[FGTA][GT300][ENDURANCE]xChris is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter azidahaka
  • 2,179 comments
hi seven - yes just watched it, poor you and guevenm i dont know why it happens, you got bad damage and so did gueven, when you both were driving fine.
It does seem gueven seems to get lag more than most, although it may be brands hatch, as we have had lag here before at the start.
Its a hard track in the dry, and the wet is harder, so you dont get help with damage from lag, its a shame, i dont know why but i guess its just life, we just have to accept it happens.

Dont worry, you will improve, and with a wheel be much easier.

Dont worry Seven, yopu did well to do what you did.

get ready fopr next week at rome, i will see you in practice.

Check out Guevs lag and lap 7 where it freaked out on me , no lag apart from my lack of speed on mine , will get faster guys , only done about 40 laps on that track before that race
It's a very tricky track. The lines are a bit different in any one car. Turn 2, 4, 5, and 7 come to mind. With a wet track you'll want straighten out your exits turn 2, 4, and 8 to get traction, whereas the rest of the corners you want to roll the car as much as possible with perhaps a bit of steady trail braking in the entry, and a neutral throttle to the exit.

How was Brands with the weather? Did it get a nice dry racing mind by the end?
It was a good race i would say.
Agro, new to our series won and by a long way. Very very fast, especially in the wet at the start 60%. We had to have a second pace lap and we had some lag and it worked well considering its the first time we have used SC to have a second lap, as in the past we would have had to stop and restart the race maybe in a new room as there would have been lots of crashes maybe if we had the normal race start without the first pace lap we do, and then the race would have overun on time, and some people would have had to quit, as they either had to go to work or it would have been midnight, depending on where in the world you were. So the safety pace laps at least keep the race going and the race will always finish 90 minutes from the start.
Race started at 60% wet and after 2 pace laps was down to 28% and everyone was on full wet tyres except vic who was on inters, but all changed to slicks by lap 8, but even up to lap 15 there were still wet patches offline so it made it very interesting for those that ran wide and got on those and slithered about.
There were a few incidents but i have not yet reported on those as i have not had time yet. Rome next Monday.

Watched the race last night for about 30 min, and it was great to watch. a lot of spins ,I saw that during a couple laps Gueven has some heavy lag. Indeed Agro is very very fast:tup: The weird thing is that even on RS with a wet track, peoples did almost same time as on dry track. While i saw Logic doing great laps on the W tires. If the track would be dry, the tires would use way more but they didn’t. was the track drying up to the end? What was the end result? Looking out to next Monday :)

Watched the race last night for about 30 min, and it was great to watch. a lot of spins ,I saw that during a couple laps Gueven has some heavy lag. Indeed Agro is very very fast:tup: The weird thing is that even on RS with a wet track, peoples did almost same time as on dry track. While i saw Logic doing great laps on the W tires. If the track would be dry, the tires would use way more but they didn’t. was the track drying up to the end? What was the end result? Looking out to next Monday :)
When i watched the replay, it was a bit confusing, as the replay shows people still have damage after they have made a pitstop. Also it does not always show they have the tyres they say they do on at the time.
It said that Vic had Inters at the race start, and pitted on lap 3 and stayed on inters, and by then it was 5% wet track, so i am sure he must have changed to rs - but the replay i watched said he stayed on inters.
I must admit that i thought vic would benefit from starting on inters, as is was quite dry after the 2 safety car laps we had.

The lag yes, it was fine in some parts of the track and jerky in others, i cant understand it, i have practiced a lot with gueven, with many other cars in the room, and he never has any lag, but i do remember at Brands last season he suffered with lag, as he did at Motegi, its really sad, as Gueven does a lot of practice, and he is very polite and a real nice guy, and i want to make sure when people message Gueven lagging, that its not personal, and lost in translation, like he is doing something wrong, as i dont want him to feel its his fault, as its not, its the game.

