FIA GT Interest Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 92 comments
  • 6,239 views

SuperShouden

(Banned)
Messages
7,542
Messages
SuperShouden
So, looking at the actual FIA GT classes and cars entered, I am curious if there's any interest in this. We'd run 4 different series, and I have yet to figure out HP and weight ratings for the classes and the GT2 Class is empty at the moment so, it'll probably be a free class where any car can enter but, they'd have to meet certain restrictions.

Anyway, here how the class vehicles break down:

FIA Championship
GT2 Cars: - 600hp - 1400kg
This class in an open class. Any car can enter, However, be warned about penalties to keep the races even.

Banned cars:
1. Ferrari 599
2. Pagani Zonda R

Rule for GT2 entries:
1. Must be a production car
2. Must not be in any other class

GT3 Cars: - 550hp - 1412kg
1. BMW M5
2. Corvette Z06
3. Jaguar XKR
4. Dodge Challenger SRT8
5. 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
6. TBD
7. Ferrari California

GT4 Cars: - 450hp - 1350kg
1. Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07
2. BMW M3
3. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione
4. Maserati GranTurismo S
5. Nissan 370Z/Fairlady Z (Z34)
6. Aston Martin DB9
7. Lexus IS F

Tracks would be Class based but I'd suggest we all meet up and end at the same course and maybe have another one in the middle.

Also, I think for now, because I don't really have the time to meet up on weekends for races, I'd like to do the old time trial style. But I might be willing to change this eventually.

For season meet up tracks:
1. Monza
2. Indy Road
3. Nurburgring GP/F

EDIT: GT4 minimum weight is now 1350kg to slow down some of the faster cars like the Maserati. GT1 is gone as Stalliano is already doing that.

so far, no one has picked a car that meets the regulations for GT2 class. No I have a set weight for the class at 1400kg. I might decrease it eventually.
 
Last edited:
This would be good, but I can see that the closest class will be GT1.

(weights pending)
C6 [Z06/ZR1] Vette Race modded, limited to 700hp;
GT Citroen Race car, limited to 700hp;
Viper GTS-R [standard] limited to 700hp;
C5R [standard] limited to 700hp;
Gillet Vertigo Race car limited to 600hp [weight is too low to have 700hp]

that's all i can think of right now.
 
I'm not using the Citroen or the Vertigo. Also, technically, the current Vertigo is a GT4 class car, not a GT1 class car. However, the one in GT5 I don't think is the FIA race car.

No, if I were doing it, I'd keep things limited to the cars listed. Those are in the game and with some modifications and restrictions, all classes would be close. Like I said, I haven't figured out the HP restrictions, yet. I know GT4 will probably be around 450 or 500, as the Maserati has a top HP of around 660. and starts at about 420hp. 500hp would make since considering the other cars.

As it stands I'm thinking:

GT1 - 700hp
GT2 - 600hp
GT3 - 550hp
GT4 - 500hp
 
The vertigo may be a GT4 class car in your eyes, but it's stats speak of themselves. It's such a light weight that it's just as fast as GT2 cars easily. With a bit more power it'd be as fast as current GT1 class cars. The Citroen was an idea because it's not SuperGT, but close to what an FIA GT class car would be. Weight dimensions and power. I think it'd be a wise decision to include it. If were using RACE cars, if it's street cars it's another story.
 
After some brief digging the Vertigo in GT5 IS the FIA GT4 car. I assume that would be completely stock settings. But, I would have to do some more research that would require actually getting the car in GT5 and running some tests.
 
I'm interested.
I'd enjoy running the Vertigo (stock) in a GT2 class. I believe i have the pace to make it an even contender.
Post more when you've thought it through and have a race/series lined up.
 
What about the Panoz GTR-1 race car? That is an old FIA car anyway right? I know it was campaigned in some European series.
 
LSX
What about the Panoz GTR-1 race car? That is an old FIA car anyway right? I know it was campaigned in some European series.

I believe the Panoz was an old ALMS car that ran around the same time as the Jaguar XJ220.

And as to the Gillet: according to the history in GT5, the one in the game never actually competed in anything and is simply a turbo charged version of the 394hp Race Car that competed in FIA GT3 and another race series.
 
The GTR-1 raced FIA GT, ALMS. IMSA GT, USRRC and the 24HR LeMans. Not important, but just saying. When you say Ford GT, do you mean the Spec II race car? Or just a regular GT?
 
It would probably the the regular GT. But, I'll take a look at the specs next time the Spec II comes around.

