Ferrari Challenge Trofeo by Pirelli | Season Complete - Thanks!

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 233 comments
Ok, ran a 30 minute custom race offline with x3 fuel and tire wear. Tires were still pretty good at the end but even though I spun once and lapped the entire field, I was flashing 1.3 laps left as I took the checkered. So I think we will go with x4 tires, x2 fuel. I want to use most of the fuel but not have anyone worry about running out. Not the point of this series.

Here's the schedule we'll try to stick to for this event, starting at 1:00pm PDT / 4:00pm EDT / 20:00 GMT:
  • Roughly 10 minutes wait for everyone to join
  • Qualifying - 10 min
  • Break - 5 min
  • Race 1 - 30 min
  • Break - 10 min
  • Race 2 - 30 min
Should be all finished in about 1 hour and 45 minutes give or take. 👍

Ok, ran a 30 minute custom race offline with x3 fuel and tire wear. Tires were still pretty good at the end but even though I spun once and lapped the entire field, I was flashing 1.3 laps left as I took the checkered. So I think we will go with x4 tires, x2 fuel. I want to use most of the fuel but not have anyone worry about running out. Not the point of this series.
But you want tires to feel like crap by the end or are they still useful?

Thanks everyone for coming. Pretty good racing up front, me making mistakes as usual and then coming alive when the tires wear out as usual. Not sure what it is about worn tires and me being quicker on them. Either way, saw a couple drop out and want to get your feedback after this first event on things you would like to see change. The last thing I want is people getting frustrated and quitting mid race if it's something I can fix.

Aside from my gridding mistake at the beginning that WILL be smoother next time, I think things went pretty well. 👍

Will post results shortly.

Nah, Just a mixture of the wife and kid bugging me to get the BBQ pit started (lol) and the fact that I could use some more practice in this Ferrari. You guys may be too advanced for me to be competitive in the races but I'll give it another go next Sunday. Hopefully with less distractions.

Here are the results for both races and the current standings. You can also find these in the OP at any given time. This way takes forever but totally worth it. :P

48075956016_01431ba6d5_o.png

48075954681_1da523a9d0_o.png

48076897427_252c3706a1_o.png

Last edited:
So, some changes I am toying with that I need feedback on:
  1. Switch to Racing Medium tires to counter some of the understeer
  2. With the above comes a switch to x3 for tire wear.
  3. Shorten the races to 20 minutes each (tire wear might stay x4 if we do this, fuel will increase to x3)
  4. Reverse Grid for Race 2
Comments?

• Switch to Racing Medium tires to counter some of the understeer
  • With the above comes a switch to x3 for tire wear.
  • Shorten the races to 20 minutes each (tire wear might stay x4 if we do this, fuel will increase to x3)
  • Reverse Grid for Race 2
Agree to all of the above, but I say keep the tire wear change despite the shorter races. Tire wear difference between compounds is actually quite significant especially on higher wear rates.

x3 wear on RMs would still require a fair bit of care to keep yourself primed to the end imo, whereas x4 on RMs would probably leave us with a lot of understeer late race.

Last edited:
I agree with doing reverse grid for race 2. I've got no preference for the rest. As long as there is a level playing field, I'm fine with it.

Another thing, these races were exceptionally clean and respectful. That's great to see and experience. @Antares26 and @bloodyboyblue are pretty fast drivers and I can learn from you both. I say that with no disrespect to anyone else. See you all next week.

Agree to all of the above, but I say keep the tire wear change despite the shorter races. Tire wear difference between compounds is actually quite significant especially on higher wear rates.

x3 wear on RMs would still require a fair bit of care to keep yourself primed to the end imo, whereas x4 on RMs would probably leave us with a lot of understeer late race.
So RM x2, Fuel x3 sounds like it would be the way to go.

Internet just had a derp moment and turned itself off for a some minutes during race 2, hence why I disconnected.

I went for an afternoon nap when that happened. :lol:

Not sure I'll be able to make this Sunday. Going on a trip today and only coming back on Sunday, don't know which time though.

Back