Ferrari 70th Anniversary Car Pack - Now Available on PC

Impressive pack!
The 312/67 is a Joy to drive on classic Monza and Silverstone (against the classic lotus is a total blast)
The 330 is Perfect for the classic LeMans landed on RD just in time
The road cars are so fine on Highlands or BCC
The modern F1 are good but the Schumi one is the real deal...

Still would loved to have another car instead of the plain ugly SF70H...

Without SF70H (and instead the 512M or 488GTE) this pack would be a full 10/10... With the SF70H is just a 8/10...

Crazy gorgeous isn't it.

36497781014_852ebae9ee_b.jpg

36938075860_9784488b33_b.jpg

36938075240_b676f4d705_b.jpg

36497778744_1b605a7573_b.jpg

36938074050_e0f96214f8_b.jpg

36497777094_d9c3279ea8_b.jpg

36497775104_2b062163c2_b.jpg

37192363481_43607a3d5c_b.jpg

37192362591_d4a19fea62_b.jpg

37192361981_19d6559075_b.jpg

36938069750_142c91aae2_b.jpg

36938069360_eb00ecc013_b.jpg

36938068860_a21305f471_b.jpg

36938068010_bf7932350b_b.jpg

36938067020_2d8855b2be_b.jpg

36938066210_94f571bab2_b.jpg

36938065310_6e44a5e509_b.jpg

36522622033_9470bb7e5a_b.jpg

36938063840_aea7d430c9_b.jpg

36522622773_1bacc5c14e_b.jpg

36522622443_1f6e100fd3_b.jpg

36522621183_55e2603f49_b.jpg

37192352211_a5f624a736_b.jpg

36522620583_231911ea64_b.jpg

36522620173_76f0f14d52_b.jpg

36522617443_1255e6f0b0_b.jpg

36522619103_cda2a283f2_b.jpg

37335718495_df32eb7e8a_b.jpg
Man, just love the 312/67. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Impressive pack!
The 312/67 is a Joy to drive on classic Monza and Silverstone (against the classic lotus is a total blast)
The 330 is Perfect for the classic LeMans landed on RD just in time
The road cars are so fine on Highlands or BCC
The modern F1 are good but the Schumi one is the real deal...

Without SF70H (and instead the 512M or 488GTE) this pack would be a full 10/10... With the SF70H is just a 8/10...
Schumi's car seams to be a massive hit. If I could take any car out of this and replace them it would be the SF70H and the 812. I would replace them with the 641 or 333SP and the 355. I thought who ever chose the 812 kinda made a boring boring choice, it doesn't seam that popular with people who have tried it. Maybe circuits aren't the best place for it? Also not seen anyone switch the TC off while moaning about the car.

I thought who ever chose the 812 kinda made a boring boring choice, it doesn't seam that popular with people who have tried it.

Probably Ferrari pushing it forward in negotiations. It really does appear to be super fast, but I'm still thinking so what. I understand that it may work just fine on a circuit, but I would have preferred something a little less "ordinary".

Probably Ferrari pushing it forward in negotiations. It really does appear to be super fast, but I'm still thinking so what. I understand that it may work just fine on a circuit, but I would have preferred something a little less "ordinary".
I had considered that but Marco said the 6 were voted on by the staff. I also thought that if Ferrari pushed a car on them it would be the FF of the now current GT4Lusso, kinda in the same way Porsche and Maserati pushed their less traditional models on to Kunos. I just think there are so many more models that would have made players say WOW when driving them.

Quite likely. You can see in this interview Stefano says that manufactures will often say if they want a classic car they need to include a new car too.

I'm guessing in this case Ferrari only pushed the whole list to choose from given what I posted above. Really wish Kunos had given Vettels car its correct name in the poll. I bet most who voted wouldn't have know what it was.
Fingers crossed us Console folk might get this sometime next month.
Very unlikely, unfortunately.

I had considered that but Marco said the 6 were voted on by the staff. I also thought that if Ferrari pushed a car on them it would be the FF of the now current GT4Lusso, kinda in the same way Porsche and Maserati pushed their less traditional models on to Kunos. I just think there are so many more models that would have made players say WOW when driving them.

Yes, but I think it's safe to assume that staff votes refer to the six cars they eventually cleared in cooperation with Ferrari. PR is always vague like that. Anyway, I can see why Ferrari would want to promote the 812 as it's their latest model.

