FIFA World Cup 2010 Finals Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,827 comments
Well, you don't have to beat us. Beating North Korea and Ivory Coast would be enough.

Unless we lose to any of those two.

Ok let's just hope we both can win from those teams so that when our National teams play we are just disputing 1st and 2nd place in the group:tup::)

I just hope there aren't many members from those two Countries around here seeing this plot :dunce::sly:

I have money on Brazil to win the tournament - I reckon Portugal will qualify, esp. if Drogba is not playing for Ivory Coast, which would be a shame as his appearance was set to be a highlight of the tournament... that said, part of me wants North Korea to pull off a shock. I pity the poor bastards that live in that hellhole, and can only hope the World Cup gives them something to be happy about!

As for the Ronaldo vid, arvore, the bit between 0.00 and 6.38 was incredible! :bowdown:

I have money on Brazil to win the tournament - I reckon Portugal will qualify, esp. if Drogba is not playing for Ivory Coast, which would be a shame as his appearance was set to be a highlight of the tournament... that said, part of me wants North Korea to pull off a shock. I pity the poor bastards that live in that hellhole, and can only hope the World Cup gives them something to be happy about!

As for the Ronaldo vid, arvore, the bit between 0.00 and 6.38 was incredible! :bowdown:

Brazil is always one of the strongest candidates,I think You applied Your money well T.M:tup:

As for Droghba it is really a shame that one of the finest Strikers in the world isn't able to enchant us all with is amazing skills(right alongside with Ballack,Roben,Nani-yeah we lost him yesterday, the Man.U. player-and others...:indiff: I just whish he has able to join after our game against Cote D'Ivoire:sly:

As for North Korea I think they should be proud to have reached this stage of the competition 👍 and whish them the best of lucks in the other games of the group:dopey:

As for Ronaldo goes he is really an Alien,isn't he?
But he never contibuted much to the sucess of the Portuguese National Team-he has not scored one single goal for us in a 1,5 year:grumpy:
Let's just hope this time he proves me wrong and entertain the world with his wonderfull game:)

Result! I've got Spain in the work sweepstake, obviously I'll be cheering England but its a good back up for a few quid!

Well, to be honest, there's only six teams which can actually win the world cup:

Netherlands, England, Argentina, Brazil, Spain and perhaps France.

Netherlands, Argentina and Spain have offensive teams and are the best attack-wise.

England and Brazil are nice teams, Brazil is playing together for more than 1 year, we have a superb defense and lethal counterattacks. England is a balanced team, even after losing Ferdinand the team still strong both at defending and attacking, also, Gerrard and Lampard are awesome midfielders, which would make of England a huge opponent for Spain and Netherlands, which are teams who like to keep the ball.

France is enigmatic, as is Italy, the team is quite old and doesn't seem to form a real team, which is mandatory to be the world champion. However, France has better individual values and thus can be more dangeours to the fantastic five (Netherlands, England, Argentina, Brazil, Spain).

Portugal is running for the championship too, but I wouldn't bet my money on them.

It's time to put the sixth star on our uniforms. :D

Portugal are a very good side and, in my opinion, only a fool would write off Italy and Germany in a big tournament like this, they have so much experience and pedigree.

EDIT: sorry Dan_ just re-read that and it come out wrong, I am not calling you a fool, just pointing out that these teams have a very realistic chance of picking up the trophy ;)

Few teams have a good chance to go to the finals! I dont underestimate most teams, and no one should underestimate Portugal! WE owned the world a few centuries back remember?! :lol: Maybe we can do it again:D

I'm going to be completely honest here and say that I cannot stand seeing Cristiano Ronaldo play. Dribbling is what he seems to be all about, and instead of passing the ball to his team and creating some chances he seems to be more occupied with his need to show the camera and the world how well he can bypass his opponent and how great his haircut is.

My money is on Portugal or Brazil personally, although every time Germany plays I'm screaming at Schweinsteiger to go bonkers and score! :P

that said, part of me wants North Korea to pull off a shock. I pity the poor bastards that live in that hellhole, and can only hope the World Cup gives them something to be happy about!

Apparently, non of the matches will be broadcast unless they win the world cup. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read that, so I can't qualify that statement, although if its true, its a very sad state of affairs. After all, being in the worldcup is quite an achievement in its own right.

Apparently, non of the matches will be broadcast unless they win the world cup. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read that, so I can't qualify that statement, although if its true, its a very sad state of affairs. After all, being in the worldcup is quite an achievement in its own right.

I recently read that they will probably show the games but not live; sad indeed!

I'm going to be completely honest here and say that I cannot stand seeing Cristiano Ronaldo play. Dribbling is what he seems to be all about, and instead of passing the ball to his team and creating some chances he seems to be more occupied with his need to show the camera and the world how well he can bypass his opponent and how great his haircut is.

I tend to agree a lot with this.
But I have to say that when they do work out - his dribbles, I mean - and he does make a lethal pass or scores himself, it's football at its best.

WE owned the world a few centuries back remember?! :lol: Maybe we can do it again:D

You shoudn't believe everything you learn at school! ;)

That figures... 👎

Today has royally sucked so far - but one bit of good news... I got Italy in the sweepstake :D

edit: And already the accusations of fixing are pouring in...

edit 2: Check this out... http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

Last edited:
Yay for the Daily Mail, keeping casual racists all in the same place:

5120ja.jpg

Yay for the Daily Mail, keeping casual racists all in the same place:

Funny how a World Cup not only allowes everyone to become shamelessly nationalistic for a few weeks but apparantly also "allowes" xenophobia to be freely expressed, although the Daily Mail probably doesn't need a World Cup for that. ;)

If I read correctly, I think 1 article actually listed that Kim Jong Il is actually a "player" for the team, in the sense that he has, supposedly, thrown fear into a few of his players if they had rather poor matches.

I'm sure you guys will all want to 'Waka Waka' with Shakira so, here is the official song.....

:sly:

Come on England

I'm sure you guys will all want to 'Waka Waka' with Shakira so, here is the official song.....

Come on England
I prefer this one more, tbh. :)
[youtubehd]ftIfFafTA0o[/youtubehd]

Although, Shakira's is a helluva lot better than Akon's....

If I read correctly, I think 1 article actually listed that Kim Jong Il is actually a "player" for the team, in the sense that he has, supposedly, thrown fear into a few of his players if they had rather poor matches.

As You all know North Korea is in Portugal Group,so I've watched the interview their coach gave at ZA arrival...and he said they wanted to win for theirs Emperor,Lord and Master.Kim Jong II, Glory...pretty scary I guess :scared:

As You all know North Korea is in Portugal Group,so I've watched the interview their coach gave at ZA arrival...and he said they wanted to win for theirs Emperor,Lord and Master.Kim Jong II, Glory...pretty scary I guess :scared:

Well... they will be a said country with a said Emperor:sly: :lol:!

Come on England

Its so cliche!

They sayd to Shakira:

-"Quickly, a name for a song for Africa"
-"Waka waka!"

lol

Go Argentina!!!!!!!!!!:dopey:

Poor Baggio, guess he ain't too happy of being shown in the video.

My predictions for today's games:

South Africa 1 x 2 Mexico
Uruguay 3 x 0 France

Uruguay 3 x 0 France

In the second game I would put my money on France...

Uruguay 3 x 0 France

I can't see Uruguay dominating france, even if France have relatively poor team this year. But then again, with Forlan, you never know what's going to happen!

Yeah, that's more what I'm hoping it will happen than a rational prediction. I'm biased against France. :P

Back