[FGTA]Formula 1 World Championship - GT_Vette is Champion over DrAug and xChris93_!Finished 

Man chris & agrower were a long ways up I just was trying to survive. I practiced this morning and I could do 38.5-39 in S1 but today it was always 39.9 or 40 strange... my total lap time was the same, I wasn't slower on total time nut on S1 my time seemed to always be 1 sec slower with a full room compared to an empty lobby. Weird...

Anyways gr to all :cheers:, I think Suzuka is always unforgiving it has such a narrow line I know I screwed up once or twice and lost a good 12 secs at various times. Just glad to make it the finish! I think we should qualify, exit than line up in Q order instead of starting right after the Q period. That way we have a breather and time to sort things out a bit.

I want to make a post on the forum as eloquently and fair as I possibly can and I will make a separate incident report to Stiggy.

After multiple checks of who can see each other on track and clear indications by anyone who couldn't I was confident going in to the race that I could trust the people that I was racing with. After the start I could see everyone behind me on their grid slots which normally indicates that they can also see me. However if thats not the case then I feel that I was unfairly penalised either way.

From watching the replay again these are clear facts about incidents during my first 3 laps; I had a relatively good start and defended the inside line going in to t1, but on exit of t2 I was initially tapped by the driver behind. Moving on to t4 and t5, I was repeatedly hit off line causing my tyres to overheat and was hit onto the gravel at t6. Which caused me to lose p1.

That led to the most fun/frustrating 4 laps I've ever had at Suzuka. It's clear from the replay that I had good pace during the first few laps and caught up with p1 fairly quickly. However, on the back straight I managed to get into the slipstream and followed a weaving car in front of me which normally indicates that they can see me and defending. I managed to get alongside just after 130R and was pushed onto the gravel, causing me to slide and overheat my tyres again. I then caught up again by lap 3, and this time I positioned myself on the inside for the final chicane and took the place. However I was then hit off line again towards the gravel and lost the position.

I was initially planning 8-9 lap stints, however these incidents caused me to slide and remain in the turbulent air of the car in front in p2, a position which I was unfairly put into either deliberately or because of connection. I had to pit on lap 5 because my tyres were completely gone, which ruined my race strategy as I needed an additional pit stop. Looking at the end split time, including a spin that I caused on my own I was 27s behind. Pit stop took around 28s, so this clearly lost me the race.

I'm not a steward and I don't know what the right thing to do is, but this race was unfairly lost where the replay explains everything you need to know really. At this point I'm honestly considering retiring from the championship because I had to take time out of studying for uni to practice and take part in this race, which I was hoping would be fair. It wasn't and I hope something can be done about it. P.S Sorry for the long rant, but I feel it had to be said and I'm obviously not too happy atm :P Thanks everyone else for a fun race though, it's always a lot of fun and I hate to take things too serious; but I hate losing due to unfair circumstances. :)

I want to make a post on the forum as eloquently and fair as I possibly can and I will make a separate incident report to Stiggy.

After multiple checks of who can see each other on track and clear indications by anyone who couldn't I was confident going in to the race that I could trust the people that I was racing with. After the start I could see everyone behind me on their grid slots which normally indicates that they can also see me. However if thats not the case then I feel that I was unfairly penalised either way.

From watching the replay again these are clear facts about incidents during my first 3 laps; I had a relatively good start and defended the inside line going in to t1, but on exit of t2 I was initially tapped by the driver behind. Moving on to t4 and t5, I was repeatedly hit off line causing my tyres to overheat and was hit onto the gravel at t6. Which caused me to lose p1.

That led to the most fun/frustrating 4 laps I've ever had at Suzuka. It's clear from the replay that I had good pace during the first few laps and caught up with p1 fairly quickly. However, on the back straight I managed to get into the slipstream and followed a weaving car in front of me which normally indicates that they can see me and defending. I managed to get alongside just after 130R and was pushed onto the gravel, causing me to slide and overheat my tyres again. I then caught up again by lap 3, and this time I positioned myself on the inside for the final chicane and took the place. However I was then hit off line again towards the gravel and lost the position.

