Feedback on corrupted replay data ◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Spec] Racing

Un:censored:believable.

A replay that worked 3 straight times since saved on Sunday night, just hard locked my PS3 after the 1.03 update.

I am about ready to take this back to the store and get my money back and wait until I see PD has this crap fixed.

Stop adding bull:censored: content and fix the functionality of what is in the game now.

Are these car manufacturers paying you more than the $120+- million you've grossed since release to include this trivial crap like car interiors and concept cars when the game is just plain broken on so many levels?

There are several people in the league I run in that are bailing on GT6 for iRacing just because of the lack of triples support. I've heard of several other leagues that have suspended their endurance events because of the pit stop and tire glitches.

I'm almost considering, if not returning my GT6 disk for a refund, putting it away and going back to GT5. If that fails to satisfy my driving fun factor it's possible I'll start throwing money at some new computer hardware for an iRacing rig myself. And I swore a couple years ago I wouldn't pay to play another game just to grind to pay to play some more.

The current standard of functionality is beyond unacceptable. I'm done asking please and thank you. I will advise anyone who asks how GT6 is going, that they don't buy it and any future titles. To wait for reviews and these so called updates that fix "minor bugs" to clear and then wait some more, for more reviews, before even considering purchasing. And don't bother renting either.

I will not be buying a PS4 at GT7 release as I'd intended, but will wait to see the results of that exercise in Sony's efforts at social engineering.

I am so far beyond angry. I'm disgusted, appalled and completely disappointed.

Un:censored:believable.

A replay that worked 3 straight times since saved on Sunday night, just hard locked my PS3 after the 1.03 update.

Yes, see, it's happened the other way for me.
That's NOT a corrupt replay file. It's a problem with the game loading the replay, clearly. Whatever replay.
They must know about this by now. :boggled:

At this point I don't care where the root cause is. I can't believe I paid to beta test this software. I shan't do so again. I will also advise anyone I find that displays a glimmer of thinking of doing so, with this release, or future releases of at least this software, not to as well.

8 replays saved to watch for review and 7 of them hard lock the PS3. Replays are a carry over feature from GT5. How hard is it to copy/paste code that worked nearly perfectly in GT5 over to GT6? Either PD doesn't give two turds about quality control or they've hired absolute idiots to program the game. We have troubleshot the issued for you and identified the source of the problem. It's the playback functionality for replays. All PD has to do is give a rat's hind parts and fix the problem.

Stop all work on new content and fix the bugged and broken items that litter the game or you're not going to have anyone left to enjoy the new content. Well, you'll still have all the 12 year olds that like shiny things.

I was hoping that the 1.03 update would help the replay issue but unfortunately that didn't happen. Tried loading up the first of six races from our league Sunday and after 2 hard locks on the first one I think I'm done with this nonsense.

Just ridiculous...

WTF? Just tried one of those replays that worked 3 straight times before 1.03. It initially loaded and began playing. I paused the replay to take a closer look at the incident under review and the replay froze and locked my PS3 down.

This confirms, to me at least, what watermelon and JLBowler have been saying, the problem is in the replay playback module.

Attempted to watch some more replays today and I opened up the XMB menu while the replay was loading. I though this would allow me to see that the system is frozen and not just taking a while to load the replay. I noticed something while doing this. I was using the d pad to scroll back and forth across the XMB menu. Doing this would show me when the system was frozen. I noticed that the system would freeze and unfreeze quickly while the replay was loading. Sometimes it would be four or five times while the replay was attempting to load and then the replay would load. Sometimes there would just be one big stoppage of everything. It's odd and quite random as to what result you're going to get when trying to watch a replay.

Over at the SNAIL steward area we're calling it the PD Replay Lottery. In Russian Roulette, every time you play there's a 1 in 6 chance, depending on how many the cylinder holds I reckon, the hammer falls on a working device. In the PD Replay lottery it can go as high as 6 in 6 but as low as never.

Over at the SNAIL steward area we're calling it the PD Replay Lottery. In Russian Roulette, every time you play there's a 1 in 6 chance, depending on how many the cylinder holds I reckon, the hammer falls on a working device. In the PD Replay lottery it can go as high as 6 in 6 but as low as never.

