Final Quick Match Races 2-7-18

The Camaro is another one I didn't think about, bet it sounds awesome đź‘Ť
it does sounds good and isn't all that bad, but isn't fast either.
Got a couple of runs with it, in a room paired with @coryclifford. I Finished around midpack, 4th and 3rd if not mistaken. the car is noice, but it can't keep up the pace with normal drivers on gt500's Let alone Cory. on the tunel , I was around 4-5km/h slower than most people. the car didn't turn much for me, but it might be a tunning issue. I'll have to fiddle more with it.

@Lilium was I in the C5 Corvette? I tweaked on that a little and chased a few dirty HSV drivers around. The car is not bad but not good. Wanting to show off a little I jumped in my HSV thinking I'll get back in the same room, which never happens to me, and then couldn't find the same group. Ran for a bit with some others but after lap 1, I let people pass and chase em. Can't remember which room we saw each other...

Good to see you on the track. đź‘Ť

I've recently come back to playing GT6 and due to online rooms being devoid of people, I've been doing a lot of QMs. I consider myself a pretty decent driver and after some practice and tuning I'm consistently clocking high 1:13s and low 1:14s with the HSV, with a personal best of 1:13:671. This afternoon I came across a guy that was clocking 1:12:xxx laps race after race, with a best lap of 1:12:280. I'm running max front aero (400) and low in the rear (380) so the car is as fast as it can in the corners and still quick enough in the straight, so I couldn't figure out how in the name of God that guy was pulling away from me so easily, especially in the first and last corners where downforce is noticeable the most.

Then I came here and read about some bug I'd never heard about that enables SRF on QMs and everything came clear :D. I can't understand these people, where is the joy in winning by cheating? You might as well just do free runs, if you cheat and you are a good driver like this guy was you're not going to see another car in the whole race anyway.

I like to think not everyone knows SRF is on because they used it all the time in career mode (or whatever), then they see that it's forced off so they assume it's not on.

I think I'll give the Camaro Touring car a whirl...

@Lilium was I in the C5 Corvette? I tweaked on that a little and chased a few dirty HSV drivers around. The car is not bad but not good. Wanting to show off a little I jumped in my HSV thinking I'll get back in the same room, which never happens to me, and then couldn't find the same group. Ran for a bit with some others but after lap 1, I let people pass and chase em. Can't remember which room we saw each other...

Good to see you on the track. đź‘Ť
You were with the hsv, orange, running along with some Racerlap guy. On first lap i would get 3rd but i couldn't hold long with the camaro

@Lilium, I sent a friend request. I turned my notifications off so not sure if you accepted or not but I had to go out so I apologize for the abrupt, mid race quitting. I'm 16 minutes late as of now. Besides, the dude running ahead of me is a total sloppy hack SRF driver as far as I can tell and my patience for those people has grown very thin. Never mind the dopes in back that feel the need to ram you every chance they can. I really don't get their mentality.

@coryclifford its Nice to ser you. And its alright m8.
Herperpese was walling me every chance he had, he was the worst on the Room.

I'm going to rest out the bmw M3 gt2 and te Corvette c2 to see how it goes

Guys, there is something bothering me, especially at online quick matches : I finish a race, I won it by far, no other drivers near me, far behind, but I saw them in map, then when the race leaderboard come up on screen, after the race, out of nowhere, some other driver is in first place.
How the hell that happen !? Anoying , right ?

Guys, there is something bothering me, especially at online quick matches : I finish a race, I won it by far, no other drivers near me, far behind, but I saw them in map, then when the race leaderboard come up on screen, after the race, out of nowhere, some other driver is in first place.
PD Logic.

Playing with some Cars. The c2 was a drift fest. It goes fast on the straight, but you cant keep up on the corners. still have to tune it up to not be a drift machine, although its funny to go sideways... until you lose it.
The BMW was meh. grips well, but its jus slower.

The Biggest suprises for me were the 350Z Concept LM race car and Calsonic GT-R '01 both with low turbos. The have a great get go from the start, corner quite well, and I keep up with HSV'S fine, uunless its an alien. only on the straith past 240km/h I start to lose the upperhand on acceleration.

What were the times on the result screen? did they had faster tiems than yours? it might be a connection issue

On the leaderboard after the race I was on second place and the guy who appeared in the first place had exactly the same total time as mine, I noticed that ! You may be right, must be some connection issue, but it was funny because he wasn't on my race display. Maybe we were in parallel universes of the same race :)

Any non-GT500 premium car that can lap under 1:15? GT3 cars are painfully slow, as is the M3 GT2. The Corvette Z06 LM is a bit better but still in the 15s and I don't like the RX7 due to its awful cockpit view, can't take any right hander properly with that pillar in the way.

