FIA GT World Championship [S2] | Aboe and SK8RBOI Are Champions!Finished 

Great job Jake:) Great way to end a season with a podium even though you almost clinched second
Thanks, Gabguss just got me on the straight, and then the finish ended up with me right on his rear bumper. I knew I was going to get a podium this season, just not when.

Season Report​
Drivers: 4th
Teams: 4th
Favorite Race: Red Bull Ring
Least favorite race: Monza
Favorite rival: @James Cooper

I had a fantastic start to the season, the slim victory at RBR had given me the impression that I would be one of the front runners of the season, while I was very consistent and fast at times, I just didn't have the raw pace to compete for overall victories, I finally got my chance at the Suzuka Sprint when everyone had an accident, literally, everyone had some form of incident except for me :P. Throughout the season, however, @SK8RBOI was just uncatchable, very few people could match the speed of the BMW's all season.

@James Cooper, while I didn't race you that often, you were always very close to me in points, If I was in 5th place, you would be in 4th. If we are both in AM next year, I will enjoy fighting you for the title again 👍.

@Shahar, you are a wonderful teammate, I feel that we could've done a lot better if we were in closer time zones however :lol:. you were the faster driver in Lexus but I was moreso consistent, making us a very formidable team, I hope to race alongside or even against you next season 👍

To all of AM: Oh boy, what an interesting bunch you guys are, we had our good times, our bad times, and just plain weird times, there were times when I wanted to bash my PS3 into pieces, and times when I wanted to hug you guys, but I guess that's what sim racing does to a guy :cheers:.

To the Pro guys: I'm calling NASA on all of you cause you are all aliens, no human can drive that fast:sly:

I hope everyone here takes care of themselves and live life to the fullest

P.S. If you are interested in S3, please stay subscribed to this thread cause it will be important for how S3 plays out :sly:

Season Report​
Drivers: 4th
Teams: 4th
Favorite Race: Red Bull Ring
Favorite rival: @James Cooper

I had a fantastic start to the season, the slim victory at RBR had given me the impression that I would be one of the front runners of the season, while I was very consistent and fast at times, I just didn't have the raw pace to compete for overall victories, I finally got my chance at the Suzuka Sprint when everyone had an accident, literally, everyone had some form of incident except for me :P. Throughout the season, however, @SK8RBOI was just uncatchable, very few people could match the speed of the BMW's all season.

@James Cooper, while I didn't race you that often, you were always very close to me in points, If I was in 5th place, you would be in 4th. If we are both in AM next year, I will enjoy fighting you for the title again 👍.

@Shahar, you are a wonderful teammate, I feel that we could've done a lot better if we were in closer time zones however :lol:. you were the faster driver in Lexus but I was moreso consistent, making us a very formidable team, I hope to race alongside or even against you next season 👍

To all of AM: Oh boy, what an interesting bunch you guys are, we had our good times, our bad times, and just plain weird times, there were times when I wanted to bash my PS3 into pieces, and times when I wanted to hug you guys, but I guess that's what sim racing does to a guy :cheers:.

To the Pro guys: I'm calling NASA on all of you cause you are all aliens, no human can drive that fast:sly:

I hope everyone here takes care of themselves and live life to the fullest

P.S. If you are interested in S3, please stay subscribed to this thread cause it will be important for how S3 plays out :sly:

Drivers: 2nd
Teams: 2nd
Teammate: @James Cooper
Favorite Race: Stuck between Nurburgring 24H and Spa.
Least favorite race: Suzuka, Laguna
Favorite rival: Between @Ryan Lynch and @joetruckv8

Well, where should I start. The Start of the pre season showed promise. Was running 3rd behind the two Lexus then DCd that was something. I after the pre-season where I was running by myself, similar to season l. Then, one of my internet companions, @James Cooper, came and decided to join our series. He was going to pick the viper at first and as I saw from him testing the Viper before joining he could have challenged FRS to the title with that car. Running in the 1:21s and 1:20s on RH. But choose to run the vette with me :).

