• Thread starter Earth
  • 88 comments
GTP_Royalton
final_fantasy_vii_remake_logo_by_romangelos-d8xmobb.png

First Trailer (6-15-15)

Official Website
http://ffvii-remake.square-enix.com/

thelifestream.net Remake Survey
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12cyRaATkTWNcLuuOmFJpSO8lIhQ3YmweBOXL1ZBq8p0/viewform

On the same page of the subforum, even :lol:

FF7 thread.

Wait, you actually posted in the other one? :confused:

/edit:
Don't want to cross-post, so I'll stick to this thread, I guess.

Going by comments on Destructoid and the like, it seems people are quite torn about the game being freshened up. Lots of concern about it going to be too far removed from the original. And Advent-Children-esque, read: Squall being turned into a moody, brooding emo character.

Personally, I'm confident they'll find a way to add some ridiculous over-the-top design elements, fiddle with the story too much and keep the gameplay clunky without being faithful to the original. You heard it here first, folks :lol:

Last edited:
I made mention in the other thread that this remake wasn't happening unless most of the original staff got involved, @Luminis. Seeing as they achieved that at least a year ago, (they were going to mention that Final Fantasy VII was getting a PC based port and a complete remake, but didn't for an unexplained reason) All signs are pointing that we may see more remakes down the road mainly because I think they want to bring the older Final Fantasies (and I'm not just talking about 7-9) up to technological par.

As for me, I don't mind if they improve the gameplay of the remake. Those who do complain can go play the PC-based version for all I care.

Can't wait. As a Final Fantasy fanboy and being old enough that when FFVII originally released I was a young bachelor that could pour hours a day into the game I'm excited to relive that experience again.

I'm also happy to see this remake. Out of Sonys whole E3 this is what I want along with Shenmu 3.

I'm happy for the update to graphics, design and gameplay to an extent. I have my original PS1 3 disk version should I feel nostalgic.

I hope they don't go overboard with changing the gameplay. And that's coming from somebody who only ever played the first 10 mintues of the original before writing it off as overrated.

If they wanna make it play like FFXII though... I'd be down for that. Not interested in a FFVII-themed FFXV.

I hope they don't go overboard with changing the gameplay. And that's coming from somebody who only ever played the first 10 mintues of the original before writing it off as overrated.

If they wanna make it play like FFXII though... I'd be down for that. Not interested in a FFVII-themed FFXV.

I haven't played all the Final Fantasies by any means, but XII had my favorite battle system. I played 7,8 and 12, watched my brother play 10 and 13. I'm not overly concerned with the way the game plays, I'd love to know how hard it will be though and whether they're using an updated soundtrack or more of the original. Final Fantasy games back in PS1 days used to be really hard to finish, by the time Final Fantasy XII rolled around it was fairly easy to complete the main story lines (though the side quests were rather difficult still). Not sure which way I prefer.

Since this release will be atleast 2-3 years off, writting this post for my future self to see.

Really disappointed its not traditional turn based battles like the original, JRPG's need turn based battles in my opinion, here's hoping it will still be good.

Really disappointed its not traditional turn based battles like the original, JRPG's need turn based battles in my opinion, here's hoping it will still be good.
This could have been a system seller for me, interest gone without the traditional turn based style.

This game is looking very special. They really went all out. The fact it isn't turn-based was to be expected. I cannot understand why people are reacting so strongly about this. It looks to me that people really want to have that exect same feeling they got when playing the original. Well, that's not gonna happen. You're a lot older (especilly if you played the game when it was released), and the first-experience is something you never can get again.

I'm optimistic that sqaure has done everything they can to make this game something special. Not the same as the original, but familiar enough to really be enjoyed.

This game is looking very special. They really went all out. The fact it isn't turn-based was to be expected. I cannot understand why people are reacting so strongly about this. It looks to me that people really want to have that exect same feeling they got when playing the original. Well, that's not gonna happen. You're a lot older (especilly if you played the game when it was released), and the first-experience is something you never can get again.