I was initially planning 8-9 lap stints, however these incidents caused me to slide and remain in the turbulent air of the car in front in p2, a position which I was unfairly put into either deliberately or because of connection. I had to pit on lap 5 because my tyres were completely gone, which ruined my race strategy as I needed an additional pit stop. Looking at the end split time, including a spin that I caused on my own I was 27s behind. Pit stop took around 28s, so this clearly lost me the race.

I'm not a steward and I don't know what the right thing to do is, but this race was unfairly lost where the replay explains everything you need to know really. At this point I'm honestly considering retiring from the championship because I had to take time out of studying for uni to practice and take part in this race, which I was hoping would be fair. It wasn't and I hope something can be done about it. P.S Sorry for the long rant, but I feel it had to be said and I'm obviously not too happy atm :P Thanks everyone else for a fun race though, it's always a lot of fun and I hate to take things too serious; but I hate losing due to unfair circumstances. :)

Why beat around the bush? Everybody knows your referring to me.
Its a bit offensive that you think it was "unfair" that I knocked you off track because of connection problems. Do you also think its "unfair" that sometimes connection problems occur within gt6? Do you you think its "unfair" when packets are occasionally lost over an internet connection from overseas? I'd say unlucky but not unfair.

I think we should do this, once you enter the room don't leave it and see how that works. I don't think it's Agro's fault at all but I sympathize with Chris because he should have been right in the fight to win... I don't know if Evo got caught in traffic in qualifying but whoa, I only did one clean lap with seconds to go and snatched P3! A lot of things happen in races and you just got to drive until the end, look at Nick in Abu Dhabi...... Hero! My race was pretty good until I pit, I was in such an early pit box I had no time to make adjustments so my car was always too heavy, and the RM tyres were difficult under braking for me... two or three accidents with them and an extra pit to change them cost me the race win!

A big shout out to my teammate too, another impressive performance... mate it was almost embarrassing to radio the team to ask you to let me pass!

Last edited:
Because tbh Agro I'd be really surprised if you done it deliberately so I didn't want to bad mouth you off to everyone else. To say it's not unfair surely isn't reasonable?;

a) If you couldn't see me, then what was the point in qualifying for me. If I qualified ahead of you, you would still have a clear track with no turbulent air, whereas I had a car behind me which was trying to knock me off at every corner. My point is that, almost every race we are racing each other and especially after qualifying where we were 1-2, something should have been said for the race to be restarted so that we could reset our connections. Because we didn't, you were ok for the race but I was heavily disadvantaged by being shoved offline onto grass, kerbs etc which ruined my tyres and initial gap.

b) If you could see me, then its obvious why its not fair. I understand that sometimes connection problems happen, but I've never had a case where I've been racing with someone who I can see but they can't. Normally you both can't see each other because what if I hit you, would you just be hit by an invisible wall?. But you never know with the ps3 network I suppose.

I'm just frustrated because we never managed to fairly battle for the win against each other mate, you honestly can't say that you won the race fair and square after I was pushed around the first few laps? I was lucky to finish the race in 2nd after I was pushed onto the grass when we were braking towards the final chicane, just about held it where I normally would've spun out.

You make good points regarding the qualifying format and clean air. It sucks I couldn't see you as I really didn't have anybody to race with. Also wasn't sure if you could see me too so I did the only thing that seemed reasonable; just race my race and react to whom I could see.
I sent a picture of the start grid to everybody who raced over psn, so go check that out 👍.

P.S. Don't leave the series Chris! We like ya here:cheers:

I think that the race should be separated from the Q period to sort stuff out. It also gives you a break so your not going directly from a hot lap to the start. Grid penalties can be carried over, and bad connections can be sent to the back along with late arrives who otherwise couldn't join.

