February 14 Bounty Hunter - Alan Hartman

Mexico
Mexico
Hi everybody, two bounty hunter events are up since yesterday, featuring Turn 10's Alan Hartman (GT: The man who ran).
1st event:
Track: Daytona 24 Hour
Car to use: 2017 Ford GT
Alan's fastest time as of 03/05: 1:48.077
Participation Reward: 2016 Porsche GT3 RS
Winner Car: 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R Forza Edition

2nd event:
Track: Le Mans Classic
Car to use: 1966 Ford #2 GT40 Mk II Le Mans
Alan's fastest time as of 03/01: 4:03.536
Participation Reward: 1958 MG MGA
Winner Car: Jaguar XJ220 Forza Edition

The event closed on March 7, and the reward cars have been distributed on March 8!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the times to beat. If we're supposed to beat his time, then why doesn't it post the time to beat in the rivals event? It treats these Bounty Hunter events as any other rivals event. What do I care if I beat Joe Shmo's time, if the Challenge is to beat Alan Hartman.

Thanks for posting the times to beat. If we're supposed to beat his time, then why doesn't it post the time to beat in the rivals event? It treats these Bounty Hunter events as any other rivals event. What do I care if I beat Joe Shmo's time, if the Challenge is to beat Alan Hartman.
His times are not final and may keep improving. It's best to select him as a rival to try to keep ahead.

Last edited:
There is no real community touch in these events, both Bountys and Rivals.
Numbers are telling everything; if there is some serious interest, we won't be looking 3k, we would see 30k entries until now!

They are designed good, but I think, presented to wide public extremely bad, starting with game menus itself!

"Delivering the Sting" has small promotion and numbers were much bigger, despite of quality of event.

On other hand, "Precise Engineering" and this two Bountys are great, but look at the numbers...

So I'm asking myself, is it worth it of some cars that later will everyone have, to torch myself with two heavy controller unfriendly events, that will be simply erased after they end it?

Well, I posted my Hardcore times, 1:47.1 and 4:04 just when events began - and wrote about their appearance here, but now, when leaderboards should have been in big two digits numbers, I'm in doubt there will be more from me...

Bounty Hunter Event 1 – Valentine’s With a Hart(man)

Participation Reward: 2016 Porsche GT3 RS

Winner Car: 1993 Ford SVT Cobra R Forza Edition

Bounty Hunter Event 2 – Valentine’s With a Hart(man)

Participation Reward: 1958 MG MGA (is this a new/returning car? don't remember seeing it before in FM7)

Winner Car: Jaguar XJ220 Forza Edition

Participation cars are great, doubt I'll bother trying to beat his time.

There is no real community touch in these events, both Bountys and Rivals.
Numbers are telling everything; if there is some serious interest, we won't be looking 3k, we would see 30k entries until now!

They are designed good, but I think, presented to wide public extremely bad, starting with game menus itself!

"Delivering the Sting" has small promotion and numbers were much bigger, despite of quality of event.

On other hand, "Precise Engineering" and this two Bountys are great, but look at the numbers...

So I'm asking myself, is it worth it of some cars that later will everyone have, to torch myself with two heavy controller unfriendly events, that will be simply erased after they end it?

Well, I posted my Hardcore times, 1:47.1 and 4:04 just when events began - and wrote about their appearance here, but now, when leaderboards should have been in big two digits numbers, I'm in doubt there will be more from me...

I’ve been playing since Fm2 but injust recently got into Bounty Hunter events and Rivals never really grabbed me. Indeed the menu and communication from T10 about these events is just bad.

I just tried the Alan Hartman Le Mans event. I only managed a 4:01:23..? Am inthat bad or is he some kind of racing god? Im only doing it because i heard the Jaguar XJ220 FE was attainable through event.

Can anybody enlighten me on how to beat his time or get the car?

So i just did the Daytona Bounty Hunter event. How is the hell is that guy so bloody quick? I tried everything. Even went so far as to do a lap cutting the chicane at full speed and still couldn’t get closer than 3 seconds..wtf? How does this work anyway? Is there a reason i cant see his ghostlap? I have some number 1 leaderboard times so i cant be that bad.

Can anybody explain how it seems as if he’s driving a tuned car or not?

I managed a 1.50 on my 4th lap, I'm having slightly more trouble at le mans managed a 4.09 I don't really like how that car handles.

I think I beat his current time on Daytona in only 2 laps and I messed up the bus stop big time. As long as he doesn't improve by too much I should be able to beat him.

I'm just going to settle for a clean lap at Le Mans since the default tune on the GT40 doesn't fit my driving style.

