Female Avatars

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 49 comments
"Yeah, I just can't get along with these male models. I only do females." :lol:

Would be interesting to have in the game. We already had ONE lady in GT5's Berhn* Market Square photo travel location.

*Not sure if correct spelling.

"Yeah, I just can't get along with these male models. I only do females." :lol:

Would be interesting to have in the game. We already had ONE lady in GT5's Berhn* Market Square photo travel location.

*Not sure if correct spelling.

I was talking about driver avatars :) Not people on the side of the track :P

I've been playing GT games with girls/women since GT5... It's a simple thing but would make some diference and bring a little bit of "in game realism" to those girls out there.

I shared a video on facebook a while back ... I´ll upload when I found it, its good!

Edit: Here it is

Last edited:
There are plenty of girls/women playing this game. So female avatars, hell yes. Some girls choose to run pink cars and suits, not because they liked the colour that much but they want to be identified as female.

I've never really considered the female avatar issue before. It might be nice to have one, depending on how it looked. I never run pink cars, or wear pink suits, as my name should pretty much give the game away. :)

I've never really considered the female avatar issue before. It might be nice to have one, depending on how it looked. I never run pink cars, or wear pink suits, as my name should pretty much give the game away. :)
Yeah, I was refering to those that have a totally fictional psn-name. At the end of the day I guess it´s aiming at the same goal wether you have the name or another aspect that gives it away, what you want is to be recognized.

I´ve had very long chats with a family member, which is also female and plays racing games, telling me she couldn´t even think about racing others and not letting them know who she is. She said she actually needs that. And she is also very very good so I believe she enjoys the admiration by guys when they know they just got beat by a girl. It wouldn´t be the same for her if she remained incognito. You´ll probably understand that much better than I do! :)

Edit: Nice Avatar btw, I love the first gen SLK.

Last edited:
Never thought of this before until now. I've always thought of the avatar as a simple neutral dummy. But, I guess, it could also pass as a male avatar.

So yes. I very much agree to this. Furthermore, I would like the avatar customization to go back the way it was in Tourist Trophy. Where you can not only select from a variety selection of helmets and suits, but also go as far as selecting boots and gloves separately.

Yeah, I was refering to those that have a totally fictional psn-name. At the end of the day I guess it´s aiming at the same goal wether you have the name or another aspect that gives it away, what you want is to be recognized.

I´ve had very long chats with a family member, which is also female and plays racing games, telling me she couldn´t even think about racing others and not letting them know who she is. She said she actually needs that. And she is also very very good so I believe she enjoys the admiration by guys when they know they just got beat by a girl. It wouldn´t be the same for her if she remained incognito. You´ll probably understand that much better than I do! :)

Edit: Nice Avatar btw, I love the first gen SLK.

Several times when I've hosted a room online, people have come in because they're curious to see if I really am female. It usually freaks them out still further if my other half is in there, and they realise we're both playing with our own set-ups in different rooms in the house. :D

Thanks for the compliment about our car. We love it. :)

Several times when I've hosted a room online, people have come in because they're curious to see if I really am female. It usually freaks them out still further if my other half is in there, and they realise we're both playing with our own set-ups in different rooms in the house. :D

Thanks for the compliment about our car. We love it. :)

I often race with either my wife or my daughter on two set-ups, and they have both asked for more female representation in the game.

I think Gran Turismo is just trying to keep the game as authentic as possible. If they change it at all, they should probably make a female AI opponent pop up one out of every 10,000 races.

To be fair, an avatar is a bonus anyway. A rare few don't even have avatars or customisable drivers (etc Mario Kart lol)

The avatar isn't male as far as I'm concerned. It's not like PD let you customize it in detail and it was obviously male. It's easier having one model rather than 2, so they just went with a neutral model. It seems to work.

danica_helmet.jpg

Crowds are a different story, but fortunately or unfortunately, males tend to have more of an interest in racing.

Latest Posts

Back