Ferrari SUV

• Thread starter Keef
  • 117 comments
That whole area around the front wheels is awkward. It's got bulges and black trim to show off the economy wheels. The whole section makes the wheels seem even smaller than they are and the wheel gap bigger.

I can see why they did it like that, it visually takes out some of the typical SUV slab-sided heft that you usually get with a taller car.

Screen shot 2022-02-22 at 09.17.57.png

I actually love that Roma inspired rear end. The front, i'll have to see more. And put those big wheels on there that were on during testing!! What the flip are those!??!?

I'm actually still excited to see how it'll be received upon its formal reveal - and how well it'll sell.

It will look okay with some bigger wheels. They would be foolish not to try to make money with a SUV. The rear looks good, but they could've done better on the front and side.

That whole area around the front wheels is awkward. It's got bulges and black trim to show off the economy wheels. The whole section makes the wheels seem even smaller than they are and the wheel gap bigger.
And they didn't give it a satin finish to hide it either, they painted it gloss (possibly CF) which gives it highlights which draws your eye to it. The whole point of designers leaving these black wheel arches satin black is to prevent it from standing out, and to let the shiny paint catch your eye instead. What they've done here completely defeats that purpose.

The shape looks pretty good in the camo but I have a feeling it's hiding the fat and bulbous front fenders that make this thing look like a 1980s glam roller skate. The whole Wendy's Doublestack front fascia that was spied in the factory does not help reduce the thiccness of that front end.

Doesn't look like enough room, behind the driver, for a toy poodle to lay on the floor under full acceleration.

Small displacement V12 hybrid? It could be fairly efficient with like a 4.0 liter V12, cylinder deactivation, and a decent hybrid battery.

I bet it will be a regular full-fat V12 at launch with a smaller V8, or more likely the 296's hybrid V6, a year or so down the line.

I bet it will be a regular full-fat V12 at launch with a smaller V8, or more likely the 296's hybrid V6, a year or so down the line.
So much for that F1 technology trickle-down lol. In my opinion slapping a V12 in an SUV is a waste of a good V12 - it's a lame care so give it a lame drivetrain. Save the V12 for the exciting analog sports cars that everybody is going on yearn for in the future. Ferrari needs to keep it real - nobody wants this turbocharged hybrid nonsense, they want a stonking V12. In a sports cars, not a stationwagon.

So much for that F1 technology trickle-down lol. In my opinion slapping a V12 in an SUV is a waste of a good V12 - it's a lame care so give it a lame drivetrain. Save the V12 for the exciting analog sports cars that everybody is going on yearn for in the future. Ferrari needs to keep it real - nobody wants this turbocharged hybrid nonsense, they want a stonking V12. In a sports cars, not a stationwagon.
If the V8 engined Bentleys are anything to go by, they tend to be the sweet spot in the range over the W12s anyway. Almost as much power, less mass at the front.

Looking at the figures, the 296's V6 hybrid actually has the same output as the 812 Competizione's V12 (which i assume will be what they use in this).

The V12 is what Ferrari fans want to see in the car, the V6 hybrid is what actual buyers will go for.

Do you have to own older Ferraris to buy this one too? I think I’d rather have a Cayenne.
I wouldn't have thought so. Its a new segment for them so they'll be wanting to spread that net far and wide, try and attract new customers to the brand.

Whilst I cannot accept Ferrari making an SUV (much same way as Lamborghini) it is inevitable in the current car market one would appear.

The name whilst I understand it will cause lots of meme's about this car I suspect since it's transalation to english comes up with thoroughbread aka 'horse' so I already have an idea in mind for car liveries if it ever appears in Gran Turismo.

Back