[FGTA]Formula 1 World Championship - GT_Vette is Champion over DrAug and xChris93_!Finished 

yes tc-sierra95 would like to join as a reserve driver as he's not absolutely sure to make every race... he's very clean and fair and i'm quite sure he'll be in top 5 in no time . he actually has no pc and can't sign up in the series with the ps3 browser ...

about the race ,
i thought i lost it as i didn't put enough fuel to manage an entire stint , so ,
i knew i had to run a long stint maintaining "pace" while keeping the tires for the three last laps to save 2nd place .
until evo pitted and was lucky to be able to fight for the win ...
and well , mentallly the two last laps were intense ... then , i watched in my mirrors before the two last rights and noticed agro had a better line , i accepted to be overtaken , let him space for an inside on throttle but heard him spin :)
Cool. Tell him to send me a friend request on PSN. The changes to teams will be as follows:
Warmachine will go to reserve status(missed 2 races without notice)
Vectorpath will join Duffy(the points he scored at Silverstone will count towards duffy's team)
The new guy will join vicars in a team.

Any questions?

Edit: sorry for double post.

Tuning and Tunes (RTRacing / RTX / RTRosso)

1. Tuning for the next race begins the day after the last. RTR tries various CONFIGURATIONS and recommends the best one for its drivers to evaluate.

2. The drivers then confirm the configuration and after trying their base tunes, they fine tune the car to the track.

3. By the start of the second week, drivers share their experiences and initial setups with each other in what we call the Drivers' Briefing, and lay down a marker in terms of lap times.

4. Thereafter, final setups are made leading up to the race and kept top secret by the individual teams until after race day.

At Tokyo, the pole sitter @RacingLine used a base tune and did a 1:12.1 full fuel, after fine tuning it, he did low 1:11's full fuel by race day.

We know some of you do not have time to tune or and practice and we want this series to be as competitive as possible. Our drivers are highly-skilled tuners, and what we propose to do, as a collective, is share at least one initial tune in this thread after the Drivers' Briefing.

This still means our drivers have one week beyond that to get even more out of the car, and will strive even harder to do so, but it means many of you will not be over a second of a lap slower per lap, and in some cases if you fine tune the initial setup you will be right up there, if you decide to use it.

After the race, we will publish at least one final setup for the track in the tuning forum that you can use at your leisure or save for next season.

CONFIGURATIONS: This means different wing (WING REG, A, B, C) and aero kit packages (AK 0, 1 2, 3).

Wings make a considerable different to car performance, not necessarily in straight line speed, which depends more on downforce level, but in the car's traction and turning ability. At the evaluation at Tokyo, a track with many mid- and high-speed corners WING REG was 0.5s and WING C was a full 1s slower than WING A/B. WING A / B gave a more responsive rear-end giving the drivers better turning power to counter any understeer, especially when the front tyres became worn.

Aero kits also make a difference to car performance in terms of braking and rear stability. However, our recommendations for this depend on driver style. At Tokyo, we recommended AK2, giving a less stable but more responsive rear-end. We recommended this because the only major braking zone was into Turn 1, a straight line braking zone so stability did not factor and the oversteer characteristics were a positive.

I hope this initiative by @DrAug, @GT_Vette, @RacingLine and @xChris93_ brings more enjoyment for you guys!

p.s. @teamdbw doesn't tune cars, he tunes cans ;)

Last edited:
So what you are saying is the set-up you produce after one week will be released to the whole group and the final week of setup will be secret to individual teams and not shared with anyone other than your actual team mate.

This solution could work, as it now stands it is uncomfortable to join a lobby and hear things like “don’t say that out loud” or “I will email you” it can make people feel excluded. Along with the advantages of 5-6-7- guys testing together this could level the playing field somewhat.

It always seemed weird to me that there was a large group trading set-ups who in practice were not in the same team; it would be strange if Mercedes and Ferrari gave each other set-up advice right?

