FIA GT Interest Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter SuperShouden
  • 92 comments
  • 6,239 views
Is this series still open?
I'm interested on a GT2 spot with a Scuderia...
 
so, is this all finalized yet, i dont want to blow 400000 on somthing i dont need? looks great though
 
i have the same series going on.. I guess it's better to just combine the 2 series. To make this series happen, everyone say the car your driving. The other gt series shouldn't happen. It's really a waste of time. So pick your car: Max Hp is 700, weight 1250KG. Let's get this on the road............ ASAP
 
i have the same series going on.. I guess it's better to just combine the 2 series. To make this series happen, everyone say the car your driving. The other gt series shouldn't happen. It's really a waste of time. So pick your car: Max Hp is 700, weight 1250KG. Let's get this on the road............ ASAP
I think you should start a topic here at gtp and let people run this series, then if Pd will eventually add a PP system things may change.
 
This looks good fun. Count me interested.
 
One thing I dont get is why PD cant just add in the proper GT1/2/3/4 cars into the game and have set championships...
 
Licensing probably. I mean, GT5 just came out before, there was a trailer for NFS Shift 2 that showed official FIA GT cars. My guess is that EA has an exclusive license for it. (however that might change eventually if they loose their current lawsuit.)

But, they have the majority of the cars. I mean, they're only missing a couple Lotuses and a KTM in GT4, the MC12 in GT1 and Porsche. And the PP system is coming eventually, which will make it a heck of a lot easier to make races like this easier.
 
I'll throw my hat into the ring, I'll use the GT-R in the GT1 Class.
 
I'll throw my hat into the ring, I'll use the GT-R in the GT1 Class.
 
I think you should start a topic here at gtp and let people run this series, then if Pd will eventually add a PP system things may change.

My topic was, actually 1st... Super just stole my series. Look at the creation, of the topic. You'll clearly see, mine was 1st then his with the GT2 & GT3 series. Maybe if you'll do a search u can find out for yourself
 
I think post the link was not so difficoult, it's your series
if somebody is actually interested to run gt1 go there.
 
I'm doing testing of the proposed GT1 cars at the moment and as yet have tested the Nissan GTR and Corvette ZR1 at Laguna Seca and posted similar lap times. They've both scored 1:22's (ZR1 - 1281kg/703hp, GTR - 1411kg/710hp) tho both are overweight and as such are slightly overpowered to compensate even tho the GTR as is is just as fast as the ZR1. I'll do up a full list of the GT1 cars and provide the weight/hp and lap time I achieve and post them up here soon to benchmark all cars against each other. Stay tuned...

And here we are, the results for 4 of the 6-7 cars (not prepared to spend up on the exotics just for a test...).
Nissan GTR - 1411kg/710hp - 1:22.554
Corvette ZR1 - 1281kg/703hp - 1:22.445
Ford GT - 1261kg/698hp - 1:22.275
Viper ACR - 1257kg/698hp - 1:23.604

Lap times are all at Laguna Seca on Racing Soft tires set with the Sixaxis controller.
 
Last edited:
I'm doing testing of the proposed GT1 cars at the moment and as yet have tested the Nissan GTR and Corvette ZR1 at Laguna Seca and posted similar lap times. They've both scored 1:22's (ZR1 - 1281kg/703hp, GTR - 1411kg/710hp) tho both are overweight and as such are slightly overpowered to compensate even tho the GTR as is is just as fast as the ZR1. I'll do up a full list of the GT1 cars and provide the weight/hp and lap time I achieve and post them up here soon to benchmark all cars against each other. Stay tuned...

And here we are, the results for 4 of the 6-7 cars (not prepared to spend up on the exotics just for a test...).
Nissan GTR - 1411kg/710hp - 1:22.554
Corvette ZR1 - 1281kg/703hp - 1:22.445
Ford GT - 1261kg/698hp - 1:22.275
Viper ACR - 1257kg/698hp - 1:23.604

Lap times are all at Laguna Seca on Racing Soft tires set with the Sixaxis controller.


Interesting that the Viper is the slowest so far.

I'm doing my own little testing across 5 tracks (Nurburgring GP/F, Monza Rain, Indy Road, Daytona Road and Cape Ring Periphery) and, after completing the GT4 cars, I REALLY wish I could make some adjustments. The Maserati is by far the fastest. And the M3 isn't too far behind. This is why I want to wait for the PP system to be introduced. From the current point, it wouldn't take too much to make them even across all tracks. As it stands, Dayotona and Indy have the most consistent times.
 
I think having power - weight - tire restrictions should apply to all the classes but have an open car entry, but having no RM's allowed and no race cars allowed.

