Ferrari Reveals More Details on the Roma Coupe

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by DeathSmiles, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Danoff

Danoff Premium

Yea the profile is very similar to the SP (which also has hip bones and looks fantastic). But that little crease in the middle of the hood would have improved the SP. It makes it just a little more pinup (see my girl pic above to see what the crease represents).

Thank you that's the color. I was shooting for a lack of the hood bulge for the reason above.

2. ZGBox

ZGBox

A classy Ferrari? Finally!

SiriusR and pg33 like this.
  3. SVPSkins

SVPSkins

Looks stunning. I'm Drooling over that interior.

4. JKgo

JKgo

....Although nice looking, I can't help but get the "generic Japanese concept car from a X Motorshow" vibe from it.

If I'm honest, I'm more interested in seeing what the potential Ferrari SUV or a crossover might look like rather than this.

GTboyz and marcvic like this.
  5. pg33

pg33 (Banned)

Looks very good.
    Will it be GT3 eligible ?

6. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

That is a very good looking machine. It is a great surprise to see a Ferrari devoid of slashes, intakes and details aimed at improving performance but to the detriment of styling.

SiriusR likes this.
  7. Sick Cylinder

Sick Cylinder

2+2 = 2 adults + 2 children - I wouldn't expect any 2+2 to be able to accommodate a full grown adult in the back.

TexRex and homeforsummer like this.
  8. TS050

TS050 Premium

I’m pretty sure Ferrari will use the F8 Tributo for their next GT3/GTE car

pg33 likes this.
  9. ZedNinetySix

ZedNinetySix

10/10 for unoriginality:tup:

JKgo and marcvic like this.
  10. Beeblebrox237

Beeblebrox237 Premium

It's.... pretty. Really pretty, and perhaps less fussy than any Ferrari since the '90s. I'm so used to Ferraris being overstyled, with so many details that are pretty on their own but together make a borderline ugly car, and yet this is almost the polar opposite. I like it, but I'd argue it's far too pretty and elegant to fit into Ferrari's modern lineup.

GTboyz and SiriusR like this.
  11. redhed17

redhed17

I think in red it looks more Ferrari than Aston Martin, but it does still have a 'feeling' of AM to me.
    upload_2019-11-15_1-49-19.jpeg

bremics and GTboyz like this.
  12. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Oh sure, I was really only going for the best example of the color. I think the early car you posted--with its spine in the hood that the Ferrari appears to share--despite the color, best conveys what I think you're getting at.

Having said that, I don't see strong similarities. I mean...really. Sure, swoopy fenders and muscular haunches; maybe the lower valance.

But then I really, really, really love C3s.

I don't mind the Ferrari, but its styling doesn't thrill me either. Sure, it's not scoops and scoops and vents and scoops like much of the range, but if that's the bar they're trying to clear...

...I'm not sure where I'm going with that. Something about low standards.

To my mind, no production front-engined Ferrari's styling has surpassed that of the 456. A case can perhaps be made for the Scaglietti, but it'd have to be quite the case.

ZGBox likes this.
  13. ZedNinetySix

ZedNinetySix

Why is your whole post in bold and orange?

14. Rustyhole

Rustyhole

I always thought the 456/612 were pretty tame and generic. But the current 488/F8/812 are definitely the opposite.

15. TexRex

TexRex Premium

Is it? Weird.

16. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

I think you're seeing things.

All this talk about Ferrari 456s has reminded me there's one for sale, with 40k miles and a 6 speed, a mile from my house, for $44k. A beautiful, handbuilt, V12 Ferrari with a gated 6 speed manual for the price of a fully loaded Honda Passport. :boggled: If I wasn't saving for a damn house...

VXR, curtis 1-8-7, Heldenzeit and 4 others like this.
  17. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

The answer is obvious: Live out of the Ferrari.

TexRex, Eunos_Cosmo and Disco_Volante like this.
  18. SiriusR

SiriusR

After seeing where Ferrari's current design direction is headed right now, I'm genuinely happy to see a Ferrari car I can call "elegant".
    First front-engined Ferrari I love design-wise since 456.

Disco_Volante and ZGBox like this.
  19. ZGBox

ZGBox

The 456 is my absolute favourite modern Ferrari, especially with the low used price they have right now; but I must imagine they will be not cheap to maintain :boggled:

20. TexRex

TexRex Premium

LS swap it.

[​IMG]

Dragonwhisky and ZGBox like this.
  21. Darla Starch

Darla Starch Premium

ZZ572 or bust.

ZGBox likes this.
  22. ZGBox

ZGBox

But then it will be a fancy, italian-styled Corvette, isn't it?
    Not complaning though :p

23. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

That actually solves my biggest problem with the LS engine...it's ugly intake manifold. This wouldn't look too bad in a Ferrari. It's no V12, but throw on a set of exotic exhaust manifolds and it could sound damn near as good. (Somebody needs to LS swap a Quattroporte with this intake)

24. TexRex

TexRex Premium

I think if I was in the market for a 456 (not a big if, to be honest; I do love the things and they're very "liveable" cars), I'd keep it original, I'd pay close attention to service history and I'd expect to treat it as an old car that might not be on the road for stretches of time because a major part (or several) is off of it. I'd avoid GTAs, not because I'd prefer a manual (I'd not, actually; this kind of car doesn't need a manual as far as I'm concerned) but because of GTA...issues. I'd do as much as I can myself because, save for a few issues that don't pop up again when addressed properly, things typically don't go horribly wrong with these cars but regular and less frequent but major maintenance can cost a pretty penny at shops or an arm and a leg at a dealership. It wouldn't be a daily driver.

The 456's biggest flaw, to my mind, is its defining feature...it's a 2+2. If I had my druthers, it'd look exactly as it does from the outside (I think it's just perfect) but the front seats would be set back slightly and the rears removed entirely, with storage behind them accessible by way of the trunklid and glass joined to make a hatch. The danged thing already looks like a hatchback.

I don't think the intake's going to fool anybody. It's definitely not a 456 intake but it is sort of Ferrari-esque even without the red bits.

The beauty of such a swap is just how easily you know it's going to fit. The LS is certainly shorter in length, narrower and lower profile than the V12, and I'd bet good money it's lighter (all of which would improve driving dynamics).

Sound is another matter. You can surely make the LS sound good, but the 456 makes some pretty fantastic noises and is never shouty, even when you try to force it.

ZGBox likes this.
  25. Schmiggz

Schmiggz

It looks like a Martin...

26. Rustyhole

Rustyhole

A fancy, italian-styled Corvette with the engine in the front

27. JoshMead

JoshMead

Really nice car, and probably the only Ferrari that's grabbed my attention since the Laferrari, even if for different reasons.

A lot of valid comparisons to Aston Martin and Corvette here, though to me it certainly looks like a rebirth in design of one of Ferrari's own models.
    ferrari-365-gtb-4-daytona-c781818062016075248_1.jpg Ferrari-Roma-2020-1280-05.jpg
    ferrari-365-gtb4-daytona-car-supercar-gray-classic-1920x1080.jpg Ferrari-Roma-2020-1280-03.jpg

28. MIE1992

MIE1992

What next? The Mazda Edo? The Ford Washington? The Volkswagen Berlin? The Seat Madrid? The Citroën Paris? The Koenigsegg Stockholm?

29. Eunos_Cosmo

Eunos_Cosmo

Kia did it. Kind of.

Cytoria likes this.
  30. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

bremics likes this.