I understand what you are trying to do and I applaud the work you guys have done in the development of this crazy car, because of that work I now have a partially tamed Lotus, but like in the real world we all drive different so having a base set-up to work with is a good idea, as drivers we can either take it or leave it in the knowledge we were offered it.

To work out the initial base set-up a week before race night sounds fair, as long as the final week set-up is between team mates with no further inter team cooperation.

That’s my 2 cent’s.

Great race on Sunday enjoyed it from start to finish, as always great driving guys and thanks to Mini-Stiggy for hosting, hope you have your wheel fixed in time for next race.

To work out the initial base set-up a week before race night sounds fair, as long as the final week set-up is between team mates with no further inter team cooperation.

Whilst the three teams are separate and do their own thing such as final setups and race strategy, we do cooperate because we're all part of the same brand, and in real terms, friends, ultra competitive, but friends! And we're extending that a bit further because we're amongst friends... and it is not a question of fair, the drivers put a lot of effort into creating the setups. In Tokyo, Evo's initial setup that took him at least 3 or 4 sessions to create! And that got shared with a few of you to try for yourselves so we thought we'd share our resources in a more open way! :)

that's exactly why i usually use stock cars , because there's no setup ^^

Too bad the 97T handles like diggity dog S*** with a stock setup. Most cars with a stock settings feel awful too me. 99% of the time, a stock car understeers badly or won't rotate in slow corners. I like a car that "listens" to me in any corner.
Most cars simply don't deliver.

I'll be setting up an RTRacing Club in the communities section later today, join! ;)
Yes the update appears to have completely changed the game, will be interesting to see if this finally makes GT6 on par or superior to GT5. The biggest problem I've had with GT6 is no being able to find friends rooms or to find out what people are up to, GT5 was a million times more advanced it seemed in that respect.

I really like the new subaru vgt. Just the sound is enough for me :eek:. I usually hate driving 4wd cars too.
The new chaparral is refreshingly different even if it might not be technically possible today :lol:. The sound they come up with for the car will be very unique to say the least.
And I,ll have a good tune for suzuka by saturday so @Weider can update his post.

I really like the new subaru vgt. Just the sound is enough for me :eek:. I usually hate driving 4wd cars too.
The new chaparral is refreshingly different even if it might not be technically possible today :lol:. The sound they come up with for the car will be very unique to say the least.
And I,ll have a good tune for suzuka by saturday so @Weider can update his post.

I hate the viziv, a 4wd car isn't that understeery. It feels like a 70-30 / 80-20 distribution 👎

Important announcement:

The drivers list and teams have been updated.

As many of you know by now, a recent update has added the community feature to GT6. This allows us to create clubs. I have created a private club called the "FGTA Formula 1 WC". I think I have sent everyone a invite to join, but please let me know if I missed you because it is essential that you are in the club. To accept my invitation, follow this procedure:

Community-->Messages-->Click on Mini Stiggy's message-->Click on message again-->Go to club-->Join

Once you are joined, you will see this screen:
image.jpg

The "club lobby" section allows any member to create a lobby that will allow anyone in the club to join, without the need to have the them your friends list. Only club members can join these lobbies. Use the for practice lobbies. Below is a picture of this screen(lobbies will show up if any are open):image.jpg

The "Club events" section is where I schedule races, and where you guys can sign up for races, or check the room settings. Below is a picture of the first part of the "club events" page:
image.jpg

Once you select the race shown above, you will be taken to a screen where you can view room settings, sign up for the race, and chat about the race with the comment feature. When you sign up for a race, please post "Signed up" in the comments. Below is a picture of what this screen looks like:
image.jpg

The final section is the "Forums section". In this section, I(and only me) can create threads for you guys to talk on. So far I have made 2 threads. "The General Chat Thread", and "Questions". Read the comment under each thread to see what they are about. If you have ideas for other threads, please let me know. Below is a picture of what this screen looks like:
image.jpg

That concluded my tour of the new clubs feature added to GT6 in update 1.14. If you have any questions, please ask away! We don't want any confusion on race day. See you November 30th at Suzuka!

