FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Wardez, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Saur

Saur

Why not let the drivers themselves pick liveries they’d like to race with? There’s still incentive for livery designers through recognition, except it’s recognition by the drivers and not PD, and the drivers don’t have to worry about getting a livery they don’t like.

Timlour and mclarenLB like this.
  2. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

This, just let guys choose their own livery and have PD approve it, it doesn't need to be anymore complicated than that.

If a driver wants to run a competition with the community on the livery they'll use, let them do it, PD has enough on its plate right now, trust me guys.

perja55, Saur and ElevenSeven like this.
  3. Auditore

Auditore

Jesus Christ stop with all this teasing :lol::lol:

My other idea for the liveries was letting letting the driver create a livery/choose the livery from the community.I like the idea of the contest because it brings a connection between the community and the events,people love being a part of the stuff they like but for pratical reasons the driver choosing it himself is better i agree.

4. GT6mebe

GT6mebe

They need to get on Twitch. I was watching on youtube and it had 15k concurrent viewers at the peak which is up there with some real big racing events on youtube streaming.

GTS is paving the way in making racing eSports an actual thing like fighting community has had for years.

5. Auditore

Auditore

GT paved the way to bring racing simulators to the mainstream 20 years ago an now they are bringing esports simracing to the mainstream

[​IMG]

CrimsonKing, AlanH49, Baliwa and 11 others like this.
  6. ChocolateBox

ChocolateBox

Just a quick reminder that Adam Suswillo dabbed during his introduction and should be banned for any future GT races for doing that.

7. OutlawQuadrnt

OutlawQuadrnt Premium

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

sundaydriving, ArR29, Baliwa and 16 others like this.
  8. Auditore

Auditore

KayX23 and OutlawQuadrnt like this.
  9. Jordan

Jordan Administrator

10. adstomko

adstomko

Do any of you know what headset was used for the drivers in the World Finals?

11. O604

O604

Tough to tell. Different ones. Most likely Sony or Thrustmaster.

Most surprising to me. Wired not bluetooth.

Monaco
    [​IMG]

Madrid
    [​IMG]

Las Vegas. [​IMG]

adstomko likes this.
  12. Auditore

Auditore

That Mercedes is too distracting,damn i want to see that thing on a track(it probably can't reach 100 km/h because the body would fall apart).

13. schnick

schnick

Just playing devil's advocate (and taking the numbers with a grain of salt), I'm pretty sure facebook videos views count any views no matter how long it was viewed for, including any time it autoplays for a few seconds when someone scrolls through their feed.

Edit: I just read the fine print about the F1 esports comparison, however that also still includes the "targeted FB sponsored appear in your feed autoplays". Might also have to look at the number of followers for relative FB pages.

14. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

Yep, the vast majority of those numbers are not real viewers. FB counts a view after 3 seconds. On Twitter users need to click to watch because there's no autoplay but I don't know for how long they have to watch in order to add to the viewer count.

Youtube counts after 30seconds but it's probably the more accurate because people go to YT only to watch videos. FB and Twitter are mostly used for other things.

On the other hand, everyone does this. ^^

Sander 001 likes this.
  15. chen zi jian

chen zi jian

Toyota and Mazda had invited some Japanese racers who had participated in the fia gt championship to visit their racing team.

Attached Files:

16. chen zi jian

chen zi jian

Attached Files:

DaigoD, Jordan, queleuleu and 3 others like this.
  17. chen zi jian

chen zi jian

Japanese Forbes

https://forbesjapan.com/articles/detail/24080/1/1/1

“While developing motor sports, the existence of video game department was growing, so I felt it was time to certify game as motor sports. Since users are located all over the world, it seems that motor sports is also going virtual. Gran Turismo's Nation's Cup is an event where real and virtual merge perfectly. In order to develop them more, FIA has established a committee for training digital motorsports”

perja55, Sander 001 and ProjectF like this.
  18. Venster

Venster

They look like the ps gold headset, which is really good actually. Probably wired though because it wouldn’t be fair if the battery died mid race for one of them.

19. Auditore

Auditore

7.384.967 liked F1's facebook page
    7.430.155 follow F1's facebook page

2.231.257 liked Gran Turismo's facebook page

2.199.866 follows Gran Turismo's facebook page

Even with repeated views and inflated numbers F1's Esports and GT Esports views are very close to each other which is very positive for GTSport in its first year doing live events.
    I think even if you don't count Facebook/Twitter numbers those Youtube numbers are still very good and a big jump from the Regional Finals view count.

Marcobzzcs, Letadlo and TRL LIGHTNING like this.
  20. Tidgney

Tidgney Premium

GT Sport are looking to compete with real world racing views as well such as Blancpain and WEC and not just direct competitors I believe. While it is a competition, companies/manufacturers want ROI, which isn't a huge cost in the virtual world, but huge marketing opportunities, especially for manufacturers. If they can somehow get onto mainstream channels in some countries (I know it's been on FOX in Spain) then expect this competition to go nuts! It has the production quality to easily go on TV, in fact it's probably got better production quality than most shows you watch on TV already (Especially day time British TV). My mum and dad watched the Sundays final even though I wasn't in it and thoroughly enjoyed it! @TRL LIGHTNING gained a fan in my mum as she was talking about the races when she picked me up from the train station! I was honestly so confused at the time that she was coming out with all this stuff :lol::lol:!

Whether I'm involved or not I see this as having huge potential, especially with how close it is to its real world counterpart unlike other games.

perja55, DaigoD, RZQSPEED and 16 others like this.
  21. Auditore

Auditore

Man...i'm expecting the competition in the 2019 season to be even bigger.I think these events will help increase GTSport's playerbase.

Find Jimmer

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  22. Aspicito

Aspicito

In Argentina the people of Toyota don't have any idea about this.. I try to contact with gazoo racibg ARG but nothing

23. Pfei

Pfei Premium

Facundo Dudulec and Agustín Cajal were invited to Toyota Gazoo Racing Day in Buenos Aires and met Matías Rossi, messed around in the simulators and took a ride in the Super TC2000 Corolla. So they are aware. Link: https://autoblog.com.ar/2018/11/12/...station-se-subio-a-los-toyota-de-competicion/

DaigoD likes this.
  24. schnick

schnick

Very very interesting, but just another thought. The F1 FB page is probably for fans of the real F1 so I had a look at the "F1 Games from Codemasters" FB page:
    333,718 people like this
    327,833 people follow this

Don't really need to look too deep into the numbers as we are starting to go down the rabbit hole but suffice to say GT as an esport is currently a success even with the mistakes made so far and there is so much room to grow. Can't wait for what's on offer for next year. I'm so jealous that I didn't get to have dinner at La Rascasse :drool:.

Auditore likes this.
  25. Thiago Bica

Thiago Bica

I'm very proud to say that it was me on the Beetle XD

perja55, Aspicito and Auditore like this.
  26. Thiago Bica

Thiago Bica

Actually it was after Derek and my stint... the japanese guy, K. Goto lost 10 positions :(

27. JayOTT

JayOTT

Goto must pay for his crimes of letting down the legendary Thiago Bica. He will be forced to drink bone hurting juice once a day through the entire month of December.

Auditore likes this.
  28. Aspicito

Aspicito

This happen before the world finals. Facundo dudulec was invited for the people of toyota not me. He was invited after the regional final of america

Pfei likes this.
  29. Pfei

Pfei Premium

So I guess you're saying that they gave him some spotlight and then just forgot about him...

Edit: I guess you're Agustín, sorry!

Aspicito likes this.
  30. Aspicito

Aspicito

Haha yes.. I'm Agustin. You r right.

Pfei likes this.