I'll on details a little later tonight or this weekend.
 
This is an excellent idea.
My fave car is the Lambo SV and when i get my wheel I would love to take part in something like this.
This would be the only time I would see fit to improve the SV (because obviously all GT1 cars will need to be almost equal, so leaving the SV stock will leave it at a small disadvantage)
But I will definitely buy 2 SV's because weight reduction is not undo-able !
Keeping one 100% stock
Then Making my GT1 Racer with other :D :D :D
Awesome idea. Should be made sticky somewhere on this site
"GT1 Class Specs"
"GT2 CLass Specs"
etc
etc

This way if a server is named GT1 Only... We all know (GTP members) what the restrictions and rules are.

Then a scheduled event can take place, organised on GTP, names put down, car (not car's') being used, car specs, etc, etc
This event will have 16 players across 2 servers (32 players)

With GT1 and GT4 in server 1 and GT2 and GT3 in server 2, my reasons for that are the GT1 cars will lap GT4 cars
Making that race more interesting.
GT3 cars can battle it out with GT2 cars making that race interesting.
Then again GT3 and GT2 will be almost always apart.
Could leave it GT1-GT2 GT3-GT4 then to keep both servers running similarly.

Although the "BLUE FLAG" will have to be respected.
(use respect and courtesy in letting faster cars past as there is no blue flag in game, just follow the rules in letting faster cars by)

Something like that anyway.
Could be a good "Series" we could have running with names in a table and points awarded for wins and stuff (photo taken of finished race positions board or something to make the race legit and cause the points to be awarded... No photo no points.
1 photo per race, no need for all 16 people to post up 1.

There's my feeling on the subject. :D

edit:

FIA Championship
GT1 Cars:
Nissan GT-R
Ford GT
Lambo Murcielago SV
Corvette ZR1
Ferrari 458

What about that ?
Move Z06 to GT2 or GT3?
Also the DB9 is to slow to be competative at GT1 I think.
Could even add the McLaren MP4-12C to GT1 maybe ?
Rear wing needed on all cars for GT1? As a required spec ? :P

Would be awesome to see something like this in GT5 online In my opinion anyway !!!
 
Last edited:
.
 
Last edited:
I want in, were do we go and when do we meet ?
 
This is an excellent idea.
My fave car is the Lambo SV and when i get my wheel I would love to take part in something like this.
This would be the only time I would see fit to improve the SV (because obviously all GT1 cars will need to be almost equal, so leaving the SV stock will leave it at a small disadvantage)
But I will definitely buy 2 SV's because weight reduction is not undo-able !
Keeping one 100% stock
Then Making my GT1 Racer with other :D :D :D
Awesome idea. Should be made sticky somewhere on this site
"GT1 Class Specs"
"GT2 CLass Specs"
etc
etc

This way if a server is named GT1 Only... We all know (GTP members) what the restrictions and rules are.

Then a scheduled event can take place, organised on GTP, names put down, car (not car's') being used, car specs, etc, etc
This event will have 16 players across 2 servers (32 players)

With GT1 and GT4 in server 1 and GT2 and GT3 in server 2, my reasons for that are the GT1 cars will lap GT4 cars
Making that race more interesting.
GT3 cars can battle it out with GT2 cars making that race interesting.
Then again GT3 and GT2 will be almost always apart.
Could leave it GT1-GT2 GT3-GT4 then to keep both servers running similarly.

Although the "BLUE FLAG" will have to be respected.
(use respect and courtesy in letting faster cars past as there is no blue flag in game, just follow the rules in letting faster cars by)

Something like that anyway.
Could be a good "Series" we could have running with names in a table and points awarded for wins and stuff (photo taken of finished race positions board or something to make the race legit and cause the points to be awarded... No photo no points.
1 photo per race, no need for all 16 people to post up 1.

There's my feeling on the subject. :D

edit:



What about that ?
Move Z06 to GT2 or GT3?
Also the DB9 is to slow to be competative at GT1 I think.
Could even add the McLaren MP4-12C to GT1 maybe ?
Rear wing needed on all cars for GT1? As a required spec ? :P

Would be awesome to see something like this in GT5 online In my opinion anyway !!!

I'll read and respond more to this later, but I would allow all cars in all classes to have aero parts.

I want in, were do we go and when do we meet ?

I still have to figure out the specs for all the cars and classes.

I'll try to get everything lined up by January (if I have a job and a place to live...and internet.)

