@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@RodeRuner1967
@racefan88
@gustames73
@-vinc'-
@Shahar
@Joao71

TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE, REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE TAKE OFF QUOTE MARKS AND ADD YOUR NAME IN EITHER OPTIONS. MAKE SURE YOU ARE REPLYING TO THE LASTEST ONE! OTHERWISE THE LIST WILL NOT BE CORRECT... IF YOU CANNOT DO SO ASK THE STAFF TO DO IT FOR YOU.

The ups and downs of racing...

Quali: 4th
Race: 3rd

Quali went surprisingly well, although my time itself was a little disappointing as I'd hoped to be able to break into the 2:16's by this point. Given that it's almost a given that the Audi and BMW drivers will occupy the top spots, 4th was actually pretty decent.

Onto the race... The plan was to stay out of trouble (as it always is, actually) and this time, unlike at Monza, I managed to do just that. Racingline and eol- seemed to be having a decent battle just ahead of me and I saw eol- snatch second into Les Combes iirc. The straight line pace of the Audi meant that this wasn't too much of a surprise early on. With Racingline now in third, my intention was to just sit behind him and hopefully pick up some of his tow around the track to keep me in touch with a quick eol- in the Audi. What was surprising was that it seemed, at first anyway, that Racingline was losing a little time to 2nd. More surprising, still, was that I managed to make a pass myself. Unfortunately, though, I was unable to make inroads on the slight lead eol- had made up to this point and I actually fell back down to 4th. It was at this point that I was thinking about pit strategy - the plan being to stop a few laps earlier than eol- so that I could make up a load of time on him on fresher tyres. So, in I came on lap 10 (the exact same lap as my team mate actually) to put on some new boots and out I went to close down the gap to eol-. This didn't quite go to plan, though, as I came out just behind a gaggle of cars, one of which was infodevil in the Vette, who also had really good pace. He managed to pass the cars ahead and I followed suit shortly after. Then he and I battled for a few laps which was enjoyable and clean. A tincy bit of contact here & there but no damage was incurred by either driver so it was all good. But, I think this battle lost me just enough time so that when eol- did eventually pit, he came out with enough of a gap so that I couldn't latch onto his tow. I did close up on him a little as he became acclimatised to the new rubber, but once he got going he was off again.
I wasn't entirely sure what had happened to Racingline during the first pit stops but he seemed to have lost some time and iirc I was actually in 3rd again after things had settled down... and by quite some margin.
From here on in it was simply a case of remaining focussed enough for the duration of the race and doing my best to make sure I was going fast enough to make it hard for Racingline to catch back up again but also careful enough not to make any costly errors. He was catching, and at quite a rate as well, but luckily for me he ran out of laps to close the gap and make a pass and I got a surprising podium out of a race which I was expecting to really struggle in. I guess some of the other guys just struggled that little bit more than me on the day, which made the difference.
Come the end of the race, Michouw had extended his lead to me by over a minute - his pace was truly staggering. I'd been keeping tabs on the fastest lap graphic and was in awe of the low 2:14 he'd managed as I think my best on the RM was a mid 2:15. Grats Michouw - nice driving.
Well done to eol- for powering home his Audi to a great debut podium finish as well.
Nice driving crelou - another strong performance there. Good to see you also improve upon your grid position :)

Anyway, after a win in the first round and a shockingly bad round at Monza, to then be back on the podium in only my 3rd race here at the FIA GTWC feels pretty decent. I know that to achieve podium results in this league it's really gonna be a case of me having a good race and others having a bad one. That's happened twice now - lucky me I guess.

