Fiat 500f and 2CV Championship Prizes Awarded (Finished)

  • Thread starter Thread starter coxbox
  • 747 comments
  • 44,460 views

What would you like to see


  • Total voters
    15
I have run only couple laps last night on 2CV so i don't no how fast i'm with that. I like to make at least one race with that one too.
May be next Fiat race i don't quali at all and i start race on last position in the grid. One option is that i use Sport Medium or Hard may be even Comfort Soft. Have to test though how much those change my lap times.
So what Lounge setup you are using in weather races so that i can practice same conditions?


I think jammy you should qualify as normal, maybe another option is alter pp for those in the top 3 after each race. BTCC operate a handicap setting which works really well.

I don't think we should implement boost, need to keep the realism.

I still also think that in future championships we operate tyre choices so that people start on one tyre and in pits must change to another.

The biggest thing is to increase our members. Tacom who is a regular and elrossy unfortunately couldn't make it, then we would of had 8. We need 4 more regulars to keep the numbers good when others can't make it.
 
I think jammy you should qualify as normal, maybe another option is alter pp for those in the top 3 after each race. BTCC operate a handicap setting which works really well.

I don't think we should implement boost, need to keep the realism.

I still also think that in future championships we operate tyre choices so that people start on one tyre and in pits must change to another.

The biggest thing is to increase our members. Tacom who is a regular and elrossy unfortunately couldn't make it, then we would of had 8. We need 4 more regulars to keep the numbers good when others can't make it.

I do like the tyre choice option like in F1 that sounds good. I have added a poll, any new additions to this series will come into affect in season 2.
 
Maybe a different car or no tuning allowed? That way every car is the same and it all depends on skill not setup.
 
Maybe a different car or no tuning allowed? That way every car is the same and it all depends on skill not setup.

I was thinking that, for now i would like to just keep racing these cars, instead of keep changing them.
 
Maybe a different car or no tuning allowed? That way every car is the same and it all depends on skill not setup.


No tuning on 500f worrys me a bit, we haven't time for a 24hr race. Ha ha.
 
I did a really awesome race in a untuned AZ-1 against AI some time ago (report of it it somewhere in the reports section, but no one cares to comment on it so it may be far down..). I know racing the 500f and 2cv untuned wouldn't be a good idea, but it's just an idea for the future maybe :) (on different cars obviously)
 
I did a really awesome race in a untuned AZ-1 against AI some time ago (report of it it somewhere in the reports section, but no one cares to comment on it so it may be far down..). I know racing the 500f and 2cv untuned wouldn't be a good idea, but it's just an idea for the future maybe :) (on different cars obviously)

Or everybody use the same setup for each car, that way we can run them with their current specs.
 
No tuning would be just about driving, but i understand that DS3 users will strugle more like that.

Same setup is a good idea. Someone with DS3 make the setup and we all drive with that. But then again, it would be hard to verify the setup is not altered.
 
No tuning would be just about driving, but i understand that DS3 users will strugle more like that.

Same setup is a good idea. Someone with DS3 make the setup and we all drive with that. But then again, it would be hard to verify the setup is not altered.

It'd be very tricky to verify, trouble with DS3 is getting the smoothness to a T. Some tracks you can. Monaco was still fun though.


I fancy a caterham series as well. Great fun to drive.
 
Actually I've mentioned this before.Suzuki Cappuccino RM. Awesome fun and low pp, also really look the part.
 
Fixed setup would be great, just too hard to check if everybody uses it and isn't 'cheating' with a different setup.
Maybe a compromise? Like only sport suspention and gears(close ratio) instead of full custom? Things like that...
 
Fixed setup would be great, just too hard to check if everybody uses it and isn't 'cheating' with a different setup.
Maybe a compromise? Like only sport suspention and gears(close ratio) instead of full custom? Things like that...

That would be great , my first idea i had for this championship was this, however some members wanted to race the fiat as well.

The above website has all the official specs for the car as well as the rules and regulations.

1. The car is lowered by stiffening and adapting its suspension springs.
2. Adjustable shock absorbers can be fitted.
3. Slightly wider 145 width tyres are allowed (Sports Soft)
4. The front steering arms are turned to alter the caster angle.
5. A standard 2CV 6 gearbox must be fitted.
6. Improved performance can be achieved by low levels of engine tuning.
7. Compression can be raised by machining barrels and cylinder heads to Club regulations.
8. Fitting of the Club Cam is mandatory
9. Alternative exhausts, air filters and carburettor jetting are also permitted.
10. 49 bhp
11 full weight reduction.

More information here

Just did these test and i can get the car bang on the specs apart from the six speed gearbox, below is the set up. The car has 45 BHP (as close as I could get it) weighs 455kg and has 7ghfm of torque and uses the stock wheels as in the official series. There is very little tuning available Spring rates range from 2.1 -2.8, Dampers 1-3, Ride Height -10 - +45 and Camber Angle 0.00-5.0.With these specs the cars should be identical.

Engine Stage 2
Sports ECU
Racing air Filter
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter Sports
Semi Racing Exhaust
Full Customisable Transmission Max speed set 81 everything else default
Sports Flywheel
Height Adjustable Suspension
Sports Soft Tires
 
Last edited:
Cox I'm going to do some testing with the cappuccino RM cars, they are difficult to drive quick but the could be made identical. I've raced in a series with these before and racing was even closer as there is not much to fiddle with.
 
One question I do have. How much of a difference does the rigidity maintenance and engine overhaul make?? As my 500f has had its second oil change and chassis done but feels no different.
 
One question I do have. How much of a difference does the rigidity maintenance and engine overhaul make?? As my 500f has had its second oil change and chassis done but feels no different.

hmm not sure engine maintenance will add BHP if there has been a loss.
 
sammo85
One question I do have. How much of a difference does the rigidity maintenance and engine overhaul make?? As my 500f has had its second oil change and chassis done but feels no different.

It makes difference after you run around 20k kms
And use those things
 
Fixed setup does not sound cool TBH
 
I'm also favor for stock setup or full custom setup.
 
Ahh, oh well cause I've read a forum which says the chassis maintenance is really important.
 
I'm also favor for stock setup or full custom setup.

I think one thing that fun about racing is tuning your car, as long as everyone runs the same. Only cars I'd be happy to run stock is something like an Elise.
 
There are lot of low hp cars that can be used (watermelon's series are using them a lot).
 
sammo85
Ahh, oh well cause I've read a forum which says the chassis maintenance is really important.
Yup it is important and useful too if your car has thousands of running on the odometer
 
So.... Anybody tried the 2CV at Suzuka yet? Did a test today and it started to rain.. The 2CV is pretty tricky in the wet :P

Oh and on a unrelated(?) note, I got a new monitor :P and d*mn what a world of difference :D I can see details I had never seen before :P
 
Good for you. Enjoy.
 
Thanks :)

Got to do some more testing at Suzuka.. My setup really needs a lot of work..
 
Thanks :)

Got to do some more testing at Suzuka.. My setup really needs a lot of work..

Will complete some laps and I shall post the times.

Best lap in the Dry 2:55.833 At 100% track water i am about 18 seconds slower on intermediate tires.
 
Last edited:
Will complete some laps and I shall post the times.

Best lap in the fry 2:55.833 At 100% track water i am about 18 seconds slower on intermediate tires.


My times were so bad I dare not post them :guilty:
 
My times were so bad I dare not post them :guilty:

Will make an interesting race especially as you wont know when it will rain, or if it even will.
 
Back