I called it Russian roulette because you never know when that will kill your PlayStation.

I don't know that it's killed a PS3 yet but I get where you're going with the name. I guess the Lottery comparison is placing emphasis on the positive when it does work. We feel like we've won something when it works as intended. That right there is a sad commentary on the state of things over at PD.

Still continuing to have problems with replays. This is well past annoying - trying to view a replay locks up my PS3 over half the time, reboot required, the 'repair' for not having been turned off correctly.... Did not have this in GT5, does anyone have any idea if this will be fixed?

Or will we just get another miniature patch with a shiny new car and no fixes?

Replay lottery results tonight/this morning.

ReplayLog201419JAN.png

@Dragonwhisky are those replays from your own PS3???

My results will follow this am. I think I usually get 75% on my own replays, and below 50% on others.

Well the bug has finally reached me. I was good for a few weeks but last night all 6 replays hard-crashed my PS3. I tried the first race 3 times with file restoration between each attempt. No luck.

My first attempt was corrupted, PS3 is fixing itself while I take kids to orthodontist.

More teeth-pulling fun with replays when I get home.

Well it's been 2 weeks since 1.03 was released yet nothing has been done to fix this issue. Tried to watch a few replays from last weekends race only to have to reboot my ps3 when I came near a replay. How they can miss something so elementary is beyond me. :dunce:

I was able to play 5 of 6 replays three times in a row successfully.

The other one had for system lockups with file restore.

Those are better odds than normal, but there were only a max of 6 racers on the grid (50 megs for all 6 races).

The order I played the lottery tonight.

1. Watched 3 Kart races recorded Jan 21, all 3 played first try.
  2. Watched C2R1 and it worked, entered data.
  3. Attempted to replay C1R2 and PS3 locked up
  4. Hard boot, improper shutdown message sent to Sony, corrupt file check performed.
  5. Back to GT6 and attempted load of C2R2 and it worked.
  6. Back to gallery and loaded C1R2 and it worked. Entered data for that race.
So now I have had all 6 of the Sunday replays work at least once. Starting to feel like a memory leak to me.

Funny enough, I never saw this thread and only experienced this issue for the first time about a week ago and assumed it was a 1.03 problem. But after reading through this thread, it's obviously been there all along. I tried going through my replays and some would work and others wouldn't. But after about 10 freezes, I gave up for fear of corrupting data. This is obviously a serious problem.

I saved 6 replays from online racing yesterday. There were 10-14 racers in each race.

3 replays worked, 3 locked me up. I am beginning to think this may be related to the size of the file, but it has been so hit and miss. It just seems to miss more on larger files.

I experienced this for the first time yesterday. :( It only affected replays from before the 1.03 update, & only replays of online races. All my other Free Run Replays still play fine.

How very dissappointing. They still patch in eye candy to distract us from the game breaking issues that plague this game. Seriously considering doing other things. Going to re-iterate. I will NOT be buying GT7 on release, nor will I be getting a PS4 at that time. I will also be advising anyone I know to do the same. Might just save my money for a grave marker instead. I'll have the following put on it. "Died waiting for Polyphony Digital to fix what they broke."

Seriously considering doing other things.

Last weekend i tried Assetto Corsa.

Today, after this update (a personal deadline i gave to Polyphony, to convince me to stay with them after 10 years playing their games), i purchased a gaming computer (just minutes ago).

Bye Polyphony Digital.

HELLO Kunos Simulazioni.

I really don't want to spend the money upgrading my computer gaming rig. Haven't played any games on it in a couple years. Maybe I'll just go read books. They don't ever crash, no matter how many times I read them.

I really don't want to spend the money upgrading my computer gaming rig. Haven't played any games on it in a couple years. Maybe I'll just go read books. They don't ever crash, no matter how many times I read them.

I`m planing to sell my existing computer, PS3 and 2 GT6 games (normal and 15th anniversary).
That way i have the cost of the new computer and Assetto Corsa (almost) covered.

Back