[FGTA] Formula 1-SEE NEW THREAD!Finished 

Well I felt ok this time around apart form when I tried the mediums on stint 2 and just lost it straight away on my 1st flying lap on turn 1. Mediums feel like 10% less grip than softs with 10% higher tire wear. :(

Hoping to see some improvement with sound and tires on GT7 or else I'll have to forget it and switch games. I do not understand the logic of tires increasing in both grip and longevity, in real life everything is always a compromise, grip over endurance, speed over wear, etc, etc.

I think there is a difference in the longevity in the tyres, for sure. It just seems to me that because the grip is so much better on the softs, the amount of tyre spin is much less on the acceleration side of things, so you can manage throttle control easier, which manages excess spinning, and thus tyre wear resulting from it.

What strikes me as weird is the way that the tyres burn up quicker on harder compounds, and much easier... contradictory considering that harder compounds generally have a higher working temperature. I think the configuration on the RM/RH tyres should be revised so that they still spin up eaiser, but with nowhere near the same level of "heat" in the tyres when they do. I feel that this would fix the tyre model immensely.

Edit: Maybe if they added more heat/stress colour indicators, perhaps a black "base" colour, with a purple between this and yellow. Almost like how you get thermal imaging in F1. Softs would probably end up being mainly yellow in terms of heat/stress level on straights, purple for mediums and black for hards. And also, maybe adding a model representing a level of wear per rotation within these heat zones.

Last edited:
Important announcement:

We are now half way through the season, and it is becoming clear that we will not have enough drivers for a F1 and GP2 league next season. What I am thinking is to stop this series, and switch over to full F1. I have a few reasons for this. One, is with the latest updates to GT6, the FGT has become pretty bad without a tune. Allowing drivers to tune their car will solve some of the issues with tire wear and drivability. Also, it will give a chance to find new full time drivers and reserve drivers. I want there to be some more dedicated reserve drivers that will fill in so we can keep grid numbers up. I could also make the start time a little earlier so that it is better for people all around the world. If you have any questions, please ask. So, I am wondering, would everyone be happy with this? Everyone please respond with your answer.

And so everyone see's this:

Team name: Bacon Racing
Team color: Gray/Black
Driver 1: @Mini Stiggy , jf517860
Driver 2: @Glenalz81 , Glen-Alz-81

Team name: RTRacing
Team color: Red
Driver 1: @Weider , arty907
Driver 2: @Storm_SP17 , StormPacer17

Team name: Scuderia Micino
Team color: Navy Blue, Red and Gray
Driver 1: @MatheusBond , Matheus-007
Driver 2: @Revoy , GTP_Revoy

Team name: Team Redline
Team color: Dark blue
Driver 1: @IMMORTALPILOT , TRL_IMMORTAL
Driver 2: @sickassasin87 , s1ck_as5a5sin_87

Team name: United Nations Motorsports
Team color: Silver/Red
Driver 1: @swiftsmith , swiftsmith
Driver 2: @jamiebeech , TRL_jb

Team name: RTRosso
Team color: Turquoise Green
Driver1: @Weider , arty907
Driver 2: @teamdbw , GTP_BRESSON_DK

Team name: US Racing
Team color: Yellow
Driver 1: @rcb929 , TNR_LILBUDDY
Driver 2: @Rich S , mustardaddict

Reserve Drivers:
@Squatch14 , sandwormrider
@moeom
@SF_Alonso , SF_Alonso
@peiratis1976 , peiratis1976
@DrAug , Aughablo

Important announcement:

We are now half way through the season, and it is becoming clear that we will not have enough drivers for a F1 and GP2 league next season. What I am thinking is to stop this series, and switch over to full F1. I have a few reasons for this. One, is with the latest updates to GT6, the FGT has become pretty bad without a tune. Allowing drivers to tune their car will solve some of the issues with tire wear and drivability. Also, it will give a chance to find new full time drivers and reserve drivers. I want there to be some more dedicated reserve drivers that will fill in so we can keep grid numbers up. I could also make the start time a little earlier so that it is better for people all around the world. If you have any questions, please ask. So, I am wondering, would everyone be happy with this? Everyone please respond with your answer.

