[FGTA][ENDURANCE][GT300]Season2-FINALE: OZWHEELS IS THE CHAMPION!Open 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 1,528 comments
Assuming you mean 'fray' as fry would involve getting burnt!

So are we able to make car choices yet or are we waiting until after the test races?

So are we able to make car choices yet or are we waiting until after the test races?

Right... a "deadline" for choosing car before beginning of season 2 must be decided at least for the teams Karsten listed and the people that already signed up

What's the day the Series is running on? Depending on what day - I might be able to take part full time 👍

Done a spot of testing at Apricot Hill -

Last seasons fastest lap 1.20.070 from the RX7

I got some decent times earlier -

RX7 - 1.19.965

BRZ - 1.20.248

Impreza 1.20.132 (I think this is an off-road car lol)

Lexus - 1.20.249

Altezza - 1.20.502

S2000 - 1.19.552 (fastest by quite a bit)

Gara - x.xx.xxx (Ice skates anyone?)

I think we need an opinion of the top guys about the S2000 to see if it's far too quick or just a one off lap from me.

skeng suggested +10hps on s2000 so i'm curious

i only tested at motegi and i couldnt get the s2000 in the 54s but i guess that is just one track and i didnt put a lot of laps in

it did feel a lot slower than the lexus and brz

i liked the toyota mrs it was nice

I tried the MRS at the Nurb but I didn't get on too well with it, imo it didn't handle the bumpy track very well at all.

Not ran the S2000 but would image it suffers on long straights but does very well in the corners?

I tested the s2000 at nurburgring 24h and I got the same best time I had with the Rx7 in a few laps (8.48). Top speed is also the same with 241 km/h on dottinger straight and 247 km/h downhill after the bridge.

shall i announce them? also would it be a good idea to race on the same with success penalty to check how well they work?

also @SkengD got some ideas for the car choice? ;)

after team kenshin is your team shady turn to choose :)

shall i announce them? also would it be a good idea to race on the same with success penalty to check how well they work?

also @SkengD got some ideas for the car choice? ;)

after team kenshin is your team shady turn to choose :)

I told priesty to choose , he was leaning towards rx7 .

Hi guys , when it comes to the success penalties this is how I think it should be for season 2

There should be success hp penalties for places 1st (30), 2nd (20) and 3rd (10) and I think they should only apply for one race then they are reset .

For Example

Race 1 Silverstone Gprilli came 1st and SkengD 2nd at race 2 GP should have 30 less hp and skeng 20 less hp .

Now if they finish race 2 the same as race 1 I think they should have the same (gprilli)30 less hp and (skeng) 20 less rather than (gprilli) 60 less hp and (skeng) 40 less hp

So basically the penalties only apply for 1 race then they are reset .

I think this is the best and fairest way to apply these penalties , it also makes it easier for checks as it will always be 30 20 and 10 rather than other possibilities of numbers .

I also have some opinions on the cars for season 2 , I will post that information tomorrow

We talked about this in the lobby with Skeng yesterday... I agree with his proposal about the hp penalties valid for the next race only. It will be already a lot penalizing running with 20hp less (since we cannot change gear ratios)... I can't imagine running with -40hp :scared:

Also for the cars (testing them a lot yesterday) I will suggest to use only the GT300 base models (already difficult to balance them) because the other touring cars have less downforce compared to GT300 that is something that not feels right.

Using only the 5 GT300 Base Models "premium" will allow everyone to paint the car and put the preferred number on that will be more realistic also than using a standard car with same number for four drivers.... :yuck:

We talked about this in the lobby with Skeng yesterday... I agree with his proposal about the hp penalties valid for the next race only. It will be already a lot penalizing running with 20hp less (since we cannot change gear ratios)... I can't imagine running with -40hp :scared:

Also for the cars (testing them a lot yesterday) I will suggest to use only the GT300 base models (already difficult to balance them) because the other touring cars have less downforce compared to GT300 that is something that not feels right.

Using only the 5 GT300 Base Models "premium" will allow everyone to paint the car and put the preferred number on that will be more realistic also than using a standard car with same number for four drivers.... :yuck:
I agree

Hi guys , when it comes to the success penalties this is how I think it should be for season 2

There should be success hp penalties for places 1st (30), 2nd (20) and 3rd (10) and I think they should only apply for one race then they are reset .

For Example

Race 1 Silverstone Gprilli came 1st and SkengD 2nd at race 2 GP should have 30 less hp and skeng 20 less hp .

Now if they finish race 2 the same as race 1 I think they should have the same (gprilli)30 less hp and (skeng) 20 less rather than (gprilli) 60 less hp and (skeng) 40 less hp

So basically the penalties only apply for 1 race then they are reset .

I think this is the best and fairest way to apply these penalties , it also makes it easier for checks as it will always be 30 20 and 10 rather than other possibilities of numbers .

