[FGTA - WGTC] [S2] Thanks for a great season! Merry Christmas everyone!Finished 

• Thread starter gtpcaine
  • 2,907 comments
You always need to be within the White lines. Same rules for the chicanes, at least two wheels have to be on the grey asphalt.

A full track limit guide will be posted with the drivers brief. Speaking of Ascari, those that were with us last season will remember this: (sorry for the poor directing)

And the fastest lap: (times this season should be faster)

A full track limit guide will be posted with the drivers brief. Speaking of Ascari, those that were with us last season will remember this: (sorry for the poor directing)

And the fastest lap: (times this season should be faster)

Wheres my lap??? :irked: jk:lol:

All the stewarding and data collecting has been done for Spa. All I need to do now is write the report and post results, but its getting late, and I need some sleep. So results will be posted tomorrow, along with Ascari weather report and drivers brief.

In the mean time, please can everyone fill out
THIS.

Takes literally 20 seconds, and give us an idea of who will be showing up. If you can't make it, fill out the form, say you can't make it, and we will try out best to arrange a reserve driver for you. The sooner you let us know, the sooner we can try to do something!

All the stewarding and data collecting has been done for Spa. All I need to do now is write the report and post results, but its getting late, and I need some sleep. So results will be posted tomorrow, along with Ascari weather report and drivers brief.

In the mean time, please can everyone fill out
THIS.

Takes literally 20 seconds, and give us an idea of who will be showing up. If you can't make it, fill out the form, say you can't make it, and we will try out best to arrange a reserve driver for you. The sooner you let us know, the sooner we can try to do something!
If any PRO reserves want to fill in for me, send me a PM

Also as a note to everyone, BST is now over, so UK clocks have gone back by 1 hour. The lobby opening and race times will remain the same in the UK, 5:30pm lobby open for AM, 6:30pm for PRO. For those outside UK timezone, we will be changing from GMT+1 to GMT.

To make things easier, HERE is a countdown for those in AM. PRO is 1 hour later than AM. No excuses guys :)

Round 6 -- Spa
Results and Race Report

hr.png

Qualifying
Spa is certainly a drivers circuit, and this shows in qualifying with some larger gaps from front to back, and the usual tight pack in the middle. Congratulations to @RS__96__oO who took pole in PRO and @Phouchg who claimed the bonus point in AM.
The full list of qualifying results can be found HERE.
hr.png

Incident List - PRO

None

An excellent performance by everyone, very well behaved, all clean pitstops and some close racing! You know I now expect this every race! :lol:

hr.png

Incident List - AM
Driver: duke_adam46
Incident: Jump Start
Result: Warning
Notes: You were really far behind the pack, and accelerated to catch up, so your speed was a lot higher than those infront. You also accelerated when the leader did, not when the car infront of you did.

Drivers: GTOS_Polarbear_ & Nail-27
Incident: Contact
Lap: 2
Result: NFA
Notes: Polar appears to be lagging quite badly during the opening laps, jumping around on track. According to the replay, Polar is behind Nail on entry to the corner, and then all of a sudden his car jumps and is alongside. We cannot penalise drivers based on lag related incidents as it is out of our and their control.

Driver: GTOS_Polarbear_
Incident: Contact with GTP_Bresson_DK
Lap: 6
Result: Avoidable Contact. +25 seconds added to race time (stop +10). Reprimand awarded for repeated contact penalty.

Incident: Accumulating 3 or more reprimands
Result: 5 Place Grid Penalty at next race.
Notes: In the event of the 5 place grid penalty not being able to be completed in one race, the penalty will roll over to the next race until the penalty has been served in full.

Driver: xNikodemusx
Incident: Contact with Rono_Thomas
Lap: 11
Result: Avoidable Contact. +25 seconds added to race time (stop +10).

Driver: Redbullrider20
Incident: Improper Pit Entry.
Lap: 24
Result: First warning for improper pit entry.

Driver: STOCKT8A1
Lap: 35

Driver: GTP_Revoy
Lap: 40
Result: Second warning for improper pit entry. +15 seconds added to race time (drive-through).

Driver: GTP_Bresson_DK
Lap: 32
Result: Second warning for improper pit entry. +15 seconds added to race time (drive-through).