Team Name: Ice Cold Racing
Driver 1: @Mini Stiggy , GTP_Mini_Stiggy
Driver 2: @Glenalz81 , Glen-Alz-81

Team Name: B7R-acing
Driver 1: @peiratis1976 , peiratis1976
Driver 2: @Revoy , GTP_Revoy

Team Name: RTacing
Driver 1: @RacingLine , RacingLine
Driver 2: @DrAug , aughablo

Team Name: RTRosso
Driver 1: @Weider , arty907
Driver 2: @teamdbw , GTP_Bresson_DK

Team Manager: @swiftsmith
Team Name: Lightning in a Bottle Motorsports
Driver 1: @Rich S , mustardaddict
Driver 2: @332i , yadeegson

Team Name: D&W racing
Driver 1: @dufyc87 , duffyc87
Driver 2: @VectorPath , VectorPath

Team Name: RTX
Driver 1: [USER=261392]@xChris93_
, xChris93_
Driver 2: @GT_Vette , AGROwer-Culture

Team Name:
Driver 1: No GTP , TC-SIERRA95
Driver 2: @Gavin Vickers , VicarsRACING1[/USER]

Reserve Drivers

@Chris Kelley , xWARMACHINE84x
@PNuTButR , jazza96uk
@carboneyes , carboneyes
@Speed1221 , X_M_A_N_1
No GTP , Pugz20

So everyone gets tagged^

Clocked a full fuel 1:30.7 with two mistakes and it seems like CAMBER is good ;)

The new Suzuka it seems is almost two seconds faster than the old one. Offline, it is capable of 1;26.5 and lower, with full power. I really like it. :D

I might actually practice for this race:dopey:, lol. Would be the first time since the pre season race at Silverstone International :lol:

Round 5 -- Silverstone
Race Results

Huge thanks to those that attended.

Congratulations to @DrAug for the win.

Well done to all those that finished.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus Points

Pole Position
@DrAug
1:30.083
Fastest Lap
@GT_Vette
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Results:

Championship tables can be found here.

Stewards Report
-

Race Director Notes
Again, thanks to all who attended. A drivers brief will be released shortly for Suzuka. See you there!

Suzuka
Sunday, November 30, 2014
15:00 EST(GMT -5)Room Open

Laps: 39
Classifiable laps: 30
Weather/Changeability/Surface water: 0/0/0

Pit entry:
Pit entry is on drivers right after the final chicane.

Pit exit:
You enter the pits on the main straight. Make sure you stay inside the lines.

Penalties:
@xChris93_: 5 place grid penalty (Carry over)

Other Notes:
Good luck, and see you there!

This is the initial tune I used for the 1:30.7 on full fuel, based on AGRO's Silverstone tune:

850bhp / 540kg / A wing / aero kit 2 / aero front 1500 rear 1670 / drivetrain 5 10 6 / suspension 60 55, 20.00 26.00, 6 6, 5 5, 3 4, 0 0.5, -0.20 -0.35, 5 6 / gearbox a. set final at 4250 b. initial speed 149 MPH c. set ratios to 1. 4180 2. 2870 3. 2315 4. 1890 5. 1572 d. adjust final gear to to between 2750 and 2920

I expect the leading drivers to do 1:30.2-4 full fuel and qualifying time to be in the high 29s if there are no mistakes or traffic on the lap.

The "Aug" setup seemed to actually have more stability or under steer to the "agro" setup.

The main place to gain time on the track is S1, and because of that a car that turns into corners better gives a faster laptime even if it is a bit twitchy, it's the first time I've recommended camber because it suits S1...

S1: 39.2 with this setup, I know that high 38s are possible near the limit...

Latest Posts

Back