Ferrari SUV

• Thread starter Keef
  • 117 comments
So no room for a couple of muddy labradors in the back then.

Press shots are always missleading, but it does appear to at least have some 'presence' - something the Urus, Bentayga and the Levante totally lack. Although that does seem to be at the expense of any sort of practicality, other than the ability to slot a couple of small people behind the front row of seats.
It's a tall FF with rear doors, basically. Whereas the FF felt like it was overachieving in terms of practicality, this feels the opposite.

So no room for a couple of muddy labradors in the back then.

Press shots are always missleading, but it does appear to at least have some 'presence' - something the Urus, Bentayga and the Levante totally lack. Although that does seem to be at the expense of any sort of practicality, other than the ability to slot a couple of small people behind the front row of seats.
Thats good, I would never put dogs in back where they could get crushed at a round about by someone who isn't paying attention. Happened to a car i was in and my mate asked to go in the boot as he really wanted to go the club we were going to. Only reason he wasnt in that boot when a van smashed into the back of us was because he couldn't make it to my house in time.

Thats good, I would never put dogs in back where they could get crushed at a round about by someone who isn't paying attention. Happened to a car i was in and my mate asked to go in the boot as he really wanted to go the club we were going to. Only reason he wasnt in that boot when a van smashed into the back of us was because he couldn't make it to my house in time.
How exactly do you propose transporting Labradors? The back seat? Because I can tell you, sometimes they want to get in your lap while you're driving...

I like how it looks but I can't unsee this lol

I can. The Ferrari has a much more shooting-brake style of body and looks wayyy better than the other SUV below. Also everything below the headlights on the front grille is completely different, and the headlights being similar is kinda to be expected tbh because so many companies are doing LED strips now.

Someone let me know what the Ferrari SUV thingy is really really good at.
Making $$$

We know what the Cayenne historically did for Porsche's fortunes, the Bentayga and DBX account for 40% of all Bentley and Aston Martin's sales and the Urus 61% of Lamborghini's sales!

-Is not as good as a propper supercar in terms of performance.
-Has less practicality than a supermini hatchback.
-Can't propperly off-road like... an actual 4x4 off-roader.
-It's not more comfortable than any station wagon or sedan, or just any low-ride height car.
-Is expensive.
-Fuel economy... pffff

So.

Can anyone tell me the point of these "coupe"-like, hideous SUVs again?

Other than to appeal to the massive "idiot" population that is into these things just because you can "sit higher". I guess trucks must be the next best thing then.

But then, manufacturers are really worried about resources and all... aren't they?

Last edited:
-It's not more comfortable than any station wagon or sedan, or just any low-ride height car.
-Is expensive.
-Fuel economy... pffff

So.

Other than to appeal to the massive "idiot" population that is into these things just because you can "sit higher". I guess trucks must be the next best thing then.

But then, manufacturers are really worried about resources and all... aren't they?
Status symbols that are slightly easier to daily/use than the sports cars the manufacturers mainly build & end up generating funding for those sports cars.

How exactly do you propose transporting Labradors? The back seat? Because I can tell you, sometimes they want to get in your lap while you're driving...
Well I had dogs i transported regularly I'd find a solution, maybe I'd buy an estate and come up with something. I couldn't imagine my dogs getting crushed in the back of my motor, that would be traumatic.

Someone let me know what the Ferrari SUV thingy is really really good at.
It's good at being a Ferrari for those that want a Ferrari but dont want a Ferrari.

-Is expensive.
-Fuel economy... pffff

So.

Well it's not an offroad vehicle so thats not a notch against it. Its not as good as proper supercar in terms of performance? I would argue its every bit as good, you're not doing 190mph in 458 or the Purosangue on the road. A supercar isn't more practical than a mini either but how do you know this isn't more comfortable than a low riding car. It is expensive but for someone I.e me who cant put 200k down on a car why is 400k or fuel economy a point of contention ?

With all that said these SUVs are too big for European roads.

Well I had dogs i transported regularly I'd find a solution, maybe I'd buy an estate and come up with something. I couldn't imagine my dogs getting crushed in the back of my motor, that would be traumatic.
I don't get how this scenario is any different to a just as likely side impact by someone not paying attention and crushing a passenger or the driver in an accident.

Butterfly effect - If your friend went into the boot, you would have been on a different timeline (left at a different time, been in different traffic) and that van might not have smashed into you at all.

How does that help?
It helps because they wouldn't be in tgs small compartment at the back.
I don't get how this scenario is any different to a just as likely side impact by someone not paying attention and crushing a passenger or the driver in an accident.
Not really the same scenario though, plus it doesbt have to be a big crash for the boot to be crushed.