Nice to see a prize car that didn't ship with the game. How it should be.

I'm only going to bother with the participation rewards.

Are cars won in events like Leagues, Forzathon, or Bounty’s not able to be auctioned off or won/bought in the auction house? I’m looking for a Ferrari 599 GTO and BMW Z8 bit haven’t been able to find one in the Auction House.

I don't care for Daytona that much, but for a Porsche GT3 RS, I'll do it.

Too bad the car we use isn't also added to your garage. I don't have either of the GTs, so it would be nice to have them.

Are cars won in events like Leagues, Forzathon, or Bounty’s not able to be auctioned off or won/bought in the auction house? I’m looking for a Ferrari 599 GTO and BMW Z8 bit haven’t been able to find one in the Auction House.

You can auction the Z8, but there doesn't appear to be any on the AH at the moment. The 599 GTO doesn't appear to be auctionable at the moment.

FINALLY!! I was looking forward to the 911 GT3 RS for such a long time! Great news for us Porsche fans.

I think i managed a 1:47 so far in Daytona, it is a very fun rivals event with a great car on a cool track.

The Daytona event made me wonder whether the Ford GT was updated to the production version for FM7?

You can auction the Z8, but there doesn't appear to be any on the AH at the moment. The 599 GTO doesn't appear to be auctionable at the moment.

Really? Maybe there's hope.

The Daytona event made me wonder whether the Ford GT was updated to the production version for FM7?

These are the most recently modified cars as of the Dell car pack:
upload_2018-2-17_21-57-54.png

That includes the DLC itself, the cars mentioned in the changelog (such as the Delta and the RSR), but I'm not sure what has changed on the others such as the RS17 and GT3RS.

These are the most recently modified cars as of the Dell car pack:
View attachment 715082

That includes the DLC itself, the cars mentioned in the changelog (such as the Delta and the RSR), but I'm not sure what has changed on the others such as the RS17 and GT3RS.

Thanks, but I didn't refer to this update. I meant, was the Ford GT production car part of FM7 when it released last year, or are we still driving the concept car from FM6?

Looks like the Porsche and the MG would be mine but, I do want the Jag. btw the mustang cobra forza edition was found by leveling up because I have it.

1 dirty lap each from a standing start is all the time I care to invest in this. Locking many dozens of the 700+ marketed cars behind crappy and badly advertised events like this, the leagues, forum events or Forzathon is just lame. I bet I could even get a full refund of the game for that reason if I wanted to since this is no way a 700+ car game for the average Joe who doesn’t visit fm.net on a weekly basis.

1 dirty lap each from a standing start is all the time I care to invest in this. Locking many dozens of the 700+ marketed cars behind crappy and badly advertised events like this, the leagues, forum events or Forzathon is just lame. I bet I could even get a full refund of the game for that reason if I wanted to since this is no way a 700+ car game for the average Joe who doesn’t visit fm.net on a weekly basis.

If you can’t be arsed to check a website (they’ve posted about it on their forums, social media and the rewind, not to mention all the other gaming sites like this one) or even the Rivals section of the game once a week I have no sympathy for you.

Granted, for someone that has complained as much as you I can’t help but wonder why you even have the game installed still.

Locking many dozens of the 700+ marketed cars behind crappy and badly advertised events like this, the leagues, forum events or Forzathon is just lame.

Lame? Outrageous is the word you're looking for.

If you can’t be arsed to check a website (they’ve posted about it on their forums, social media and the rewind, not to mention all the other gaming sites like this one) or even the Rivals section of the game once a week I have no sympathy for you.

I'd agree if these exclusive reward cars were DLC like the MG currently up for grabs. FH3 always got that right. Keep in mind that there are many casual players out there buying the game as we speak, and these people have no chance of knowing they are too late to collect a handful of popular cars. As for all the casual players who got the game at launch, there's really no reason why Turn 10 couldn't have sent out in-game messages every time the bounties went live. Rewarding the most attentive community members with cars everyone should have access to is so pointless. Those who manage to obtain the exclusive reward cars are often confused by the sheer randomness and those who miss out are left pissed off. Turn 10 aren't exactly doing themselves any long-term favors utilizing this flawed strategy.

I got a 1:49.024 at Daytona and a 4:06.356 at Old Mulsanne. I don't think I can shave off too much more than a sec. in either event. So, I guess I'll have to settle for the 'participation prize cars'. Any chance those Forza Edition cars will be available for something else? I only care about trying to get all the cars. I'd love to trade ALL MY GOOFY DRIVER SUITS for just one of them.

Back