Fiat 500f and 2CV Championship Prizes Awarded (Finished)

  • Thread starter Thread starter coxbox
  • 747 comments
  • 44,470 views

What would you like to see


  • Total voters
    15
Looks like an interesting cup :D May be a bit late in the season, but I really need a decent place online to race my slow cars :P I'm not sure if my 500 is the right type as there are several available.. :)

Hello welcome, you need the premium 500 f 68 👍

Just sign up here when you are ready, as well as read all the rules here.Everything else is in the OP.

Don't forget to add Coxbox or sammo 85 to PSN. Finally we race at 7pm gmt, the next races is at Monaco this sunday.
 
Last edited:
Thanks :D I've never been in a racing series on GT5, so it'll all be new for me (did some league racing a few years back when I played LFS a lot).

I double checked my garage and both cars are good to go (correct type Fiat 500) only need to paint them both the same color, so I'm on the hunt for two of the same paints :) I'm going for orange, as far as I could tell nobody uses that yet(?)
 
Thanks :D I've never been in a racing series on GT5, so it'll all be new for me (did some league racing a few years back when I played LFS a lot).

I double checked my garage and both cars are good to go (correct type Fiat 500) only need to paint them both the same color, so I'm on the hunt for two of the same paints :) I'm going for orange, as far as I could tell nobody uses that yet(?)

Looks good, don't worry about racing, we are all good racers, we have fun but race clean.If you need any help don't be afraid to ask our other members or myself.
 
Welcome spongeinside, I'm also happy to help with anything you require. Also I do a recommend a friend reward, anyone you know as long as they follow the rules and race regulary are welcome.

Also I am stock piling 2cvs, I now have 5, so any friends that require one I have plenty for this series.
 
Thanks guys :D
I'm really a setup noob, so I think I'll be needing some guidance getting the cars on a stable setup :)
I'll be filling in the signup form today, so that'll be all sorted :)

*update*
I've been messing with the setup for a while and think I've come to a pretty neutral/stable setup (more luck than skill, but whatever works right?), just need to work on driving more smoothly :) The tuning guide provided a lot of useful info :D Yesterday evening (well, night...) I was really struggling, but I think it was more the fact I was tired that caused me to not being able to get it right.. So I guess I'm ready to rock the streets Monaco coming Sunday :D Only thing that worries me is the time.. I'm a real idiot for timezone conversions.. 7pm GMT would translate in to 8pm here in The Netherlands right? Don't want to miss the race because I messed up the times :P
 
Last edited:
Thanks guys :D
I'm really a setup noob, so I think I'll be needing some guidance getting the cars on a stable setup :)
I'll be filling in the signup form today, so that'll be all sorted :)

*update*
I've been messing with the setup for a while and think I've come to a pretty neutral/stable setup (more luck than skill, but whatever works right?), just need to work on driving more smoothly :) The tuning guide provided a lot of useful info :D Yesterday evening (well, night...) I was really struggling, but I think it was more the fact I was tired that caused me to not being able to get it right.. So I guess I'm ready to rock the streets Monaco coming Sunday :D Only thing that worries me is the time.. I'm a real idiot for timezone conversions.. 7pm GMT would translate in to 8pm here in The Netherlands right? Don't want to miss the race because I messed up the times :P


OK sounds good, I had a look at the timezones, you are +1 so yes 8pm in the Netherlands, for more confirmation click here.

Tuning wise, don't worry about being fast strait away, as long as you car does not under or overseer to much, everything should be fine, just keep consistent. Also if you can make as many races as possible that would allow you to collect more points helping you through the championship , still a maximum of 46 points up for grabs :).
 
OK sounds good, I had a look at the timezones, you are +1 so yes 8pm in the Netherlands, for more confirmation click here.

Tuning wise, don't worry about being fast strait away, as long as you car does not under or overseer to much, everything should be fine, just keep consistent. Also if you can make as many races as possible that would allow you to collect more points helping you through the championship , still a maximum of 46 points up for grabs :).

Yes I want as many of those points as I can get my hands on, although elrossy has been pushing me well. Though elrossy I'm on to you, hanging behind me to get my slip streem on last laps. Your gonna have to change strategy! :sly:
 
Some stiff competition going on i see ;) I can't wait to get in on the action! =D

Oh.. and I felt creative this evening.. :dopey:


​
 
Some stiff competition going on i see ;) I can't wait to get in on the action! =D

Oh.. and I felt creative this evening.. :dopey:


​

Looking good :)

Hope you don't mind I made a few changes.

8555038267_7fc6725c5f.jpg
 
Last edited:
Of course not :) I can send you the .psd file if you'd like :)
 
Now i got that color change reason (nice) :)
 
Yeah.. I was all 'nba' (color) style minded when making them... Never thought of making the 500f one in Italian colors :D

*edit*
added a bunch of new ones to the set, round corners and 'italian' colors for the 500f.
 
Last edited:
Hopefully we have a few racers for this week, should be an interesting race. Stiff setup is good for this track, but be careful on the tight curbs after the tunnel or else its bye bye. Also a fairly loose back end is helpful on this track, as you can the gently drift through.
 
What would be a good lap time? Just to see where i'm at, but i need to practice some more :) I don't really like this track.
 
What would be a good lap time? Just to see where i'm at, but i need to practice some more :) I don't really like this track.

I can do a 2:6.7xx, so something around that.
 
I'm at 2:8.something.. But I can't keep that pace long.. Did a long run yesterday and averaged around 2:10/2:11 overall.. Was more concerned with keeping the car out of the walls :)
 
I'm at 2:8.something.. But I can't keep that pace long.. Did a long run yesterday and averaged around 2:10/2:11 overall.. Was more concerned with keeping the car out of the walls :)

Yeah, i should be able to keep around 2:8/2:9/2:10. I find the Noivell Chicane to be a pain, the curbs are a killer. Just touching them will cause you to slide. Anyway guys would love to chat more about this but i have to get ready and go to work :(.
 
Last edited:
I have done under 2:04. Yes it's kind of triky car and demanding track.
 
Why does no-one use time leaderboard ?
 
We are all guilty, especially me!
 
Maybe because I'm not sure what it is and how to use it? :(
 
Maybe because I'm not sure what it is and how to use it? :(

he he.

OK use this form to enter your testing lap ("best time").

Your lap will then be displayed here. This form just makes posting you times easier for everyone.
 
Tire wear fast, dmg heavy and penalty strong?
 
Should be a good race.
 
Need to be carefull with pushing... If u get pushed into a wall and get dmg, race is pretty much over. Did a few laps now, should be ok.
 
Need to be carefull with pushing... If u get pushed into a wall and get dmg, race is pretty much over. Did a few laps now, should be ok.

completely agree, however we have raced enough, so we should all be clean.
 
I'm going to do my best not to mess up, but especially at Monaco, the wall is never far away and an accident is a question of when, not if. I'll try to keep out of other peoples way :P
 
Back