FEEDBACK FOR POLYPHONY DIGITAL: Less Forcing & More Options Please!

• Thread starter VBR
  • 112 comments
@mustangxr - There's so much fail in this game that it simply defies belief. I thought it was bad when they disqualify your next lap, but disqualifying the previous lap is absurd!

:(

Just like to mention that on July 24 I posted about the PP in seasonals, nice to see today the seasonals are different, probably a coincidence but having expert at 500PP and not in LMP1 bracket makes a nice change.

I think some of the game play is very petty like a smallest kiss on an AI car in a lot of the trials and licence tests results in a fail, just no need to be so petty.
I also think PD could stop making it so hard as not all players are driving genius's.
Please introduce a difficulty slider for the game. (I am presuming PD actually read this site and this thread!)

I'm done with GT6 for the moment, the 1.12 update has killed it for me.

While the FFB effects are still there (curb rumble etc), & can be more clearly felt now there is practically no weight to the wheel anymore, the removal of weight has made it utterly joyless for me. It also makes it very hard to feel when the car is oversteering, as I can no longer feel the wheel pulling in the opposite direction (like you can in real life).

PD, if you're gonna give us more FFB options then please give us one for Wheel Weight/Resistance. It was way too light to begin with, even with FFB set to 10 on my G25, now it's plain & simply unusable for guys like me who were already running high settings as we have nowhere to go but down.

:grumpy:

VBR
There is practically no weight to the wheel anymore, the removal of weight has made it utterly joyless for me. It also makes it very hard to feel when the car is oversteering, as I can no longer feel the wheel pulling in the opposite direction (like you can in real life).

PD, if you're gonna give us more FFB options then please give us one for Wheel Weight/Resistance. It was way too light to begin with, even with FFB set to 10 on my G25, now it's plain & simply unusable for guys like me who were already running high settings as we have nowhere to go but down.
It's not just you. Everyone with a Logitech Driving Force Pro, G25 or G27 has lost a lot of wheel weight. They just released a hotfix for it, so it may have been fixed. It's not affected me and my DFGT.

It's not just you. Everyone with a Logitech Driving Force Pro, G25 or G27 has lost a lot of wheel weight. They just released a hotfix for it, so it may have been fixed. It's not affected me and my DFGT.

I just tried the hotfix & it fixed the issue. Not just that, but the FFB feels better than before imo.

:)

The GT series isn't what it used to be no doubt. It does seem very restrictive in many scenarios. Sometimes I wish I could swap wheels from different cars like in GT4. That was an original feature. Dont know of any other game that had that. I wonder why were not allowed to paint certain cars too.

The arcade mode is really stale too. I wish we could create custom races, like all toyotas, or all f1 cars... etc. And choose how many opponents for a race. Or maybe create our own championship series.

The online has been improved majorly too but there is room for more. Acces to all cars in online mode for no tuning allowed rooms would be a great move in the right direction, along with series races too.

TBH, these points do make sense, but it doesn't happen overnight, due to the simple fact that PD's development team has been at this for nearly 20 years, they obviously know what they are doing.

Besides, nothing, NOTHING is forced on, because you didn't have to buy/play the game in the first place IMO.

TBH, these points do make sense, but it doesn't happen overnight, due to the simple fact that PD's development team has been at this for nearly 20 years, they obviously know what they are doing.

Besides, nothing, NOTHING is forced on, because you didn't have to buy/play the game in the first place IMO.

cool-story-bro-wallpaper

Well guess this thread is about as good as anywhere to post some thoughts of mine.

Long time GT - player

Rented GT1 first time on a whim and then rented it at least two other times before purchasing GT2 and then my passion for the series really took off.

Now many years later the passion has faded and it baffles me to no end that they are unable to make a game that really utilizes what they all ready have. So let me explain via the following ramblings.

• Mechanical damage, tire wear, fuel, short cut penalties etc.
    - They should give the user the ability to choose this in the settings for all races and time trials.
    - For hardcore they could even have say contact over 70 mph = race over or something to that effect.
    Basically same contact logic as in the license test.
    - Now maybe the number of race laps would need increased some per event in order to race cleaning
    without a using a significant better car, but that would be fine with me.
  • Use leader board for time trials.
    - This really irks me as one thing GT is good about is running time laps. However come on 1,000 + cars
    and only record the top ten times (pathetic). This needs to be 100 minimum and options to sort by pp
    categories and other sorting methods.
    - Also since basically arcade let friends etc whom are at your home be able to enter their own initials etc.
    Okay this part not current feature - but should be easy to implement.
  • Online Race Restrictions.
    - Not an expert at the settings as of yet. However give us the option to choose say 25 to 50 specific car models
    (unlimited would be better) that can be chosen as the car restrictions.
    - When picking the car restrictions would be nice also if at a minimum where thumb nails for car selections.
    - Option to restrict non race car.
    - Maybe an a one selection for real racing that automatically sets all selections to as real as possible and turns
    off most driver aids.
  • Offline Simulation/GT Events.
    - For the most part the events lack enormous creativity.
    - Over use of some tracks.
    - I am not a big fan of the Nurb or the new track that starts with "A" so overuse of these tracks spoils
    many of the events for me.

