FINALLY: G25/G27 support on PS4 at November!

• Thread starter GardenAll
  • 90 comments
I gotta disagree with some of you guys on the "false economy" thing. The many reason being that some people, myself included, have spent a lot of time and money building a rig and modifying their whele and pedal sets. The impractically and work required to switch wheel platforms, and to what I see as a bit of a downgrade with the t300s lack of hgate/sequential shifter and clutch pedal. It makes a lot more sense to spend 100 on a converter to keep my setup the way it is rather than pay 400 and many man hours trying to fashion it to my taste.
I would prefer Logitech come up with a solution. No offense to the other option, however having the support of a larger company with larger funds on a product they designed is bound to be a better product.
All moot mind you, as I have no plans on owning any of the new consoles. Surely no time soon. PC sims have ahold of me.

Wasn't sure where to post this.

Anyway, it looks like Thrustmaster is no longer the only company making wheels for the PS4.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/321466704053

Hi can you post a screen shot
(I got this message :
Unfortunately, access to this particular item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in some countries. We are blocking your viewing in an effort to prevent restricted items from being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases, we may prevent users from accessing items that are not within the scope of said restrictions because of limitations of existing technology. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.
:odd:

racingwheel_bana__09841.jpg

Hard to be sure but that back looks very thin, if it has ffb I can't imagine it is very strong.

Exactly, good luck getting a refund when that happens.
Another thing i didn't take into account. Greedy vultures might indeed just render any USB dongle/ workaround useless at the click of a button. I just hope not many people bend over and invest $$$ yet again in a new steering wheel just how Sony and MS planned it from the get go. We can't let them screw us over like that just because of a "security chip".

Look at the plastic crap they are releasing now which is "licensed", it does have the bloody chip so that makes it ok, whilst the expensive top of the line wheels we bought a couple of years ago are "not supported" :rolleyes:.

Still makes me so pissed, and i'm sure that if they would have played an honest game i would have bought a PS4 or XBone next year and invested in games, controllers, subscriptions and DLC but no..; they chose to do it differently and now there's a good chance i won't follow the newest console craze for the first time in more than 20 years and they will get 0 from me.

Then again, wheel users are just a minority so they couldn't care less about us.

Last edited:
Another thing i didn't take into account. Greedy vultures might indeed just render any USB dongle/ workaround useless at the click of a button. I just hope not many people bend over and invest $$$ yet again in a new steering wheel just how Sony and MS planned it from the get go. We can't let them screw us over like that just because of a "security chip".

Look at the plastic crap they are releasing now which is "licensed", it does have the bloody chip so that makes it ok, whilst the expensive top of the line wheels we bought a couple of years ago are "not supported" :rolleyes:.

Still makes me so pissed, and i'm sure that if they would have played an honest game i would have bought a PS4 or XBone next year and invested in games, controllers, subscriptions and DLC but no..; they chose to do it differently and now there's a good chance i won't follow the newest console craze for the first time in more than 20 years and they will get 0 from me.

Then again, wheel users are just a minority so they couldn't care less about us.

I feel your pain. I guess it's time for you and everyone else who owns G25/G27 to move on to a PC. To be very honest, it's becoming more obvious that there's little exclusive content this generation of game consoles have except Wii U. Every major title is available on all platforms and most of the old exclusives on consoles are even available on PCs.

Instead of spending over USD$800 for a new console and a new wheel, you could probably build a PC graphically far more superior than PS4/XB1 and use you existing wheel.

How long did you own your Logitech wheel?

Last edited:

That Hori wheel is just vibration only like a rumble pack... if the wheels cheap enough could always remove the security chip and install it into your old wheels.. someone would have to pave the way to make a tutorial but id say its totally doable

Depends on what filters through the chip. If all signals must be processed through it like some sort of encryption key or firewall, than the squeeze probably won't be worth the juice. If it just sends a signal on its own, than that should be easy. The thing is though, each wheel has its own drivers, and without supporting those it's going to be hard getting your wheel to behave right. Hence three dongle that this company is building.

