Feed Your NSX Drive!! - Suzuka 550PP [WE] - xx:05 / :25 / :45

• Thread starter Synwraith
  • 409 comments
Had a few races tonight,but i was making mistakes all over the place....got a bit anoyed by the punters and failed connections and by guys who are host-crash and than quit the race...:yuck:

Not a good evening...hopefully better tomorrow or later...👍

@GTP_DEVIE...sorry for the bumb man,i thought i had the inside line there in the last race,but overcooked it...:grumpy:

laters,

spy.
No probs Spyrarri,thanks for the fast clean racing. Also raced GTP_Undutchable in what looks to be a killer tuned NSX,and GTro_M4rCuS in his clio. Very fast and competitive racing. 👍👍

No probs Spyrarri,thanks for the fast clean racing. Also raced GTP_Undutchable in what looks to be a killer tuned NSX,and GTro_M4rCuS in his clio. Very fast and competitive racing. 👍👍

Hey Steve,

Great to have you part of the event, really looking forward to racing you mate in the NSX :cheers:

Regarding GTP_Undutchable (Hugo Boss), I think the tune isn't the whole story there, Hugo is undoubtedly one of the most gifted fastest GT drivers you will ever find.

All the best
Maz

Hey Steve,

Great to have you part of the event, really looking forward to racing you mate in the NSX :cheers:

Regarding GTP_Undutchable (Hugo Boss), I think the tune isn't the whole story there, Hugo is undoubtedly one of the most gifted fastest GT drivers you will ever find.

All the best
Maz

Nah Mazmate...He just Dutch... :lol: :lol: ... :sly:

spy.

Had a few races against, well, no one...

I haven't made it into the 2:15s yet, best 16.0xx, using Paulie's tune with some tweaks. I've been fiddling with the gear ratios but doesn't seem to make a difference. :grumpy: I might be on tonight, hoping to see some GTPers.

:cheers:

ARGHHHH Just tried a new setup from Hugo, on my first race only against one guy (on schedule btw) I did a 2'16.002 :(:(:(:( overall racetime under 11.30 it was 11.28.xxx so pretty happy with that. To bad nobody was there to race I had a 40sec lead in the end.

End of the evening//

Little some up of today:
Best clean lap: 2'16.002
Best draft lap:2'15.664
Best total racetime: 11'26.462 (No draft)
Best T1: 59.386

Had several good races with Hugo, who made these great laps possible 👍 and thanks for that. Also second to last race with Enigma was really a blast 👍. And last race after several FTC I tried for best total racetime. 2'15 is defently possible but no easy at all for me :D.

Last edited:
Fantastic races with Enigma, Ren-Tec, CarlPKY and undutchable 👍 It seems I've been missing out on some great racing in the past few weeks.

Hello guys

I am just curious what lap times would be if you drove automatic instead of manual for those fast drivers who drive on 2.15.xxx. with NSX.
I rather prefer to drive automatic than manual, because I cant shift with paddles behind the wheel(g27).
Must be some difference in lap times,right?

Hello guys

I am just curious what lap times would be if you drove automatic instead of manual for those fast drivers who drive on 2.15.xxx. with NSX.
I rather prefer to drive automatic than manual, because I cant shift with paddles behind the wheel(g27).
Must be some difference in lap times,right?

Yes, 100% there will be a difference. Can you not shift with the sequential stick? it's actually a lot of fun that way and I can still run the same laptimes as with paddles. Just have to concentrate a bit more.

With auto, you don't get to use slightly earlier downshifts for engine braking or earlier upshifts for improved stability on some exits. There's something like 0.5s at least to be lost through use of Auto over manual.

All the best
Maz

Yes, 100% there will be a difference. Can you not shift with the sequential stick? it's actually a lot of fun that way and I can still run the same laptimes as with paddles. Just have to concentrate a bit more.

With auto, you don't get to use slightly earlier downshifts for engine braking or earlier upshifts for improved stability on some exits. There's something like 0.5s at least to be lost through use of Auto over manual.

All the best
Maz

Yes I can use sequential stick but havent used it on races here only automatic. two nights ago i had turned in to manual by mistake, and when race began it was difficult(was used to automatic).Haven`t drived with sequential stick much just a little bit on impreza time trial which is going now and have no problems with it there.
I just think I have to practise to shift on this track so it comes autamtically.
Maybe times starts to improve a little bit aswell 👍

I've been improving. Though I'm still 2-3 seconds off the pace, My best is a 2'17.9. I'm consistently hitting low 2'18s in race, and my best race time is 11'39 (With a few mistakes on the last time that put it down to a 2'22). But i won by a good 20 second margin or so.

I'm beginning to understand how you guys can pull off 2'16s consistently. I just need to practice some more :) I'm losing at least half a second in turns 1 and 2 just for braking too early (It's better than going wide and losing 8-10 seconds instead :P)

@Seismica. im in the same boat, best is a 2.17.4 as i try to learn this complex but challenging nsx-r. I just can't seem to get a setup that im happy with :-( . But its so much more fun than driving the 111r which you could drive fast/consistent all day long. I've been using a mishmash of the tuners tunes but am not happy with the turn-in, everything else i am happy with. Will just have to keep tweaking :-)

It's been awhile since I got into some racing. I have been mainly drifting and I now decided I needed to switch things up a bit. If anyone is going to be on this weekend I would love to race. This seems like a very fun and exciting idea. Can't wait!

,The Ninja

I been off in iRacing land for awhile pretty fed up with the GT5 wait, but I could go for some prologue once again, this event looks like fun. Hope to see you all out there this weekend.

Yep I'll be on most of tomorrow now my manflu/workweek has passed 👍

All the best
Maz

Havn't touched the playstatio in a month, time to come back :)
And this looks like good fun!
I know there's a few setups out there, any tune especially recommendable?

Seeya on track!

Had a couple of races before i nip off for indoor karting. Thanks for the great races twisty, synwraith & EBK! I will be back on later, hope you guys & all the others are on for some more good racing! Maz what lap times were you doing when you were hunting me down, 15.5s?

Had a couple of races before i nip off for indoor karting. Thanks for the great races twisty, synwraith & EBK! I will be back on later, hope you guys & all the others are on for some more good racing! Maz what lap times were you doing when you were hunting me down, 15.5s?

I think there was one 15.4, I haven't been anywhere near my best today (2'14.9). Three days away from the game is usually too much for me. Sorry for the awful driving Eric, Rutter and co, just not firing on all cylinders today :(

All the best
Maz

I think there was one 15.4, I haven't been anywhere near my best today (2'14.9). Three days away from the game is usually too much for me. Sorry for the awful driving Eric, Rutter and co, just not firing on all cylinders today :(

All the best
Maz

You both (Rutter and Maz) looked great from my perspective (and we all know where that is :) 👍 Someday... I'll figure out how y'all do it. Thanks for the fun! PS. I didn't see any "awful" driving, well, except maybe when I put myself off *after* T2.:dopey:

Hmmm... this event seems to have degenerated into a Clio-fest... well driven Clios, for the most part, but not an NSX in sight.

Back