FIA WEC Is done until GT7.Finished 

• Thread starter Toshost
  • 754 comments

Which track would you like to be Round 6 in FIA WEC?

• Mid Field

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Monza

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Laguna Seca

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Grand Valley

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • A1 RedBull Ring

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Cape Ring

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said I was out of this season. It just doesn't work for me right now. And ever since I couldn't join the lobby from the start I gave up from that point. I felt my time was wasted putting in the time to get on pace to arrive and you start without me after everyone else was having connection troubles which then gave me connection troubles.

I think that's bang out and so I won't be competing in this season at all.

I said I was out of this season. It just doesn't work for me right now. And ever since I couldn't join the lobby from the start I gave up from that point. I felt my time was wasted putting in the time to get on pace to arrive and you start without me after everyone else was having connection troubles which then gave me connection troubles.

I think that's bang out and so I won't be competing in this season at all.

Don't worry mate the championship just shut down.

Announcement

Its not only because PS3 GT6 online racing is dead its because most of the people are unserious, 7 days of the year. Only 7 days. When you can not race the whole season then you sign up as a reserve. I hope next year we will have more P2 cars in GT7 and i hope finally some serious people will turn out. See you then good luck to everyone and special thanks for the people that showed up at Silverstone and Spa.

@Toshost
@elias94120
@lxmmy
@LITTLEBLACKO
@Dan181295
@Jam__155
@gtic_ybear
@Mikey24
@GTP Ziggy
@andp132
@Dstoyanov
@GTP_TLE152
@Danny99
@Mike458
@Brutaka
@SK8RBOI
@GremlinWon
@goofytyler
@Harsk100
@TNR_KING_FILO
@ZedMan1996
@dangerzone641
@JohnnyB
@JakeKing39
@Toshost
@Flryork

@Toshost it's a damn game. If you want a serious simulation game where everyone on it are just as serious where it's the only thing that happens in their life then buy yourself a PC and get on a real simulator and train yourself to be quick on that.
GT6 is far from a simulator and that's fact. Anything on console I believe cannot represent anything of realism because consoles are designed to be played with a controller, nothing more, nothing less.

@Toshost it's a damn game. If you want a serious simulation game where everyone on it are just as serious where it's the only thing that happens in their life then buy yourself a PC and get on a real simulator and train yourself to be quick on that.
GT6 is far from a simulator and that's fact. Anything on console I believe cannot represent anything of realism because consoles are designed to be played with a controller, nothing more, nothing less.
GT6 is a simulator and its meant to be played with a wheel. Why do you think they have GT Academy

GT6 is far from a simulation if you get yourself on a Pc. I know this from experience in both fields.
I race seriously on Pc. I have also driven cars like a subaru imprezza to name one in real life and a golf tdi. I know what "real" feels like.
As GT6 states on its front cover "real driving simulator " I think it's mid-sold to many of us.
Have I proven enough that this game is tilted to the arcade and casual gamers than to the realism aspect?
Not to mention I use a wheel aswell.
Look forward to your argument back. If you think GT6 is realistic you clearly haven't driven a real sim or a real car.

GT6 is far from a simulation if you get yourself on a Pc. I know this from experience in both fields.
I race seriously on Pc. I have also driven cars like a subaru imprezza to name one in real life and a golf tdi. I know what "real" feels like.
As GT6 states on its front cover "real driving simulator " I think it's mid-sold to many of us.
Have I proven enough that this game is tilted to the arcade and casual gamers than to the realism aspect?
Not to mention I use a wheel aswell.
Look forward to your argument back. If you think GT6 is realistic you clearly haven't driven a real sim or a real car.
Well it is a real driving sim

You quite clearly said here:
that it is a sim. I'm sorry it's 1am for me and I'm still able to out wit your argument. There's one thing I can't stand in arguments and that's hypocrites.
You dont get what i said. I said that gt6 is real sim not because you can use a wheel. Just because you can use a wheel on the crew doesnt mean its a sim. GT6 is the best sim on any console

You dont get what i said. I said that gt6 is real sim not because you can use a wheel. Just because you can use a wheel on the crew doesnt mean its a sim. GT6 is the best sim on any console
I'd disagree with that. I think forza is better and Pcars is definitely better despite its bugs and crap AI
And there is no such thing as a sim on console in my opinion