I feel your pain. I guess it's time for you and everyone else who owns G25/G27 to move on to a PC. To be very honest, it's becoming more obvious that there's little exclusive content this generation of game consoles have except Wii U. Every major title is available on all platforms and most of the old exclusives on consoles are even available on PCs.

Instead of spending over USD$800 for a new console and a new wheel, you could probably build a PC graphically far more superior than PS4/XB1 and use you existing wheel.
How long did you own your Logitech wheel?
That's more or less the plan, but for now there's still lot's to do and finish on PS3/360 so by the time i do make the switch more is going to be known about the available options, and hardware will be a tad cheaper.

I own 2 fanatecs; a CSR and a 911 bought last year and this year.

Sadly we are in a minority that our voices will rarely be heard, plus if it is indeed a case of exclusivity between Sony and Thrustmaster then there is no way they'll terminate the contract.

I'm not buying a wheel and GT7 will probably be my first used gt game.

Sadly we are in a minority that our voices will rarely be heard, plus if it is indeed a case of exclusivity between Sony and Thrustmaster then there is no way they'll terminate the contract.

I'm not buying a wheel and GT7 will probably be my first used gt game.
Some way i can understand people wanting the full experience and selling of their current kit to buy a thrustmaster, but you're loosing out on hundreds of dollars/pounds/euros just because console manufacturers dictate it.

A scam if ever there was one.

Is the feedback of the T300 actually better than that of a G27? I got my logitech wheel for over 300 euro IIRC, and this is for around 100-200 it seems. If it is, then good, but the pedals look like plastic and there's an ugly PS button in the middle and those cheap buttons on the T300. I'm not trying to be nitty-picky here, I'm saying that the G27 must still be the better wheel overall.

It's very frustrating for me. I got my G27 last February, and for it to be incompatible, or not as good on the Ps4 is quite annoying. It's a great wheel, and I've gotten real used to it (and it has some good memories!). I don't fancy downgrading to a cheaper wheel, and spending even more money. I presume the demand for this wheel is gone way down. Just very annoying, I'm going to curl up and buy Fifa... Lol

I knew this coming, when they first released the PS4, So I just opted out of buying A Logictech G27, I'm glad I did, I bought A Thrustmaster T80 To try Project Cars in March 17,2015, and if it is a solid game I will buy A T300 RS or wait until GT7 is released, It is an upgrade from my Hypermax III PS3 Controller, It's better than A DS3 Controller.
hipermax-III-hks-ps3-controller.jpg

Last edited:
That's more or less the plan, but for now there's still lot's to do and finish on PS3/360 so by the time i do make the switch more is going to be known about the available options, and hardware will be a tad cheaper.

I own 2 fanatecs; a CSR and a 911 bought last year and this year.
If it's in your budget then make the switch now, you won't regret it. It's such a great time for PC sims. AC, PCars, Game Stock Car, all the old sims. There are literally more games than you'd have time for and the price is cheaper too. I just bought the SimBin MegaBundle on sale for less than the price of a Little Caesar's Hot and Ready medium pizza!!! Games are regularly on sale for 50-80% off on Steam:eek::eek:.

If it's in your budget then make the switch now, you won't regret it. It's such a great time for PC sims. AC, PCars, Game Stock Car, all the old sims. There are literally more games than you'd have time for and the price is cheaper too. I just bought the SimBin MegaBundle on sale for less than the price of a Little Caesar's Hot and Ready medium pizza!!! Games are regularly on sale for 50-80% off on Steam:eek::eek:.
Problem is i already have more games than i have time for. I'm hooked on GAS and i have to redo everything there as i now downloaded a spanish copy in order to have the DLC which deleted my save, and then there's tons of other games i still have to start/finish on last gen, so actually it would be better for the piggy bank to just enjoy what is on offer on the consoles i own already. Thing is there was already a steam sale for a Simbin megabundle a couple of months ago with all the same games included and for half the price you payed now :lol:, so for the price of a pack of chips and a sixpack of beer i registered on steam and bought it too (4 bucks), even though i don't own a pc yet.

That probably means i'll buy one in the future and i'll be a late entry to all those pc racers. Patience saves you a lot of money in the gaming industry :D

If this were a car it would end up in the questionable modifications thread.

