FIA GT Championship. Why does no one use the GT-R?

• Thread starter ghost30
  • 4 comments
Simple question. Every televised event is minus the Nissan GT-R. I use it all the time, it’s competitive. Maybe not so much on Hard tires. Anyway, just curious what’s up with that.

Why does no one use the GT-R?

Every televised event is minus the Nissan GT-R.
The televised events only use what qualified. If no-one using a Nissan GT-R qualified, it won't be there.

It does appear from time to time. In the very first Manufacturer Series World Final, the GT-R of Hizal, Kokubun, and Fraga was leading until 30 seconds from the finish when it ran out of fuel.

In 2019 the only real top tier drivers who drove for Nissan were Firestorm in EMEA and OutlawQuadrant in North America. In 2020 it got nerfed (twice) (mid-season) (because the aliens complained about it being good in a line even though it's useless everywhere else) and Firestorm drove something else. Without looking it up I'm pretty sure the manufacturer ranking in 2020 was hilarious, with the EMEA score being the complete opposite of all the other manu, much lower than the other regions.

I don't know what DR the OP usually races at but the Gr.3 car isn't very good. It's still okay in a line, its fuel and tyre wear is a bit better than it used to be, but if a corner is slower than 100mph it's an adventure. The Gr.4 car is the worst in its class, so there's no chance of anyone scoring serious points there. Ultimately a manufacturer's popularity/success comes down how good the cars are, and it's just not a popular choice.

In 2019 the only real top tier drivers who drove for Nissan were Firestorm in EMEA and OutlawQuadrant in North America. In 2020 it got nerfed (twice) (mid-season) (because the aliens complained about it being good in a line even though it's useless everywhere else) and Firestorm drove something else. Without looking it up I'm pretty sure the manufacturer ranking in 2020 was hilarious, with the EMEA score being the complete opposite of all the other manu, much lower than the other regions.

I don't know what DR the OP usually races at but the Gr.3 car isn't very good. It's still okay in a line, its fuel and tyre wear is a bit better than it used to be, but if a corner is slower than 100mph it's an adventure. The Gr.4 car is the worst in its class, so there's no chance of anyone scoring serious points there. Ultimately a manufacturer's popularity/success comes down how good the cars are, and it's just not a popular choice.

I’m A+,S. PSN is RogueLogiK. I’m generally top three in regular online lobbies. I use the GT3 GT-R, mostly. Has a lot of understeer, but it suits my driving style. Thanks for the info though, that’s very interesting.

Also, I understand what you mean about corner exiting.. The tires spin because of so much torque. I rarely use 1st gear though. I’ve adapted pretty well to modulating the throttle. I use a Thrustmaster T-GT, with standard T3pa pedals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back