Ronan Keating must have been having premonitions about this league when he penned his song Rollercoaster :D

See you at Suzuka guys 👍

Great job on the review aboe, I wanted to make one as well but it takes a bit of time and last days it seems I always have something to do hehe ^^

Let's hope for a good clean race in Suzuka like Spa was but maybe a bit more "confrontations" if you know what I mean 👍

FIA GTWC Attendance List for Suzuka Circuit Event

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
CodDemon101
Leoni Dias
Pedro Martins (R)
aboe
Husqvarman
smsdry
crelou
Michouw
FLEURY

NOT ATTENDING
RacingLine

UNCONFIRMED
@GTP_SkyBridge
@yuc2002
@JakeKing39
@pyrates
@gtp_Tenderly
@CAMikaze
@Gabguss

------------------------------------------------------------------------

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
Brutaka
bcd73
Shahar

NOT ATTENDING
Toshost

UNCONFIRMED
@BAKEMISTER
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@Rasta4889
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@RodeRuner1967
@racefan88
@gustames73
@-vinc'-
@Shahar
@Joao71

TO CONFIRM ATTENDANCE, REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE TAKE OFF QUOTE MARKS AND ADD YOUR NAME IN EITHER OPTIONS. MAKE SURE YOU ARE REPLYING TO THE LASTEST ONE! OTHERWISE THE LIST WILL NOT BE CORRECT... IF YOU CANNOT DO SO ASK THE STAFF TO DO IT FOR YOU.

I can't participate due to my F1 season starting September 21st.

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
CodDemon101
Leoni Dias
Pedro Martins (R)
aboe
Husqvarman
smsdry
crelou
Michouw
FLEURY
yuc2002

NOT ATTENDING
RacingLine

UNCONFIRMED
@GTP_SkyBridge
@JakeKing39
@pyrates
@gtp_Tenderly
@CAMikaze
@Gabguss

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
Brutaka
bcd73
Shahar

NOT ATTENDING
Toshost

UNCONFIRMED
@BAKEMISTER
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@Rasta4889
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@RodeRuner1967
@racefan88
@gustames73
@-vinc'-
@Shahar
@Joao71

Great job on the review aboe, I wanted to make one as well but it takes a bit of time and last days it seems I always have something to do hehe ^^

Let's hope for a good clean race in Suzuka like Spa was but maybe a bit more "confrontations" if you know what I mean 👍

Well I guess it'll be tough to match the Audi's pace around most of the tracks this season, but I'll give it a go, sure.

Perhaps things will be closer at Bathurst ;)

Well I guess it'll be tough to match the Audi's pace around most of the tracks this season, but I'll give it a go, sure.

Perhaps things will be closer at Bathurst ;)
I wonder how the BMW car used for grading would have fared in this championship :P

I wonder how the BMW car used for grading would have fared in this championship :P

Well I'm not really the person to ask about that as I didn't really do much testing for the grading, unfortunately. I wanted to get it done asap as I was a late entry and wanted to be sure of a spot in this good series. It's a nice car to drive though, I was able to get a decent feel for it almost straight away. Besides, it was the car (albeit, a tuned version) which I won the Bathurst 12 Hour race in back in February, so I already had ample experience with it I suppose.
Luckily for me, though, it seemed that not too many other people had done much testing either, judging by the times anyway, and I even recall some talk of actually going slow on purpose to ensure an AM division place.

That's a colorful post
Somehow, the color formatting in the original Entry List post was lost, so I had a go at restoring it to some degree. For some odd reason, that has since re-vanished.:confused::guilty:

qvRIdWP.png

FIA GTWC | Information

New rule

We noticed that most of reports we received are for the sprint race. We think that drivers have a lack of concentration during the Sprint so they do more mistakes etc. For this reason, we decided to change the race format. Here is the new rule:

- Qualifier: We change nothing on that, you still have 1 out-lap and 2 flying laps to submit your superlap.
- Sprint: 20mn. This Sprint is the "Qualifier" for the Endurance. Points system is the same as our current format (1st=16, 2nd=15, etc)
- Grid based on previous race results
- Endurance: 1hour. The Endurance will start right after the sprint (maybe a 5mn break will be enough, just to give stewards the time to take photoshoots of the results, save replay etc.)

