[FGTA] Renault Megane/Toyota 86 Endurance Challenge -- VELOCI_2NR and ares118785 class winners!Finished 

• Thread starter flip55
  • 173 comments

PLEASE READ THE MASTER POST BEFORE VOTING! Now with that out of the way... Where do we race?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Veloci, have you tried to ride with these settings on the brand, if so, what times you obtain, my best was
1:31, 630.

No, i haven't run a lap in the 86 yet. I could run a couple laps later today for a comparison though.

EDIT: Ran a couple laps at spec and it runs 1:28.mid on softs

Last edited:
One of the things I wanted to ask you guys about it tire wear. We briefly tried both, and here's what I predict happening.

With fast tire wear, everyone will probably have to make 2, maybe 3 pit stops depending on a few things. Fuel on the Renault is good for about 28 laps (from my super rough numbers). I admittedly have no data for the Toyota, but I don't think it'll be all that different, probably 2 stops. And we saw last night that tire wear was pretty quick.

With normal wear, I do not have as much data... but on fuel, I think 1 stop in 75 laps is possible for both classes. Tire wear appears to take much, much longer to happen.

So for what I see, fast wear will rely more on tire management and pit strategy. Normal may be more about all out pace. And I haven't considered the tire switch yet, of course the mediums will last longer, but be slower in pace. One thing we could to with normal is force everyone to make 2 pit stops in the race. Like the DTM used to do last season (of course, they changed their rules this year). Just an idea.

I will let you guys tell me what you think.
This is my opinion. I think you guys want pits strategy make sense. This is a mix of driving style, how conserve tires, lost time in pits vs lost time in track with death tires... If you put mandatory 2 pit stop normal wear, only have one strategy on pits... 2 pits stop. soft, soft and mediums... nothing more... and going to pits not for needed... is because is mandatory.
If you really want pits strategy make sense, put fast tire wear... its going to be a mix of strategy. 2,3 or 4 pits stops... and the driving style its going to be important to save tires.
And remember, the tire wear is for everybody.

This is my opinion. I think you guys want pits strategy make sense. This is a mix of driving style, how conserve tires, lost time in pits vs lost time in track with death tires... If you put mandatory 2 pit stop normal wear, only have one strategy on pits... 2 pits stop. soft, soft and mediums... nothing more... and going to pits not for needed... is because is mandatory.
If you really want pits strategy make sense, put fast tire wear... its going to be a mix of strategy. 2,3 or 4 pits stops... and the driving style its going to be important to save tires.
And remember, the tire wear is for everybody.

It's a fine balance. Upping the tire wear will make it more about pit stops and conserving the car, running with normal tire wear will put more of an emphasis on racing. I want to find a good combination between the two, which is not proving to be easy. I think running with normal tire wear and forcing 2 pit stops is the best way to do that. That is part of the reason why we're running this event, to see what will work and what needs to be changed before the main series.

I disagree with there only being one strategy with a 2 pit stop race on normal wear. Soft/soft/medium is probably what most people will think of first. Not to give too much away, but I'm gambling that something else will work better for me in this race. I think this will also change depending on what track we race at in the main series, or how fast you are on a certain track. So I don't think every race will be S/S/M for everyone, it won't be that easy... Or that is exactly what will happen, that's entirely possible, too. We really won't know until we get going.

It's a fine balance. Upping the tire wear will make it more about pit stops and conserving the car, running with normal tire wear will put more of an emphasis on racing. I want to find a good combination between the two, which is not proving to be easy. I think running with normal tire wear and forcing 2 pit stops is the best way to do that. That is part of the reason why we're running this event, to see what will work and what needs to be changed before the main series.

I disagree with there only being one strategy with a 2 pit stop race on normal wear. Soft/soft/medium is probably what most people will think of first. Not to give too much away, but I'm gambling that something else will work better for me in this race. I think this will also change depending on what track we race at in the main series, or how fast you are on a certain track. So I don't think every race will be S/S/M for everyone, it won't be that easy... Or that is exactly what will happen, that's entirely possible, too. We really won't know until we get going.
If you want to put emphasis on racing, well, 20 laps is enough...
Man, you try to make a endurance series. Endurance is about conserving tires, pit stop strategy... and racing, for me this is a mini endurance, in real life, normal tire wear works because there is a 6 hours races and more (24). Here we have 1 1/2 hours endurance... well the virtual technology lets us to manipulate tire wear to make us feel we are in a real endurance series... with a lot of pits stop and all of that sh**... its just an opinion man... i going to race warever you decide jajaj... and believe me... now is 1 strategy... Always 2S and 1M. S/S/M... or S/M/S..., With fast wear we really going to have a lot mixed depending of the driving style... S/M/M, S/S/M, S/S/S/M, M/S/M/S, M/M/S... and more and more.

If you want to put emphasis on racing, well, 20 laps is enough...
Man, you try to make a endurance series. Endurance is about conserving tires, pit stop strategy... and racing, for me this is a mini endurance, in real life, normal tire wear works because there is a 6 hours races and more (24). Here we have 1 1/2 hours endurance... well the virtual technology lets us to manipulate tire wear to make us feel we are in a real endurance series... with a lot of pits stop and all of that sh**... its just an opinion man... i going to race warever you decide jajaj... and believe me... now is 1 strategy... Always 2S and 1M. S/S/M... or S/M/S..., With fast wear we really going to have a lot mixed depending of the driving style... S/M/M, S/S/M, S/S/S/M, M/S/M/S, M/M/S... and more and more.

