Favourite Enthusia Moments

• Thread starter MikeCUK28
  • 97 comments
Lemke
The worst thing that has happened to me so far is doing the reverse Nurburgring for the first time. I hardly spent any time on the road. I was everywhere on the grass. That really sucked.

lol, happened to me too. It was the entire lap going like "... awww, I think that there's a slight turn right after this litle uphill straight ... AHHHHH ... SCHLOMPPPP!!!!! ... damn ... .... grass .... where's the track ??? ... ah, ok, back to it .... now .... I'm heading for the Karroussell .... should be anytime now ..... I'll be cautious because there should be a slight left just before it ... a slight left ... there, I can see it ... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!! " (that's me entering the Karrusell "you know how", and losing zillions of Enthu points)

:D

rsmithdrift
You guys are in way too much of a hurry to beat the game. It takes all the fun out of it. I'm halfway into my second year and I'm at rank 300 something. I haven't run a race with lower than 5:1 odds for as long as I can remember. Once the car hits level 6 I swap it to loose the advantage. Every race I run is a drift session and if I finish 2nd or 3rd I'm happy. Hell even if I don't finish I'm still happy after all the smoke clears!! :sly: :dopey:

I wan't this game to last a good long time. 👍 I do this with all my games. I progress them as slowly as I can and have a blast while not progressing.

BTW, I'm at 60% completion of Enthusia and 40% of GT4 (I like to drift in Time Trial mode)

I'm still working on that same game of Enthusia Life...trying to get all of the cars. I had rank 1 for many consecutive weeks, but then it got too hard to maintain so I concentrated more on just trying to earn more cars.

I still use my MGB in RIII races. I don't really get how to use better cars but still get good ranking. If I use an S15 in RI or RII I either get smoked, or when I win I get about 100 less points than if I was using the MGB in RIII.

I used to drift the Nurburgring in Reverse in GT4 all the time, so it's a piece of cake for me, except when I hopped in the Audi R8 I had just won and saw a race around the Nurburgring and thought 'crap, that's an easy win, I've got well over 4,000 Miles on the 'Ring in GT4, I know it like the back of my hand.'

Then I notice we're going the wrong way, and the high speed/racecar physics are rough in this game.

I wound up retiring out after my second spin, the first one I recovered neatly, then I was coming up into Pflanzgarten II and the 787b whacked me, but good, and I whip,whip,whip,whip,thud, back against the wall, facing the wrong way as I watch the other 4 cars pass me.

BLARGH!

Oh, favorite Enthusia moment?

Locking the differential on an S15 Spec.R (blue), at Dragon Range downhill, and drifting the entire 6th turn (the sweeping, decreasing radius, left out of the Tunnel) sideways, smoking, without touching a wall, and exiting smoothly.

I'm gonna make a .gif out of that somehow and use it as my avatar.

Onikaze
Oh, favorite Enthusia moment?

Locking the differential on an S15 Spec.R (blue), at Dragon Range downhill, and drifting the entire 6th turn (the sweeping, decreasing radius, left out of the Tunnel) sideways, smoking, without touching a wall, and exiting smoothly.

I'm gonna make a .gif out of that somehow and use it as my avatar.

I love it when I manage to nail that corner. :D Anyway, if you need help with that, I have a program that can turn videos into gifs...I'm not sure it would look very good with GTP's avatar size restrictions, though... :indiff: If you look at my avatar, it's pretty simple, yet it's 19.9kb, just below the 20kb limit.... :crazy:

I did that corner last night with a 2005 Mustang GT (Blue w/ White Stripes), level 4, a couple tweaks to suspension, locked diff...

It was freaking awesome, mid way through I was losing speed so I got to downshift, so right as the tail is pointing at the camera it "rnROWWN"s at it.

I'm gonna see if my brother in laws computer has a capture card, which I think it does.