Driver: Nail-27
Incident: Improper Pit Exit
Lap: 3
Result: Second warning for improper pit exit. +20 seconds added to race time (stop+5).

Lap: 14
Result: Third improper pit exit. +20 seconds added to race time (stop+5). Single reprimand awarded.

Incident: Improper Pit Entry
Lap: 15

Lap: 29
Result: Third improper pit entry. +15 seconds added to race time (drive-through). Single reprimand awarded.

Lap: 45
Result: Second warning for improper pit exit. +20 seconds added to race time (drive-through).

Driver: Luigi755
Lap: 13

Lap: 30

Result: First warning for improper pit exit.

Lap: 31
Result: Second warning for improper pit exit. +20 seconds added to race time (stop+5).

Lap: 46
Result: Third improper pit exit. +20 seconds added to race time (stop+5). Single reprimand awarded.

Driver: GTP_HAMILTONR
Result: Fifth improper pit entry. +25 seconds added to race time (stop+10). Single reprimand awarded.

Lap: 27
Result: Sixth improper pit entry. +25 seconds added to race time (stop+10). Single reprimand awarded.

Result: Seventh improper pit entry. +25 seconds added to race time (stop+10). Single reprimand awarded.

Notes: In the event of the 5 place grid penalty not being able to be completed in one race, the penalty will roll over to the next race until the penalty has been served in full.

hr.png

Race results
HERE are the race results with times adjusted for the above penalties.

Congratulations to @RS__96__oO, @PASM and @Glenalz81 for taking the podium places in PRO.
In AM we have @Phouchg, @redbullrider20 and @roberte taking the podium places. Congratulations to you three.

Fastest laps were taken by @gtpcaine and @Phouchg, so congratulations on those bonus points. Niko taking a clean sweep this weekend, good job!

This means we now have the following PP penalties for Round 7 at Ascari:

PRO

@RS__96__oO -- -8pp (584pp)
@PASM -- -7pp (593pp)
@Glenalz81 -- -3pp (602pp)

AM

@Phouchg -- -8pp (597pp)
@redbullrider20 -- -6pp (608pp)
@roberte -- -3pp (589pp)
@HAMILTONR -- -2pp (603pp)
@rono_thomas -- -1pp (586pp)
hr.png

Championship Standings
The full rundown on standings can be found HERE. In the bottom left corner you will see different tabs to view the respective tables. There are still 148 points available in the drivers championship, so its still wide open!
hr.png

Closing Thoughts
Once again, I want to thank everyone who attended and to the stewards. Links to the qualifying and race results, as well as championship standings can be found in the OP. I look forward to seeing you all at Ascari. The drivers brief and weather will follow later today.

Last edited:
Round 6 -- Spa
Results and Race Report

hr.png

Qualifying
Spa is certainly a drivers circuit, and this shows in qualifying with some larger gaps from front to back, and the usual tight pack in the middle. Congratulations to @RS__96__oO who took pole in PRO and @Phouchg who claimed the bonus point in AM.
The full list of qualifying results can be found HERE.
hr.png

Incident List - PRO

None

An excellent performance by everyone, very well behaved, all clean pitstops and some close racing! You know I now expect this every race! :lol:

hr.png

Incident List - AM
Driver: duke_adam46
Incident: Jump Start
Result: Warning
Notes: You were really far behind the pack, and accelerated to catch up, so your speed was a lot higher than those infront. You also accelerated when the leader did, not when the car infront of you did.

Drivers: GTOS_Polarbear_ & Nail-27
Incident: Contact
Lap: 2
Result: NFA
Notes: Polar appears to be lagging quite badly during the opening laps, jumping around on track. According to the replay, Polar is behind Nail on entry to the corner, and then all of a sudden his car jumps and is alongside. We cannot penalise drivers based on lag related incidents as it is out of our and their control.

Incident: Contact with GTP_Bresson_DK
Lap: 6

Driver: xNikodemusx
Incident: Contact with Rono_Thomas
Lap: 11

Driver: Redbullrider20
Lap: 24

Driver: STOCKT8A1
Lap: 35

Driver: GTP_Revoy

Driver: GTP_Bresson_DK
Lap: 32

Lap: 3

Lap: 29
Result: Third improper pit entry. +15 seconds added to race time (drive-through). Single reprimand awarded.

