[FGTA] Renault Megane/Toyota 86 Endurance Challenge -- VELOCI_2NR and ares118785 class winners!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 173 comments

PLEASE READ THE MASTER POST BEFORE VOTING! Now with that out of the way... Where do we race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I definitely had ares at the finish, I was passing 2 Toyotas all night. Jay and Smith were the only two drivers who retired from the race.

Did anyone have any issues seeing anyone on track? I actually had all 11 for once.

Flip you mentioned moving up the start time...it was 1am CENTRAL when we finished..I think too late for East Coasters.

This race was nearly 2 hours, which was a little longer than I though it was going to be. The races we will do will be 90 minutes, and I predict that they will end at about 1:15 am EST because of qualifying. This isn't too far off of what running two races in the TC series was.

I definitely had ares at the finish, I was passing 2 Toyotas all night. Jay and Smith were the only two drivers who retired from the race.

Did anyone have any issues seeing anyone on track? I actually had all 11 for once.
The Megane order appears wrong at the back. I ran as high as 4th and was 5 th when the run ended. As time ran out I let Ech alongside into Druids...not that it matters but we probably have more than one replay saved.. I for one would love to see one as I have no idea what happened in The Race...only my race...and that got confusing. Toward the end I was suddenly one lap down (instead of 3) and in Fourth. It may be that with the new mod the System won't properly handle timing and scoring Unless you use the time feature. I never got a Velocity Starting last lap but I did get a Flip starting last lap. If we do not have 16 drivers it would be a good idea to have a commentator as we don't have team managers and horribly we have no splits or even more importantly no idea if the car behind is "for position".

But I FING LOVED IT. That (50) was the longest I have ever driven at one time...and more importantly I set a lap time and was generally in it all race except for traffic and one "four on the grass" out of the little kink after Dingle Dell was completely between the grass...which was my only goal.

The Megane order appears wrong at the back. I ran as high as 4th and was 5 th when the run ended. As time ran out I let Ech alongside into Druids...not that it matters but we probably have more than one replay saved.. I for one would love to see one as I have no idea what happened in The Race...only my race...and that got confusing. Toward the end I was suddenly one lap down (instead of 3) and in Fourth. It may be that with the new mod the System won't properly handle timing and scoring Unless you use the time feature. I never got a Velocity Starting last lap but I did get a Flip starting last lap. If we do not have 16 drivers it would be a good idea to have a commentator as we don't have team managers and horribly we have no splits or even more importantly no idea if the car behind is "for position".

But I FING LOVED IT. That (50) was the longest I have ever driven at one time...and more importantly I set a lap time and was generally in it all race except for traffic and one "four on the grass" out of the little kink after Dingle Dell was completely between the grass...which was my only goal.

I believe that the new endurance system will be able to deal with the DNF problem that's there, and tell you how many laps down you are at the end of the race. It appears to be when the timer runs out and the leader hits the finish line, the next time you hit the line ends the race. But again, we'll get to play around with this stuff.

This race was nearly 2 hours, which was a little longer than I though it was going to be. The races we will do will be 90 minutes, and I predict that they will end at about 1:15 am EST because of qualifying. This isn't too far off of what running two races in the TC series was.
Prefer the 2 hours..more strategy...or make it one tire change...IMHO

How about we do it again next week. Is it ok with you Flip if we get another interim host and run 90 min time with endurance start. I need to do this allot...or we could do it with GSCC cars as a test....which would be better to really see what the cars will do. Unofficial...call it a race conditions test session.it will also test pit road qualifying and endurance standing start..timer and results....all the new stuff. Just a thought. Who wants in?

Last edited:
How about we do it again next week. Is it ok with you Flip if we get another interim host and run 90 min time with endurance start. I need to do this allot...or we could do it with GSCC cars as a test....which would be better to really see what the cars will do. Unofficial...call it a race conditions test session.it will also test pit road qualifying and endurance standing start..timer and results....all the new stuff. Just a thought. Who wants in?
I can run another Enduro next Thursday night and get it started at least 30 minutes earlier. I have a race under my sleeve for it.

Which cars?
Either we run the next seasons cars or I have a 2 class no tuning race we can do.

Or strike the 2 class make it one class no tuning race

Also if people are up for it, I would like to see if we run a Enduro with mics on with the possible notion it may be buggy to also see if that would work...

It looks like everyone had that problem but me. I got in the pits around lap 22 for my first set of softs, then at lap 49 for my second set. I could have made the first set last another 5 to 8 laps but decided to run in early.

My pit strategy was 15 on the meds and then two 30's on the softs, but my buildings fire alarm had other plans :grumpy:

Either we run the next seasons cars or I have a 2 class no tuning race we can do.

Also if people are up for it, I would like to see if we run a Enduro with mics on with the possible notion it may be buggy to also see if that would work...
I have another idea if you would PM me.

My pit strategy was 15 on the meds and then two 30's on the softs, but my buildings fire alarm had other plans :grumpy:
Cheered when I saw you pit...then mentally apologized when you were still there the next lap...knew something was up. BTW saw message from Alien and saw him beside road a clearways...was that a bug??

If you guys want to get something together this week, I'm all for it. Get a feel for how the new features work and all that good stuff. :D
Feel free to so something with my specs, but if you do an untuned thing, that may get people in who otherwise wouldn't. So that may not be a bad idea.

I'll be back the following week, and we can take off with the GSCC stuff.

My pit strategy was 15 on the meds and then two 30's on the softs, but my buildings fire alarm had other plans
the softs would have lasted, but in the heat I did not know how far ahead Flip was. Found an optimum amount of laps right before the race for them to keep a good time running. Shame I spun, needed 5 more laps :-(

Cheered when I saw you pit...then mentally apologized when you were still there the next lap...knew something was up. BTW saw message from Alien and saw him beside road a clearways...was that a bug??
I was in an out there Nail, someone else was probably in the pit.

the softs would have lasted, but in the heat I did not know how far ahead Flip was. Found an optimum amount of laps right before the race for them to keep a good time running. Shame I spun, needed 5 more laps :-(

I forgot entirely what I did, but I wanted to split the race into thirds, and stretch the softs for 25 laps. Which wasn't impossible, but they did fall off. That was one of the reasons why Somebody caught up, it was inevitable. That, and me driving like an idiot.
That said, I liked that I saw a few different strategies. I was surprised at the number of people who started on mediums. That'll make the season interesting.

Nope I was referring to DR

Spec either way

Also if people are up for it, I would like to see if we run a Enduro with mics on with the possible notion it may be buggy to also see if that would work...[/quote] Mikes would be great.

Flip you mentioned moving up the start time...it was 1am CENTRAL when we finished..I think too late for East Coasters.
Wasn't really an issue of race time just me not taking my butt to bed when I should lately plus dealing with work and school. I will definitely rest up more for season races. I'm good with the race start time because any earlier could possibly be a problem for me.

I forgot entirely what I did, but I wanted to split the race into thirds, and stretch the softs for 25 laps. Which wasn't impossible, but they did fall off. That was one of the reasons why Somebody caught up, it was inevitable. That, and me driving like an idiot.
That said, I liked that I saw a few different strategies. I was surprised at the number of people who started on mediums. That'll make the season interesting.
Anything going this week?

Back