1 - Winning my first race without getting any black flags.
2 - Winning the Toyota 2000GT

Passing the Driving Revolution missions with my DFP. The amount of control and feel with the DFP compared to the DS2 in Enthusia is just amazing, even more so than with GT4. I passed the DR mission with the R8 (the complete lap of Level 17) on my 5th try with the DFP and I couldn't pass it in 20-25 attempts with the DS2.

Oh, new favorite moment.

Level 4 AE86 w/Locked Diff Vs. EK9 Type R, Dragon Range Downhill, going all Initial D there.

Showed off too much in the first half, managed to fall behind a little, then I came through the tight left before the bridge perfectly and carried enough speed to draft the Type R, and just as he set up to brake for the right onto the bridge I kick the clutch, slip wide, and smoke the tires around on the outside, perfect pass, no flags, managed to fend him off the rest of the race too.

Exhilirating.

Just picked up the game for Christmas and I'm having loads of fun with it so far. Finally "beat" Enthusia Life (although I plan to keep going...) today, which led to a favorite, if not interesting moment.

Look out, really long summary ahead.
---
So year 1 I get through with 3 cars- the 2 Cooper's and the Audi TT (uh, the not Sline version). Great fun, but guess what? I'm only rank 32 :yuck: No King of Year race for me.

Having heard horror stories about getting to the KoY race and getting wtfpwned by RUFs, I decide to spend the beginning of year 2 getting the fastest road car I can think of- the Mercedes SLR. After 3 months of shuffling around, I get the SLR...and get dumped to rank 500-something. :scared: I jump back into the TT and race it's freaking butt off (so many 1000 pts...managed to level myself to Driver Lv. 40 too). I'm really glad that I like Lowenseering (or whatever it's called)

Eventually I end up rank 1 at the end of year 2. Funky music plays and I enter the King of the Year Grand Prix (*cough* it's only one race) with my SLR. The field consists of 4 slow cars about on par with the Subaru WRX, and the M3 GTR. By the time I hit T3 on lap 1, I realize 2 things:

1) The M3 isn't falling behind that much
2) I can't drive :dunce:

I'm pretty sure I would've depleted that crappy Enthu bar 5 times over if I could. But I don't really care, all I want to do is win.

Unfortunately, I manage to lose a 9 second lead over the course of 1.5 laps and by the time I get off the gigantic final straight there's this big silver thing right on my tail.

Oh, and did I mention
3) I really suck at slowing from 200 to 50 mph :ouch:

Hello wall! I shuffle around in the dirt for a bit before realizing...crap, he passed me. But wait, there's more! He's really only a little bit ahead of me: the game says I'm 2nd, I just can't see his car though- so we're neck and neck coming out of the final turn. I cannot really express how glad I am that my car outpowers his.

Final result: 1st by 0.372s after a 16-minute race! :dopey: That's probably the most intense race I've ever been in in my life!

I haven't got too far in Enthusia life yet, I'm driving an Ruf in the main mode though, that car is a blast to drive, the tail can be kicked out should you want to but it doesn't step out unless you want it too, it hold a line really well and tells you it's going to start understeering nice and early. I love it, it's the Turbo R I think.

I like to take my Turbo R, lock the front and rear differentials all the way, set it to level 10 and go drift Tsukuba, DR Downhill, and Cosmic Eggway (I love getting all the way around that big turn with all four tires going) til I get the urge out of me.

Those high powered 4WD cars are a blast, plus it's fun, in a geeky way, to hear the blow off valves when you shift...Pssht!

live4speed
I haven't got too far in Enthusia life yet, I'm driving an Ruf in the main mode though, that car is a blast to drive, the tail can be kicked out should you want to but it doesn't step out unless you want it too, it hold a line really well and tells you it's going to start understeering nice and early. I love it, it's the Turbo R I think.

Have you tried the famous Yellow Bird yet? It's very odd that I feel that the car in the game is loaded with understeer...:indiff:

Really?

The CTR Understeers?

