Feedback on corrupted replay data ◆ S.N.A.I.L. [Spec] Racing

My upcoming vacation and its associated expenses will preclude me getting anything new in the amusement arena for some time. Twice, in the past, I've spent a not inconsiderate amount on computer hardware, just to play a video game. The juice just isn't worth the squeeze these days.

Me too, I'm thinking follw Monspanur ideia. I saw AC very reliable for a beta. Maybe it turns in a very good game. In several years of gaming I never saw a game launch like this one. Many expectation about it and now I have to try to sell GT6 because it's a anniversary edition which PD should be shame to launch.

I am cautiously hopeful. This hotfix specifically addresses this issue and no other. Of course, as close mouthed as PD is regarding patches and what they address, that may be faulty logic.

While I haven't had a chance to test out the patch yet, I'd like to thank Polyphony Digital for taking the time to get this patched. All reports I have seen, indicate the replay issue is fixed.

Thank you.

Now, on to the tire bug and triples PD.

I don't know if today's patch for 4WD cars re-introduced it or it was never really fixed in the first place but, I just had a replay dated 15 December 2013 lock up my PS3.

Last edited:
Something like this happened to me last night during the NASCAR racing. My system locked up when I attempted to view live timing while watching a live race.

Looks like the triples support, not being there issue, is now a thing of the past. While I would like to say well done PD, I am still a bit miffed over the whole, pay to betaalpha test, this version of GT. Get that tire bug fixed, along with most of the other niggling issues this version has (live and replay timing glitch), stabilize the on-line experience (if this doesn't get corrected prior to GT7 and subscription based online play, I won't be buying again), then get those "features" that were advertised to be in a "future update" (don't bother with B-Spec yet). Then, perhaps, we'll all be hungry for some new tracks and cars.

I can, with certainty, say, after several weeks of reviewing replays, from 8 different divisions, the replay issue appears to be fixed. Thank you for that, Polyphony Digital.

Clearly PD needs to...stabilize the on-line experience (if this doesn't get corrected prior to GT7 and subscription based online play, I won't be buying again), then get those "features" that were advertised to be in a "future update" (don't bother with B-Spec yet). Then, perhaps, we'll all be hungry for some new tracks and cars.

I can, with certainty, say, after several weeks of reviewing replays, from 8 different divisions, the replay issue appears to be fixed. Thank you for that, Polyphony Digital.

I agree. I think the failure to deliver updates (vaporware? Yes/no/maybe so?) and/or fail to communicate about delayed delivery of content, and failure to actually have a stable online environment when many other PSN games do NOT struggle with stability.... PD is currently getting a big 👎 from me.

Would you recommend an unknown, future product made by this company based on the performance of the current production models?

I know my answer at the moment.

I feel for all of you. just posting my experiences. I have about 20 replays saved. no issues with any of them, although I cannot confirm if all the actual race lines are indeed what happened or not .

I'd like to applaud PD for getting the multi-monitor support added, however, it appears the code is incomplete. A player, @kcheeb, I've been able to connect to without fail, up to this patch being implemented and him being able to use his triple monitor setup, is now broken whenever he creates a room with server mode running. When he does make the room with the triples working, his lobby shows up in my list with no signal bars and I get the incompatible host error message when connecting. As soon as he kills server mode, and hence his triples, I get 3 bars of signal and can connect.

I'd like to applaud PD for getting the multi-monitor support added, however, it appears the code is incomplete. A player, @kcheeb, I've been able to connect to without fail, up to this patch being implemented and him being able to use his triple monitor setup, is now broken whenever he creates a room with server mode running. When he does make the room with the triples working, his lobby shows up in my list with no signal bars and I get the incompatible host error message when connecting. As soon as he kills server mode, and hence his triples, I get 3 bars of signal and can connect.

Yep, so frustrating. Wasted an hour on Saturday and 20 minutes Sunday getting it figured out. So now if I want to play online, 95% of my time in the game is online, I can't use my triple monitor setup 👎

I wonder if it has to do with actually having clients set up, because I've been using server mode with a single monitor. I like the precise zoom function thing for the cockpit view it allows. None of my friends have complained about not being able to enter my rooms, but it is possible that fewer randoms have been joining my rooms.

I wonder if it has to do with actually having clients set up, because I've been using server mode with a single monitor. I like the precise zoom function thing for the cockpit view it allows. None of my friends have complained about not being able to enter my rooms, but it is possible that fewer randoms have been joining my rooms.

It certainly hasn't been everyone that has been unable to connect when I had server mode going. But, when people I want to race with can't that to me is irrelevant. My experience is it's broken 👎

Last time we tested it, I didn't have my clients powered up so it wasn't them. It was having the game in server mode causing the issue. Turned it off and voila.

It certainly hasn't been everyone that has been unable to connect when I had server mode going. But, when people I want to race with can't that to me is irrelevant. My experience is it's broken 👎

Last time we tested it, I didn't have my clients powered up so it wasn't them. It was having the game in server mode causing the issue. Turned it off and voila.
A major bummer for sure. I'd say make sure you report it to PD, but they clearly don't really listen...

Does it work if you aren't hosting? Obviously it's just a workaround and doesn't address the issue, but I was just curious. I really wish I could afford the hardware for triples. It's still 3 PS3's, 3 monitors, and 3 copies of the game right?

Well, I guess that shaves off... like 5% of the total cost? Lol. I think I'm just gonna deal with my single setup until GT7 comes out on the PS4. Hopefully by then it'll have support for the very Oculus-Rift-like Morpheus (which I am also hoping will exist someday). I'm thinking that the VR thing will finally stick this time and start making triples obsolete sometime around 2016. But the waiting...guh.

I appreciate the idea behind O.R. and Morpheus, but, I will never bring myself to that isolation. I really don't want that thing on my face and head either. I want true spatial holographic tech that your real environment can intrude on. You know, like being able to see the family pets about to chew your leg off, wife agro, house fires, etc. Just a few little things like that make me not want to even consider the isolation of an ocular headset.

I usually shut the door to my "game room" when I'm racing anyways. My peripheral vision might as well be used for something. I would enjoy the ability to somehow reach for my drink without taking it off though. Detailed cupholders in the interior view...

Back