Haven't done any tire testing yet, also not to give away strategy but s/s/m is not what I was thinking of doing. With the potential for an update tonight if we lose the tire glitch or it gets adjusted again it could make strategy really interesting. Also its more than just what you run when, its also how you break it up, I believe M is required for 5 laps so do you do the min number of laps? or more?

Why don't we practice with both settings tonight and see how it goes?

Last week, we did have a 25 lap race on fast wear. In the space of about 15 - 16 laps, the left front tire on the Renault was down to 5, so a stop would probably be every 20 laps if you're good on your tires. With normal, you would probably not have to worry about tire conservation as much, and it would be about all out pace. Which is why in this case, we would force 2 stops instead of you having to make 2 anyway. We can play with some things tonight and see what happens, I don't have as much info with normal wear on.

Looks like the new update altered the pit tire bug, so maybe multiple strategies will work now. Also, not confirmed, but the camber bug might be fixed too. I havent done any testing yet, so not 100% sure on that one.

Looks like the new update altered the pit tire bug, so maybe multiple strategies will work now. Also, not confirmed, but the camber bug might be fixed too. I havent done any testing yet, so not 100% sure on that one.

That is great news! I'm getting on and updating as I type, I have some things I'm going to take a look at in a bit.

So I just ran a little test of the new features.

Yes, the tire glitch seems to be okay! :D
We will run with normal tire wear. It may not seem like it, but I did run a very extended test on tires, and looking after the softs may not be as easy as everyone thinks. Fuel will not be an issue, so tire management will be important.

There are also two new things that were added with the update, and we I will clarify some things.

Even though race times can now be set by time, Thursday's race will remain unaffected. The race distance will still be 75 laps. (We're too close to the race to change things that drastic.)

We will try a new procedure for qualifying. They have added a feature where drivers will start from the pit lane instead of dumping everyone at the last corner on track. We will start qualifying from the pit lane, qualifying time will go up to 12 minutes.

This is just another reminder, we WILL start with 1 pace lap and a rolling start. NO overtaking on the first lap. Speed limit is 80 miles per hour. Formation point is at the second to last corner (the last left hander). Acceleration zone for the leader is anywhere between the pit wall beginning and the start/finish line. Once the leader goes, the race begins. I will post a picture later today to clarify this. And this will be brought up in the chat before the race.

Looks like ill have to withdraw. Sorry for the late notice but I just got a job interview and need to be up very early on Friday to go. Hope to see everyone on track soon.

Well you know just been planning world domination here instead of posting recently. Tonight the race will be real interesting :-) got a real good strategy where I don't even need to hit the gas pedal to be fast Muhahaha :-)

Well you know just been planning world domination here instead of posting recently. Tonight the race will be real interesting :-) got a real good strategy where I don't even need to hit the gas pedal to be fast Muhahaha :-)
Brands open friends only...trying to figure out G27...brake VERY difficult to use...might have to revert to the dreaded GTDF.

Brands open friends only...trying to figure out G27...brake VERY difficult to use...might have to revert to the dreaded GTDF.
Smooth transitions when braking, smooth power on too. Work on learning the brakes. Go into the license tests for braking to get a good feel for it, it will be extremely beneficial for you :-)

Just a few things for tonight.

1. Toyota drivers: Remember that you guys do not have to immediately jump out of the way for totally stop for the faster guys. You have your own race going on.

2. Renault drivers: Be smart about passing slower traffic. The opportunity will come, be patient.

3. As mentioned, we are doing a rolling start. So just a little bit of information on that.

It will be a double file start. Speed limit will be 80 miles per hour.

Formation point for the double file start will be after this corner (the second to last):

\
The lead driver will take the right side, second place the left.

Acceleration Zone for the start of the race will start at the beginning of the pit wall, which is the black Brands Hatch... thing... (I think it's a tire bundle). Once the leader passes this point, he may begin anytime before the start/finish line. The race is then under way.

And just as a small note:

Please observe the pit exit line. Although it is short here, don't cut across during the race.

That's it! See you guys tonight!

Smooth transitions when braking, smooth power on too. Work on learning the brakes. Go into the license tests for braking to get a good feel for it, it will be extremely beneficial for you :-)
Don´t forget the ABS.. i always run with ABS in 1... without ABS always block brakes

1. Toyota drivers: Remember that you guys do not have to immediately jump out of the way for totally stop for the faster guys. You have your own race going on.

2. Renault drivers: Be smart about passing slower traffic. The opportunity will come, be patient.

3. As mentioned, we are doing a rolling start. So just a little bit of information on that.

Formation point for the double file start will be after this corner (the second to last):

\

Acceleration Zone for the start of the race will start at the beginning of the pit wall, which is the black Brands Hatch... thing... (I think it's a tire bundle). Once the leader passes this point, he may begin anytime before the start/finish line. The race is then under way.

Please observe the pit exit line. Although it is short here, don't cut across during the race.

Flip, 75 laps its the distance for group A and B?... i ask because when the leader A finish, group B its going to need 5 or more laps to end.

\

Also remember the pit lane tries to dump you out heading across the pit out line.

Don´t forget the ABS.. i always run with ABS in 1... without ABS always block brakes
did that last night at Brands by mistake it cost me over 2 seconds a lap and multiple trips to the beach LOL.ALWAYS check settings and change oil before every meeting...or you'll be sorry just like I was. Tried G27....then reinstalled my GTDF...too much of a learning curve with a race tonight. Steering VERY sensitive (or rather GT too sloppy), paddle shifters WAY better. Pedals...horrible right now...takes beaucoup brake pressure....decided later was better. See ya on the grid. Page is up and my car is there...go ahead and use.
No Sierra !!!!

Back