FINALLY: G25/G27 support on PS4 at November!

• Thread starter GardenAll
  • 90 comments
Yes ill in 2-3 week i beleive from hong kong :/
MaxRace F-1 v.5
Product feature:
● All G27, G25,MOMO,and GT racing wheel works on PS4™ racing games.
● Supports G25,G27 Clutch function.
● Compatible with 2 types of gear shift, manual gear shift and automatic transmission gear shift
● Support Force Feedback function
● Enables Rapid Fire on Wired Xbox 360™ controller and PS 3™/PS4™ wired controllers (connect with charge cable) on MaxRace F-1 v.5 converter .
● More sensitive and accurate
● Plug and play.

So after shipping to the US it would cost 119 dollars for the m4 converter

Would I be better off just getting the t100 or t80 or something?

So after shipping to the US it would cost 119 dollars for the m4 converter

Would I be better off just getting the t100 or t80 or something?

In the end a t80 would be better probably. It would be interesting to test out though.

Don't get duped into buying this gimmick device, gentlemen. The device will support "Force feedback" the same way the ChronusMax supports "Force feedback"...ie, rumble and that IT! You will NOT get true steering wheel force feedback from this MaxRace gimmick. The one to watch out for is the TitanOne. They are working on adding true FFB and I have discussed some very encouraging ideas with Jefferson on how to get around the current issue. See this thread:

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199&start=10#p2954

All the MaxRace guys are doing is copying Jefferson's designs and reverse engineering the schematics, just like ChronusMax is.

Don't get duped into buying this gimmick device, gentlemen. The device will support "Force feedback" the same way the ChronusMax supports "Force feedback"...ie, rumble and that IT! You will NOT get true steering wheel force feedback from this MaxRace gimmick. The one to watch out for is the TitanOne. They are working on adding true FFB and I have discussed some very encouraging ideas with Jefferson on how to get around the current issue. See this thread:

http://www.consoletuner.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=199&start=10#p2954

All the MaxRace guys are doing is copying Jefferson's designs and reverse engineering the schematics, just like ChronusMax is.

Great! I think that we need to give a try on it, and it's a big thing this TitanOne, and it's cheaper!

In the end a t80 would be better probably. It would be interesting to test out though.

Yeah man I hope all those Logitech owners get the support they want, but from what I heard Logitech is no longer in the Racing Wheel peripheral business, so I would strongly recommend anyone from even thinking about buying a new G25 or G27 in hopes for support, Thrustmaster is the way to go, I have a T80 and I really like it, The T80 is my first wheel from racing with a controller, which I still use from time to time, so don't get me wrong, I understand reverting back to less sophisticated technology can be a little deflating, but it gets the job done, for me, If only it were modular it would be everything, But you can't add the Manual five speed shifter, or clutch pedals, or other wheel options, but if it's in your price range, BUY IT!! I will wait until GT7 before I buy a Thrustmaster T300 RS, unless Project CARS is REALLY REALLY GOOD, I will buy it sooner, but I will see 5/12/2015 when it is released in North America. But here is A link of someone who has a Thrustmaster T300RS and a T80, and he gives a what i believe as a honest evaluation of Project CARS with a T80 and if you really want FFB try a ThrustmasterT100 and save some cash:

Last edited:
Is there any word on support for G27 or G25 owners? I have a new G27 already bought project cars and I am getting the feeling that I wasted my money....

Kwentyne, I feel you may have bought the wrong wheel if you are using pCARS on console buddy! If its on PC then you're good to go as the G27 will work.
Unfortunately, all this hype of Logitech working on a solution for PS4/Xbone is, IMHO, just that. Think about it, if Logitech was commited to giving their wheels next gen console support, surely they'd have done so by now ? Its a well known fact Logitech left the console peripheral market in 2013, so the newest wheels will be around two years old now. Of course, you'll still find independent resellers who have new, old stock of Logitech wheels, but what of the warranty issues ? If there's a fault with the wheel, what redress do you have with Logitech if they have stopped supporting them. I don't know of the legal implications of a situation such as this, I just hope Logitech will honour warranties.
At the end of the day, it all boils down to money. Logitech wheels could be used on PS4/Xbone if they pay the console maker a licence fee for support just like Thrustmaster and Fanatec have. As Logitech no longer make console peripherals, I can't see them paying out £££'s without the chance of re claiming it back in new wheel sales !