I felt overall the weather was pretty realistic, i was certainly glad it dried out rather than got wetter and wetter and that would have been a hard hard race at 100% for most of it.

We still had wet patches offline deep into the race and thats how it should be.

Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_2.jpg
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_3.jpg
Ok guys, i have had no actual reports to the stewards about any bad driving from last nights race.
I know its only practice races but its very important that we have reports posted about any incidents where cars touch.

I have watched the replay and tried to see where i could drivers that were a little over aggressive. I have re watched incidents from both cars and many vies to make sure i am being as fair as possible.

The races are long and there is no need to touch another car.

This is not meant to upset or pick on drivers, but its is important that we have ultra clean races as we are racing or prizes and i want all drivers to try and be as they would in real life.

Smiley, on a couple of occasions you were a little but over aggressive, you did put other drivers in positions where there could have been a contact if they had not themselves taken avoiding actions and not kept on their line.
The only incident i saw that could have been reported was you bumped into Vic, on entry to cleraways, only a small bump but a contact, and you were both fine. However if vic would have reported the incident in the real series, the stewards may well have given you a -1 point penalty for avoidable contact.
Apart from that you were fast and clean.

Flank, you made contact with me at the entry to paddock hill bend, you were much faster than me, it was early in the race around lap 7 ish i think.
I was on the racing line and you dived inside me and gave me nowhere to go and we made contact, you did nearly bump me onto the wet track and i would have spun but in the end all was ok, however a stewards investigation may well have awarded you -2 penalty points for avoidable contact.

Karsten pics above
Well mate yours was bad i am afraid.
You even messaged that the other driver was at fault during the race.
Well i have watched this many times now karsten and in my opinion this was totally your fault.

You will see from the 3 images below, that seven had left at least 50% of the track width clear.

He is in his first run with us and was struggling - you were lapping him, he slowed as best he could when i lapped him and moved aside - so i thought it odd he would not do the same for you.

This crash was a little like Schumacher and coulthard at spa many years ago, Seven had backed of and you were at full speed. You hit him with your front left and his rear right - you both had major damage and then you messaged that he was in your way.

I am not the only steward - and others may like to post their views as we are all friends and i like to think a happy family whatever happens during the race, we know you did not intend to hit him, but you were the overtaking driver and it was your responsibility to avoid contact.

If it was real series race i would have suggested a -12 points penalty as it caused major damage.

Last edited:
View attachment 289597 View attachment 289597 View attachment 289598 View attachment 289600 View attachment 289601 Ok guys, i have had no actual reports to the stewards about any bad driving from last nights race.
I know its only practice races but its very important that we have reports posted about any incidents where cars touch.

I have watched the replay and tried to see where i could drivers that were a little over aggressive. I have re watched incidents from both cars and many vies to make sure i am being as fair as possible.

The races are long and there is no need to touch another car.

This is not meant to upset or pick on drivers, but its is important that we have ultra clean races as we are racing or prizes and i want all drivers to try and be as they would in real life.

Smiley, on a couple of occasions you were a little but over aggressive, you did put other drivers in positions where there could have been a contact if they had not themselves taken avoiding actions and not kept on their line.
The only incident i saw that could have been reported was you bumped into Vic, on entry to cleraways, only a small bump but a contact, and you were both fine. However if vic would have reported the incident in the real series, the stewards may well have given you a -1 point penalty for avoidable contact.
Apart from that you were fast and clean.

Flank, you made contact with me at the entry to paddock hill bend, you were much faster than me, it was early in the race around lap 7 ish i think.
I was on the racing line and you dived inside me and gave me nowhere to go and we made contact, you did nearly bump me onto the wet track and i would have spun but in the end all was ok, however a stewards investigation may well have awarded you -2 penalty points for avoidable contact.

Karsten pics above
Well i have watched this many times now karsten and in my opinion this was totally your fault.

You will see from the 3 images below, that seven had left at least 50% of the track width clear.

He is in his first run with us and was struggling - you were lapping him, he slowed as best he could when i lapped him and moved aside - so i thought it odd he would not do the same for you.