Here is AGRO's final and and race-winning tune for Suzuka, please check it out as it is radically different to other 'final' tunes and if you like it please rate it here: AGRO's Suzuka Tune :)

LOTUSTUNE04AgroSuzuka.jpg

hey guys ,
life has beaten ps3 on sunday ^^
quite sadly because was finally getting faster...

hope you had a nice race .
see you next raceday ;)

Sad we didn't see ya on sunday:(. Good think we have a couple of drop scores to use.

I was curious to see what you guys think about the additional wing and Aerodynamic packages that you can add to these cars, as far as, do they make a difference and which ones are best? I didn't find out that you can add these parts to the car until about a week or so ago after I've been racing them for a few months. I put one of the wings on the cars and noticed that you can add more downforce on those "aftermarket" wings than the original wing, even though it appears I don't need the extra downforce. Just seeing if it's worth the investment. Thanks for any information.

I was curious to see what you guys think about the additional wing and Aerodynamic packages that you can add to these cars, as far as, do they make a difference and which ones are best? I didn't find out that you can add these parts to the car until about a week or so ago after I've been racing them for a few months. I put one of the wings on the cars and noticed that you can add more downforce on those "aftermarket" wings than the original wing, even though it appears I don't need the extra downforce. Just seeing if it's worth the investment. Thanks for any information.

lol. I didnt know of this eather m8?

I posted a piece earlier on them, they can make a big difference in performance but it depends on driver style and track configuration and setup... On Spa a/b would be my choice!

Damn I think I missed the Spa practice race, I cant ever get on early enough on fridays. Oh well. I haven't figured out those rear wings, I would think "A" would be the top speed wing and "C" would be the downforce wing but then again they all seem pretty identical, seems like I can never get any faster by changing my wings or settings.... :banghead:

I posted a piece earlier on them, they can make a big difference in performance but it depends on driver style and track configuration and setup... On Spa a/b would be my choice!

Can you send a link, please? Could not find it.

Damn I think I missed the Spa practice race, I cant ever get on early enough on fridays. Oh well. I haven't figured out those rear wings, I would think "A" would be the top speed wing and "C" would be the downforce wing but then again they all seem pretty identical, seems like I can never get any faster by changing my wings or settings.... :banghead:

It's like the faster you are to the speed of light the harder it becomes to go any faster! When I said A/B would be better for the Spa, I definitely meant a 'dry' Spa... last night was very interesting... in 100% wet practice I was nearly 2 seconds off two of the guys there (don't know what wing they were using - NearFear and FearNear) they were clocking 2.04s comfortably, but in the race (80% weather 0% surface) with my A wing (and the RT Setup 6 6, 5 5, 7 7) under intermediate and dry conditions (40% down to 0%) I was very much the faster...

And that is something else everyone has to be careful about... TYRES! So the track was set at 0% start but with 80% rain so it started to rain immediately... unfortunately I was on WET tyres (not Inters) so I had to pit at the end of Lap 1, whereas the leaders pit one less time than me... BE VERY CAREFUL WITH TYRE SELECTION before entering qualifying because you can't change it for the race start!

I would say Dry tyres can operate between 0% to 30/35% Inters 25% to 55/60% and above WETS. And if the track is at 0% and it is definitely raining, you can do one or two things, start on SOFTS (which takes you higher up the grid in qualifying) and hope the weather works in your favour, or start on Inters and hope... the weather works in your favour! The great thing is that rain really does mix up the racing because it is unpredictable and a real challenge! I only made one mistake in 22 laps...

With a few laps to go I was only 9seconds off the leader and catching fast but in pure Arty style... I spun!!! It was a great race, even if they was on 8 entries and only 6 finishers, we've got to find a solution to accommodate everyone... this Sunday there is MONZA, 27 LAPS... DRY!

In terms of wing differences, the thing I'd recommend you do is buy 5 Lotuses, fit all the different wings on them (keeping one car as a spare to try aero kits) and then taking them around on a circuit... yesterday I took a C Wing out on track at 100% wet Spa and it was easy, then I took my A Wing out and I was a second faster but scared lol Of course, I didn't adjust the suspension to match the wing but you immediately feel the difference... I recommend Type A wing because it reduces rear downforce in a way that makes me feel I can dance the car around corners...