Particular rules:

- When stewards will check your car specs before the Qualifier, you will not be allowed to go in the setting page anymore, especially between Sprint and Endurance. That way, stewards will not have to do a 2nd check before the Endurance.

In any case, if you're caught being in your setting page after the Sprint, you will have an instant Disqualification and will not be allowed to run the Endurance. So make sure that your car is well prepared before the Qualifier.
Also, you will not loose pp/hp with this new format. Indeed, a 20mn race is not enough to loose power. So there is no reason to go in the setting page after the Sprint.
You are not allowed to change car between the Sprint and Endurance. We implement this rule just in case some of you bought a "clone" and want to run with a "frash car" in both races. Of course, you will have an instant disqualification if you're caught browsing your garage and will not be allowed to run the Endurance.

- The Option page is obviously allowed, in case you need to change your tires.
- Fastest lap bonus point only apply for the Endurance
- Pole bonus point only apply for the Qualifier

If you have any question, please ask on the forum.

Thank you

The Staff

-------------------------------------​

Round 3 is now live, Thanks Ameer :cheers:

Taking a page out of the FIA GT1/GT/Blancpain GT Championship Regulations book regarding race format, are ya?:D That's fine by me here as I have no objections on the changes. I'll try to remember to put my car back into the grid box once the lobby is reset from the Sprint Race.

The question now is are the starts for each races the same(Grid w/False Start Check for Sprint, Rolling Start for Feature) or will there be a change in that as well in the form of a Rolling Start for the Sprint Race and 5 additional minutes of time for that to compensate?

Somehow, the color formatting in the original Entry List post was lost, so I had a go at restoring it to some degree. For some odd reason, that has since re-vanished.:confused::guilty:

Taking a page out of the FIA GT1/GT/Blancpain GT Championship Regulations book regarding race format, are ya?:D That's fine by me here as I have no objections on the changes. I'll try to remember to put my car back into the grid box once the lobby is reset from the Sprint Race.

The question now is are the starts for each races the same(Grid w/False Start Check for Sprint, Rolling Start for Feature) or will there be a change in that as well in the form of a Rolling Start for the Sprint Race and 5 additional minutes of time for that to compensate?
In Blancpain both Sprint and Endurance races are rolling starts...

In Blancpain both Sprint and Endurance races are rolling starts...
To make things easier to understand for everyone, we'll keep the same start rules than what we used before:
Sprint: Standing start, false start check
Endurance: Rolling start.

I'm going to write up OP#2 for Suzuka with all informations today 👍

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
CodDemon101
Leoni Dias
Pedro Martins (R)
aboe
Husqvarman
smsdry
crelou
Michouw
FLEURY
yuc2002

NOT ATTENDING
RacingLine

UNCONFIRMED
@GTP_SkyBridge
@JakeKing39
@pyrates
@gtp_Tenderly
@CAMikaze
@Gabguss

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
Brutaka
bcd73
Shahar
Rasta4889

NOT ATTENDING
Toshost

UNCONFIRMED
@BAKEMISTER
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@RodeRuner1967
@racefan88
@gustames73
@-vinc'-
@Shahar
@Joao71

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
CodDemon101
Leoni Dias
Pedro Martins (R)
aboe
Husqvarman
smsdry
crelou
Michouw
FLEURY
yuc2002

NOT ATTENDING
RacingLine

UNCONFIRMED
@GTP_SkyBridge
@JakeKing39
@pyrates
@gtp_Tenderly
@CAMikaze
@Gabguss

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
Brutaka
bcd73
Shahar
Rasta4889
-vinc'-

NOT ATTENDING
Toshost

UNCONFIRMED
@BAKEMISTER
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@RodeRuner1967
@racefan88
@gustames73
@Shahar
@Joao71

Hi, guys. Brutaka and Joetruck, thanks for the contact.
After a couple of years I finally got a little break from work, that's why I was absent. I'm really sorry to say, but I will need to leave the series. Good racing for you all, best of wishes, and congratulations to the organization for this incredibly well planned championship. See you around.