I'd disagree with that. I think forza is better and Pcars is definitely better despite its bugs and crap AI
And there is no such thing as a sim on console in my opinion
My opinion forza is the worst game on console 10 or 14 tracks is really bad considering gt6 has around 23 to 27 tracks pcars is a shocker worst game on controller

pcars is a shocker worst game on controller

I'd have to disagree with that statement. I have used the DS4 with pCARS and whilst it is difficult, its not impossible to 'drive' with a controller. I find that GT6 is somewhat 'dumbed down' when using a controller when compared to pCARS. Here is where the two games differ, GT6 is aimed at not only 'hardcore' racers, but also the casual player. If it was more true to life it would put many players off, this is where I feel pCARS is getting a bad reputation as 'un-playable' because it is being directly compared to GT in this respect.
I mean, would you be able to drive a real life car around any circuit using a controller instead of its steering wheel and pedals ? I sure wouldn't and I've been driving cars IRL for over 30 years. I'm certain many others who drive IRL wouldn't like to try to do this either ?
I'm not being elitist, its just that I'm used to driving with a wheel so that's what I do 99.9% of the time with games. When I do use a controller, its with the full knowledge that the code is written to assist players of differing ability to drive with some kind of assistance. GT6 is better at flattering the controller user than pCARS, but IMHO, pCARS is much better with a wheel as the handling of the cars is closer to real life in my experience. I used to think GT5~6 was the best driving experience I could have on console, but now with pCARS (and hopefully Assetto Corsa when it comes to PS4), I find the handling is really average to say the least.

The tracks are wrong. GT6 you can a 2:01 in a gt3 in pcars i managed 2:07 around bathurst
I'd have to disagree with that statement. I have used the DS4 with pCARS and whilst it is difficult, its not impossible to 'drive' with a controller. I find that GT6 is somewhat 'dumbed down' when using a controller when compared to pCARS. Here is where the two games differ, GT6 is aimed at not only 'hardcore' racers, but also the casual player. If it was more true to life it would put many players off, this is where I feel pCARS is getting a bad reputation as 'un-playable' because it is being directly compared to GT in this respect.
I mean, would you be able to drive a real life car around any circuit using a controller instead of its steering wheel and pedals ? I sure wouldn't and I've been driving cars IRL for over 30 years. I'm certain many others who drive IRL wouldn't like to try to do this either ?
I'm not being elitist, its just that I'm used to driving with a wheel so that's what I do 99.9% of the time with games. When I do use a controller, its with the full knowledge that the code is written to assist players of differing ability to drive with some kind of assistance. GT6 is better at flattering the controller user than pCARS, but IMHO, pCARS is much better with a wheel as the handling of the cars is closer to real life in my experience. I used to think GT5~6 was the best driving experience I could have on console, but now with pCARS (and hopefully Assetto Corsa when it comes to PS4), I find the handling is really average to say the least.
honestly i dont have a car so wouldnt know if it was close enough to the real life car

honestly i dont have a car so wouldnt know if it was close enough to the real life car

My point exactly ! I'm not patronising you or any other controller user by saying if you haven't or cannot drive IRL, then you will think that the handling in GT is better. Like I said earlier, GT's handling is, I find, very much aided by its coding for controller use. The handling in pCARS is much more raw and true to life in its implementation, and as such, controller users find it 'wrong' or un controllable in comparison (of course, there has been controller bugs in pCARS which haven't helped), but these should have been ironed out by now.
What I'm getting at is, a 500bhp race car should be difficult to drive IRL, so why should a racing sim be any different ! If you floor the throttle mid corner, you're going to spin out aren't you ! The difference is, GT kinda helps you out, pCARS doesn't.

Got to chip in. It's irritating when people drop out yes. GT6 is NOT a full simulator. But perfectly playable and you can be fast and actually good on a DS3.

I feel GT6 really excels for the controller users because they are very close performance wise to wheel users something you don't often see for the likes of sim racing on pc comparing wheel users on pc than controller users on pc.

My point exactly ! I'm not patronising you or any other controller user by saying if you haven't or cannot drive IRL, then you will think that the handling in GT is better. Like I said earlier, GT's handling is, I find, very much aided by its coding for controller use. The handling in pCARS is much more raw and true to life in its implementation, and as such, controller users find it 'wrong' or un controllable in comparison (of course, there has been controller bugs in pCARS which haven't helped), but these should have been ironed out by now.
What I'm getting at is, a 500bhp race car should be difficult to drive IRL, so why should a racing sim be any different ! If you floor the throttle mid corner, you're going to spin out aren't you ! The difference is, GT kinda helps you out, pCARS doesn't.

I just want to add, none of my comments were meant to be seen in a patronising way at all. They were a mere argument back to the statements made :)
@LITTLEBLACKO also said he has never driven a real car which does help solve the varying opinions. I'll be honest I cannot legally drive on the roads yet in the UK as I do not have a licence however I have driven cars on private land and in car parks.

I feel GT6 really excels for the controller users because they are very close performance wise to wheel users something you don't often see for the likes of sim racing on pc comparing wheel users on pc than controller users on pc.

I just want to add, none of my comments were meant to be seen in a patronising way at all. They were a mere argument back to the statements made :)
@LITTLEBLACKO also said he has never driven a real car which does help solve the varying opinions. I'll be honest I cannot legally drive on the roads yet in the UK as I do not have a licence however I have driven cars on private land and in car parks.
I dont even have a car

I don't own a car personally. That will change soon though. Plan to be getting a Citroën C2 as well I need cheap insurance.

Back