Favourite Enthusia Moments

• Thread starter MikeCUK28
  • 97 comments
My favorite EPR moment is everytime I drive on Dragon Range... I Kill the lights in my room, turn airconditioning up, fire up the PS2, DFP, 29 inch TV, Settle in to the cockpit then drive all night! :)

I was racing a Jaguar XKR with my Integra Type-R (DC5), and we were going back and forth for 12 laps on burgenschlucht (I think I spelled that right), and I was in the red for Enthu Points, because of the amount of times we ran into each other trying to overtake each other :D Intense race, I won by 2 seconds at the end.

The driving feel of this game is brilliant, best driving game I've ever played. Just my opinion of course.

So far my favourite moment has been a versus race against a friend, both in BMW M3 E30 (red and black) on 3 laps.

We kept overtaking each other and some of the drifting was just sublime. I remember at times screeching with excitement at coming to a bend, both drifting and me overtaking in a tighter drift on the inside lane. Although I won the race the taking part was far more rewarding.:)

That is one of my favorite things to do, set up an overtake drift on Dragon Range.

Certain corners leave the AI baffled, and it's awesome looking to capitalize on it, smoke the tires, and slide around the outside.

Most games, once I've gone back to something like FFXI, fade from my memory, Enthusia is one of those few games that manages to make me want to come back time and again.

-I love that I made it to Rank 1 in a Stegia (yeah, the big, new VQ25VET-powered soccermom wagon).
-Beating most of the cars in a Toyota Estima Hybrid from beginning to the Stegia.
-Finding 'true' Automatics in it towards the cheap ones on GT4, these actually sfift like a true Auto!!!
-finding the E30 M3
-cruising on Wintertarum (did I spell it right?) in a Polo 1.4L [after finding out it is a 4-speed automatic, lol] and getting stuck on a offroad hill after revving to redline, bouncing off of it 2 times, and it put itself in 2nd and held 4,800-5,200RPM's....took me 5 minutes and 29 seconds to climb it......I hate snow.
-FINDING OUT IT HAS THE BMW-POWERED Range Rover! [it seems it is, 4.4L V8, 282HP, hmm, sounds pretty 540i power-ish....]
-having the best handling car in my profile be a Estima Hybrid [don't ask...]
-running a 11:01 on the Nur in a stock Land Cruiser 100 TD [another "don't ask" moment]
-using the game all the time with ONLY the DFP
-drifting a S600L bone stock on Tsukuba! that is heaven!

This is my all-time favorite game right beside GT4. hmm, I go from having a fast JDM VIP Oddyssy [typo] on GT4, to a Estima Hybrid on Enthusia, this is real creepy having my best cars....be vans :odd:
Clinton

I can definitely relate to some of those, but I think you made a typo...how can the best-handling car in your profile be the Estima Hybrid if you have the E30 M3? :scared: :lol: ;)

Best Euthusia moment has to be when i drifted the Mustang 1966 on the Victoria Road Reverse, the first right handed kink and the second loooooooong right handed sweeper and *just* managed to flick the car over to drift the two left handed corners!

That was a right good feeling doing that. However i was a bit disappointed that there wasn't much smoke from the tyres....:(

I came second in that race btw!

It is a really good driving game, allows you many ways to chose driving lines around corners, wherelse in GT4, you kinda had to stick with the same driving lines to get around the corner properly.

I need to play more and get the drifts going, the 'Stang really does like drifting, either stock or with changed setting. I've actually tried to put understeer on it, early on however that seemed to make it more driftier!
(I think it was because i pushed it harder instead)

Right, i'm off.

Clin_10
-running a 11:01 on the Nur in a stock Land Cruiser 100 TD [another "don't ask" moment]

^^^This has changed, that 1st time came from my 1st run on the Nur on the game in something more heavy than my Estima. This is my new time:
NurTimeOnEnthusia.jpg

(yeah, I was such a geek, I typed in Sabine because of the Top Gear episode with the Ford Transit on Nur)

Wolfe2x7
I can definitely relate to some of those, but I think you made a typo...how can the best-handling car in your profile be the Estima Hybrid if you have the E30 M3?
believe it pal, lol. No joke, it can handle the Nur better than the E30, lol.
Clinton

Clin_10
^^^This has changed, that 1st time came from my 1st run on the Nur on the game in something more heavy than my Estima. This is my new time:
*pic*
(yeah, I was such a geek, I typed in Sabine because of the Top Gear episode with the Ford Transit on Nur)

Man, that's almost as fast as my Nissan Bluebird time... :lol: (the Bluebird is the closest EPR approximation to my real-life car. :scared: )

Clin_10
believe it pal, lol. No joke, it can handle the Nur better than the E30, lol.
Clinton

You're a liar. :lol:

Another nice moment for me.