The general rule of thumb for 850bhp:

Fast circuits (Monza / Spa) or circuits where you need to compensate for front tyrewear (i,e, Tokyo): Type A/B
Any circuits: Regular (Aug used regular at Silverstone, Agro used regular at Suzuka, but arguably the quickest single lap driver was Evo and he used the A wing on those tracks)
Slow circuits where traction is crucial: Type C (Monaco) (though at 850bhp any wing will be fine)

I'm not familiar on how to set up the car for Monza and I am practicing for another series I'm in so thanks for the invitation @Weider but yeah. And I'm not very loved here either, after Fuji and that thing with yadeegson...

Damn I've twisted my back again, keep doing that and pinching a nerve or something. Need to get that sorted out, makes it tough to drive on GT6.
I'm hoping practicing spa will be easy, as its not as hard as Suzuka. I'm thinking about doing a red bull junior race or something on the same track the day before or something, so if were at Spa doing a 20 lapper in a different car, F3, RB junior, or shifter Karts even. The Karts are fun, the Red Bull Kart has such good handling, I imagine the racing would be entertaining.

I studied the different aero packages a little bit. Standard has wings on the deck of the car beside the cockpit/driver's box and fins on the inside of the tires. Package A has all of that except the fins by the tires. Package B excludes all of those components. Package C has air scoops, not sure for what, in place of the wings on the deck like in package a and the fins on the inside of the tires again.

My question is, if those wings in front of the rear tires are taken off(package b), will the car speed up or slow down? It seems it would speed up since there are less components on the car, which would make less downforce and more speed, but if those wings aren't in front of the rear tires, the air would hit the tires and slow it down...??? Am I putting too much thought into this and not making sense or does it seem reasonable? I guess the only way to really know would be to try.

I studied the different aero packages a little bit. Standard has wings on the deck of the car beside the cockpit/driver's box and fins on the inside of the tires. Package A has all of that except the fins by the tires. Package B excludes all of those components. Package C has air scoops, not sure for what, in place of the wings on the deck like in package a and the fins on the inside of the tires again.

My question is, if those wings in front of the rear tires are taken off(package b), will the car speed up or slow down? It seems it would speed up since there are less components on the car, which would make less downforce and more speed, but if those wings aren't in front of the rear tires, the air would hit the tires and slow it down...??? Am I putting too much thought into this and not making sense or does it seem reasonable? I guess the only way to really know would be to try.

Welcome to the Dark Art of Formula One!!!

Round 6 -- Suzuka
Race Results

Huge thanks to those that attended.

Well done to all those that finished.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus Points

Pole Position
@xChris93_
1:30.083
Fastest Lap

@GT_Vette
1:29.246
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Full Results:

Championship tables can be found here.

Stewards Report

Drivers: @Rich S (L29) , @VectorPath
Incident: Vectorpath is a lap down and moving slowly after an accident. He doesn't see rich s soon enough and gets in his way for a short period of time.
Verdict: Warning @VectorPath

Race Director Notes

Some of you may be aware of the invisibility issues between Chris and Agro this race. We are working on a solution behind the scenes, and their points will be edited in to the tables at a later date.

Drivers Brief:
Spa
Sunday, December 14, 2014
15:00 EST(GMT -5)Room Open

Laps: 34
Classifiable laps: 26
Weather/Changeability/Surface water: 30/0/0

Pit entry:
Pit entry is on drivers right during the final chicane. It can be tricky, so make sure you practice it.

Pit exit:
You exit the pits after T1. Make sure you stay inside the lines.

Other Notes:
Good luck, and see you there!

Hopefully I can race Sunday, my spine is twisted, when I take my shirt off it looks sick, my torso is in a different angle from my lower half. I need to see a chiropractor or something lol. It happened to me a month ago but it must have accidentally popped itself back in place, now it wont.

Back