Lap: 45
Result: Second warning for improper pit exit. +20 seconds added to race time (drive-through).

Lap: 13

Lap: 30

Result: First warning for improper pit exit.

Lap: 31

Lap: 46

Result: Fifth improper pit entry. +25 seconds added to race time (stop+10). Single reprimand awarded.

Lap: 27
Result: Sixth improper pit entry. +25 seconds added to race time (stop+10). Single reprimand awarded.

Result: Seventh improper pit entry. +25 seconds added to race time (stop+10). Single reprimand awarded.

hr.png

Race results
HERE are the race results with times adjusted for the above penalties.

Congratulations to @RS__96__oO, @PASM and @Glenalz81 for taking the podium places in PRO.
In AM we have @Phouchg, @redbullrider20 and @roberte taking the podium places. Congratulations to you three.

Fastest laps were taken by @gtpcaine and @Phouchg, so congratulations on those bonus points. Niko taking a clean sweep this weekend, good job!

This means we now have the following PP penalties for Round 7 at Ascari:

PRO

@RS__96__oO -- -8pp (584pp)
@PASM -- -7pp (593pp)
@Glenalz81 -- -3pp (602pp)

AM

@Phouchg -- -8pp (597pp)
@redbullrider20 -- -6pp (608pp)
@roberte -- -3pp (589pp)
@HAMILTONR -- -2pp (603pp)
@rono_thomas -- -1pp (586pp)
hr.png

Championship Standings
The full rundown on standings can be found HERE. In the bottom left corner you will see different tabs to view the respective tables. There are still 148 points available in the drivers championship, so its still wide open!
hr.png

Closing Thoughts
Once again, I want to thank everyone who attended and to the stewards. Links to the qualifying and race results, as well as championship standings can be found in the OP. I look forward to seeing you all at Ascari. The drivers brief and weather will follow later today.

What? Are you having a laugh? On one occasion I did miss the entry and then I crashed into the wall as my tyres were cold it was obvious as I understeered at the chincaine follow my off.. but harsh then I hit the wall anyway... total BS EDIT: it always seems it is one thing for one person and another for someone else....!

EDIT: I did look at my replay and yes I did cut those tiny pit entry lines but as you can see from me steering away from it on all three occasions, it wasn't intentional... now if we had the premium model i.e with better headlights, view etc. I doubt that would have happened... So where did I finish in the end?

Last edited:
What? Are you having a laugh? On one occasion I did miss the entry and then I crashed into the wall as my tyres were cold it was obvious as I understeered at the chincaine follow my off.. but harsh then I hit the wall anyway... total BS EDIT: it always seems it is one thing for one person and another for someone else....!
EDIT: I did look at my replay and yes I did cut those tiny pit entry lines but as you can see from me steering away from it on all three occasions, it wasn't intentional... now if we had the premium model i.e with better headlights, view etc. I doubt that would have happened... So where did I finish in the end?

Judging by the list of pit entry incidents in the AM room I hardly think you are being targeted personally. Your penalty is more severe because you have done it previously in other races.

From Series Specific rules:

Driver cuts a pit entry once or more after previously receiving a reprimand --
  • Reprimand and + 25 (stop+10) for each cut.
You already had two reprimands for pit entry offences. Three more from this race taking your total to 5.

From The FGTA Core Regulations:

Reprimand - This is effectively a warning, these accumulate over the series and will start adding other penalties as outlined below.

3 Reprimands - 5 place grid penalty.
6 Reprimands - 15 championship point deduction for the driver.
9 Reprimands - Driver race ban.
12 Reprimands - Driver series ban.

The fact that every single PRO driver and one or two drivers from AM managed to get in and out without touching the lines means it is perfectly doable, even in the same car as you. Yes your cuts were very close, and yes on one you did hit the wall. But the rule is, if you cut the line, you will be penalised. The rules were there when you signed up, have been there at every race so far this season, and will remain there for the remainder of the season. It is always better to enter and exit the pits slower, but safer and avoid penalty, than risk it and get a penalty. Your case is quite hard as you picked up 3 entry infractions at the first race in Bathurst, resulting in 1 reprimand. You had one more at Suzuka, adding your second reprimand. And then these 3.