I also have some opinions on the cars for season 2 , I will post that information tomorrow

The idea is to give a chance for a victory or podium to all the grid along the season; i'm sure more than a few drivers felt down or even left because they felt they had no chances to be competitive (dieselpigracing again lol).

the two race is not the format. It's just for testing purpouse.
We'll have races same lenght rules like last season.

i understand the concerns of very heavy hp penalties sticking, but i'm pretty sure that it's impossible for any driver (even you or gprili) to win 2 races and then be AGAIN on the podium; that would mean for example:

gprili on rx7 wins race 1 at 300hps skeng ends in second in lexus 330hps. ekke third with his 320hp brz. Aboe 4th.

following week starts at 280 and wins again (as if about, skeng, ekke and all would not take a win from him but let's say so for the sake of argument) skeng starts at 320hp and let's say he would get asleep and end second again. ekke start at 310hp and ends fifth, behind karsten and aboe.

third week gpwould run at 260 (-40hp) and skeng at 310 (-20hps) do you think that gp would stick again in top 4?

in my opinion in this season no driver will ever reach a penalty bigger than -30hps, but if that is a concern we could cap the maximum hp penalty to -30hp.

so in this short simulation:

first race: gp 300hp, skeng 330hp, ekke 320 aboe 320 results gp-20, skeng-10, ekke-10, aboe-10

second race: gp 280, skeng 320, ekke 310 aboe 310 results gp -20, skeng-10, karsten-10, aboe-10 , ekke (+10hp)

third race: gp 260, skeng 310, ekke 320 aboe 300 karsten 290 results here probably skeng would win, then aboe and ekke... and gp would get 10hps back.

now if you see the pattern it's basically impossible for 2 drivers to end so many times on podium to have a penalty bigger that what you suggested skeng. i do actually think that 2 consecutive wins will be basically impossible to get beside first and last round (the two rounds without power penalties)

there's a reason for driver's never winning consecutive races in superGT :D
in any case i fixed 2 test races exactly to give these things a test.

so is the consensum to cut out all the other cars? we had some complains last season because people felt stuck with a car they didn't like. Would be ok for me, but i'm sure we'll hear complains.

Please all driver tell me if they agree on this change. If it is so i'll change topic accordingly and allow for 4 brzs and 4 imprezas

The idea is to give a chance for a victory or podium to all the grid along the season; i'm sure more than a few drivers felt down or even left because they felt they had no chances to be competitive (dieselpigracing again lol).

the two race is not the format. It's just for testing purpouse.
We'll have races same lenght rules like last season.

i understand the concerns of very heavy hp penalties sticking, but i'm pretty sure that it's impossible for any driver (even you or gprili) to win 2 races and then be AGAIN on the podium; that would mean for example:

gprili on rx7 wins race 1 at 300hps skeng ends in second in lexus 330hps. ekke third with his 320hp brz. Aboe 4th.

following week starts at 280 and wins again (as if about, skeng, ekke and all would not take a win from him but let's say so for the sake of argument) skeng starts at 320hp and let's say he would get asleep and end second again. ekke start at 310hp and ends fifth, behind karsten and aboe.

third week gpwould run at 260 (-40hp) and skeng at 310 (-20hps) do you think that gp would stick again in top 4?

in my opinion in this season no driver will ever reach a penalty bigger than -30hps, but if that is a concern we could cap the maximum hp penalty to -30hp.

so in this short simulation:

first race: gp 300hp, skeng 330hp, ekke 320 aboe 320 results gp-20, skeng-10, ekke-10, aboe-10

second race: gp 280, skeng 320, ekke 310 aboe 310 results gp -20, skeng-10, karsten-10, aboe-10 , ekke (+10hp)

third race: gp 260, skeng 310, ekke 320 aboe 300 karsten 290 results here probably skeng would win, then aboe and ekke... and gp would get 10hps back.

now if you see the pattern it's basically impossible for 2 drivers to end so many times on podium to have a penalty bigger that what you suggested skeng. i do actually think that 2 consecutive wins will be basically impossible to get beside first and last round (the two rounds without power penalties)

there's a reason for driver's never winning consecutive races in superGT :D
in any case i fixed 2 test races exactly to give these things a test.

so is the consensum to cut out all the other cars? we had some complains last season because people felt stuck with a car they didn't like. Would be ok for me, but i'm sure we'll hear complains.

Please all driver tell me if they agree on this change. If it is so i'll change topic accordingly and allow for 4 brzs and 4 imprezas

I think the 5 base models is the best way to go. And for weight penalty i understand where you are going with that, and hope it will work. I'm just a bit worried about how messy the reg checks gonna be first weeks.

Personally I'm with GP on the cars, I like the use of just the GT300 base models and it gives the grid some uniformity, if there are any indis they could also use the full version as the specs are the same but just adds abit more of the 'race' look.

I am fine with just using the base models

You see the base models and gt300s use a 20/45 downforce setting while the altezza and s2000 use 15/40 , thats why some tracks they were competitive and some they were not

Ive tested the toyota mrs , celica and rwd subaru and they can be specced to be used with the cars you used in season 1

Perhaps you can consider using them in season 3

I know the rx7 is amazing for 295 hp but i wonder how it will be at 265

Should be an interesting season

Last edited:
I also agree with using GT300 base models. Afterall this is a GT300 championship, right? ;)

As of the success penalties: I'd try Karstens model, but as mentioned before: this will be very hard and timeconsuming during perf-checks. I would add some time-regarding rules, like let's say 6:30 everybody should be in a room. Perf checks will easily take 15 minutes, so it's 6:45 and the qualy can start. Race starts at 7:00.

Latest Posts

Back