Or they said "Here's the list of classic cars you can have, but you have to include one of these three new cars as well" and the Kunos staff voted for the SuperFast. Who knows.
That's possible.

Too many F1... im getting sick of it.
Wrong!, too many F1's from this decade. I welcome any before the 2000s.
Yes, but I think it's safe to assume that staff votes refer to the six cars they eventually cleared in cooperation with Ferrari. PR is always vague like that. Anyway, I can see why Ferrari would want to promote the 812 as it's their latest model.
That's likely too, though I would think the Portofino would be a model that makes more sense to push as the 812 will be in high demand anyway.

That's likely too, though I would think the Portofino would be a model that makes more sense to push as the 812 will be in high demand anyway.

This DLC was always aimed for fall 2017, so I'd say a 2018 model wouldn't make sense within the 70 years of Ferrari celebration. Besides, I think Ferrari prioritizes the value in bringing the powerful 812 to a racing game, whereas the GTC4 arguably belongs elsewhere. Also, the entire 2017 Porsche lineup was different with the official partnership and high number of cars included. Something like the Panamera or Macan was inevitable.

So I eventually got up to speed and even surprised myself on the F138 Monza TT special event. In general, I've seem to be able to drive the V8 and even modded F2002 V10 fairly easy. NA cars are just more forgiving I guess.

I have had a lot more issues with the 2015 V6T car, and I guess that accurately reflects what the FIA intended to happen with driving them. So far I'm sitll 5s off from Bronze on the Silverstone TT event.

The new F70H also has a TT event at Silvertone, and they cut the bloody times even lower! I think I'm closer to 10s off the pace! Silverstone isn't even my worse track. I know I've expressed this before, but in GT6 I could actually do really well in Silverstone TT events, with the FGT car. I think I broke in to the top 1,000 at some point. But from the very beginning, AC has been a different animal and amazingly more difficult.

I really can't imagine going that much faster, at least for the time being, if I'm still even having trouble in the older 2015 car! Now, initially after still giving it a go, the newer '17 car felt a little easier to drive, but still felt too fast to drive competitively for me. I am still on a controller, even after all these years, so that is a big part of it. One day I'll get a wheel, but not until I'm working again (after this semester most likely).

Also the 312/67 on the Nordschleife feels terribly slippery. I know that old Alfa Romeo with the super skinny tires we got a while back was laughably ungrippy, but this vintage F1 car feels more like handling the AE86 than anything with downforce and slick tires. Once again, the controller puts me at a disadvantage here, as I either need a lot more tweaking of the settings, or get a wheel so I can smooth my inputs and keep my reactions quick to save the slides.

Indeed! And for a good time turn off TC. :)

Also:
ooEc3RY.jpg

There are 11 F1s in the game.
Just because they're old doesn't mean they don't count.
Anyway, I'm old so my opinion doesn't count.

I wished they had the Ferrari F10 from Ferrari Virtual Academy to complete it.

I loved that back in the day. Until it died and you could no longer log in to play.

Silverstone isn't even my worse track. I know I've expressed this before, but in GT6 I could actually do really well in Silverstone TT events, with the FGT car. I think I broke in to the top 1,000 at some point. But from the very beginning, AC has been a different animal and amazingly more difficult.
I feel dat. From turn 10 to 14, Maggots to Chapel, it's a totally different ballgame in AC vs. GT6. In GT I'd manhandle those turns, almost a straight line through and all over the curbs. AC slings me off into oblivion if I try anything like that. It probably doesn't help that I never try the same line twice.

I wished they had the Ferrari F10 from Ferrari Virtual Academy to complete it.

I loved that back in the day. Until it died and you could no longer log in to play.

That is hands down the fastest car I've ever seen.

How they achieve such speeds, all while in neutral, is a testament to Italian engineering!

:lol:

R3V
Old ones don't count.
I find it impossible to put in fast laps in the modern F1 cars, or anywhere close to a fast lap. I recon I'm at least 15-20 seconds off from a half decent lap time. I have no such problems with the older F1s, hence why its sad to me that the SF70H won out over the 641.

I find it impossible to put in fast laps in the modern F1 cars, or anywhere close to a fast lap. I recon I'm at least 15-20 seconds off from a half decent lap time. I have no such problems with the older F1s, hence why its sad to me that the SF70H won out over the 641.

What's making you slow in the modern F1 cars? I'm finding the old ones more difficult due to their less efficient aero and tires, not to mention the occasional turbo lag. Have you considered getting comfortable with the Tatuus FA01 and Lotus Exos before stepping up to something like the Ferrari F138?