I'm optimistic that sqaure has done everything they can to make this game something special. Not the same as the original, but familiar enough to really be enjoyed.
The fact that it isn't turned based is very unexpected. Pretty sure most people expected it to be based on FFXIII(and sequels) engine.

Makes me wonder how materia is going to be handled.

I have to agree with @bremics , i don't expect the game to be exactly the same as the original but the fact it isn't turn based has killed much of the hype for me, i just like turn based rpg's.

I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it and follow it's progress i mean it's FF7 remake! Ive wanted this for years!

I just hate when great game series get turned into action games, resident evil and final fantasy spring to mind straight away, loved the older games of those series but cant stand the new ones.

Can't please everyone thats just a fact.

Eh yeah, this makes me re-evaluate what I wrote yesterday. This looks like a total money-inspired desicion. I mean the whole remake is, of course. But cutting it in different parts is such a shame. I wonder if it will cost full-price per part.

Well times are chaning/ have changed, and no remake or remaster will ever take us back to those times we'd rememder so fondly.

Was reading some comments on IGN and someone made a terrifying point:
Does this mean no open world? Just corridors (aka the worst part about FFXIII)?

I agree with the decision to split the game into episodes. If it allows more content to be added in account for the newer games to formally be a part of the FFVII lore (which is something that I never would consider), then if the price is right, go for it.

Was reading some comments on IGN and someone made a terrifying point:
Does this mean no open world? Just corridors (aka the worst part about FFXIII)?

I think that's what concerning me the most. No open world would be a huge blow to the game, no matter how you look at it.

Surprised not to see more on this subject here, but it now looks like you can pre-order the game on PSN, with a scheduled release date o March 3 2020...

The basic game is going to be £59.99 in the UK, and the 'Deluxe' edition will be an eye-watering £74.99 - though other retailers have the basic game listed at £49.99...

Given that the full FFVII remake is going to be split over several games (I presume three, but I don't know), that adds up to a hell of alot of money (even before factoring in other expenses e.g. DLC), though the trailers do look fantastic.

Who has played the FFVII remake demo?

I enjoyed it, but I am still not convinced that I'll be forking out £60 (let alone £75 for the 'deluxe' edition) on release next month.

It looks pretty faithful to the original in terms of content, design, storyline etc., but of course the gameplay has been radically updated (or at least it is more similar to more recent FF titles) - I was kind of hoping that it would basically be the same as the original but just with updated graphics (a bit like the Crash remakes) but alas it isn't.

The demo takes you up to the first boss fight in the game - just after planting the bomb in the Mako reactor.

I had selected 'Normal' difficulty for the demo, as opposed to 'Easy' or 'Classic' so I was expecting it to be a bit harder, and it was...

I did manage to win the boss fight on my first attempt, but it was considerably harder than the corresponding boss fight in the original

Given that this release is only part of the original game, the price point seems too high for me, though I guess that the new game will have as much content/playability as the original; but who knows....

Who has played the FFVII remake demo?

I enjoyed it, but I am still not convinced that I'll be forking out £60 (let alone £75 for the 'deluxe' edition) on release next month.

It looks pretty faithful to the original in terms of content, design, storyline etc., but of course the gameplay has been radically updated (or at least it is more similar to more recent FF titles) - I was kind of hoping that it would basically be the same as the original but just with updated graphics (a bit like the Crash remakes) but alas it isn't.

The demo takes you up to the first boss fight in the game - just after planting the bomb in the Mako reactor.

I had selected 'Normal' difficulty for the demo, as opposed to 'Easy' or 'Classic' so I was expecting it to be a bit harder, and it was...

I did manage to win the boss fight on my first attempt, but it was considerably harder than the corresponding boss fight in the original

Given that this release is only part of the original game, the price point seems too high for me, though I guess that the new game will have as much content/playability as the original; but who knows....
I have. In classic mode it is very easy. In normal mode you have to make sure of healing and position with the boss. This game is only taking place in the city. The subsequent one/two outside that.

I never got out of the city back in the day as I much preferred FF8 to 7 so most of this will be new to me so I'm okay with £60 as I think I'll get a lot of game play for the money. I suppose wait for reviews.

Back