I can understand your frustration, I even went back and double checked everything from previous races to make sure my tally was correct. I did find one discrepancy, which I have now edited in to the results from Spa. Polar has also now reached 3 reprimands. 2 from contact and 1 from pit entries, so will also receive a 5 place grid penalty at the next round.

If you feel unfairly treated, or wish to appeal any penalties then please feel free to send me a PM, and we will discuss further. But from the information I have been provided by the stewards, the penalties received have been your own doing I'm afraid.

Either way, the penalties received this race see you demoted down to 5th in the race. You are in 2nd place in the drivers championship, 8 points off the lead. So still very much in the hunt for the title.

Round #7 -- Spain
Ascari
1/11/14

rd7w.png
Weather: 10%
Weather Change: Fixed
Standing Water: 0%

Time: 12:00
Time Change: 6

Classifiable Time: 72 minutes
Medium Tyre Time: 50 minutes

Start Type: Rolling Start -- Double File

Formation Point: The FP is the start of the pit entry line.

fp9.jpg

Acceleration Zone: The AZ starts at the timing line.

az9.jpg

The AZ ends at the 100m marker for turn 1 / where the pit wall lowers a level.

az9_2.jpg

Pole Sitter: It is the job of the pole sitter to control the field at a sensible pace. You must also take the inside lane for the first corner once in formation. In this case, the right hand side of the track.

hr.png

Pit Entry - Your car must be fully to the right of the solid white line shown below.

pen9.jpg

Pit Exit - You must stay fully to the right of the dashed white merger line until you reach the end of the black barrier shown on the right.

pex9.jpg

Please be very careful when exiting the pits as it positions you on the racing line. Drivers on track, please also be aware of cars exiting the pits near you, they can only move so far before running out of room.

hr.png

Track Limits

There are a few corners where cutting the circuit can gain you a huge advantage.

Shown below are pictures showing what is acceptable, and what isn't.

Track reference:

tm.jpg

Rafael Chicane

t1g.jpg
t2g.jpg

You may place two wheels over the solid white line only.

---------------------------------------------------------------

t1b.jpg
t2b.jpg

You may NOT run all four wheels over the solid white line.

Copse

t6g.jpg

You may place two wheels over the solid white line only.

---------------------------------------------------------------

t6b.jpg

You may NOT run all four wheels over the solid white line.

Piff Paff Chicane

t14g.jpg
t15g.jpg

You may run with two wheels over the solid white line only.

------------------------------------------------------------------

t14b.jpg
t15b.jpg

You may NOT run with all four wheels over the solid white line.

hr.png

Please make sure you have read through both sets of rules:

FGTA Core Rules and Regulations

WGTC Season 2 Series Specifics

Not being aware of a rule is not a valid excuse!

hr.png

AM Timetable
Room Opens: 17:30 GMT
Free Practice Ends: 18:25 GMT
Spec Checks: 18:25 GMT
Qualifying: 18:30 - 18:45 GMT
Grid Formation: 18:55 GMT
Race: 19:00 - 21:00 GMT

hr.png

PRO Timetable

Room Opens: 18:30 GMT
Free Practice Ends: 19:25 GMT
Spec Checks: 19:25 GMT
Qualifying: 19:30 - 19:45 GMT
Grid Formation: 19:55 GMT
Race: 20:00 - 22:00 GMT

hr.png

Lobby Hosts

PRO: GTP_Caine
AM: Roberte

Please make sure you have the appropriate hosts on your friends lists.

hr.png

Please click HERE to confirm your status for the race.

Have a good one guys!​

Hadn't realised it was called Piff Paff chicane, perfect name :)
IMHO part of racing is knowing the history of the corners and therefore their names. Case in point the La Source Hairpin and Eau Rouge at Spa. La Source is the name of the Hotel on the outside of the turn (I spent the weekend of the 68 GP there), Eau Rouge (Red Water or stream) is the name of the stream that runs under the track at that location. Ascari has corners named for corners that they closely resemble from other tracks, and for past drivers. Case in point "the Screw" is a thinly veiled reference to the turn into and down into the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca.
Cheers and check 6
Ned

and Piff Paff is slang for little bitty or itty bitty (usually meant in a derogatory manner) when applied to chicanes....as in "that silly steward has inserted a piff paff chicane to slow us down.

Last edited:
Back