First Bad Drift Lobby experiences

• Thread starter Dagger311
  • 33 comments
United States
Marietta, GA
Dagger31198
I just got out of a drift lobby, and thought I would share my experience.

Comfort hard restricted. No problem, I have three ch setups.
Fr, mr, and rr drivetrain only. I have two that fit that description.

Host was nice, and very good at drifting. I stayed away from him for fear of losing control and ramming him.

A guy in a Mustang asked me to tandem drift with him. I told him I wasn't very good at it, but he insisted.

Everything was going good up until a big banked turn with a sandpit to the left (Can't remember track name, it's the one with that curved tunnel right after the bridge). He hits his rear driver side tire in the sand, spins around, then I crash into him head on.

I naturally back up, letting him take his position back so we can keep going. Instead of chalking it up to "It happens", he whines and throws a fit, saying everything from the host has dumb restrictions to I should've stopped sooner so we wouldn't have crashed. He stormed out, but me and the host and one other guy in some JDM (I think it was a Miata, I didn't check) had a great time though.

Wasn't really a bad lobby, just a bad player I guess. But anyway, let's hear some of your drift lobby experiences.

I usually drift (and race) only in Japanese lobbies because i hate it when people talking and asking about the weather or something. I never lag or get kicked out of the japanese rooms like others do^^ maybe because nearly all my PSN friends are japanese.

Last edited:
Sounds like the guy only wanted to tandem with you (you warned him) to take pictures, but you then messed his car up by hitting him and he got pissed.

Sounds like the guy only wanted to tandem with you (you warned him) to take pictures, but you then messed his car up by hitting him and he got pissed.
I thought of that, but it still doesn't make sense that he would get mad at me when he's the one that lost control though :lol:.

Contrary to the last lobby, I got in this one, and everyone was nice, no restrictions. One guy was drifting a veyron right next to my toyota. He wouldn't pass, but he stayed just far enough to not wreck as long as I didn't. The host was in the most epic powder blue corvette ever (Having trouble visualising powder blue? Look at the Prius here http://www.fareenacorp.com/details.php?id=358&sn=catID). There was one other guy in a Subaru, and another Miata as well.

Last edited:
"real drifting" means "The way I do it." Some people just don't understand that there are several ways to drift I guess.

According to these clowns if you weren't drifting a Nissan s-chassis, a Z, or a BMW you weren't really drifting. Makes sense.

According to these clowns if you weren't drifting a Nissan s-chassis, a Z, or a BMW you weren't really drifting. Makes sense.
I have four drift setups. A Corolla, a Mitsubishi Lancer or Evo, can't remember, a Mustang, and a Vette. Not one Nissan, and only one S-chassis (I think, I know nothing about this), and I come out fine. Although people pitch fits for some reason when I bring out the Vette or Mustang.

Point being, yet again, several ways to drift, most of them work very well. The only thing I don't reccomend is supercars as your very first one. I mean try it if you want, but I couldn't even handle the vette very well at first. But again, whatever works for you.

I have four drift setups. A Corolla, a Mitsubishi Lancer or Evo, can't remember, a Mustang, and a Vette. Not one Nissan, and only one S-chassis (I think, I know nothing about this), and I come out fine. Although people pitch fits for some reason when I bring out the Vette or Mustang.

Point being, yet again, several ways to drift, most of them work very well. The only thing I don't reccomend is supercars as your very first one. I mean try it if you want, but I couldn't even handle the vette very well at first. But again, whatever works for you.
Exactly, in my opinion the s-chassis slides like a brick on ice, not my style. I haven't tried drifting a vette, I have one I think I might try setting it up to drift.

Exactly, in my opinion the s-chassis slides like a brick on ice, not my style. I haven't tried drifting a vette, I have one I think I might try setting it up to drift.
There's a drift tune somewhere around here, it's what I'm using.

Edit: for the modern one.

I think I might try and tune my own, should be a fairly easy car to tune.
I always figured drift tuning was easy, at least a basic one. Should be able to just make it really stiff amd rear heavy, and then lock the diff. That, by my guesses, should do alright.
Never tuned a drift car though.

I usually drift (and race) only in Japanese lobbies because i hate it when people talking and asking about the weather or something. I never lag or get kicked out of the japanese rooms like others do^^ maybe because nearly all my PSN friends are japanese.
I find the japanese lobbies to be the friendliest and most helpful! And somehow they use better english than most english speakers i know

So i just joined a public drift lobby on suzuka east. Starting doing a lap to set myself a score (as you do in drift lobbies) when some angry northern drift nazi starts shouting, right kick this guy, kick that guy (me) and kick those other two. I drove on further to find the reason was because i was driving "the wrong way" (which was actually the right way) around the track and him and his buddies were waiting at the end of the section. If i was there long enough i wouldve joined them(as you do) for some tandem action but no.

@OHH_OUI

If you see them doing a section you should join them, don't hold them up like that every time you do a lap, it's very frustrating to them not to mention inconsiderate, I've been in that position many times before so I know the feeling.

