[FGTA][GT300][ENDURANCE]xChris is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 2,179 comments
I'm online in 20 p's typing takes all the time so mic on if you have 1 if you don't still text eneyone you can mute if need b so everyone gets the way you like .

A lot of series say cars damaged or getting lapped should drive on the inside of the track (basically which side the pit entrance is on, if the pit is on the outside then you would stick to the outside of the track). Better than saying stick to racing line imo, as some people's idea of the racing line is different to others.

Unfortunately I won't be online until I get back from holiday on the 25th, so you won't see me on track until the event on 26th :(

A lot of series say cars damaged or getting lapped should drive on the inside of the track (basically which side the pit entrance is on, if the pit is on the outside then you would stick to the outside of the track). Better than saying stick to racing line imo, as some people's idea of the racing line is different to others.

Unfortunately I won't be online until I get back from holiday on the 25th, so you won't see me on track until the event on 26th :(
Its not always easy, as there are many places on tracks where series of fast bends have the inside both sides and we dont really want drivers crossing from left to right to stay on the inside of these.

I also think that the more we race together drivers will get to know who the lapping car coming up behind them is, and its more important that the driver being lapped makes it clear which side he expects the lapping car to pass.
There are also sections where its impossible to move to one side or stay out the way well over to one side of the track, so the lapping car may have to wait a few corners until there is a section that allows this.
Thats how i see it.

Its not always easy, as there are many places on tracks where series of fast bends have the inside both sides and we dont really want drivers crossing from left to right to stay on the inside of these.

I also think that the more we race together drivers will get to know who the lapping car coming up behind them is, and its more important that the driver being lapped makes it clear which side he expects the lapping car to pass.
There are also sections where its impossible to move to one side or stay out the way well over to one side of the track, so the lapping car may have to wait a few corners until there is a section that allows this.
Thats how i see it.

I mean the inside side of the track, not the inside line for each corner. So on a clockwise track, the lapped driver will always be on the right-hand side (inside) of the track. The person lapping will then know that he always has the left side of the track to get past the slower/damaged driver. Considering there's more right-handers than lefts on a clockwise track this isn't ideal as you'll most likely need to make the overtake on the outside but the person your lapping should make it easy for you. It's better to have damaged cars on the pit entrance side so they don't have to cut across the track when heading into the pits.

I mean the inside side of the track, not the inside line for each corner. So on a clockwise track, the lapped driver will always be on the right-hand side (inside) of the track. The person lapping will then know that he always has the left side of the track to get past the slower/damaged driver. Considering there's more right-handers than lefts on a clockwise track this isn't ideal as you'll most likely need to make the overtake on the outside but the person your lapping should make it easy for you. It's better to have damaged cars on the pit entrance side so they don't have to cut across the track when heading into the pits.
Yes, badly damaged cars going slowly as well as cars being lapped, maybe and idea to keep them all to the inside.
See what others post.

Lol that's armchair racing , rattling it together , comfy seat like my 56 Capri​

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    518.2 KB · Views: 7
I want to say sorry Mr Vann yes it was the corner cutting being on that's all good and will not dout your word again.
Thats cool, i had no idea that happened, and i had put the corner cutting penalty on
when we were at Monz, and just changed the track to rome.
The only reason i kept asking you about it yesterday as i could not work out what you meant, and i always listen to what you say Vic, so i kept asking.

Eneyone how needs to practice getting two grips with these cars I have a room open hopefully most of 2 day if I don't get two bored lol I will have a go on all the tracks 2 day lol I like to be prepared lol lol

Thats cool, i had no idea that happened, and i had put the corner cutting penalty on
when we were at Monz, and just changed the track to rome.
The only reason i kept asking you about it yesterday as i could not work out what you meant, and i always listen to what you say Vic, so i kept asking.
It's okay cause you woodent let it go just given me more dout as I said we check it out later and see I owe you aapology all good PS Can I just as well two over drivers me having a discussion and as such it's sorted so do not need eney fuel on the fire thanks

Vic, do you not go to work ?
No I gave up working 8 years ago two look after my little princess cause I hat two get me and her away from bad people so.I was self employed Carpet fitter working for different exhibition firm's cause there only need lots of fitters two do a show there all got there fingers in different bit's ove the pie so if you're a good Carpet fitter like me I've been lucky enough to travel to job's all around the world :)

Back