Looks like g29 is now mostly irrelevant, possibly the g920 in the future as well. http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/157536-What-is-the-CronusMAX-PLUS-PS4-Wheel-Edition

Wow, great news for who managed to stayed to their words and waited until now. Fantastic news for consumers but not sure what Logitech & Sony will feel for lost of revenue. Sucked in Logitech for releasing old technology. Wouldn't this allow Fanatec GT2/GT3 wheels to work as wheel?

Just out of curiosity, couldn't Sony simply disable support of CronusMAX to screw everyone up for not being a "licensed" product?

Last edited:
Wow, great news for who managed to stayed to their words and waited until now. Fantastic news for consumers but not sure what Logitech & Sony will feel for lost of revenue. Sucked in Logitech for releasing old technology. Wouldn't this allow Fanatec GT2/GT3 wheels to work as wheel?

Just out of curiosity, couldn't Sony simply disable support of CronusMAX to screw everyone up for not being a "licensed" product?
Yes they can , they have done it plenty of times before, i cant see it lasting long.

If these emulators can make the PS4 see a G29 as effectively as Fanatec made the PS3 see a G27, then I'm not sure how quickly Sony can get rid of them. The mythical "security chip" would be involved, I guess ;)

Mythical "security chip" will come in the form of small but frequent PS4 System Update. That would drive the CronusMax guys and owners mad.

Hope Sony turns a blind eye though and everyone (except Logitech) will be happy. :lol: I wonder how many G25/G27 owners have already moved on.

I have, and you know what? I could not be happier, I loved my g27. When I heard that it wasn't supported on the new console, I was livid.

I'm not just your average sim racer either. And most will agree. We,, who take this seriously. are pure sim racing hobbyists. It's the never ending quest of getting your rig just the way you want it. Mods the whole nine.

LogITech lost me as a customer, whether it was their fault or not. They should have fought for their customers. Then not a year later they reveal their new wheel? I didn't even bat an eye at it. I won't take a chance again that the g29 or whatever you call it won't work on new consoles. Grant it, I know we are still early in this generation of console. I'm hoping to have my wheel for at least 8 years before I consider upgrading.

Because he's trolling.

On a side note, I'm playing GT5 & 6 on PS3 using my Leo Bodnar wheel and HPP Pedals, via GIMX adapter. :)
Now that is very cool. How does the FFB hold up with such an awesome wheel?

On a side note, I'm playing GT5 & 6 on PS3 using my Leo Bodnar wheel and HPP Pedals, via GIMX adapter. :)

Would like to hear feedback on how gimx works with non-Logitech wheels especially the ffb. Thanks

Now that is very cool. How does the FFB hold up with such an awesome wheel?

I'll start by saying that I only own a PS3, not a PS4. It took me a while to get it working because there were a few hurdles/bugs Matlo and I had to squash first. But a couple days ago it finally worked and well, it is nothing short of GLORIOUS and there no...and I mean....ZERO lag!!!! Yes, you are reading this right gentlemen....you will soon be able to use not just Logitech but **ANY** PC FFB steering wheel on your PS3/PS4 using GIMX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matlo still has more work to do and bugs to squash, and it's still in beta phase, but make no mistake gentlemen....this is a HUGE Breakthrough!!! As an owner of a Bodnar wheel, HPP PRX Pedals, and a Fanatec CSS Shifter, I am absolutely elated that I can now use these devices on my PS3 as *ONE* "fake" Logitech G27 wheel. To be able to play Ridge Racer 7, a game I've been wanting to play with a good wheel for over 10 YEARS since the launch of the game in 2005, is a dream come true. To be able to play GT5 and GT6 with a Bodnar wheel, which deliver fantastic and lag-less FFB, is a marvel to behold!

Very very happy right now. Matlo is the real deal.

Oh and one more thing I'd like to mention....for those of you who do not want to go through the hassle of building your own GIMX adapter, go the GIMX website, and you'll see that Matlo explains how you can buy an improved adapter that is ALREADY assembled and is called the TIAO GBoard. I just bought two of them today because unfortunately the one that Matlo sent me broke a few hours ago(I accidentally tugged too hard on it and the USB Mini B connector got ripped away from the circuit board) so I will be GIMX-less over the next 72hrs :(

Back