We had our ups and downs with this car. She just wouldn't turn at times :/. However, we proved that we were fast and consistent enough to be title contenders finishing 2nd and 3rd in the championship and 2nd in the Teams. Every weekend we had a chance to win it was made obvious by where we qualified, our race pace, and where we finished. However, we were struck with a lot of bad luck this season but still produce extremely good result from each weekend. :)

Had great battles with @joetruckv8 and @Ryan Lynch through out the season. I came close to wining at Monza going up against Joe and Ryan, Spa, and had great pace going at the Nurburgring that If I had more time I could have caught up to Rasta but I was running a fuel strategy at the Nurburgring and on the last lap I had to cruise to make sure that I made it. However through the night I gained a whole minute to both Rasta and Lynch and I carried that momentum into the morning to overtake Ryan when he made a mistake.

However, had a great season and looking forward to S3 :)

P.S as @Brutaka said stay subscribed to this thread for upcoming news for S3 and a new series that will come out. I don't want to let out too much in fear of breaking promises but I'am planing to get a Le Mans series together with a GT class similar to this one with similar specs that will be integrated to S3. Yes, I do have a draft of the series, the LMP car list, LMP car specs, the GT car list, the calendar list, etc. Everything is pretty much in a draft already. Just two things left. 1) to finish specs for S3 GT cars. 2) College work load has to be minimal especially since this week is mid-terms. I want to start this series sometime in November or December. It is a small calendar so It will not intervene with S3. However, if college becomes a headache with studying then the series won't happen in November. However, for sure the series will happen in the summer of 2015 after the S3 season has passed. This Le Mans Series will happen, and yes this Le Mans series will be very similar to this series.

Sorry couldn't make it in the end, I didn't get home from my rowing race until 10pm last night.

Well done all for a great season of racing, it taught me so much, and I hope I can attend more races in the next one!

Race report from the Green hell!
Quali: 5th
Did a nice fast run though I spun and lost round 5 secs. Overall very good quali considering the track
Enduro 2h:
The race started well as I got some breathing space in front of Gabguss in the 1st lap. He overtook me on the straight but I was happy to hang on his tail with a good margin to the rest of the pack. My strategy was to do 2 pits, 2x5 laps on RH and last stint on RM, seems like the leaders did the same. I knew that this race will be all about focus and keeping it during the night part with critical around the time I had to pit for mediums. Then it was still dark, tyres were losing much grip and we had already 1,5h racing. Before that I cruised past accident between Jake and Racingline. I was running 3rd surprisingly behind the two Audis of eol and Gab. I knew Jake was on another strategy and he jumped me in the pits though I knew he had older rubber and I was getting him on RM. I did perfectly keeping good pace and overtook Jake into Adenau around lap 11. Then eol disconnected (sorry) and Gab had a accident and was limping. This meant the 1st place was given to me at a silver plate at lap 12. With 2 laps remaining my RM were just starting to deteriorate. I was keeping aboe at roughly 4 secs, maybe he was catching slightly. Twelve laps I did not do a single mistake anywhere, no spins no running wide no missing apexes. It all sounded too good with all the problems rest of the pack had. Of course green hell reminded of himself and on lap 12 just after the long straight in the first part of the track I lost concentration for a moment and over-cut the left-hander bouncing of the high curb and flying at 200 kmh into the barrier. That resulted in very heavy damage to my rear back and a car very close to riding a raging bull. I am sorry @aboe for causing you going wide. From then on it was 20 km formation lap pace and a lot of sweat keeping my G27 straight:). Finished 6th and missed a podium finish. However, I am very pleased with my driving and the car felt wonderful here, especially in the twisty parts and the S- curves in 1st sector.