Common sense is important in drift lobbies.

Although, he should of asked you to stop doing laps instead of just kicking you straight away, but if you refused then they have every right to kick.

@OHH_OUI

If you see them doing a section you should join them, don't hold them up like that every time you do a lap, it's very frustrating to them not to mention inconsiderate, I've been in that position many times before so I know the feeling.

Common sense is important in drift lobbies.

Although, he should of asked you to stop doing laps instead of just kicking you straight away, but if you refused then they have every right to kick.
Im not entirely new to drifting on this game and i have spent alot of time going backwards and forwards through sections with people so i completely understand where youre coming from. The point i was trying to make is, i didnt even get a chance to join them, this was all in the first lap!

I have mixed reviews, from the most part I've had majority good so far. I run into similar issues like the OP stated. Don't cry if you get hit, its just a game people make mistakes and no one can be 100% perfect all the time. I've been recently kicked a lot, don't know if its because of the psn name I've chosen to go with or what? I'm usually a nice guy, very respectful to other players and being new too gt6 or gt period I've caught on quick to drifting in the game because I do it in real life but I tend to spin out giving I'm not use to the tunning aspects of the game. I've been kicked simply because of a miss understanding, for instance someone spinning me out and I hit the leading car who just happens to be the host and cries he lost all his points, well so did I? Lol some of the lobbies I find are full of very immature kids who do nothing but talk crap about other gamers, grow up you're not cool! Like I said though for the most part its been a good experience thus far and I've enjoyed talking cars with a lot of you guys! My psn is CUTESTORYBRO, feel free to add me on pen I'm new to the forum, just thought I post my experiences with this new game!

I have mixed reviews, from the most part I've had majority good so far. I run into similar issues like the OP stated. Don't cry if you get hit, its just a game people make mistakes and no one can be 100% perfect all the time. I've been recently kicked a lot, don't know if its because of the psn name I've chosen to go with or what? I'm usually a nice guy, very respectful to other players and being new too gt6 or gt period I've caught on quick to drifting in the game because I do it in real life but I tend to spin out giving I'm not use to the tunning aspects of the game. I've been kicked simply because of a miss understanding, for instance someone spinning me out and I hit the leading car who just happens to be the host and cries he lost all his points, well so did I? Lol some of the lobbies I find are full of very immature kids who do nothing but talk crap about other gamers, grow up you're not cool! Like I said though for the most part its been a good experience thus far and I've enjoyed talking cars with a lot of you guys! My psn is CUTESTORYBRO, feel free to add me on pen I'm new to the forum, just thought I post my experiences with this new game!
Ill add you! I too am sick of children who seem to have come straight from playing black ops 2 to this, who now drive round thinking theyre the drift king and making sure everyone knows.

Ill add you! I too am sick of children who seem to have come straight from playing black ops 2 to this, who now drive round thinking theyre the drift king and making sure everyone knows.

Exactly, most of them fail to realize that they have more time on their hands then say someone of my age. I didn't pay 60 bucks to play a game to get cussed out by a 10 year old. Lol I play the game on my down time in between work and building my s13 vert, I may not be dk of gt6 but I can hold my own well enough to play with the better players, more mature players.

My hate about drifting online is when others don't apologise for ruining your run. I agree with @juanjayz that not everyone can be 100% perfect all the time but common courtesy can go a long way! If people apologise for a mistake then we draw a line under it and move on. Simples.

My hate about drifting online is when others don't apologise for ruining your run. I agree with @juanjayz that not everyone can be 100% perfect all the time but common courtesy can go a long way! If people apologise for a mistake then we draw a line under it and move on. Simples.

I totally agree and for the most part I'll pull off and wait until everyone has passed before getting back out on the tack. This instance I was kicked before Icould even type out "mb." I have a really good internet speed, so from now on I'll be hosting a lobby every night so that I no longer have to worry about it.

Last edited:
Somehow, in GT5, I always seemed to join lobbies that had those idiots in them. But there would often be at least a couple of players in there that would be fair and nice and not ramming everyone in their way.

So I just started sending FR's, clearly stating that I prefer having a good time online, and that the player I've sent an FR to could drift AND be nice/polite. And that is the kind of player I want to drift with. I don't really care if he's 10 years old or 60. Nice/fair is good. I also think that I can't have too many friends that is that.

So I haven't really had a bad online experience at all on GT6. Well, you can't get rid of all idiots, but a lot of them. I just join a friends lobby, drift and may add some of the others in that lobby. Because if someone drifts cleanly (not intentionally ramming and beeing an 🤬) they usually kick those idiots out kind of quickly 👍 Another good thing is that I've got friends from a lot of countries and thereby different timezones, which makes it very rarely that none of them are online 👍

So, with all that said, feel free to add me if you want. I can't really tandem (not with the DS3, and sure as hell not with the wheel...yet):indiff: but at least I won't ram you intentionally :) PSN: Flash_Sweden

I know them sort lol. The sort that call tracks maps ha ha ha.

Back