It must be because I absolutely love aerodynamics, but I can't believe some people really think the SF70H is that ugly. To me it's an incredible machine and a thing of beauty. It's certainly better looking than the F138 or SF15T, though both of those are beautiful cars in their own ways. Each to their own I guess :)

It must be because I absolutely love aerodynamics, but I can't believe some people really think the SF70H is that ugly. To me it's an incredible machine and a thing of beauty. It's certainly better looking than the F138 or SF15T, though both of those are beautiful cars in their own ways. Each to their own I guess :)
I grew with the Formula1 of late 80s and 90s and those were beautiful cars!
The F1 of the early 2000s are still acceptable but less appealing
But in the last decade F1 cars befane more and more uglier everyday IMHO

This was a beautiful F1 car
08.jpg

Not this thing
prev01sw.jpg4C5221AA-8AA2-460C-9248-C26FFE42A5EBOriginal.jpg

my 2 cents

I grew with the Formula1 of late 80s and 90s and those were beautiful cars!
The F1 of the early 2000s are still acceptable but less appealing
But in the last decade F1 cars befane more and more uglier everyday IMHO

This was a beautiful F1 car
08.jpg

Not this thing
prev01sw.jpg4C5221AA-8AA2-460C-9248-C26FFE42A5EBOriginal.jpg

my 2 cents

Both are beautiful to me (well, not technically the bottom one, since there are so many things wrong with that render that my CFD eyes are bleeding [wtf is with the front wing for example]). I have been a petrol head my whole life, and a Formula 1 fanatic for most of it. I currently own every single F1 season review ever made, up until 2014, and have been so obsessed with the history of Grand Prix racing that my knowledge of early Grand Prix racing and early F1 is extensive. I'm not a very nostalgic person, so I don't tend to look at things with rose tinted glasses on, so for me every era of F1 is amazing for different reasons. Modern F1 is incredible for it's insane level of aerodynamic engineering, among other things. But it's the aero which, IMO, makes these cars so amazing to look at. I could get lost in the details of the current front wings from the top teams, or the differences in aero philosophy between teams, trying to work out what part each and every surface has to play in shaping the airflow and using, or adding to, it's energy.

It's essentially the same way I think when I see people carrying on about the current engines, just because they don't scream at 18k+. I consider the current PUs incredible from an engineering POV, and absolutely love to read about what ever details I can uncover. I also thoroughly enjoy the sound they make, which is unique. That's not to say I didn't love the NA screamers, I absolutely did, but F1 is an ever changing beast, and would get so boring if they stuck to one formula simply to appease fans who want things to forever stay "traditional".

But as I said: each to their own.

What's making you slow in the modern F1 cars? I'm finding the old ones more difficult due to their less efficient aero and tires, not to mention the occasional turbo lag. Have you considered getting comfortable with the Tatuus FA01 and Lotus Exos before stepping up to something like the Ferrari F138?
The Tatuus is no problem for me, I like it. The Lotus Exos isn't a problem either. I was having issues with the F1s on Imola, they're just so fast and steering with a controller is a bit too quick. I had another go last night with both Ferraris and was putting in better laps, I might try dialling in the controller for smoother inputs. Still dream about that 641 though.

The F1 cars of the last few years are fugly, but this SF70H does look great. Had it come out 5 or 6 years ago though, I'd probably think it was fugly too.

I'm the opposite, I hate excessive aerodynamics and believe it's had a damaging effect on racing. Cars can't follow each other due to dirty air, drivers don't have to lift or brake for a lot of turns which means there's far fewer chances for mistakes and overtaking, more debris on the track after a crash, drives costs up to the point it's crippling teams and series. Just look at how happy the IndyCar drivers are with the new body kit for next year which removes 2,000 lbs of downforce and also moves a lot of the aero to underneath the car. The last two years of IndyCar racing with the aero kits has been pretty dreadful and boring, lots and lots of parades because they just can't overtake. I mean, when you don't have to lift around an oval and everyone is driving the same basic car, how are they supposed to overtake or produce exciting racing? Next year's IndyCar season should be great and exciting, other series should take note and remove downforce so the drivers are back in control and skill plays a more important part.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/...and-thats-good-says-servia-at-sebring-958058/

Just my opinion of course, we all like different things. :) F1 will continue to be a parade for the next three years, if you want on-track excitement tune into some IndyCar races next season and watch the drivers muscles those cars around. 👍

Back