My season overview will come after see my final standing :)

Season summary:
Drivers: 7th
Teams: 5th
Teammate: @Litchi (first half of the season)
Favorite Race: Nurburgring 24H.
Tracks I enjoyed: Laguna, Suzuka
Favorite rivals: crelou and husqvarnman

Thank you all for this fruitful season. I joined in order to improve my consistency and tuning skills. I think I've done both by some margin though my poor Lexus was so under-powered. However it was very fun to drive in the twisty, very composed car ( i guess complete opposite to the Audi). I look forward to S3. Also driving with full damage is very realistic and fun. Some feedback on the series:
What was good: the organisation, information flow, variety cars and tracks, night racing
What could improve: earlier race times, maybe have free weekends, more hp for the Lexus and less for the Audi :), longer season (10 races)

Take care racers!
Georgi

Nurburgring summary:
Quali 3rd - as i made lots of practice over last week i was pretty satisfy with my pace of qualifying round and I was so close to catch 2nd qualifying position,but than sudenlly,other drivers started to chat and my concentration was lost.Still dont understand why there was chatting over qualification was running?!?!?
Enduro - last position.i was waiting parked in pit lane to others racers finish the whole race.first i was very very angry,than sad,and than disapointed.
i was very good on the practice over the week,got very good P3 and than..rolling start...third turn....one of the drivers who was just behind me...he lost patience...bumped me..dammage,both back wheels..Ok,I know,its racing...also i know its very boring to talk about patience and "no win in first corner" things.....but this race was very very long,and really..come on..just alittle patience..we all will come to the straights,and than faster car/racer can pass slowers..but,no....
disapointed,but hey,its all about racing ;)

Hello everyone! I'm sorry that I could not gave you guys a feedback about attend or not the race. I'm just so busy with job and university, but the main problem is that my grandfather is still in hospital, and I'm trying to give my best to support my family.

Hope you guys understand, and if everything goes well, I'll be here for Season 3!! :cheers:.

I hope Season 3 doesn't start too early :) Really looking forward to joining this championship and perfecting my race craft. I have raw pace, but Quali and Racing are 2 different disciplines. Plus I only got GT6 last week (almost finished receiving Platinum for GT5, I can smell it). Hopefully Season 3 In December or January :)

BTW, congrats to everyone who attended this championships. From what I am reading, sounds like everyone had fun :)

I hope Season 3 doesn't start too early :) Really looking forward to joining this championship and perfecting my race craft. I have raw pace, but Quali and Racing are 2 different disciplines. Plus I only got GT6 last week (almost finished receiving Platinum for GT5, I can smell it). Hopefully Season 3 In December or January :)

BTW, congrats to everyone who attended this championships. From what I am reading, sounds like everyone had fun :)
It starts in January:) Lucky You!

Hello everyone! I'm sorry that I could not gave you guys a feedback about attend or not the race. I'm just so busy with job and university, but the main problem is that my grandfather is still in hospital, and I'm trying to give my best to support my family.

Hope you guys understand, and if everything goes well, I'll be here for Season 3!! :cheers:.
No worries Leoni was happy to have you as a teammate!

Well I got some news about me recording season 3, I won't be doing it. From what you guys can see, I have been missing recent races and not being able to get some footage. I've been getting busier by the week. This doesn't mean I'll be long gone and nowhere to be found. I'll be watching the S3 thread when it does get created.

So until next time,
Ameer

Well I got some news about me recording season 3, I won't be doing it. From what you guys can see, I have been missing recent races and not being able to get some footage. I've been getting busier by the week. This doesn't mean I'll be long gone and nowhere to be found. I'll be watching the S3 thread when it does get created.

So until next time,
Ameer
That is fine:) thanks for this season though!

I didn't do much of the race, but I got what I wanted out of the experience. Being the new guy I really just wanted to get a taste of how everything worked and the level of competition before S3 starts. I had hoped to be able to run some laps at least somewhat close to others, but I had a minor incident early which created a gap and then I got a phone call I had to take which led to me just parking it. I still had a good time and am looking forward to S3!

Sadly, I cannot classify myself as a alien driver. I was too slow with what should be a good car. :(

Well done all for a great season of racing, it taught me so much, and I hope I can attend more races in the next one!
I hope I can make more races next season as well. It may require my changing my hours of availability at work though.

Back