More later.

Really I think with just the way the game is. If utilized correctly, maybe a lot more input from actual users the game would be twice as good.

Looking forward to Project Cars and expect that it will replace GT as my game. When GT7 comes out they are really going to have to make some real changes. Maybe they are loosing focus one what is most important (having all cars premium would be way better than Vision cars).

@greenlightning - Some nice points there mate. However, I'd prefer to see realistic penalties like we get in real world motorsports, namely; drive through, stop & go's etc. They had drive throughs in GT4, & I thought that realism would carry on through the series, but sadly it didn't. I'm looking forward to P CARS as well, doubt I'll be getting GT7 now.

Many needs to become best the grand turismo, but directly now need upgrade the being is the offline gaming, ie mainly the Arcade mode with more options for races, more realism, and need much better Al, which is already marked already from previous write members, arcade mode now is the Achilles heel for gran turismo from my view.... Arcade is very important for offline enjoyment and fun.

I fail to see the logic in having a limit on number of times you can change your offline drivers name. I believe the limit is three times and then you're stuck with that name for good.

I like to change the name every now and then depending on what car I'm driving and recently reached that limit and so I can't change the name anymore. The only option would be to clear the game save data and start all over (which is just silly).

It's offline gameplay, why have a limit like that? Imagine if there would be a limit on cars you could use or tracks you could visit. Equally dumb.

A couple things
The sports computer is relevant even on older cars like an E type jag, as many vintage car owners(like me) replace the points and condenser with a modern electronic unit, and even a car with points can have timing and advance curve adjustments made, so that would be in effect the same result,
Second point, the final drive setting needs to be moved to the LSD ( limited slip differential) the final drive ratio, or axle ratio is determined by the ring and pinion used, and the ring and pinion are part of the axle and differential NOT part of the transmission,
Also l would like to see gear ratios that are possible in real life, final drive and transmissio, the amount of adjustability in the game is simply not realistic or even possible I'm the real world

I'm sure someone already mentioned, but let me talk about Event Editor again. What is an Event Editor? It's something that allow the user to choose AI opponent cars, tracks and eventually gain some credits while racing.

That and something like "Alien difficulty" for AI and it will be enough to make quite some people jump in the GT Sport wagon.

My number one complaint; why in god's name dd Polyphony include "wind noise" in GT5 Prologue, remove it from GT5, add it back in an update, and remove it again? This trend followed with GT6.

I prefer the wind noise because it makes drafting easier, plus it add depth to the audio (it also drones out the terrible engine noises). Why Polyphony removed this feature without making it an option to gamers is beyond me.

I fail to see the logic in having a limit on number of times you can change your offline drivers name. I believe the limit is three times and then you're stuck with that name for good.

I like to change the name every now and then depending on what car I'm driving and recently reached that limit and so I can't change the name anymore. The only option would be to clear the game save data and start all over (which is just silly).

It's offline gameplay, why have a limit like that? Imagine if there would be a limit on cars you could use or tracks you could visit. Equally dumb.

I realize this is over a year later...but what I'd like is to change my online name without having to start a new account. It's all in caps and looks stupid, like I'm yelling at people.

I realize this is over a year later...but what I'd like is to change my online name without having to start a new account. It's all in caps and looks stupid, like I'm yelling at people.
I know exactly how you feel. My first profile was all caps as well and it felt like I was yelling too, then I joined a team of about 25 with a fresh start and a new PSN name that was all lower case except for the team moniker at the start. Now I'm pretty well the only active member left and I really don't want to start from scratch a third time.:indiff:

Hey Polyphony Digital, how about fixing, increasing, the drag coefficient of all cars as a last patch. So top speeds are not such a jokey arcade.

Quote from March 2014 in the OP;

VBR
Thank you very much indeed Kazunori Yamauchi San, Polyphony Digital, & Sony, for considering these points. :cheers: Whether this thread & the others stickied here become some kind of collective epic-epitaph for the GT series, or whether you choose to start really paying attention to your customers by implementing their suggestions, is entirely up to you.

The ball's in your court now.

shaking-my-head-gif-17.gif

Last edited:
Back