700bhp and 1250kg GTE (GT Exotics);
400bhp and 1400kg GTS [Sports tires only] (GT Sports);
600bhp and 1250kg GT1;
And then keep to the specs of GT2 GT3 and GT4;

All should be fine if that happended I think :) .

Just my ideas, I'm not saying include all the race series's.
Just some ideas :) .
 
GT4 is going to have a 1350kg weight restriction 'cause the Maserati, which is the heaviest stock car, ended up blowing way it's competitors by at least 2 seconds on every track. This should also slow down the M3.

Testing GT3 cars and so far, everything's pretty even. I'm gonna test the Mustang again to see if I can't get it's times down. However, if I can't I'll replace it with something else.

I kinda like the GTS class. If I restrict cars to 600hp in GT1...There are a couple that would need replacing. The SLS, Audi R8, GT, GT-R and maybe the Viper if you keep it stock would be acceptable. And I'm actually going to let Stalliano take care of GT1.
 
It seems a bone stock power and weight wise McLaren F1 with a front splitter and rear wing on racing softs is good for a 1:22.334 at Laguna Seca, so my question is can I use it?
 
Last edited:
I'll get to GT2 proposals after I take care of testing the other cars. Luckily I just have my GT1 cars which is pointless really 'cause I'm not going to run GT1 and Stalliano already has cars picked out.
 
following this and might try to get in on this, if anything i'm using your class restrictions right now for the cars listed.
 
Okay so the Mustang was too slow. Even with 555hp it was running GT4 class times. So, as replacements there are four options:

1. Dodge Viper SRT10 Coupe - 509hp, 1565kg
2. Mercedes C63 - 450hp, 1730kg
3. Mercedes SL55 AMG - 493hp, 1970kg
4. Audi R8 4.2 FSI R Tronic (V8) - 414hp, 1560kg

I like the Viper as it would pit Viper and Challenger up against Corvette and Camaro. But the Mercs or the Audi would add variety. So it's up to you. Which one do you want?
 
Last edited:
GT4 could be the new muscle series :P I like the idea of having the viper in there :).
 
Accept it can't. The new Mustang can't really compete with the Challenger and Camaro. To put it in perspective, the Mustang was running 2:09.xxx at Nurburgring GP/F, the Challenger and Camaro ran 2:04.xxx and 2:03.xxx.

So, yeah, 5 and 6 seconds apart wouldn't cut it.

And I didn't just pick the Viper. I'm giving people choices.

I'm going to take down the GT1 list, as I'm not going to run it since there's already someone running GT1 races. The XKR and California might go, as well, but probably not. They're a little slow on a couple tracks but even on others.
 
On another racing league I'm in there was a race with the gran turismo s and the camaro from 2010 competing together. I'll find it and tell you if there was mods to the cars. If there was mods I'll show it via PM to who's in charge.

Edit: okay so we were allowed buy the aero parts we wanted for either car and change the oil so I'm presuming that they're equal as stock.
 
Super, whenever everyone wants to run this series let me know..
 
alright. I still wish I could add and subtract weight. GT4 would be dead even then. GT3 as well.

Stalliano, feel free to start the GT1 series whenever and with whatever cars. The GT1 cars I had are the last cars I have to test other than the remaining two GT3 cars. (the Jag XKR and whatever replaces the Mustang)
 
Stupid post , will edit in a sec when I have some useful things to say.
 
Just to add to the mayhem, pulled a 1:22.891 in a 553hp/1020kg Z06 RM on Laguna Seca and thats the fastest I could get with it. Was running 1:23's all day but that 1:22 was my best...
 
ok... Everyone that wants to race in GT1. Post the following info. So i can get a head count. I wanna start soon.. Here's the info i want:

List Of Cars:


Aston Martin DB9
Chevy Corvette Z06
Ford Ford GT 06
Nissan GT-R 07 or 09
Lambo Gallardo or Murcielago Lp640
Maserati GranTurismo S ‘08




PSN:
GT1 Car:

Team Color:
 
Last edited:
ok... Everyone that wants to race in GT1. Post the following info. So i can get a head count. I wanna start soon.. Here's the info i want:

List Of Cars:


Aston Martin DB9
Chevy Corvette Z06
Ford Ford GT 06
Nissan GT-R 07 or 09
Lambo Gallardo or Murcielago Lp640
Maserati GranTurismo S ‘08




PSN:
GT1 Car:
Teammate:
Team Color:

I'm interested. But will you limit the horspower?? Weight??
 
The Horsepower, is set at 700hp.. The weight is 1250
 
Back