• Thread starter Keef
  • 117 comments

Keef

Premium
United States
Dayton, OH
GTP_KeefRacer
GTP Keef
Search didn't uncover any threads dedicated to Ferrari's imminent SUV which is surprising but hey, now we have one to share our disgust! This is the only post I know of on the subject but that thread is on a completely different topic.

The Levante-based mule has been spotted again, this time with Roma-like headlights. Motor Authority.

I think it's an odd choice for them to be testing something so low to the ground. Obviously a true sporty SUV seems like the Ferrari thing to do, but all their rivals have demonstrated true off-road capability. The Cayenne Turbo has had real chops for years, and the Urus and DBX both seem to handle their business. These vehicles rarely ever get used that way but that's not the point - they can and that's what matters. They can trudge through a foot of snow if need be, something that AWD sedans struggle with because they simply don't have the clearance.

Ferrari doesn't seem to care about clearance or capability. They want you to buy a tall hatchback, get stuck in the snow, and deal with it. It's part of the experience. Besides, you probably already own a Range Rover.

Let's talk about the Ferrari L'Errore.

Last edited:
:lol: Glad you did and I didn't.

Anyway, this is fine. I can't afford one. Did finally see the Lambo SUV in my neighbourhood. If people like those and want to have a 200mph SUV, that can only be driven at 60km/h around town, let them have at it.

Looks a lot like a last-gen Mazda3 hatch from those spy shots. Maybe it'll have some black "hey, I'm a utility vehicle!" cladding around the wheel arches, but the proportions of that body are among the furthest I've seen from SUV.

Ferrari IPO made this inevitable.

Last edited:
Well I'm glad it at least looks more like a lifted FF than any other standard SUV/Crossover. So there's at least a bit of unique design going on here.

I have a bad feeling it's literally going to be a lowered SUV.

Jon-Sibal-2020-Mazda-CX-30-Passenger-Side-View.jpg

This is our new reality.

Looks a lot like a last-gen Mazda3 hatch from those spy shots. Maybe it'll have some black "hey, I'm a utility vehicle!" cladding around the wheel arches, but the proportions of that body are among the furthest I've seen from SUV.

Well I'm glad it at least looks more like a lifted FF than any other standard SUV/Crossover. So there's at least a bit of unique design going on here.

Like Keef's post states, it literally is a Maserati Levante with different headlights. The only real difference is that it looks to be sat 4-5 inches lower on it's axles.

Many would think Hell froze over at the thought of a Ferrari sport utility vehicle. Ferrari- of all automakers! I know I heard a lot about something like the Ferrari Purosangue in the past. Whether you love or loathe SUVs, they sell. They have intrigue.

Anyhow, I'm actually a good bit intrigued about whatever this new Ferrari SUV will be like in style and performance. Are we going to see the Ferrari SUV rule tough off-road locations in America? Or will be mainly see the Ferrari SUV challenge the likes of the Porsche Cayenne and the Lamborghini Urus? There are a lot of questions and curiosities to wonder about this upcoming edition to Ferrari. To me, I'm thinking this new Ferrari SUV will be an even more utilitarian and (possibly/hopefully) better looking than the Ferrari FF.

I will be sure to follow this news closely.

Call me a fanboy or whatever... but I think it looks stunning from the spyshots lol.. the shape looks really sexy. :drool::drool: and of course i dont mind the height, itsaferrari!

Now, one thing I forgot to mention in my last post was that I've seen a Maserati Levante before- both in Assetto Corsa and in person. So if we're going on the Levante, I kind of know what to expect. Even many of us never thought Maserati would enter the SUV game. Am I excited about this Ferrari SUV (pending it isn't named the Purosangue)? Not really. Intrigued? Sure.

Are we going to see the Ferrari SUV rule tough off-road locations in America? Or will be mainly see the Ferrari SUV challenge the likes of the Porsche Cayenne and the Lamborghini Urus?
Neither, based on that test mule. The Cayenne Turbo and Urus both have actual off-road capability and ground clearance. That mule is so low to the ground it might not be able to handle six inches of snow.

You do know the Levante is a pretty rubbish Maserati that is not that good looking and pretty unreliable with soaring maintenance costs, so why would Ferrari base their model on that platform??? Surely they gunning for the Aston Martin DBX and Lambo URUS crown? :D

Also the name of it, is the goofiest thing I ever heard. Sounds like a mattress :lol:

Last edited:
Just looked up the name. In English, it translates to thoroughbred. To me, it reads like the scientific name for the human tongue. :sly:

I'm really looking forward to it, as a Ferrari investor. Granted, I don't even have half a dozen shares, but still!

Last edited:
That whole area around the front wheels is awkward. It's got bulges and black trim to show off the economy wheels. The whole section makes the wheels seem even smaller than they are and the wheel gap bigger.

I'm more concerned by the fact that it's got two sets of fenders, three sets of eyeballs, and wheels that would fit on a Hyundai Elantra.

534770.jpg
Now I’ve seen a scaled down pic on my phone, is that a Mazda or a Jaguar that it’s in the process of regurgitating?

I really don't understand what's going on with the front end. This is a far greater mess than the first gen Cayenne and Cullinan combined.

Back