This crash was a little like Schumacher and coulthard at spa many years ago, Seven had backed of and you were at full speed. You hit him with your front left and his rear right - you both had major damage and then you messaged that he was in your way.

I am not the only steward - and others may like to post their views as we are all friends and i like to think a happy family whatever happens during the race, we know you did not intend to hit him, but you were the overtaking driver and it was your responsibility to avoid contact.

If it was real series race i would have suggested a -12 points penalty as it caused major damage.

That is the way i drive. If half of track is empty, why not.
Yes i bumped Vic on braking (very sorry), he was fine, i went behind and that was it. It wasn`t avoidable contact
Otherwise that is driving - no racing. We also tried with Karsten both in corner :), i finished off track, but there was no contact.👍
Better to wait i know....
It happens when racing.

If i am not good or clean or fair enough please let me know.
Done some real racing, know the rules and can imagine how it is like.

Karsten pics above

Not at all how i saw it. He had a bad out of the turn before the straight moved from right to left, then to right again while slowing down. I Moved from racing line to the left saw him slowing down and moved on right side of track full throttle. He moved again and i had no chance for a third sudden line change on wet. Coulthard didnd move from oof line, racing line, off line again.

In any case nevermind. I prefer not to think about it again. You missed the other crash i was into too :D

That is the way i drive. If half of track is empty, why not.
Yes i bumped Vic on braking (very sorry), he was fine, i went behind and that was it. It wasn`t avoidable contact
Otherwise that is driving - no racing. We also tried with Karsten both in corner :), i finished off track, but there was no contact.👍
Better to wait i know....
It happens when racing.

If i am not good or clean or fair enough please let me know.
Done some real racing, know the rules and can imagine how it is like.
It was exciting and clean battle. Had other good ones along the race.

Well at the end of the day it was a practice race, no one complained, no one reported any incidents, no one felt they were bashed badly enough to make a post, so all in all a good race in very tricky conditions.
Flank was very very fast, as was kossu, and mistakes in the end made them further down the final standings than they should have been.

Not at all how i saw it. He had a bad out of the turn before the straight moved from right to left, then to right again while slowing down. I Moved from racing line to the left saw him slowing down and moved on right side of track full throttle. He moved again and i had no chance for a third sudden line change on wet. Coulthard didnd move from oof line, racing line, off line again.

In any case nevermind. I prefer not to think about it again. You missed the other crash i was into too :D
Karsten, you know i love you, i hate that you are disappointed so much after every race.

Guess i should start looking at my limits and aim for top of room 2 :D I'm honestly getting a bit bored of test races, i think i'll feel better when real things start rolling. I'm sure crashes like the one i had with seven (that again was like 6 laps down for he stopped in boxes and exited right in front of me >_>) or tnt (a mistake on his side, but race related; his car slipped too much) won't happen.

At least we're a few weeks away from the season start!

Guess i should start looking at my limits and aim for top of room 2 :D I'm honestly getting a bit bored of test races, i think i'll feel better when real things start rolling. I'm sure crashes like the one i had with seven (that again was like 6 laps down for he stopped in boxes and exited right in front of me >_>) or tnt (a mistake on his side, but race related; his car slipped too much) won't happen.

At least we're a few weeks away from the season start!
Last pretend race at Rome next week, then the Monday after everyone will be there for the 1st official test race.
Kasrten - i want your opinion honestly-

The process of qualy and race etc etc needs to be made exactly the same each week at exactly the same time so everyone knows the system.

When we have 2 rooms, again this will need to be done with both rooms the same at the same time.

The timing is excellent, i think. But i need you to tell me you are happy with it.

Karsten, you know i love you, i hate that you are disappointed so much after every race.
Here's an idear when am coming up on that sort of thing I go as wide as possible not tuke in behind a car that he can't keep straight and I did see the right left and right again if you were driving wide as I said you would have been fine ???

