FIA Events '18 - World Finals Monaco Finished! Congrats to Team Lexus and Igor Fraga for Brazil!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 2,544 comments
2 days on and now a little sad that its going to be quite a while before our next opportunity to see another of these events.

The On-line Battle mode used in these, which I think it was @mclarenLB described as a LAN mode, if made available online in game would allow for the introduction of larger field region/country leagues.

I wonder if /hope there are plan's for that to happen.

Imagine watching a complete race in car with Cookie Lightning or the Speed Demon from Brazil? or being able to follow a complete race with your nation favorite driver? The possibilities would be endless.

Or being able to plead with Australia's Latkovski to pit with the other soft tyre guys behind him and win the Championship mate.

Fraga did 10th to 1st in the last race so...
Also Mangano from 16th to 8th in the first race, although the sad part is that it is hard to tell if they can be attributed to the driver or if they are due to the imbalances in the car performances. I really do hope that the "car lottery" does not have so much weight in the result in future events.

Also Mangano from 16th to 8th in the first race, although the sad part is that it is hard to tell if they can be attributed to the driver or if they are due to the imbalances in the car performances. I really do hope that the "car lottery" does not have so much weight in the result in future events.
Apart from Fraga obviously. It is likely a combination of both

Just here to write my point of view.
First of all Igor Fraga was the best driver hands down, and he deserve this. Simply outstanding performance.
All tho, some things needs to improve.
Cars in 1st race were dramatically unbalanced. Just during practices i was the slowest by 0,7 of difference with the following one! Even tho road cara are my strong point. So i basically tried to don’t loose too much positions, but i got pushed wide badly and not even an investigation.
2nd race was the only one where i had a decent car. Again, got pushed wide 3 times on my 1st stint, burning my tires, and fell in a battle against Nico. Last lap i was just behind Mikail, got pushed from behind on the hairpins, making me spin and lost 5 positions. No penalties issued.
3rd race my car along with Mazda from Adermm and Mclaren from Nico were simply not competitive. Was the most boring race by far.

4th and last got a penalty of 12 SECONDS! for going with two wheels outside the track in the high speed esses. 2 laps after another penalty of 11 SECONDS! I had nothing to do at that point.
Was a very disappointed performance. I hate to put excuses, because that’s what loosers do, but the difference between cars, plus the lack of penalties issued was absurd. Hope to improve next year, and come back faster and stronger than ever.
Congratulations to @TRL LIGHTNING and Nik Makozi that completed the podium

Would any of our resident Aliens be able to confirm the screen size and approx distance to it from the wheel for the rather awesome looking rigs used in the competition?

Are the drivers having that discussion with PD?

And are PD listening?

I was asking taka san the translator of yamauchi san if they can have a look on the Gr3 MR cars again (not the 911) as those cars really struggles with the tyre wear which shouldn't be (comparison with real life). In my opinion it's fine if the rear wears a bit more than the front but it shouldn't be possible that the drivers need to hold themselves back to safe the tyres and yet still cannot run the soft tyres.

And he told me that they (may probably) have a look on it again so there's still hope.

I was asking taka san the translator of yamauchi san if they can have a look on the Gr3 MR cars again (not the 911) as those cars really struggles with the tyre wear which shouldn't be (comparison with real life). In my opinion it's fine if the rear wears a bit more than the front but into shouldn't be possible that the drivers need to hold themselves back to safe the tyres and yet still cannot run the soft tyres.

And he told me that they (may probably) have a look on it again so there's still hope.

It's a shame, I honestly believe with the game, the driver talent pool they have and their willingness to put money into it (presentation, venues etc) they could be onto something really special with this format but they need to appreciate that good close racing is the biggest selling point.

Get you someone who looks at you the way Tidgney looks at Adam.

Attachments

• Knipsel.jpg
    Knipsel.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 53
Youtube total views as of today:

Nations Cup Final (18/11): 88.100
Manufacturers Final (17/11): 73.300
Nations Semi Finals (16/11) : 69.900

Total: ~231.000

giphy.gif

For comparison, Forza's RC WC videos have around 12.000 with the finals, semi finals and preview show combined.

Slightly delayed response: this was in my draft since shortly after you posted, but I'm still getting completely over my jetlag!

