FIA GT Interest Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 92 comments
  • 6,239 views
Just tested the 8C at Monza with only Aero mods and racing tires and it's a completely different animal. It actually handles pretty well. I think I shall be running it in GT4.

I don't know about the GT1 restrictions. So the GT-R's minimum weight is 1411. I like that as it prevents too much weight loss for some of the more powerful cars like the ACR.
 
Last edited:
I'm interested to drive in the GT2 :)

when do you have the races planned?
 
We going to have the GT1 weight at 1411?
That's quite high I reckon.
For GT1 anyway.

Or remove the GTR and replace with... 430 Scudaria or something?
Or the SpecV GTR, thats about 100kg lighter than normal GTR.


My Lambo SV is at

698bhp
1268Kg

Bedding in the engine a bit more will probably move it to 699 or 700bhp (it has already gone up by 4bhp while testing)

But I really don't mind if the GTR stays in, will just mean sticking with "Like the Wind" for an hour to get funds for new Lambo :P :P
 
Yeah or maybe 1350 to be closer with the GTR, up to you. The cars are all (max) 100bhp more powerful than the real GT1 so being a bit heavier would be fine surely :P
 
True. And these cars can be 100kg heavier than the real GT1 cars just to even things out.
 
Anyone have an idea when this will get underway?

My GT4 Entry
 
Last edited:
January sometime. I'm half hoping that the PP system will come in an update before it starts to make things a heck of a lot easier. But, I'm also wanting to wait until after the Holidays.
 
is it possible to do a part time season im very busy and would like to race with you guys
 
Added more cars to the GT1 class based on my Top Gear Test Track runs. However, according to those times my Corvette Z06 is faster than the ZR1, can anyone confirm this?
 
Should be made sticky somewhere on this site
"GT1 Class Specs"
"GT2 CLass Specs"
etc
etc
Yeah, not only Gtplanet, I mean Poliphony themselves should create class divisions with the specs based on Real Life Series.

- from the official FIA GT1 site:
Max horsepower:600hp according to 2010 regulation
Weight 1250kg according to 2010 regulation

i.e. this is the schedule of an aston martin DB9 technical specifications. All the cars have these specs with the exceptions of Corvette (which is 650hp and 1200kg) and Ford GT (which is 560hp and 1200kg) I don't know why of these exceptions maybe to keep similar performances on track. I presume OP called 700hp class "GT1" to include some interesting cars, but it's a bit misunderstanging beacuse of real life GT1 specs. You should call that 700hp class with another name.. (it's a class that doesn't exist in real life but of course it's in interesting one)

- this is the official site of GT2 european cup, no cars entered at the moment, I don't know the specs

- this is the official site of GT3 european cup and the cars entry
looking the specs of those cars there is not a specific kg/hp restriction but there is a "Power/Weight ratio" if you look the specs of the cars, you can see very different values for wight and power, but the cars should be remain in a certain "Power/Weight ratio" value.

- this is the official site of GT4 euro cup the rule is "Power/Weight ratio" too.

So this is what happen in real life, I hope it helps to take decision on the specs. To be honest I don't know if power/wight ratio will work in Gran Turismo 5, expecially in a pubblic lobby. Anyway I suggest you to don't use specific numpers like 1412kg or 1337kg. 1400 and 1300 sounds better in my humble opinion.

I am hoping that PD adds the ability to add weight to cars so we can hand out weight penalties. That would be VERY useful for GT2.
Also, keep in mind people, I do hold the right to exclude any cars from GT2 if the cars are too uneven, so please try to keep things fair.
Quote, we need something like prestations points or the chance to fine tune the number of hp and add wieght to the car.
 
You could add the RUF RGT for GT2 but of course it is very hard to find in the UCD.
 
From the OP
GT2 Cars: - 600hp - Weight Restrictions TBD
Maybe you can call it GT1 and set 1250kg, lot of nice cars can be in, and you will have the real life GT1 specs, that series with 700hp you can call it "Super GT1" or something else.. "Superstars GT1" things like that.
And about the GTR wight problem my SpecV is 1362kg with all the weight reducements

info in other cars:
RUF CTR2 can be 1269kg, or eventually less 1214kg
Saleen S7 stock have 564hp (after oil change) and 1250kg
 
I was thinking about sticking to cars that are actually involved in the real championship.
 
when you guys going try practice races? Also I agree with GTWelsh because from past experiences from other games, running more than 2 classes with a grid less than 16 cars makes the race less intense. It would feel like your playing GT psp with better graphics imo. Maybe we could have two rooms one with gt1 & 2 then the other GT 3 & 4. That is just my opinion, you guys don't need to listen.
 
Will the 458 Italia be added??

There is a race version being tested at fiorano to replace the 430.

I don't know if it would fit in with other cars??
 