Running a Range Rover around the little indoor dirt track, just messing around when I noticed how well modelled the droop on the suspension when the car is in the air.

As the car takes the last jump the camera is almost straight on and when its in the air the droop on the front suspension can clearly be seen.

Regards

Scaff

Hey all, i don't post often, but read the forums lots :)

Only recently got enthusia (like a wek ago) after watching the Drift vids posted by RSmithdrift mading me think, gotta have this game, and searching every shop for a PAL version...

Best moments so far for me,
Winning a race in my stock cappuccino :)

Beating a STi Scooby on the Mystic Cave with a Civic type R (The EP I think it is). That had the biggest wow factor for me, a FWD beeting a Scooby on a rally esq course.

When I started to win races with no black flags. Took some getting used to (DS2, got a wheel, but can't be bothered with setting it up, plus my dissertation will never get finnished if I use the wheel) but starting ot do well now (mid to low 500s ranking)

I just got the game. Nice change of pace from GT4, though it took quite a lot of getting used to. Undoubtedly, one of my favorite moments so far was when I started to just get it (I'm still learning, but at least I don't spin out every turn). I haven't even taken an easy path either - I started with the Cosmo and continued with the RX-7 (FC), both FR cars that require a lot more effort to control than FF or AWD cars.

Anyway, yesterday I got to RII and did the Dragon Range for the very first time, against another RX-7. I had heard about the course but I had never done it before, so I wasn't expecting to do that well. Still, despite trailing for nearly the entire race and losing all my Enthu points, I managed to pull ahead of my opponent at the VERY last turn and won by about .3 seconds. I was proud of that one for sure!

Second time through the Dragon Range was with an Evo VI against an Impreza. This time I was actually outmatched according to the odds, and again I trailed for most of the race, but I pulled ahead not long before the end and won by a small margin. Third time was the charm... I was overmatched against my opponent, but I managed to get through the whole course and I only hit the walls twice. So my skills have markedly improved since I started.

The one I did today that I really liked, though, was my Lvl. 10 RX-7 against a TVR Tamora at Marco Strada in the wet. I was again outmatched (and that makes things tough for a beginner like me), but I raced cleanly and consistently throughout, taking that little jog faster than the TVR every lap, and eventually winning with a significant lead. I still got black flags on half my laps, but if I can even do one perfect lap in a race, I'm happy.

Man, I like this game. The thing I dislike is how one small mistake can screw you up pretty badly, and I wish switching cars didn't count against you. The fact that it does tends to make me reset my PS2 when I screw up badly in a race instead of just going with it and trying to recover, and I think resetting goes against what the game is trying to do. But waiting for the thing to reload just to try again is enough of a pain to motivate me, and I'm doing it less and less now that I've played for longer.

Finding out I could cheat at the final 4 Driving Revolution tests, and then realizing that it probably wasn't much easier to do it the way I did it instead of drifting.
Also, finding out the DeLorean is such a stupidly easy car to win with, even against upper B/lower A class cars.

My Enthusia moments are when I discovered the Lancia 037 in the game! :drool: I spent that whole night pretending I was Henri Toivonen or Miki Biasion :lol: .

My others are when I found out it's not so diffucult to drive with a DS2 once you got the basics down. So no fretting if you only have a DS2 to use, I do just fine. 👍

Another is when I got through a huge chunk of the EL mode in a AE86. I was pretty much unbeatable, even on dirt. (Aslong as I tuned the LSD.)

This is simply a fun game to play, GT4 has its moments, but Enthusia is a very good game. 👍

This is also the ONLY game I use a manual transmission for, and it's a lot easier that way.

My Enthusia moments are when I discovered the Lancia 037 in the game! :drool: I spent that whole night pretending I was Henri Toivonen or Miki Biasion :lol: .
Quiet you! I'm guessing I raced at least 20 races against the 037 until I finally won it. I even won its older brother before it, and I still wasn't able to get it.

