First Car?

United Kingdom
Bristol
spender
Thinking back to GT1 and one of the big differences was starting with hardly any cash (was it £2k), having to buy a wreck that you had to race 5 or 6 times to make the £120 to buy a new clutch plate or exhaust or decide to earn more to cut the weight. Lots of strategy!!
My first car was a 2.0 Ford Sierra. What was yours?

Is this first real life car or first car in GT1? If GT1, then my first car was a '88 Nissan Silvia K's. Sold that and the Mazda Demio A-Spec to buy a '89 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R

Definitely first GT1 car. I fell in love with the Skylines in GT1 and have used them in all the games since. Seem to remember getting one up to 800+bhp and there wasn't much that could touch it.

My first car in GT1 was a Nissan S13 Silvia ’88 Ks 1800cc, I actually never sold it throughout the entire game lol. The S13 actually ended up being one of my favorite cars =)

The S13 Silvia '88 Ks 1800cc looks and runs great in its race-mod. Might actually be the best starter car of all. Lime green two-tone?

Yeah the silva K's was my first car also! Haha, I can't really remember the options that we had, but I can remember that they were quite limited.

I have had many different first cars(starter cars) in GT1 over my many playthroughs. I have used FC RX7's, Nissan Silvia Ks 1800, Civic CRX, Toyota MA70, and lastly in my current playthrough a Mitsubishi Mirage Cyborg R.

Out of them all I'd say the RX7 was the best for my tastes.

At first i finished all licenses at gold, as a result was 3 cars (Red Concept Car, TRD 3000GT and NISMO 400R); therefore my first car was Red Concept Car.

MA70 Supra. Blue. Always chose that, was it GT1 or 2. One of the best cars in the game, even to look at, if in the right color.

SUPRA 3.0R FTW! mine was black. only just overtaken as best car in my garage by a gto. (i'm not far in the game, stuck on 4wd challenge)

and what do you mean "who ever bought that car?" do you mean, who would buy something so ugly? or curiosity as to who was its first owner? The new ones arn't bad, but i don't like the old ones :yuck:

Have used several over different playthroughs.

Used to always be Skyline r32, Ma70 supra or Rx-7 savanna.

Later I tried the Mirage Cyborg and Prelude. I think the first car I ever picked over a decade ago was am R32 gts 25.

Started over with GT1 a couple days ago.

Got the Mazda RX-7 FC GT-X, at a price of 9,300 from the used dealer.

It was either that or the R32 GTS.

I distinctly remember in my first game toying with an 80's Trueno or Levin, then reloading the game and starting with a red MA70 Supra.

Brute force and ignorance. Took me days to win my first race.

for GT1, best choice would be what another member here said, try getting gold, (i could never do it :(...) but anyways when i bought the vehicles i'd always choose the cheapest end so I'd have cash, so trueno, or something similar so I can still be competitive. A few times i did buy the mk3 supra though, very good car for a beginner.

My 1st car in GT1 was a red 1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT :)

Just got GT1 back again. I just got a '92 GTO this time, as well. Mine was blue, though. Right after, I sold it. Now, I've got a '96 RM'ed. Also in blue.

My first GT2 car (Started on GT2 and loved it so much I went back and got GT1 too) was the Toyota Supra Twin Turbo 91'. Best starter car I've ever purchased :)

The Dodge Concept car(b license). Then an Integra TypeR. Anyone other got it as first car?

Last edited:
Gran Turismo ™;7962470
for GT1, best choice would be what another member here said, try getting gold, (i could never do it :(...) but anyways when i bought the vehicles i'd always choose the cheapest end so I'd have cash, so trueno, or something similar so I can still be competitive. A few times i did buy the mk3 supra though, very good car for a beginner.

Poor noob.. XD

My secret for golding licenses: Do not cheat.Be patient and practice. And play Test Drive 5 or 6.(all cars understeers)

I started playing GT1 a long time ago (in 1997), but I think my first car a black Nissan Silvia S13 K's, it sold for 550 000 Cr. I think (I had the NTSC-J version back then, still have it today). It seemed a reasonably fast car for me as I wasn't experienced in such games. :)

Back