There is a possible solution for the hp/weight issue: you want GT-R to compete at the same level with Ferrari Enzo? ok we just need some simple math:

- you need to decide the hp/weight limit first of all, i.e. 700hp and 1250kg
- then you find hp/weight ratio: 700 / 1250 = 0,56
- now 0.56 * the weight of your car
- so 0,56 * 1411 = 790,16
- 790,16 means the exhact number of hp to keep the same hp/weight ratio to the maximum limitations
- so Nissan GT-R with 790hp and 1411kg will have the same ratio of a 700hp 1250kg's Ferrari Enzo


- Add this system to all cars and you will have a sort of prestation points.
- You will need an higher hp limit in the room, the limit should be the heaviest car hp ratio, so 790hp 1250kg
- Of course other cars ratio must be under or equal to 0,56.
- if a car is still too fast/slow compared to other cars add/remove 10hp until you reach a perfectly balanced series. This should works!
 
Wich times are you making with the GT1s.

I laped a 1:05.xxx with a specv GTR at 600 hp. I think we should try to keep to the cars running in the series and try to use the 600 hp limit.
 
@HKS Racer
It's more likely the Enzo that would have to be tuned extremely if it wants to keep up with the GT-R... in theory the Enzo may be faster, but in the game...

Dates and time of day would be very nice to know as well as allowed assists, tyre limits etc. to see if it's something for me.
 
Why are people making this so complicated?:lol:
 
@HKS Racer
It's more likely the Enzo that would have to be tuned extremely if it wants to keep up with the GT-R... in theory the Enzo may be faster, but in the game...
Well that was just an exhample based on the concerns about Enzo in previous pages, this exhample was needed to explain the regulation, I can agree with you, who know what it really happen in the game? We need some test drive, you can always add/remove hp to balance the car's performances. But with the hp/weight ratio at least you have somethinhg to start with.
Why are people making this so complicated?
If there is a thread called FIA GT and you don't like real FIA GT rules it's not my fault. What I wrote is the official GT3 and GT4 Regulation, because of the very different weights of "what you call here GT1", OP can consider to apply the same idea to that class, it's a possible solution, not the only one. I'm interested to this thread mainly because I'm wondering how people handle these issues out, so I can have a better idea when I'll need to open my own series here, eventually with the same regulation of similar series.
 
Im not saying i dont like it what im saying is pick the cars that actually ran in the championship. Like the Vipers can go along with the Lexus and a couple Ferraris' and other that never actually competed. Eventually this going to become a mess and your going to have to test all 11 of those cars.
 
Im not saying i dont like it what im saying is pick the cars that actually ran in the championship. Like the Vipers can go along with the Lexus and a couple Ferraris' and other that never actually competed. Eventually this going to become a mess and your going to have to test all 11 of those cars.

But then the numbers of cars in each class would be uneven. I mean, we have all but the Porsche and Maserati for GT1, only a couple GT3 cars and pretty much all of the GT4 car and there's a lot of those.

I was trying to make the classes have an even number of cars to pick from.

Also, I've decided that races won't start until a PP system is implemented which should be in the next update or two.


In other news, I'm watching a FIA GT1 race on Speed and a lot of the cameras suck. And congrats to Aston Martin for beating the Maseratis and GT-Rs and Lambos...and the 1 corvette. Also, it's the Corvette Z06 in GT1, not the ZR1. Who said I needed to swap those lied.
 
Im in for the GT2 class :)

Just gonna find out wich car is best for this...

EDIT: Hope i can enter with a TVR Tuscan Speed 6 RM :)
 
Last edited:
SuperShouden, i haven't heard from you. WHat's going on? It takes u 3 weeks to test cars. I think this series should start after the holidays. The people, wanted to join mine then we should make it one race series. The Lexus really shouldn't be in it. The cars that should be in it:

1. Nissan GT-R 09
2. Aston Martin DB9

3. Lambo Murce or The Gallardo
4. Ford Ford GT
5. Chevy Corvette z06
6. To replace the MC12... I think it should be a Ferrari 458 or 430gt

That's what the list should look like. If u and i wanna keep like the FiA GT1 series then use those cars. ANother thing, get ruid of the other divisions. It's a waste of time.
 
Just want to share my recent findings with the Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes. I built a Z06 which weighs 1250kg (GT1 weight limit) with 699hp and it set a lap time around Laguna Seca (my test track) of 1:22.775. I also built a ZR1 which weighs 1281kg (lowest it can get without breaking 1250kg) and 703hp which is a slight concession given the slight excess in weight and it set a 1:22.445. Both cars are identical in suspension, drivetrain, transmission etc its just the engines and weights that differ. Going by this the Z06 and ZR1 are both GT1 cars I'd say.

BTW count me in for GT1 👍
 
Just want to share my recent findings with the Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes. I built a Z06 which weighs 1250kg (GT1 weight limit) with 699hp and it set a lap time around Laguna Seca (my test track) of 1:22.775. I also built a ZR1 which weighs 1281kg (lowest it can get without breaking 1250kg) and 703hp which is a slight concession given the slight excess in weight and it set a 1:22.445. Both cars are identical in suspension, drivetrain, transmission etc its just the engines and weights that differ. Going by this the Z06 and ZR1 are both GT1 cars I'd say.

BTW count me in for GT1 👍



I wouldn't have a problem with the ZR1. The Z06, is in the GT1 Series though. Maybe it's best to just go with the Z06. I guess it's a vote
 
Back