Female Avatars

• Thread starter zzz_pt
  • 49 comments
Female avatars would be good for women in motorsport, there's a lot more women into cars and racing than you might think. Although, the GT avatar seems more like a Stig - nameless and genderless. I'm tired of playing games where you have to choose an avatar and I only have a choice of guys... *cough* WRC 4 *cough*

There are also a lot of children who like playing the game. My yougest daughter used to like play GT5 using B Spec, but sadly that is not part of GT6. She also liked choosing the outfits and helmets for the B spec drivers, also the animated parts of the game including oil changes, pit stops etc.

The avatars are not very important to me, but I understand that they are for many people and all ages and both genders play driving games and should be represented so this proposal has my vote.

I don't think they should waste their time putting boobs into the game. The avatars keep their helmets on for a reason. They're genderless. There is not a single indication in the game that they're male. In fact, how do you know they ARE male?

I thought the point of having a single-letter first name was to encourage the player to come up with the actual first name and subsequently determine the gender on their own. It isn't explicitly stated that all the drivers in the game are male.

37153DanicaPatrickGoDaddy.jpg

I don't think they should waste their time putting boobs into the game. The avatars keep their helmets on for a reason. They're genderless. There is not a single indication in the game that they're male. In fact, how do you know they ARE male?

^ this. I would also add that the indication doesn't necessarily have to be visual because in GT6's Photo Mode, the avatar's poses wouldn't really be considered female. Not sure about the avatars in GT5 I don't remember, but for GT6, these poses do look like male poses. It would be good if there could be a way to differentiate, like different poses for male and female.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a choice as you do with some games, in GT6 as it is about the vehicles the gender isn't an issue, although I did like the choice of race suits and helmets in GT5.

Who is to say they are male characters at all? They are gendeless.

Last edited:
More important things to worry about before that. You would barely be able to tell anyway. I honest wouldn't care if they added it or if they didn't

Not many driving/racing games feature female drivers/protagonists... There are a lot of female gamers/drivers/racers, show us some love! (Also would be easier to make car pinups~ c; maybe, don't have gt sport so idk how photo mode works there)

Back