Film Quote Quiz Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter FastEddie12
  • 260 comments
  • 9,196 views
My Boss's Daughter?
 
Nope.
 
Nope.
 
No, heres another clue.

It's based on a real event, heavilly based on it.
 
Nope, not Die another day :lol:.
 
Nope, I don't believe that was basedon a real event at all. Let alone heavily :lol:.
 
Okay final clue, the event it was based on happened in the mid-late 90's in the US and was all over the news.
 
Finally, YES. It's 44 minuets: The north Hollywood shootout. Michael Madsen says it near the start to a neighbor.
 
live4speed
Finally, YES. It's 44 minuets: The north Hollywood shootout. Michael Madsen says it near the start to a neighbor.

Cool. I saw it a while ago but I wasn't sure it was the right film. Good guess as it turned out :lol:

Well, I've just picked a random film in my collection and skipped to a random point, so here's my quote:

"I'd never done a crazy thing in my life before that night. Why is it if a man kills another man in battle it's called heroic, yet if he kills a man in the heat of passion, it's called murder"
 
Oh damn I know this. My minds gone almost totally blank.
 
Waynes world.
 
Ok heres mine.

It's a 90's film the quote is 3 people.

"He's not a hero"
"What do you mean?"
"I think he means that none of us are"
 
NO guesses yet? I'l post a clue, the person they're talking about is played by Matt Dillon.
 
live4speed
Ok heres mine.

It's a 90's film the quote is 3 people.

"He's not a hero"
"What do you mean?"
"I think he means that none of us are"
Ocean's 11?
 
Nope.
 
Albino Alligator?
 
Ding ding Diego's got it.
 
Yay! What a crappy movie that was, by the by.

Alright, this is one of my favorite movies, and probably someone will get it pretty quickly. Spoken between two people, 90's film:

"Hi, you're nobody"
"Shh, don't tell anyone"
 
It was between Bruce Willis and the guy who's the father of the household in that American sitcom (does it get any more vague than that)?

I'll get it in a minute...
 
yep, that's it... lots of wisecracking smart-ass dialogues in that movie... hey, weren't you in the motorsport trivia thread as well?
 
Yep, I'm the one who asked the question about the cars finishing 1st and 2nd. I've re-worded the question now, it was a bit confusing before I suppose.

Anyway, next quote:

"Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government"
 
amp88
"Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government"

That is, of course, Monty Python and the Holy Grail (and how right they were).

2 questions: one straightforward one, and one obscure one to get Delphic scratching his head and reaching for google. The obvious one is the one that counts, but if anyone gets the other one before Delphic, we get to call him silly names :)

This is the one that counts:

"Now I'm going to bust your ass for those three bags and I'm going to nail you for picking your feet in Poughkeepsie." (70s film)

This is the one for Delphic:

"Monsieur de Louit."
"M. de Louit vient de monter."
"Ah, pardon, c'est moi. Je vient de tomber de ma fenetre. La numero de ma chambre, s'il vous plait." (50s film)
 
FastEddie12
That is of course Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Of course 👍

Another random pick from another random film in my collection.
 
Back