This is actually one of the most annoying issue since I started playing consoles some 25 years ago. Bought myself my wet dream in steering wheel hardware last year around this time. Fanatec CSW Base, V2 pedals, Shifter and a BMW wheel to go with it all, was around 1400euros with shipping. Ok expensive, but I thought it be worth it and didn't even have a smallest guess that it wouldn't be compatible with the upcoming PS4 that I also pre-ordered very early as a loyal PlayStation fanboy! I just love my Fanatec gear and spent days behind this top of the line kit and GT6. Then my PS4 arrives with the only racing game available at release nfs-****, ok haven't liked any of the latest 5 NFS games but it was the only racing game there.. Plugged in my wheel and nothing is working, did some googling and was told it's not supported by the game! Screw you NFS.. Pre-ordered Drive Club and didn't touch the PS4 until it arrived, tried the wheel again and you know the outcome... Started bugging Fanatec about this and there answers is that there working on it! Then a start reading all about this thrustmaster deal and security chip nonsens. Ok so Fanatec is announcing that there CSW base V2 almost certain will be PS4 compatible... Good waits and waits and there working on it, sell your V1 base and pre-order the V2 was the comforting word on the forums.. So I sold my base... and guess what... now there is no longer any big hopes on any PS4 support... I so f...ing angry at this that I may leave gaming forever and grow up...

This is actually one of the most annoying issue since I started playing consoles some 25 years ago. Bought myself my wet dream in steering wheel hardware last year around this time. Fanatec CSW Base, V2 pedals, Shifter and a BMW wheel to go with it all, was around 1400euros with shipping. Ok expensive, but I thought it be worth it and didn't even have a smallest guess that it wouldn't be compatible with the upcoming PS4 that I also pre-ordered very early as a loyal PlayStation fanboy! I just love my Fanatec gear and spent days behind this top of the line kit and GT6. Then my PS4 arrives with the only racing game available at release nfs-****, ok haven't liked any of the latest 5 NFS games but it was the only racing game there.. Plugged in my wheel and nothing is working, did some googling and was told it's not supported by the game! Screw you NFS.. Pre-ordered Drive Club and didn't touch the PS4 until it arrived, tried the wheel again and you know the outcome... Started bugging Fanatec about this and there answers is that there working on it! Then a start reading all about this thrustmaster deal and security chip nonsens. Ok so Fanatec is announcing that there CSW base V2 almost certain will be PS4 compatible... Good waits and waits and there working on it, sell your V1 base and pre-order the V2 was the comforting word on the forums.. So I sold my base... and guess what... now there is no longer any big hopes on any PS4 support... I so f...ing angry at this that I may leave gaming forever and grow up...
Sell your PS4 and use the money to get a pc, it really has the most realistic racing games and all your gear will still work fine.

I feel you though, i bought 2 fanatec wheels this year and last, so i will probably get a PC also when it's clear there is no compatibility and they screwed us all over.

Sell your PS4 and use the money to get a pc, it really has the most realistic racing games and all your gear will still work fine.

I feel you though, i bought 2 fanatec wheels this year and last, so i will probably get a PC also when it's clear there is no compatibility and they screwed us all over.

I don't see GT7 hitting the pc gaming scene any time soon... Ok there are great racing games for pc, but i'l always loved gran turismo series and this is still my Nr 1 choice when I want to play. Tried all kind of racing games but still I end up playing gran turismo.. Shift 1&2 was promising but never understood the feeling of the steering input.. I think that the ps4 can definitely deliver a fantastic feel to a proper wheel.. Was at a game store this sunday and they had the thrustmaster wheels set up to try.. Such pieces of crappy plastic bull, no serious sim racer could say with their hands at heart that this is acceptable? It's like, ok let's build a fantastic chassis (game makers / ps4) and then let someone ( thrustmaster) make the engine and it ends with a Koenigsegg with a 2cv engine.. Not what you would buy... Ok posers would

I don't see GT7 hitting the pc gaming scene any time soon.
GT series has lost me, with the crap offline 'racing' and career mode PD is serving us nowadays there's no reason to stick to playstation for me (it used to be different).

Back