FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
At least the fastest lap is all down to skill because everyone had the same car and the winner was not dependent on his partner's performance.
Not true as 3rd stint drivers had way less fuel in their cars, compared to 2nd stint drivers and especially compared to 1st stint obviously.

But far from it that Patrik didn't deserve it, he showed amazing pace in all of his races, as usual! :)

Not true as 3rd stint drivers had way less fuel in their cars, compared to 2nd stint drivers and especially compared to 1st stint obviously.

But far from it that Patrik didn't deserve it, he showed amazing pace in all of his races, as usual! :)

Ah right. I thought fuel depletion was disabled (poor memory). In that case, it doesn't make much sense, because the difference in pace with a full tank and an half empty one is quite big (at this level ofc).

Ah right. I thought fuel depletion was disabled (poor memory). In that case, it doesn't make much sense, because the difference in pace with a full tank and an half empty one is quite big (at this level ofc).

Its even more amplified than normal too because the X2014 is so light, bet the fuel weight can be worth upto a second a lap in that car (unlike Gr3 and 4 where its more like 0.4s over a full tank)

I think they should give that TAG Heuer watch to both Manu and Nation winners.

I bet they'd love to, however...
HFmO0XS.png

...Its a tad expensive :lol:

Its even more amplified than normal too because the X2014 is so light, bet the fuel weight can be worth upto a second a lap in that car (unlike Gr3 and 4 where its more like 0.4s over a full tank)

Exactly. The difference between full and empty tanks is probably >10% of the car's weight, which is a lot.

@drebin4real Tag Heuer is the official time keeper. As it happens IRL races, they sponsor the fastest lap. Prizes for the winners could be something else. I mean, those watches are not cheap. ^^

Who was to know the old Corvette C3 would be an absolute rocketship yet the 512 quite slow on the straights.

I was watching the Fuji race live and i kept blinking because i couldn't believe how fast the corvette was and the R34 was as fast as a turtle.

Guys, were talking about watches in price of 1000-2000 given to (only) one of the best players in the world, out of a playerbase of millions.

If I compare this with what the youtuber-moms get, who my wife is watching (anoyingly) always, they earn that money or even way more with doing their normal homelife by just filming it...

If I compare this with what the youtuber-moms get, who my wife is watching (anoyingly) always, they earn that money or even way more with doing their normal homelife by just filming it...

We aren't anywhere close to that level of viewership yet though, with some good promotion work and consistent top level broadcasts we'll get there eventually but you can't ignore the ludicrous amount of money they are ALREADY spending on these events, its more than enough.

Guys, were talking about watches in price of 1000-2000 given to (only) one of the best players in the world, out of a playerbase of millions.

PD and Sony must have put a tone of money into the event itself and probably around that price per person invited with all included. I mean, it's a prize in itself to be there. The watch is a bonus.

Maybe I wrote it easy to misunderstand it.

I wasn't blaming PD or someone else, in fact no other sim racing provider does events like this and take that much money in their hands.

I just wanted to point out the -lets say- "money- unbalance" in life :)

not even an aquaracer? ugh

@hellZfirE @mthomas_95

Do you guys consider acquiring a wheel now? That must have been a game changer for you aliens!

I have a T150 that I haven't been able to use for about 2 years because I don't have the space or desk to use it, this time next month though I'll be moving so I can start using it again in time for the Finals 👍

@mthomas_95 thanks for the kind words!

After the other guys, I'd like to share some of my impressions of the event:

• As said before, the people responsible for our well-being and organisation of our part of the event were absolutely spot-on and did a great job. Even some flights getting cancelled/delayed and luggage being lost for a while couldn't throw them off.
  • I was surprised we were pretty much given half of Hangar-7 for those two days. I wouldn't have thought this would be such a big event involving so many people. And that Red Bull would allow us to do this at Hangar-7 to this extent.
  • Hangar-7 can be a hot glass house.
  • I was very much excited to try out the TGT and ended up not liking it very much, the pedals in particular, especially considering its price tag...
  • The custom BoP for the N-classes wasn't much better than the in-game one. It just made different cars faster or slower. This led to some unexpected results due to bad car choices (especially for the Germans)
  • Us Austrians had a lot of support as PD invited many guys competing in the FIA races to come to the event to watch. Real nice to meet some of the local drivers. The event wasn't open to the public but we still had enough people to make up an audience.
  • Most people liked the changes made to the X2014, I didn't, at all. I struggled to find my braking points and couldn't put the power down properly either. I'm happy I did not spin during my stint and actually managed to hold position from the Italians, even if just by 0.007s :D
  • In general as Austrians we achieved our goals and we are quite happy with our performance.
  • As for me: no spins or major mistakes, no incidents or penalties and I was able to keep all the cars I've driven on track in the races. That's good in my book.
  • The penalty serving at specific points is the right idea but it needs some tweaks that have already been mentioned above.
  • I thought the manufacturer's races were a bit more exciting to watch tbh. Don't know why that was though, maybe because the drivers knew most of the cars already?
  • To me the party after the live stream was the best part of the event as a couple of beers made many guys loosen up a bit and have a really good time :D We should have had more of this.
  • This event increased my motivation to play GTS by a mile and concentrate more on the FIA seasons to come.
I'm glad the other guys seemed to like it here in Austria as well, it was a blast and the GTS circus is welcome back anytime.
See you on track!

20180922_223747.jpg

We r on that hellz. Thanks for your participation on the #CEL in the name of all of ORMA!

I Hope you can came back in a short time.

I know m8, i wasn't doubting you guys at all, it was more of a critique to our mailing system.

Yeah i got home an hour ago :D

I won a G29 for winning a team championship with FT. Its on its way to my home

Congrats, the G29 is a really solid wheel.

For us normals, I never heard that somebody didn't get faster and more consistent in the long term with a wheel. Never heard either that somebody went back to the pad.

I'm really courious how it'll went out for a driver in your level.

The prize for this is definitely getting to go! Watch was a nice gift but all the feedback is everyone got treated well! Imagine the cost of an event like this!

Control pad users did well, not an easy transition at all.

I need to get my visa for the regional american finals asap! (presuming it's gonna be in the USA)

Can't be missing another amazing event like that.

Get on that right now. There can be quite a backlog of interviews at times.

Last edited:
Going to Austria to compete in the World Tour was one of the greatest moments of my life. Being able to meet some of the guys who I've raced online for years in person, representing the United States, and somehow being able to win the Manufacturer Series final are experiences that I'll never forget. I can't thank Polyphony Digital enough for giving me this amazing opportunity and I hope I can meet you guys again one day, weather it be at regional finals, world finals, or even at another World Tour event. :cheers:

Going to Austria to compete in the World Tour was one of the greatest moments of my life. Being able to meet some of the guys who I've raced online for years in person, representing the United States, and somehow being able to win the Manufacturer Series final are experiences that I'll never forget. I can't thank Polyphony Digital enough for giving me this amazing opportunity and I hope I can meet you guys again one day, weather it be at regional finals, world finals, or even at another World Tour event. :cheers:

Congrats, dude :D Gran Turismo is clearly the only place which we can see a victorious German-Japanese-American connection :sly: A sort of World peace can be achieved only in this game :lol:

Latest Posts

Back