Ferrari Reveals More Details on the Roma Coupe

I like its design, it kinda reminds me of some Ferrari models from the late 90s/early 2000s. Mainly the 456Gt and 550 Maranello.

Chris Harris on the BBC's Top Gear has a similar feeling of this Ferrari looking a 'bit' like an Aston Martin. ;) :lol:

The Roma isn't an unattractive car, to be sure, but then Aston Martins rarely are.

Kidding aside, it's sort of an odd mish-mash of the 612 and the 550/575 that inexplicably works. I think it's being compared to offerings from the British marque for all the best reasons, and it's a welcome departure from the scoops-and-scoops-and-vents-and-scoops styling language.

I'll add that the front end--specifically, but not limited to, the headlights--hasn't won me over yet and perhaps it never will. The rear is kind of fantastic, however.

Last edited:
Ferrari Roma Configurator is now live!

Got to admit, I wasn't entirely a fan of the Roma at first, but seeing it red changed my mind completely. :drool: This is my dream spec:
Roma Ext 1.jpg

Roma Ext 2.jpg

Roma Int 1.jpg

Roma Int 2.jpg

Generic looking but still a beautiful car. The interior seems to be a nice place to be in.

Last edited:
A good while to think about it and... yeah this is the most elegant and beautiful ferrari in a very long time in my opinion, the way Ferrari's should be. There are some great looking modern Ferrari's out there, but they are all aggressively attractive, rather than elegant. I have high praise for this car, I love it!

Ferrari Roma Spider

ferrari-roma-spider.jpg

ferrari-roma-spider.jpg

ferrari-roma-spider.jpg

ferrari-roma-spider.jpg

ferrari-roma-spider.jpg

ferrari-roma-spider.jpg

The Ferrari Roma Spider is the latest convertible model to join the Prancing Horse's stable. It combines the subtly retro styling from the hardtop with a folding fabric roof that closes in 13.5 seconds at up to 37.28 miles per hour (60 kilometers per hour).

The retractable soft top forces there to be a slightly different design for the Roma Spider. The designers tweaked the shape of the rear window. The rear deck has a body-color fascia that breaks the area into two sections to make room for storing the roof. The lower portion integrates into an active carbon-fiber spoiler.

Like the coupe, the Roma Spider packs a twin-turbo 3.9-liter V8 that makes 612 horsepower (456 kilowatts) between 5,750 and 7,500 rpm. The max torque is 561 pound-feet (760 Newton-meters), which is available from 3,000 to 5,750 rpm. The powerplant's redline is at 7,500 rpm. The only gearbox option is a dual-clutch, eight-speed automatic.

Ferrari estimates the Roma Spider reaches 62 mph in 3.4 seconds and 124 mph in 9.7 seconds. For comparison, the hardtop model also hits 62 in 3.4 seconds but reaches 124 mph in 9.3 seconds. Ferrari quotes the top speed of them both at over 199 mph (320 kph).

The Roma Spider weighs 185.2 pounds (84 kilograms) more than the hardtop model. The increase primarily comes from the roof-opening system. The power wind deflector also adds weight.

The Roma Spider should be capable of keeping occupants comfortable on long trips. The front occupants get electrically adjustable 18-way seats that are heated, and a neck warmer is an option. The rest of the interior is like the hardtop where the tall center console creates separate cockpits for the front passengers. The layout includes a digital instrument cluster for the driver. There's an 8.4-inch central display, and buyers can specify an optional screen on the passenger side.

Pricing and availability info for the Roma Spider in the United States is not yet available.

Very nice & smooth. I could imagine a Genesis badge on that.
You've got one hell of an imagination then. Genesis has a pretty intense art deco theme going on, not much similarity to what Ferrari is doing in my opinion.

Seen a few of these in person, underwhelming to look at visually, they look better in the photos, which is usually the contrary to a lot of fine motorcars.

It's been rumored for a while now that the Roma Spider will replace the Portofino. Some places had stopped taking orders for the Portofino M last year
There doesn't appear to be any reason for the Portofino to exist now, other than people wanting a retractable hard top. Not seen a Roma in the flesh yet but it has to be better looking than the Portofino/California ever was. Which wouldn't be hard.

It's been rumored for a while now that the Roma Spider will replace the Portofino. Some places had stopped taking orders for the Portofino M last year
Yep. Back in March of last year, the Roma Spider was finished according to a well trusted historian, but Portofino orders were high, so the factory delayed the unveiling until now. Another individual had been told orders for the Portofino were also finishing soon at the time.

There was a little bit of speculation the Portofino M was commissioned to give the Roma Spider a little more time in addition.

Last edited:
Confirmation from Ferrari of the death of the Portofino

Ferrari will end production of its entry-level Portofino M hardtop convertible, a spokesperson confirmed to Road & Track on Thursday.

The Roma Spider, introduced Thursday, will replace the Portofino M in Ferrari's lineup as the company's entry-level drop top.

Back