Favourite car to drive?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dazzla
  • 67 comments
  • 4,298 views
Mine's BNR34.
My weapon of choice.
 
^ I'm surprisingly dissatisfied with mine, 'scuse the pun.

It felt much faster in GT4 IMHO.
 
I really love the Evo X, but it is likely my opinion is completely biased based on the actual car I drive. :)

I've spent the most time in the Vette earning credits to buy an F430, however.
 
While I miss my RUFs and hope Porsches (along with RUFs) make it into GT5....The BMW M3 '07 is entertaining me. As is the little BMW 1 series concept you get from completing class B.

I've been playing with the F40 but it's too early to say if I like it or not. The Ferrari's will take some time to get used too as they have never been in GT before. So far, so good though...

I find it interesting that cars I loved in Gt2/3/4p/4 I don't in GT5p. The Skyline R34 Nur for example. Maybe my favorite car in GT4p/4, but in GT5p it's just kinda bland sadly. Same goes for the 350z and the AMG SL55. The VW GTI was good fun in GT4 but not in GT5p To counter that I never liked the Integras or NSXs in GT2/3/4p/4..but in GT5p they are both wonderful.

I credit that to the rebuilt physics engine and more realistic handling/tire performance (one of my big sticking points in GT series and why I always hot lapped on N1 tires). The physics engine is really different and far more realisitc, at least in that little errors in handling or corner entry are magnified and punished. it's like like GT2/3/4p/4 where you could power out of most things with little consequences, even in time. I like it. The other big change is I'm not playing with a Dualshock controller, not a wheel...and it's been a while since I played any GT anything given I got a bit burned out on GT4.

Given the new physics engine and handling...I'm really looking forward to taking the RUF CTR out on the Nordschleife. That combo was a handful (and my favorite handful) in GT4p/4 but in GT5...wow. If the BMW M3 handling is any hint (and the M3's handling is a good hint at how a Porsche will handle, in GT4 and in real life. Yes I know it's not a RR layout, but the M3 does handle like a 911 in many ways, especially balance and oversteeer oddly.) then...wow...just wow.
 
For Daytona Superspeedway it's the Gran Turismo Concept GT40.

But if I want a bit of a challenge its the Mine's Skyline:dopey:, it can beat the GT40s at Daytona easily enough.


I like the Amuse S2000, but if there are any listed on the Daytona Race they're just going to ram you:grumpy:, so watch out for them.
 
Elise 111R Tuned. I just love the way this car corner. Not an easy car to drive though(no aids), but the G25 helps. Still a winner for Susuka 700 points though, I have a lot fun with the GTs.
 
well im a hardcore BMW guys so any of the bimmers float my boat lol but with aids only though ;)
 
I have always like the Corvette tuned. it was a little lacking before the update, but now it is certainly on the ascension! It is very rapid, handles like a dream, and will nuke all comers @ Daytona, plus it will shuffle up nicely to the top of the pack at other tracks.

Other cars I like are the:

Nissan GT-R '07
Audi R8
Suzuki Swift Tuned
Lotus 'Motorsport' Elise
Honda NSX-R
 
For Daytona Superspeedway it's the Gran Turismo Concept GT40.

I think you mean the GT, not the GT40 ;)
If you want to give it a number, use GT44.
 
the f430 is probably the most fun i've had with any car on pro physics ... i struggle to draw myself away from using the elise online though, it's just so nimble!
 
my favourite car right now has to simply be the honda NSX-R ;)
the car turns very very well and is enough to smoke an evo X tuned in a straight (even with only 668pp's)
But what makes me love this car is the fact that it is really a challenge to drive, making it terribly fun :sly: and plus, if driven correctly, it's a natural winner :D
 
The Aston Martin DB9, it does everything the XK does but with more power, therefore it can challenge any other car in the game if the driver is good. Looks 👍 too.
 