Same thing happened to me in 3 races in a row tonight :irked:. Funny thing was I'd been having fun with the Cote d'Azur race for ages without issue but decided to change up to the Touring car race. After each race the results said I was in 2nd but with a negative time difference :banghead:, in the final race I ran it credited the guy in 2nd last place the win and about 5 or 6 of us had negative time differences :crazy:. Very annoying indeed :grumpy:.

Then I came here and read about some bug I'd never heard about that enables SRF on QMs and everything came clear :D. I can't understand these people, where is the joy in winning by cheating? You might as well just do free runs, if you cheat and you are a good driver like this guy was you're not going to see another car in the whole race anyway.
Ok, firstly to the cheating point...How is using an aid provided by the game cheating? May be extremely annoying and a bit unfair if you can't use it but....and I'll finish the thought after this quote.....

I like to think not everyone knows SRF is on because they used it all the time in career mode (or whatever), then they see that it's forced off so they assume it's not on.
You do realise that in quick matches it randomly assigns one or two entrants (depending on the size of field) with SRF locked on, there's no choice in the matter.

Wrong. It's not random. It's enforced by the user.
No, it's really not. I have SRF disabled and have since joining the WRS but do randomly have it forced on in the odd quick match, come out go into another and have it forced off again. No choices made by me (didn't come out the quick match menu so couldn't change), just a random occurrence that happens every so often.

FYI Just tried going in now after selecting to use SRF and had it forced off for the quick match.

SRF users aren't cheating, they are knowingly gaining an advantage over non SRF'ers, the non SRF users could however turn theirs on, but what's the point of SRF when you really don't need it :confused:

Hey @ROCKET JOE how's the GTS acclimatization going, I spotted something in the GTS forums , the GTP Weekly Racing Series has started on the new platform, I ran some of their events in GTS to assist me during my acclimatization to GT6, just a thought that the QM Exiles might take a look đź‘Ť
There are some good guys there.
Here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/board/gtp-weekly-race-series-time-trials.117/
(I could have just put that in the thread on the GTS forum but . . .:lol:)

No, it's really not. I have SRF disabled and have since joining the WRS but do randomly have it forced on in the odd quick match, come out go into another and have it forced off again. No choices made by me (didn't come out the quick match menu so couldn't change), just a random occurrence that happens every so often.

Never came across this but no reason to not believe it đź‘Ť.
I really did a lot of QM races and I never ever had SRF on when it was switched off else.

In order to force it on, you gotta do what you did ... switch it on in Career or Arcade.
The next part includes a bit of randomness. You enter QM to find it forced off or, sometimes, forced on.

The majority of guys using SRF in QM enter, exit and re-enter rooms until they find it switched on, imo.
With the 'rules' declared on the startscreen of a race which is 'SRF off', you might say such an attitude is
close to cheating - no need to discuss that again though :).

PS
A bit funny to return to this thread after weeks for the SRF issue.

@8l23ub
Thanks for the 'invitation' - still trying to find my way into the game. I'm sure though we will meet there someday :cheers: !

Last edited:
Never came across this but no reason to not believe it đź‘Ť.

In order to force it on, you gotta do what you did ... switch it on in Career or Arcade.
The next part includes a bit of randomness. You enter QM to find it forced off or, sometimes, forced on.

The majority of guys using SRF in QM enter, exit and re-enter rooms until they find it switched on, imo.
With the 'rules' declared on the startscreen of a race which is 'SRF off', you might say such an attitude is
close to cheating - no need to discuss that again though :).
:)đź‘Ť

I would agree about the in-out-in guys. I had that with a Hungarian guy the other day. He finished way back, left, came back in and finished way back again. After a break I came back to find him back in the same race running way faster than before (Still driving pretty badly though :lol:) but this time he stayed in for at least the 5 races I ran.

On the other hand, I found myself racing against a Japanese driver who would pit in every lap. When I asked why, he said he had SRF on and didn't feel right about it :cool:. There are good people out there too đź‘Ť.

...I would agree about the in-out-in guys. I had that with a Hungarian guy the other day. He finished way back, left, came back in and finished way back again. After a break I came back to find him back in the same race running way faster than before (Still driving pretty badly though :lol:) but this time he stayed in for at least the 5 races I ran. ...

The prototype of a QM SRF user :lol:đź‘Ť.

... On the other hand, I found myself racing against a Japanese driver who would pit in every lap. When I asked why, he said he had SRF on and didn't feel right about it :cool:. There are good people out there too đź‘Ť.

Of course :) ... and a lot of them are posting in this very thread :gtpflag:!!!

Btw do you already have a new GTS tune-shop ?

You know what they say "There's a first time for everything".
That is odd though, considering you've probably ran a lot more of them than I have. Do you double check all options every time you enter?

Back