[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
Unfortunately I will not be available to drive for any team this weekend. I have more pressing issues to deal with so I will be handling those before I worry about a race. Sorry guys, hopefully see you all on track soon. đź‘Ť

Tagging @Mini Stiggy and @merlinrichards as this prominently applies to them.

Well crap. Something came up and I won't be able to race today:irked:. At least I just started practicing today, so I didn't wast all my time:lol:

Sorry for not showing up tonight: Totally forgot about it. Playing with our new puppy, waiting for my dinner... I'm truly sorry.

Well that was unexpected...

So I start on mediums expecting to struggle off the pace of the leading cars. I qualify 5th just ahead of Pasm.
The start goes reasonable but my brother and his mate stopped over at the house for a while and my brother knocked off the power cable which meant I lost my FFB, spearing me into the gravel at Turn 1! But luckily I didn't get any damage. Took me about 15 seconds to sort it out leaving me 34 seconds off the lead with the slower tyre on. So pushed hard and stretched the stint out long for a short second stint on the mediums. Fitted the softs on lap 28 and did a unexpected PB of a 54.0 and gradually brought myself back into play with the leaders.

This did surprise me as I thought the top 3 were too fast for me to actually catch but anyway knuckled down to try and catch PASM who stopped earlier than me and was doing shorter stints, this meant I could make 1 less stop than him. After he stopped I was in second place reeling in RS who was on the mediums. On lap 48 he peels in and I knew I had to push as he was very fast on fresh mediums. Luckily for me PASM hindered his progress allowing me to stretch my gap up to 14 seconds when he peeled in on lap 51. I was due on lap 52 and RS had taken 1.1 out of me after 2 sectors so I guess I was lucky that he was held up.

I came in and fitted another set of softs for the dash to the finish. I rejoin behind rclark who was on old mediums (I believe) and struggling and just in front of Caine who was on worn softs. I clear clark after spending a lap behind and set off after RS, but things look bleak as his lap times keep the gap from going down fast enough for me to be able to catch him. However with 6 minutes to go he begins to lose some pace and I begin to close in... I start lap 60 2.7s behind him with 2 laps remaining and by my calculations I would only be onto his gearbox on the final lap... But he suddenly spins out after running wide onto the grass after the Senna S giving me a comfortable lead to the flag.

Also over fueled massively at the last stop, I had 40% of the tank still left :lol:

Last edited:
As promised:

A little naughty at 2nd chicane as I knew anyway, but mainly due to me messing up the previous corner, so even without the little cut, still time left on the lap.

Anyway, if everyone could fill out the report HERE, we can make a start on the stewarding. With so few running this week, we should be able to get the results up fairly quick, (providing people fill out the form). If it hasn't been done by Wednesday, we will post results regardless. I'm moving house end of next week so won't have time until the following week otherwise.

I never thought I could get pole position with -8pp, as I was in holiday 2 weeks and started testing on race day :eek:

After the start I was in lead for a good amount of time, then spun somewhere in the second last stint and got damage which slowed me down a bit. Meanwhile Nin had overtaken me with 1 pit stop ahead for both of us, both on softs. Nin pitted later than me, so he had better tyres til the end, but to be honest I didn't expect him to catch up again so fast! So I pushed the hell out of my car to keep the gap in between, but my tyres were just worn out too much, I overshot the car in turn 4, spun and Nin got the lead. All in all it was a very exciting race for me and I'm happy to take 2nd place, but now Monza is going to be a pain :D
It's a shame we couldn't battle again @gtpcaine :irked:

With so many absent for the next round due to the Nurb 6hrs, I am thinking of delaying round 8 by 1 week, to the 22nd November. Round 9 would remain on 29th November. Is there anyone who can't make the 22nd?

If that date isn't good for people, we will delay by two weeks and miss Red Bull Ring (potentially glitchy so I'm told).

With so many absent for the next round due to the Nurb 6hrs, I am thinking of delaying round 8 by 1 week, to the 22nd November. Round 9 would remain on 29th November. Is there anyone who can't make the 22nd?

If that date isn't good for people, we will delay by two weeks and miss Red Bull Ring (potentially glitchy so I'm told).
We will have the VLN on the 22nd. I'm not sure if I can race.

True, but as there are 3 days to pick from I'm sure you can arrange to drive in both. :sly:
Yeah well see. Also the 29th is part of Thanksgiving weekend. I won't be home on the 29th nor will most Americans. You might want to push that back 1 week as well.

I don't mind which date we are racing :P
What's the calculation factor again when testing at very fast tyre and fuel degradation? Ă—3.5 right?

I don't mind which date we are racing :P
What's the calculation factor again when testing at very fast tyre and fuel degradation? Ă—3.5 right?
Yeah around that. Do 1 lap on normal and then 1 on very fast. Then you can work out the ratio. Its not 100% accurate, but will get you in the ballpark area.

Yeah around that. Do 1 lap on normal and then 1 on very fast. Then you can work out the ratio. Its not 100% accurate, but will get you in the ballpark area.
Ah ok thanks. Seems that we will almost be able to do 20 laps in one stint :D
Btw, my lap times will be around 1'43, so this race is really going to hurt :ouch::lol:

Back