Butterfly effect - If your friend went into the boot, you would have been on a different timeline (left at a different time, been in different traffic) and that van might not have smashed into you at all.
Incorrect. The timeline would have been different on the way to the club in Cheltenham, but we stayed overnight in a B&B and we would have left at the exact same time because our luck up was already arranged.

Gotta be honest, I like this thing a lot. It looks much better in color rather than bland gray paints. Blue Ferrari best Ferrari. I already love shooting brakes and this thing is basically that, a bit taller, and with four doors, but the massive wheels and tires really clean up the proportions and I think it looks excellent. I'd have one, and I'd keep it.

Edit: The Top Gear guy mentions how Ferrari left out OEM satnav and relies on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Excellent! However, he then mentions that while driving through the forest his phone lost signal and rendered him without satnav. And then he babbles bit...I didn't actually let him finish before I came here to complain. Anyway, both Apple and Google offers solutions to this widely known problem and that is...downloadable maps. If you're going to spend time where signal is dodgey, download the map. Works great. And if your phone loses GPS signal, well then you're kind of screwed because even OEM satnav requires that for navigation.

Last edited:
Gotta be honest, I like this thing a lot. It looks much better in color rather than bland gray paints. Blue Ferrari best Ferrari. I already love shooting brakes and this thing is basically that, a bit taller, and with four doors, but the massive wheels and tires really clean up the proportions and I think it looks excellent. I'd have one, and I'd keep it.

Edit: The Top Gear guy mentions how Ferrari left out OEM satnav and relies on Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Excellent! However, he then mentions that while driving through the forest his phone lost signal and rendered him without satnav. And then he babbles bit...I didn't actually let him finish before I came here to complain. Anyway, both Apple and Google offers solutions to this widely known problem and that is...downloadable maps. If you're going to spend time where signal is dodgey, download the map. Works great. And if your phone loses GPS signal, well then you're kind of screwed because even OEM satnav requires that for navigation.
Excellent indeed if they're now standard. Apple CarPlay as an option used to cost you over $4,000 on some models. The question now is, has the system itself gotten better b/c there's owners with CarPlay in previous models that have highlighted some faults other brands with it do not have.

Last edited:
I think I might be with Ferrari on this one. I'm not sure that's an SUV. It's like a high-riding hatchback.

Not loving those black wheel arches. I think they're supposed to make the painted area look slimmer, but it makes the wheels look small and the body look extra lifted.

Jethro Bovingdon drives the Purosangue for Evo

I think overall, it's a really good car. Much better than the Urus, DBX, Cullinan

I just wanted to emphasize your first comments, i think it looks excellent. I love the FF and it's up there as one of my dream cars and this thing is also right up there with me. It sounds awesome, and besides all the haptic touch fussiness on the wheel, i love the two cabin setup making a nice entertainment for the passenger too. Also! Thanks for the download map option, I never knew that lol

Me = lifelong Ferrari fan. Sure I am becoming more of a Porsche lover nowadays, but Ferrari is where it's at for me. I thought the Purosangue would be a most interesting vehicle as an automotive enthusiast. Thanks to watching a beautiful AutoTrader video on the Purosangue, I am very intrigued about the Purosangue.

I always thought the Ferrari FF was one of the ugliest Ferraris of all time. The Purosangue, however, can be thought of as a [much] more beautiful, rugged, and utilitarian FF with the DNA of the Roma. People thought Hell froze over just at entertaining the thought of a Ferrari SUV. I think it was rather novel for the Purosangue to even be conceived and engineered the way it has. Ferrari didn't just want this to be another "boring, dumb SUV." Are you going to rampage the off-road trails of Moab or do your own rally raid in Baja California with the Purosangue? Likely not. Are you going to get laughed at by hardcore off-roaders with your Purosangue? Maybe. Considering the evolution of the sport utility vehicle, what Ferrari has really exceled at an SUV with a great emphasis on "sport." This is basically a Ferrari sports CAR, let alone a Ferrari SUV. And I must say I am very much intrigued about it. If you're one of the ones saying that Ferrari is selling out or being cheapened because they made an SUV instead of sticking to exotic sports cars, think again. I see the Purosangue more as showcasing Ferrari prowess in an unusual, unexpected form. That's why I'm intrigued about it.

Would I want this $402K USD SUV if I had the money? Probably not. However, am I intrigued about it and want to give this Ferrari its flowers? Absolutely. So well played, Ferrari!

Back