Ferrari 70th Anniversary Car Pack - Now Available on PC

Nice trailer, but bewildering to see the Spyder advertised as the #24. The famous #24 was a hardtop coupe version of the 330 P4 that came in 2nd at the 1967 24 Hours of Daytona. The Daytona winner of the same year was a Spyder entered as #23, so I'd hope this number / livery will also be available in AC.

Nice trailer, but bewildering to see the Spyder advertised as the #24. The famous #24 was a hardtop coupe version of the 330 P4 that came in 2nd at the 1967 24 Hours of Daytona. The Daytona winner of the same year was a Spyder entered as #23, so I'd hope this number / livery will also be available in AC.

There are times I wish I knew a lot more about the history of motorsports. Then there are times like this where my blissful ignorance prevents me from worrying about these minute details that I would be completely unaware of if it weren't for the forums, I just get in the car and enjoy driving it without worrying about if the door has the right number on it or if there's a black strip around the rear window.

There are times I wish I knew a lot more about the history of motorsports. Then there are times like this where my blissful ignorance prevents me from worrying about these minute details that I would be completely unaware of if it weren't for the forums, I just get in the car and enjoy driving it without worrying about if the door has the right number on it or if there's a black strip around the rear window.
Indeed. Respect for the walking car encyclopedia's 👍. Then sometimes I feel myself 'dumb' but still enjoying the just racing mentality. But with the extra details from others I'm trying to pay that extra attention to it when selecting a car. Keep up the good job!

Last edited:

I can relate to that. I'm just wondering why Kunos didn't think of it while preparing a trailer focused on celebrating Ferrari and everything. I'd be surprised if the #23 livery won't be included though.

By the way, I think they fixed the black frame around the Celica's rear window. It's there on PS4.

By the way, I think they fixed the black frame around the Celica's rear window. It's there on PS4.

Yes, but I guess there's still a whole slew of other visual issues with it. None of which I would notice or would impact my enjoyment of the car, but some people did a lot of whinging about it.

Yes, but I guess there's still a whole slew of other visual issues with it. None of which I would notice or would impact my enjoyment of the car, but some people did a lot of whinging about it.

Well, something about the Celica's rear exterior immediately caught my attention despite not knowing a whole lot about that car. But yes, not a big concern when throwing it around the track in dashboard view and enjoying the detailed simulation. Also, race car exteriors are living creatures. What you see at Daytona may look different at Le Mans.

Yep, really amazes me to see people complain about minute details. Particularly on RD, one guy was moaning about sunken lights and he used the wrong car as proof.

The interiors also seem different compared to the only original P4 in the world (#24, 2nd at Daytona. #23 was a 330 P3/4, by the way).

k8Bx82g.jpg

30691563333_a638a4c0c5_b.jpg

They seems to match the #0858's interiors, a model that was restored to spyder configuration in 2013.

half-block-1.jpg

Don't know about the headlights: a few differences, but the angle is too different, so I can't compare them properly.

ANYWAY, as Brandon said, those are small details that have zero effect on gameplay.

Last edited:
The interiors also seem different compared to the only original P4 in the world (#24, 2nd at Daytona. #23 was a 330 P3/4, by the way).

k8Bx82g.jpg

30691563333_a638a4c0c5_b.jpg

They seems to match the #0858's interiors, a model that was restored to spyder configuration in 2013.

half-block-1.jpg

Don't know about the headlights: a few differences, but the angle is too different, so I can't compare them properly.

ANYWAY, as Brandon said, those are small details that have zero effect on gameplay.
There's going to be slight differences in all of the old models that were hand built and still exist today, especially if they've had damage and restored. In fact the Kunos modeler said that they researched the 250 GTO for months, only to find out it was a replica.

That was hilarious, especially since it was a Kunos dev who called him out and pointed out why he was wrong. :lol:
And he still wouldn't have it until he realised he wasn't coming out unscathed.