Logic do you mean turn 1 or 2?

If it was turn 2 i thought i pulled a brilliant move on you.

If it was turn 1, that was when kossu pulled out of the pits right infront of us when we were side by side? nothing i could do really. And i'm sure he cut the white line.

Logic do you mean turn 1 or 2?

If it was turn 2 i thought i pulled a brilliant move on you.

If it was turn 1, that was when kossu pulled out of the pits right infront of us when we were side by side? nothing i could do really. And i'm sure he cut the white line.
Turn i was the only time you touched me flank, and no damage was done.
To be honest when i looked behind and saw how fast you were coming through i thought you would end up in the gravel taking such a tight line, but you held it all together with a little help from me, lol.
You were mega quick in the first few laps when it was damp and patchy wet, i really dont know how you didnt crash more.

Yes turn 2 another lap, i was happy to give you room and yes you were happy to take it, no way i could go as quick as you were, far too risky for me and you were going to pass me sooner rather than later, but you had great speed flank.

I must admit i didnt check kossu pit exit, and yes if he did go over the white lines while cars were coming we should tell him off.

I think its important we can all speak freely and in a friendly manner about incidents, they dont need to be accusing, i am sure we all want each other to do well, in fact flank i was hoping you were going to chase down and catch Agro, as he must think we are all quite a slow bunch, lol.

When the series starts officialy there may be things that dont get sorted so easily, but many of us have raced and trained with each other quite a lot and we get to know what to expect from each other during races.
New joiners to the series may not be quite as friendly as we all are, we shall have to wait and see.

Last pretend race at Rome next week, then the Monday after everyone will be there for the 1st official test race.
Kasrten - i want your opinion honestly-

The process of qualy and race etc etc needs to be made exactly the same each week at exactly the same time so everyone knows the system.

When we have 2 rooms, again this will need to be done with both rooms the same at the same time.

The timing is excellent, i think. But i need you to tell me you are happy with it.

I was positive i told you already that they work well and with more than one steward posting the q sessions from both rooms all will be smooth

Yeah i would never of touched you in that corner but with kossu flying out of the pits, well lets say i got woke up sharpish lol.

As for Agro, he pit on lap 2 for RS and i had to go in next lap for them. I think we had a good 5 or 6 laps ahead of everyone and pulled open a massive gap. On the timings i was matching Agro for times and gaining a little on others. What i didn't account for was the wear on my tyres and the fuel usage (not enough practice). So i ran a lot longer than i should on warn tyres losing 2 to 3 secs a lap. I also had to pit on the last lap for fuel.

Overall it was a good race and i think i learned a lot about the rain again and wouldn't be so far behind the winner next time.

And on a side note the rain didn't work to well. RS on lap 2 after starting at 60% was a bit unrealistic. I was counting on it being Inters weather as i was very fast at 30%.

I guess it was a bit 50/50 with karst , I could see him in my rear view coming up and just tried to get out of the way , I prob set the chain in motion by twitching first as I wasn't sure which way he was going for a moment , I will stay on line from now ,
I will be better in Rome I know that track , brands got the better of me , as vette says a very tricky track
No bad feelings karst I hope

Here's an idear when am coming up on that sort of thing I go as wide as possible not tuke in behind a car that he can't keep straight and I did see the right left and right again if you were driving wide as I said you would have been fine ???
i just dont think karsten realised how much slower seven was going i guess.

I guess it was a bit 50/50 with karst , I could see him in my rear view coming up and just tried to get out of the way , I prob set the chain in motion by twitching first as I wasn't sure which way he was going for a moment , I will stay on line from now ,
I will be better in Rome I know that track , brands got the better of me , as vette says a very tricky track
No bad feelings karst I hope
Yes i have to say i was really surprised at how quickly the track dried.

In 40 minute practice races we have done it has taken a lot longer to dry out.
The only thing i can think is that when i reset the room, just before the race i did not check it was back on times 1 so maybe that could be the reason.

Back