I like the mixed class servers for the meet up events where all classes are racing. Another idea would be to have 4 separate classes. Say, the 4 leading cars in each class in the first server and then just go down the line. To avoid confusion in multi-class races, new cars will be added to the lists to make sure there aren't any duplicate cars. I've got some ideas for replacements.

Also I'll be adding the Enzo to GT1 class to substitute the MC12, as the MC12 is based heavily on the Enzo.

Another rule will exclude Racing modifications from participating as they weigh a LOT less and have a good 5-6 second advantage over the stock cars.

Be patient with me as I'm looking for work and still have to find time to do some testing. GT2 will still remain a free class, as 1, I like the idea, and 2, the REAL GT2 class is made up mostly of Porsches with a Ferrari F430 or two. However certain cars are banned, like the Viper ACR and the Ferrari 599 (As it's the second fastest Ferrari and the 599XX IS the fastest Ferrari...even faster than the FXX.) I'll put some guidelines up for GT2 class and put up a list of banned vehicles. (the Zonda R is also banned, as it's essentially a race car already...and it's faster than the Viper ACR.)

This weekend might be a little slow, as I've got a family Christmas party to go to, but I'll get around to the details. Just give me time.
 
Sounds great. Keep up the good work buddy !! I definitely want in on the GT1 class !! :D

Also I have now realised how your basing the classes (on real life car similarities in that actual class)
So I will do some research on the GT1 class and post later to help get this ball rolling :P
 
I like to keep the real cars, it adds to the mood, I think. This series will be short and I'll probably be looking for "Class Captains" to keep track of the individual classes and run the races, that way I'm not stuck with 4 classes to schedule races for. And, really, if we're doing separate tracks per series save the three suggested, then it would make more since to have Class Captains figure out what courses they want to use.

I haven't decided which Class I'm going to be in, but I know it won't be GT1. Probably be either GT3 or 4. It should be interesting to see what cars show up for GT2. I am hoping that PD adds the ability to add weight to cars so we can hand out weight penalties. That would be VERY useful for GT2.

Also, keep in mind people, I do hold the right to exclude any cars from GT2 if the cars are too uneven, so please try to keep things fair.
 
RIght...

We cannot lower power, so the GT1 2010 600bhp limit is out the window if we want out fave cars in this...
so 700 sounds sweet.

The 2010 min weight is 1250kg

To get same power to weight ratio we need the cars to weigh in at 1458kg

Is this okay ? It looks a bit high so some cars may already be under it.

UPDATE

The Enzo and MP4 12C will be far under the weight required to get the same power to weight ratio.
Therefore I'm thinking we should stick to regulations on the weight and stick at 1250 (Enzo weighs in at 1255Kg)

UPDATE 2

See what weight the heaviest car in the class can reach (at its lowest) and set that as the min weight.
Cars below this weight incur a power penalty based on POWER to WEIGHT ratio's so the race remains mainly fair.

Any other ideas ? :)

UPDATE 3

Also the cars 1 - 5 in the GT1 are basically in the actual GT1 series. the other 3 are not. So its up to you if you want to keep them there.
Removing them would make them available for the GT2 class though.
(I know I recommended one of them, I'm silly :P)

UPDATE 4

I like tracks with weather.. SO here is my list
(Nordschliefe night and day track i want but there is already nurb GT and I like that track as well :P)

Le Sarth Night-Day-Weather defo !
Nurb GP
Monza - Weather
Suzuka - Weather

FINAL THOUGHTS

GT1
Max Power = 700bhp
Min Weight = 1250kg


(If one of the GT1 cars cannot get near the weight limit the Enzo may have to be removed due to it being close to both limits, a penalty would be impossible.

The 430 Scuderia or 458 sound like good replacements if you ask me.
Also the ZR1 and Z06 need to switch. ZR1 in GT1 and Z06 in GT3. ZR1 stock is already way outside 550bhp (GT3 limit bhp)
Lambo Gallado is perfect for GT3 as it basically matches the max power.... Stock.

We could do 1 Race per day, not necessarily on consecutive days.
Meaning the races could be done properly. Something like...
20min practice
30 mins qualifying
between 30 and 60 mins race.
 
Last edited:
Nice Race Series topic... I love how you, take my ideas into your own series. i got a great idea, why don't we take your racers, plus mine and combine them into one series. That way we have a way better series. No need for 2 of the same series in 1 thread.. So give it some thought and get back to me
 
Last edited:
Sounds good. I'll remove the Enzo and MP4. I like the "Minimum Weight" thing. It'd be great for GT2 as there will be more that should make that class pretty even.