I had no idea the 037 or these names were known or had any admirers in the US ... :dunce:

I had no idea the 037 or these names were known or had any admirers in the US ... :dunce:

The internet is a powerful thing, and we used to get good programming on the Speed channel until it turned into the NASCAR-and-car/bike-related-reality-TV-shows channel.

Besides, it's not like all of us are NASCAR fans. ;)

The internet is a powerful thing, and we used to get good programming on the Speed channel until it turned into the NASCAR-and-car/bike-related-reality-TV-shows channel.

Besides, it's not like all of us are NASCAR fans. ;)

I'm a bit of a contradiction in and of myself in my driving tastes.... I am a total drift addict and road racing fan and NISSAN lover. Yet at the same time I am a game modifier for NASCAR Racing 2003 Season. lol. I love racing at Talladega and Daytona in the pack.

Well, my favourite Enthusia moment still is when I reached 100% at Driving Revolution. I found it really difficult to achieve, but not impossible. So I kept trying and made it. My next best moment of Enthusia will be when I'll find the most fun-to-drive car (yes, I still haven't found it).

Leaner Driver, I take it that when you mean "reaching 100% in DR" that just means clearing all the stages, right? But you should do it getting "S" in all of them. Because: a) when you achieve that you'll get another "favourite moment" ; b) that way you'll solve the problem you posted in the other thread, meaning, you'll have all cars unlocked for FR and TA;

Cheers

Learner Driver, I take it that when you mean "reaching 100% in DR" that just means clearing all the stages, right? But you should do it getting "S" in all of them. Because: a) when you achieve that you'll get another "favourite moment" ; b) that way you'll solve the problem you posted in the other thread, meaning, you'll have all cars unlocked for FR and TA;

No, I got "S" in all of them and I unlocked all the cars. But that doesn't mean that I unlocked all the Cars in Enthusia Life. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Not sure if this counts as a favourite moment, but certainly memorable.

First RS class race, take my lvl10 Evo 8 GSR and think I'll do ok. In the line up there are two cars listed as favourites over me, RX7 FD and Merc.-McLaren SLR....this was gonna be tough.....track was Löwenseering....first race there for me...

Right then. Lets kick off...light goes green, dump the clutch and start to work my way up the pack. Not so bad it seems, until I ease off for the first bend....well there was my critical error....the SLR sails past like I'm standing still....

Coming to the end of the second lap, after chasing the SLR as best I could, and making up ground in the corners, but losing on the straights I'm 8.5 seconds down...End of the third lap, 11 sec down...right time to stope trying to win and cut my losses. I drive at a good pace but well with in my limits. End result 27sec behind the SLR.

Man was I eating some humble pie....

My real car helped me learn to play Enthusia.

No seriously.

I picked up my first wheel, a G25, in December. Trying to drive with that thing was like learning to walk again. Up until very recently, I was having a lot of trouble managing oversteer on the wheel (whereas I had no problem on the DS2). I just couldn't anticipate it, or feel it.

Well, it's been snowing here. So I went out to do what any enthusiast with a RWD, manual, LSD equipped car (and an empty street/parking lot) would do. Go drifting! :dopey: So I've been sliding my car around the snow for the past two weeks. Lots of fun, and friendly on the snow tires too.

After a long break from Enthusia, I booted it tonight and went for a few laps. I was cured! I can hang the tail loose in Enthusia again! :dopey: It was an incredible Enthusia moment. Real life benefiting the sim. LOL. And here I was thinking it should be the other way around. :dunce:

My favorite moment?

When I realized I lost over 4 hours of gameplay because I forgot to save. This happened last night when I first got the game. Now I have to start ALL over. I'm really close to just putting this game away.

I mean, all I wanted to do was unlock Dragon Rage and some Initial D cars and race all day and night! But No!

Four hours lost.:ouch: :ouch: :grumpy:

My favorite moment is when I turn on my PS2 sit down and take the old Hachiroku for a little drifting fun down the Dragon Range and trying to improve my best time. But other than that was when I got the Audi racecar and realizing that it was hella quick.

My best moment was when I sell the game thinking that GT4 will be better. Ah no in fact its my worst moment, my best was when I start to drift the S15 on the "test track" (the one near the space rocket).
The second was when I unlock Dragon Range and start drifting on it.

The 3rd will be tomorow if I can find a copy of the game on my store (I've see that there is one since many month but I bet that tomorow it'll be magicaly disappear).

Back