Reserve Drivers:
@moeom
@SF_Alonso , SF_Alonso
@DrAug , Aughablo

I be fine with it.

I'd like to join for next season, for a GP2 seat :D
See this post:P:
Important announcement:

Reserve Drivers:
@moeom
@SF_Alonso , SF_Alonso
@DrAug , Aughablo

Also, there is still plenty of room for you to join now if you want to:)

Important announcement:

Reserve Drivers:
@moeom
@SF_Alonso , SF_Alonso
@DrAug , Aughablo

Yeah m8 np. 👍 not to much earlier though plz...1 hour would be fine for me.

I personally would like to go to the Lotus F1 for an F1 series because it is more like modern F1 cars, with the way power is delivered, the engine note is amazing, and the feeling going through fast corners... all reasons why it is better than an FGT... but a full power FGT is better than a half-power one, and a tuned car is always better than a stock car... so I definitely support both a half change or a full change if we stay in a FGT...

I personally would like to go to the Lotus F1 for an F1 series because it is more like modern F1 cars, with the way power is delivered, the engine note is amazing, and the feeling going through fast corners... all reasons why it is better than an FGT... but a full power FGT is better than a half-power one, and a tuned car is always better than a stock car... so I definitely support both a half change or a full change if we stay in a FGT...
It would be with the FGT.

That's 5 to 0:D

I know it is not to everyone's liking but if we do make a move to Lotus F1 The RT Developmental Program has plenty of very fast drivers interested in testing out and signing for others teams and we won't stop them as we only have racing seats for four drivers :)

Important announcement:

Reserve Drivers:
@moeom
@SF_Alonso , SF_Alonso
@DrAug , Aughablo

Yes let's move to f1 series, also stiggy can you update RTRosso? I'm teammate with Bresson now :P

The current F1 cars produce around 600bhp, last year they produced over 750.
However the 2014 ERS (KERS) gives drivers around 160bhp for approximately 33 seconds during a lap.

Minimum weight has been increased from the current 642kg to 691kg.

My idea is that we limit the cars to:

750bhp

691kg

To keep it as real as possible, considering we have ABS 0 on. Anyone else got any ideas ? Feel free to share :)

The current F1 cars produce around 600bhp, last year they produced over 750.
However the 2014 ERS (KERS) gives drivers around 160bhp for approximately 33 seconds during a lap.

Minimum weight has been increased from the current 642kg to 691kg.

My idea is that we limit the cars to:

750bhp

691kg

To keep it as real as possible, considering we have ABS 0 on. Anyone else got any ideas ? Feel free to share :)
I was actually testing out the 750bhp part earlier today, and the car felt pretty good.

And we are staying at minimum weight, to not make the handling or tire wear any worse.

I like absolute full power, the lesser the power the slower the car and the more time we have to think... we are elite drivers, we should do things fast and by instinct!

I like absolute full power, the lesser the power the slower the car and the more time we have to think... we are elite drivers, we should do things fast and by instinct!
Which equals more crashing which equals more people quiting. I will have to see how it drives with full power before I make any decisions though.

with 100 % power its horrible also after 3 laps the rear tyres are gone also with full DF and setup, thats our problem more power make worser tyre wear also with good setups

Important announcement:
Do we get a final result for the GP2 season or is the season "continuing" with a different spec? IF you want to run an F1 season than why not use the Lotus? You are aware that the FGT is insanely unpredictable with high power, it's prone to sliding out with little warning and high speed cornering downforce is dreadful this is why we swapped to a super low power output for it.

I was hoping we could swap over the a "premium" F1 car eventually like we had with the old F10 series on GT5. The F2007/10 races were all great races. The Lotus 97T is different but not that bad in my humble opinion compared the the FGT which has become misery for some people and at best terrifying for me because I'm having to tip-toe around the courses to make sure I dont crash and get damage. With the Lotus atleast you can push hard and enjoy the race. I dont see us having enjoyable races where we just go flat out in the FGT. I have not noticed brake or throttle lag with the Lotus, just slower shifting.

Latest Posts

Back