Film Quote Quiz Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter FastEddie12
  • 260 comments
  • 9,196 views
Oh dear, I think I've broken it....

FastEddie12
This is the one that counts:

"Now I'm going to bust your ass for those three bags and I'm going to nail you for picking your feet in Poughkeepsie." (70s film)

A very famous film, especially among people who come to this site. The hero, who is speaking, wears an ankle holster. The film has a Jaws connection.
 
The French connection, superb film imo.
 
Okay it's a 2000+ film.

"These Remora's really have a kick to em"
 
Okay I'll expand on that since no-ones had a go yet.

"These Remora's really have a kick to em"
"You're a good agent Stan..."

Anyone hazzard a guess (no not Dukes of hazzzard).
 
Would that be Men in Black? Great film, though I haven't seen it in ages.
 
Nope, Men in Black was a 90s film anyway.
 
is this a TV-series-turned-movie, or a movie-turned-TV-series, by any chance?
 
Neither, it's just a movie.
 
We are all going to feel very stupid when this is all said and done, I just know it.
 
Okay heres a clue, the "Stan" in the quote is played by a well known actor who used to frequent in the TV comedy series, Cheers. The film is less than a year old.
 
live4speed
Okay heres a clue, the "Stan" in the quote is played by a well known actor who used to frequent in the TV comedy series, Cheers. The film is less than a year old.
OK, you gave away too much. It took research because I hadn't seen it but I had an idea after this clue.

After the Sunset
 
Yep, After the Sunset. It's time for a new quote anyway.
 
Not that I intend to diss the quoting, but rather than being random quotes from random movies, shouldn't we post "memmorable quotes" from random movies?

I mean, instead of posting something like "There was blood everywhere", or "Hi, I'm Joe"... could we post something less "'Googleable' and more mind-using... something along the lines of "What is your major malfunction, numbnuts", or "Maybe I oughtta tie the long hair on your head to the short hair on your butt and kick you down the street".

Or has this already been discussed and I'm talking crap?
 
"Since you're new here, I'm gonna cut you a break... today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?"
 
FoolKiller
"Since you're new here, I'm gonna cut you a break... today. So, why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?"

Back to the future.
 
Diego440

I was thinking that. But I believe it was in both. In the cafeteria in part 1 and then when Biff goes back to see himself in the past in part II.
 
See, I told you Swift was a hustler ;).
 
live4speed
See, I told you Swift was a hustler ;).

:cool:

"You mean I'm not white!"
 
Hear no evil see no evil.
 
Swift
I was thinking that. But I believe it was in both. In the cafeteria in part 1 and then when Biff goes back to see himself in the past in part II.

Don't forget he also corrects himself... Anyway, I just put in "part II" so I could win as well, he he. Now I'll do like a library and... get outta here
 
live4speed
Hear no evil see no evil.

Nice Job :)

Diego440
Don't forget he also corrects himself... Anyway, I just put in "part II" so I could win as well, he he. Now I'll do like a library and... get outta here

Trying to muscle in on my victory huh? :sly:
 
hehe, yeah i remeber that back to the future quote 👍

whos next?
 
Okay heres a 80's film

"the poor bastard who plays the elephant"
 
live4speed
Okay heres a 80's film

"the poor bastard who plays the elephant"
A nice attempt at British obscurity, but a film with Rowan Atkinson will never miss my wandering eye. I will warn you, I am one of the few Americans that understand and enjoy British comedy.

The Tall Guy
 
Well done 👍.
 
A 1990's movie

"You're not strong! You're silky boys! Silk comes from the butts of Chinese Worms!"
 
It's one of the Bill and Ted films, can't remember which.

EDIT: Bill and Ted's bogus journey, the first one was in the late 80's.
 
Back