I'm surprised the Manufacturer race hasn’t overtaken Friday’s video. That was an excellent watch, and a better time of the week too.

Also, it’s a little misleading to compare to FRC’s YouTube totals, since that series is primarily focused on Twitch and Mixer. Live counts on those are typically much more than what the on-request YouTube counts are. The last time they fell on the same weekend as GT's, they actually had higher live numbers, though it's worth mentioning time zones likely affect that (Forza's biggest market being the US).

I didn't check F1's numbers this weekend. It typically does quite well because it has the real-world sport's following to sponge from, but it's also limited by the bizarre choice to go Facebook-only.

The important take-away, IMO, is that all three are doing much better than they were a year ago, and they're on a whole other level to PC-only sim racing series. As ever, it's the consoles that will lead the way in terms of broad marketability. The racing in Monaco over the weekend was genuinely exciting, and it's hard to imagine how PD will improve that aspect next year — but we asked anyway. :D

I think Mercedes might dive in on the GT Sport hype next year,they already have a presence at the F1 Esports and Hamilton is part of GTSport

I suspect that we'll get more manufacturers involved next year. After the podium ceremony we were asked to film a small message for Aston Martin. I have no idea what they plan to do with it but I hope it wasn't for nothing. @SkyPikmin mentioned that he might be doing something with Lexus as well.
Williams are also getting very involved in the esport side signing a lot of top drivers and I suspect more big name teams will follow since its so cheap compared to real motorsports.

Mercedes actually had one of their photographers there who brought an AMG GTS to the event from Stuttgart. He took some photos with us and the car during the event which will be shared on the Mercedes Instagram page. So it seems like there may be some interest on their part. But I've heard rumor of a few different manufacturers showing more interest in this event. We'll see!

In what way do you think manufacturers would be involved with the drivers in the future?

I mean, lets say someone signs a contract with Merc for 2019 but then doesn't manage to qualify for world champ, what then?

I don't think the game is ready for any money to be involved in this for next season, maybe for 2020 if they continue to work on it...

I managed to stop sneezing long enough to edit together my Vlog from the event. Some of you guys might find it interesting :)

Great video Jimmy. 👍

This was the kind of thing I was hoping to see a bit more of from maybe some of the driver's too. After seeing the video showing your humble abode a few weeks ago I nearly p**d myself when you said "I live in a shed" whilst overlooking the opulence of Monaco. :lol:

Last edited:
I managed to stop sneezing long enough to edit together my Vlog from the event. Some of you guys might find it interesting :)

Pretty darn cool. Thank you, for sharing your experience. 👍
Me and my wife are looking forward to visiting Monaco in the near future.

I was asking taka san the translator of yamauchi san if they can have a look on the Gr3 MR cars again (not the 911) as those cars really struggles with the tyre wear which shouldn't be (comparison with real life). In my opinion it's fine if the rear wears a bit more than the front but it shouldn't be possible that the drivers need to hold themselves back to safe the tyres and yet still cannot run the soft tyres.

Yes.

Nope.
It's a shame PD isn't voluntarily opening themselves up to feedback, even from the top players. With the real world experience and grasp of the physics that these drivers have, some really valuable improvements can be made.

PD's overestimation of how perfect their game is is holding them back.

More manufacturers being interested is a nice thing.

For PD listening to feedback, i really hope they do, at least hopefully the top japanese players help out too since it seems they mostly do based on them, if i'm not mistaken.

Hahah, ouch. Personally i would prefer them to keep the format without any "team" around the players to call out tactics during the race. It would just add to the complexity of the event and make it less transparent.

"Lightning.....this is James"

cough cough my R8, kokubun sans mclaren and wongs Huracan cough cough

Igor's Jaguar just gave up at the end of the race.Looks like all the top drivers suffered at Interlagos.

The racing in Monaco over the weekend was genuinely exciting, and it's hard to imagine how PD will improve that aspect next year — but we asked anyway. :D

As soon as they find a format that is great for them the better because it might let them focus on other aspect of the event like the driver side of things(BoP,qualifying,car choices).They might not be focusing on those aspects enough because their hands are full trying to make the whole event run smoothly.

Last edited:
Back