After a couple of years I finally got a little break from work, that's why I was absent. I'm really sorry to say, but I will need to leave the series. Good racing for you all, best of wishes, and congratulations to the organization for this incredibly well planned championship. See you around.

Sounds to me that after waiting so long for a break from work that it's a well deserved break so enjoy it :D

Hope to see you back here soon maybe.

No need to apologize, life comes first 👍

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
CodDemon101
Leoni Dias

NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED
@Michouw
@GTP_SkyBridge
@aboe
@Husqvarman
@yuc2002
@JakeKing39
@crelou
@RacingLine
@pyrates
@gtp_Tenderly
@CAMikaze
@smsdry
@Gabguss
@FLEURY
@Pedro Martins

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
NOT ATTENDING

UNCONFIRMED
@BAKEMISTER
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@Toshost
@Rasta4889
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@RodeRuner1967
@racefan88
@Brutaka
@gustames73
@-vinc'-
@Shahar
@Joao71

Noooo, Warrior take a weekend off, lol J/K :)

What's up guys! How's it going? I was just checking in ;) hey I was looking through my old emails and came across GT3 Season 1 emails... man that brought back some epic memories for me! I still remember, first race at Monza. All of the fun I had while @CodDemon101, @Litchi, @pyrates, and @SSJGZWarrior overtook me for their 5th time ;) I just kept saying, I am not here for the win, just the thrill of racing.

What's up guys! How's it going? I was just checking in ;) hey I was looking through my old emails and came across GT3 Season 1 emails... man that brought back some epic memories for me! I still remember, first race at Monza. All of the fun I had while @CodDemon101, @Litchi, @pyrates, and @SSJGZWarrior overtook me for their 5th time ;) I just kept saying, I am not here for the win, just the thrill of racing.
Hey Charlie it's been awhile. Season 2 has been going great we have a big entry list going but and I do miss the times from season one. It would be awesome to have you racing with us again :)

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
CodDemon101
Leoni Dias
Pedro Martins (R)
aboe
Husqvarman
smsdry
crelou
Michouw
FLEURY
yuc2002

NOT ATTENDING
RacingLine

UNCONFIRMED
@GTP_SkyBridge
@JakeKing39
@pyrates
@gtp_Tenderly
@CAMikaze
@Gabguss

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
Brutaka
bcd73
Shahar

NOT ATTENDING
Toshost
T-n-T-2000

UNCONFIRMED
@BAKEMISTER
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@Rasta4889
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@racefan88
@gustames73
@-vinc'-
@Shahar
@Joao71

QiFz07C.png

ATTENDING
CodDemon101
Leoni Dias
Pedro Martins (R)
aboe
Husqvarman
smsdry
crelou
Michouw
FLEURY
yuc2002

NOT ATTENDING
RacingLine

UNCONFIRMED
@GTP_SkyBridge
@JakeKing39
@pyrates
@gtp_Tenderly
@CAMikaze
@Gabguss

G8mqtA6.png

ATTENDING
SSJGZWarrior
James Cooper (R)
Brutaka
bcd73
Shahar
Rasta4889
-vinc'-
bcd73

NOT ATTENDING

Toshost
T-n-T-2000

UNCONFIRMED
@BAKEMISTER
@joetruckv8
@SK8RBOI
@GTP Ziggy
@Ryan Lynch
@1Lambofan
@racefan88
@gustames73
@Joao71

To make things easier to understand for everyone, we'll keep the same start rules than what we used before:
Sprint: Standing start, false start check
Endurance: Rolling start.

I'm going to write up OP#2 for Suzuka with all informations today 👍
It states two formation lap speeds: 130kph and 100kph. Which one is correct?

Back