Maybe if you steer with the front wheels...

All Porsche's do that though, especially the older ones.

However, if you're steering with your right foot and the clutch, it doesn't push at all.

I don't drift much, I prefer to grip. I do drift down the Dragon Range though, all the time.

I've got a passion for being sideways.

Grip is just a tool to make up time if I slip behind, or am trying to keep someone behind me.

Drift is how I drive when I can choose.

Especially fun to take the Blackbird out around tracks like Autumn Mountain, or even just Marco Strada (Note: Blackbird=level 10 Ruf CTR, Locked Rear Diff, Black...I noticed it sounds like a jet, and Yellowbird doesn't fit the black car right) and just see how sideways I can get the thing without losing it all.

I'd say my latest favorite moments have been completing some very loooooong drifts, like the carousell in...oh, can't think of the name, Seine or something...and the large turn of Cosmic Eggway, getting through the first 4 turns of Autumn Mountain without fully regaining traction, and of course the big double apexers on DR Downhill.

Onikaze
I've got a passion for being sideways.

Grip is just a tool to make up time if I slip behind, or am trying to keep someone behind me.

Drift is how I drive when I can choose.

Especially fun to take the Blackbird out around tracks like Autumn Mountain, or even just Marco Strada (Note: Blackbird=level 10 Ruf CTR, Locked Rear Diff, Black...I noticed it sounds like a jet, and Yellowbird doesn't fit the black car right) and just see how sideways I can get the thing without losing it all.

Blackbird = The Porsche 911 driven by Tatsuya Shima in the racing manga known as Wangan Midnight.

blackbirdwanganmin2jz.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wangan_Midnight

GarouGT
hmmm. that wangan midnight is interesting. isnt that lettering the same as midnight club racing game? Is it any at all related to that game????

I used to play a bit Wangan Maximum Tune at the arcade. The game is quite boring, but very popular among those who can't race fast & only tune their car.

Though it's very fun to come with a 600HP car & beat the crap ass the newb with his 900+hp car.

GarouGT
hmmm. that wangan midnight is interesting. isnt that lettering the same as midnight club racing game? Is it any at all related to that game????

My theory is that Rockstar just stole the Kanji and text design and turned it into their title graphic. :lol:

Mr Deap
I used to play a bit Wangan Maximum Tune at the arcade. The game is quite boring, but very popular among those who can't race fast & only tune their car.

Though it's very fun to come with a 600HP car & beat the crap ass the newb with his 900+hp car.

Bah. It's a zillion times better than Initial D Arcade Stage. Initial D's physics just reek, and despite appearances it's more based on car tuning than skill. Wangan is much more balanced, as long as the players have the same amount of tuning points...

NSX-R
Isn't the old z the main character in that series?

Indeed. The main character's car, or main character, depending on how you look at it, is an old midnight-blue S30 Fairlady Z which has killed all of its previous owners. It's called the Devil Z.

Wolfe2x7
Indeed. The main character's car, or main character, depending on how you look at it, is an old midnight-blue S30 Fairlady Z which has killed all of its previous owners. It's called the Devil Z.

INNNNTERESTING!!! O,O

One of the best moments I've had in enthusia involves the AI and a test I did on Tsukuba, basically on the straight towards the sweeper I stopped in the middle of the track and watched to see what the AI would do. I was surprised to see every car slow down and drive by me avoiding but what was even better was seeing a Black BMW E30 M3 not slow down and cut in front of another car diagonally and blast by my front left side. It was crazy to see how smart the AI actually was !

I've lost the video I captured of it though. :(

Wolfe2x7
My theory is that Rockstar just stole the Kanji and text design and turned it into their title graphic. :lol:

Bah. It's a zillion times better than Initial D Arcade Stage. Initial D's physics just reek, and despite appearances it's more based on car tuning than skill. Wangan is much more balanced, as long as the players have the same amount of tuning points...

The story sucks though.

Back