There's going to be slight differences in all of the old models that were hand built and still exist today, especially if they've had damage and restored. In fact the Kunos modeler said that they researched the 250 GTO for months, only to find out it was a replica.
Indeed. Some were upgraded using old chassis (P3) and turned into future racing prototypes, that got damaged or completely burnt and then scrapped (see the whole story/debate about James Glickenhaus' 330 and Piper's replicas too). It's certainly a fascinating matter for the marque experts that want to recreate the full history of every model (Like Marcel Massini recently did with the alloy '69 365 Daytona that was found in Japan after 40 years and sold for 1.8 million in barn find conditions). To be 100% sure, I would have gone for the #0856, but a trip to the States or Canada (wherever It's stored) might not have been in Kunos' plans. Logistics play a role as well, after all.

By the way, who's the 3d artist you're talking about? Thanks.

Last edited:
#23 was a 330 P3/4, by the way).

I didn't know that P3/4 detail. So much for the old repeated tale about the 330 P4 taking 1-2-3 at Daytona.

Looks like different shapes around the air intake, but maybe the angle here is deceptive.

This looks more like the AC car. Where does this originate from?

Is AC getting that replica, or did they track down an original to start over with?

Last edited:
Indeed. Some were upgraded using old chassis (P3) and turned into future racing prototypes, that got damaged or completely burnt and then scrapped (see the whole story/debate about James Glickenhaus' 330 and Piper's replicas too). It's certainly a fascinating matter for the marque experts that want to recreate the full history of every model (Like Marcel Massini recently did with the alloy '69 365 Daytona that was found in Japan after 40 years and sold for 1.8 million in barn find conditions). To be 100% sure, I would have gone for the #0856, but a trip to the States or Canada (wherever It's stored) might not have been in Kunos' plans. Logistics play a role as well, after all.

By the way, who's the 3d artist you're talking about? Thanks.
Pankykapus. I saw that Glickenhaus story before, very interesting.

Is AC getting that replica, or did they track down an original to start over with?
No not the the replica.

I didn't know that P3/4 detail. So much for the old repeated tale about the 330 P4 taking 1-2-3 at Daytona.
It's a detail indeed, since the P4 itself is an evolution of the 1966 P3. The styling is pretty much the same, the chassis is a bit shorter but most of the improvements are found in the engine and fuel injection system. The P3/4 was born out of a P3, in a time where race cars were built by hand and time/money was limited. Here's the P3/4 today (part of the Glickenhaus' collection):

285a724e356e9a9f140cffb6cfc8c702.jpg

This looks more like the AC car. Where does this originate from?

It started its life in 1967 as a berlinetta model and raced at Monza (1000km), Spa (1000km) and Le Mans 24hrs.
Then It was converted into a spyder (barchetta) for the 6 hours of Brands Hatch and into a 350 Can-Am variant a few months later:

8997253da55a2521e1ab18ae2f5fcfdc.jpg

Between 2011 and 2013, It was rebodied as a spyder and restored under the supervision of David Piper.

It's a detail indeed, since the P4 itself is an evolution of the 1966 P3. The styling is pretty much the same, the chassis is a bit shorter but most of the improvements are found in the engine and fuel injection system. The P3/4 was born out of a P3, in a time where race cars were built by hand and time/money was limited. Here's the P3/4 today (part of the Glickenhaus' collection):

285a724e356e9a9f140cffb6cfc8c702.jpg

It started its life in 1967 as a berlinetta model and raced at Monza (1000km), Spa (1000km) and Le Mans 24hrs.
Then It was converted into a spyder (barchetta) for the 6 hours of Brands Hatch and into a 350 Can-Am variant a few months later:

8997253da55a2521e1ab18ae2f5fcfdc.jpg

Between 2011 and 2013, It was rebodied as a spyder and restored under the supervision of David Piper.
Would love both of the models in the last pic.

Does Kunos have its own composer / music producer? The music they use has been following a rather consistent sound and theme for some months now. Part of me thinks it could be standard pieces from online libraries, but another part can't help noticing how the AC trailers always manage to create some high quality synergies, as if all the elements came together for no other purpose than AC trailers. :dopey:

Ok barring the modern F1 cars I've had a go in all of them on that new Goodwood, the cars drives great....250GTO is just fantastic to slide around, so is the 312/67. This pack is pretty great...

Latest Posts

Back