Sazuka's fine for a GT1 race. I think for the first season, they should be 5-7 races in for each class. For the weather circuits, I think a cool thing to do would be to put the dry and wet course in a hat or something and pick them at random. And don't reveal which one until a couple days before the race.

I'll review the cars today and probably shorten the lists. And maybe add some new cars. (FYI the Challenger and Camaro aren't in FIA, either, nor is the Jaguar XKR But, I figured they'd make for great competition.)

Welsh, I think you'd make a great GT1 Captain, if you want the job.

Stalliono: Yeah, you helped with the research. Thanks. However, I think, by the time these series get going, they might be completely different.
 
Last edited:
I think we can work something out... You have 4 Different race classes. Let's make, the GT1 series as planned and have one big series. Not many, will do your other series races. Changes can be made with the GT1 series... Cars, weight, HP whatever... Get back to me
 
STALLIONO I have not noticed your race series yet (haven't paid much attention in this forum section until now so I can't really comment on that.
But I like the idea of one big race series but I do also like the idea of having slower class cars there to lap as that would make it more interesting.
Maybe having a GT1 and GT2 only ?
Or even run GT1 like you said then roll in the GT2 Class along side if the GT1 goes well.

Could add something slightly silly maybe but it would distinguish between classes well.
GT1 class must have full aero packs added and the GT2 must only have a spoiler (stock spoiler will do fine)

Plus as long as I am free on the series dates that eventually get chosen yeah I would definitely consider being GT1 captain.

I personally love the idea of having it super orgonised and having names put down with car specs and so on.
Makes it all feel professional.

It is early days yet so we will have to wait and see how things go anyway :)

If there is another series running we could merge them and try improve it ! :D

EDIT:

Scratch that I am starting to like the idea of having GT1 GT2 GT3 and GT4 a lot so I am backing that idea :D
 
Last edited:
Stock HP and Weights for cars:
GT1 Cars: - 700hp - 1411kg
1. Nissan GT-R - 493hp, - 1740kg
2. Ford GT - 550hp, unknown weight
3. Lambo Murcielago SV - 660hp, 1565kg
4. Corvette ZR1 - 630hp, 1508kg
5. Viper SRT10 ACR - 603hp, 1552kg
6. Audi R8 (V10) - 517hp , 1520kg
7. SLS AMG - 593hp, 1620kg

GT3 Cars: - 550hp
1. BMW M5 - 499hp, 1855kg
2. Corvette Z06 - 503, 1421kg
3. Jaguar XKR - 502hp, 1810kg
4. Dodge Challenger SRT8 - 425hp, 1878kg
5. 2010 Chevy Camaro SS - 426hp, 1755kg
6. Ford Mustang - 299hp, 1630kg
7. Ferrari California - 442hp, 1630kg

GT4 Cars: - 450hp
1. Jaguar XK Coupe Luxury '07 - 299hp, 1690kg
2. BMW M3 - 414hp, 1655kg
3. Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione - 433hp, 1585kg
4. Maserati GranTurismo S - 433hp, 1780kg
5. Nissan 370Z/Fairlady Z (Z34) - 331hp, 1530kg
6. Aston Martin DB9 449hp, 1710kg
7. Lexus IS F - 417hp, 1690kg

Edit The Gallardo is going away as the lowest weight of the Challenger (being the heaviest car) is 1412kg, putting the Lambo outside the power/weight ratio. The Scuderia has to go, as it's too light, stock.

Since Stalliono is running the GT1 class my GT1 cars are merely a suggestion. But they should be pretty even. Even the ACR should be even with the power upgrades the other cars will receive.
 
Last edited:
I might be running GT4 with the Masarati or the Aston Martin.
 
That's nice stuff that mate. Have to look online for the real life cars weight and power for the ones you didn't get .. GTR and Ford GT weight.

We going to have that 700bhp and 1250 as the final weight and power restrictions?

Because as you know weight is not undo-able.

I could just grind on "like the wind" to get the money back quickly really,
no bother even if I do overstep the weight (if it gets increased later on) I dont think I will reach 1250 anyway,
I don't mind, makes each car different because they reach different powers and weights. :D

Also you think it would be good idea to state that being over the max power is not acceptable at all.
And being under the Min weight is also not acceptable.

Or should it be...

2 bhp over max power is acceptable due to it being hard to tune the engine so finely.

Something like that.

Will be good to see how the GT2 class turns out, "bring any car within these rules" should be awesome, standard cars being brought to the race will be cool.
 
Last edited:
Back