[FGTA] Formula 1-SEE NEW THREAD!Finished 

Do we get a final result for the GP2 season or is the season "continuing" with a different spec? IF you want to run an F1 season than why not use the Lotus? You are aware that the FGT is insanely unpredictable with high power, it's prone to sliding out with little warning and high speed cornering downforce is dreadful this is why we swapped to a super low power output for it.

I was hoping we could swap over the a "premium" F1 car eventually like we had with the old F10 series on GT5. The F2007/10 races were all great races. The Lotus 97T is different but not that bad in my humble opinion compared the the FGT which has become misery for some people and at best terrifying for me because I'm having to tip-toe around the courses to make sure I dont crash and get damage. With the Lotus atleast you can push hard and enjoy the race. I dont see us having enjoyable races where we just go flat out in the FGT. I have not noticed brake or throttle lag with the Lotus, just slower shifting.

I've not tried the FGT full power in v1.10 but I totally agree with what you say about the Lotus, it would make for closer more enjoyable racing and the tyre wear gives the driver the option to burn out his tyres for faster lap times or be smooth and go longer, there is also a very good base tune for the car that fits all tracks and that would mean no one would have to run hours of testing prior to race day just to be competitive...

After testing:
FGT at full power: Horrible-No
FGT at 750bhp: It's alright-Possibility
Red Bull Standard(No fan) at 750bhp and 650kg with SS and RH tires: Similar lap times to real F1, Tire wear is not to bad. This also provides the most flexibility. We can decrease tire wear, while keeping lap times the same-Possibility
Lotus at Full power: Pretty fun to drive, but it eats it's tires. If you drove careful and saved tires, I think it would be 3-4 pit stops in a 1 hour race at Silverstone. If you drove every lap like qualifying, it would be a lot of pit stops-Possibility
Lotus at 850bhp: Most fun to drive(in my opinion). Would create better racing than full power. A little better on it's tires than full power-Possibility

The Lotus on Full power is my preference. Either that or the Red Bull. The Red Bull on SS I imagine you can run a considerable distance on one set of tires.

I'd like a final result for GP2 though because you should finish what you started. It doesn't feel right to not wrap up. I remember when I hosted the very first GTP Ferrari F1 series back in 2011, and towards the end people lost interest with just 6-7 of us racing, so I wrapped up points.

The Lotus on Full power is my preference. Either that or the Red Bull. The Red Bull on SS I imagine you can run a considerable distance on one set of tires.

I'd like a final result for GP2 though because you should finish what you started. It doesn't feel right to not wrap up. I remember when I hosted the very first GTP Ferrari F1 series back in 2011, and towards the end people lost interest with just 6-7 of us racing, so I wrapped up points.
It doesn't go as far as you'd think actually.

And you can see the points that everyone has in the race results, those will be the final points.

After testing:
FGT at full power: Horrible-No
FGT at 750bhp: It's alright-Possibility
Red Bull Standard(No fan) at 750bhp and 650kg with SS and RH tires: Similar lap times to real F1, Tire wear is not to bad. This also provides the most flexibility. We can decrease tire wear, while keeping lap times the same-Possibility
Lotus at Full power: Pretty fun to drive, but it eats it's tires. If you drove careful and saved tires, I think it would be 3-4 pit stops in a 1 hour race at Silverstone. If you drove every lap like qualifying, it would be a lot of pit stops-Possibility
Lotus at 850bhp: Most fun to drive(in my opinion). Would create better racing than full power. A little better on it's tires than full power-Possibility

I am happy with either Lotus Full Power or Lotus 850bhp, I've tried them both and I like them.

Arty gave me the heads up about this, but I didn't know it was -200hp. I assume this is to distance itself from what will come with a faster gp1 or f1 series? I'll stay tuned in case it changes to full power. Would be a fun series.

Arty gave me the heads up about this, but I didn't know it was -200hp. I assume this is to distance itself from what will come with a faster gp1 or f1 series? I'll stay tuned in case it changes to full power. Would be a fun series.
It's at 850 BHP because tire wear is better, and the racing will be closer. It's much more enjoyable to drive, and if your not joining just because it doesn't have 1,000+ BHP, you'll be missing out.

Back