I like the Tuned Nissan Skyline Coupe, Tuned Clio and most challenging cars (like z06, GT, F40, 430, etc.). :crazy:

I don't like GT-R, because it is too easy. Go to 700PP Fuji online race and check out the line-up - most of cars are GT-R. People are choosing easiest car and are prepared to do anything to win - where is fun in that. Get a tough car and win - that's fun! 👍
 
I like the Tuned Nissan Skyline Coupe, Tuned Clio and most challenging cars (like z06, GT, F40, 430, etc.). :crazy:

I don't like GT-R, because it is too easy. Go to 700PP Fuji online race and check out the line-up - most of cars are GT-R. People are choosing easiest car and are prepared to do anything to win - where is fun in that. Get a tough car and win - that's fun! 👍

You want a tough car to win with? Use the Jaguar. All the cars you have listed except the Clio and Skyline I regularly see come 1st.
 
The GT-R is my favorite so far, powerful and easy to drive!
 
I like the Mines Skyline BNR34 and the Blitz ER34 the best
 
MINI Cooper S, it's as close to my own car as I can get. It's fun driving the beans out of it, something I would never do in my own personal vehicle.
 
I love the Clio V6, I just right now got the Tuned Cappuccino car, I like it as well. Soon i will try to get the Good'ol Lancia.
 
You want a tough car to win with? Use the Jaguar. All the cars you have listed except the Clio and Skyline I regularly see come 1st.

I like Jaguar and DB9 as well and using them online. Like I said I don't like using the easiest car. Cars like Jaguar, DB9 etc don't stand chance on most of tracks with somebody who plays GT-R non-stop, but I don't care. It's all about fun, isn't.

Clio and Skyline Tuned versions are my favourite cars to play online at the moment, even though they don't stand a chance with GT-R 👍
 
Ya the GT-R is really easy to drive, I suck at the game and I'm able to control it no problem and turn out of a slide with ease. This is without all the traction aids and whatnot as well. I wonder if the car is that easy to drive in real life?
 
Ya the GT-R is really easy to drive, I suck at the game and I'm able to control it no problem and turn out of a slide with ease. This is without all the traction aids and whatnot as well. I wonder if the car is that easy to drive in real life?

When I play Spec one ( Japaneses version) The GTR was on rails even with S2 tires.
Now I got the US version Spec II. And car seems more real and bit harder to steer if you push it. It's a great car, but for me I never really got into it in terms of FUN driving.
 
When I play Spec one ( Japaneses version) The GTR was on rails even with S2 tires.
Now I got the US version Spec II. And car seems more real and bit harder to steer if you push it. It's a great car, but for me I never really got into it in terms of FUN driving.

It's fun for doing Top Gear esque power slides I guess if you really lay into the accelerator going around a corner but you can rope it in way to easy. I think I manage to spin out one in it and that was under one heck of a corner that I entered way to fast. Although I haven't tried professional physics yet.
 
I like my lime green amuse s2000 :)
 
It's fun for doing Top Gear esque power slides I guess if you really lay into the accelerator going around a corner but you can rope it in way to easy. I think I manage to spin out one in it and that was under one heck of a corner that I entered way to fast. Although I haven't tried professional physics yet.

I always used PRO settings in every way.. then I try out Standard.. and man its like a ARCADE game now.. Try GTR with PRO, you will spin out if you get carried away.
 
yea the GTR was really easy to get into and fast
there was 0 lag between the gear shifts

i also driven the G35 (350GT sedan) for first time
it was quite an enjoyable experience
not as fast as the Z nor corner as well but it was quite fun imo
 
I only have 5 or 6 cars right now but so far I like my tuned Cappucino the best.
 
I am in love with the F430, lord knows it is overplayed and hyped. But it feels so delicate. Set up a little soft in back, and any scary lift oversteer is gone. Not to mention that engine note is a thing of beauty.

And with the Dark grey metallic paint, i don't look that much of a knob.
 
Back